Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I'm up for taking it next. Stockholm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amok
Oct 5, 2004
You can't spell failure without U R A
And Helsinki is just a hop, skip and a jump away.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

nielsm posted:

Any objections?

Also where's the poo poo Camera For Idiots right now?

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

Klogdor posted:

It has arrived!

Camera Around The World by Robin Rist Kildal, on Flickr

Now to take some pictures and send it to the next one (Missed festival season though).

Who gets it next ?
Hurray!

I'm happy with the Camera bouncing around in Scandanavia for a while. Stockholm ahoy!

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

SoundMonkey posted:

Also where's the poo poo Camera For Idiots right now?

Still in my possession. I'll pass it on soon!

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Laser Cow and azathosk post the dicpix.

Klogdor
Jul 17, 2007

nielsm posted:

Just pm me your address and I'll send it in eh.. maybe two weeks ? I have a week of vacation coming up in a couple of days, so I'll need a few extra to actually go shooting.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

I'll take the poo poo Camera for Idiots from MrBlandAverage if he's willing to let it stagnate in Portland more.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

MrBlandAverage posted:

Still in my possession. I'll pass it on soon!

By papal decree, ex cathedra, dukeku will be the next sad recipient of the Digital Shamebox.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

SoundMonkey posted:

By papal decree, ex cathedra, dukeku will be the next sad recipient of the Digital Shamebox.

It is known.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

pseudonordic posted:

It is known.

On Earth as it is in Heaven.

dukeku posted:

I'll take the poo poo Camera for Idiots from MrBlandAverage if he's willing to let it stagnate in Portland more.

Yes do this thing.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

hail satan

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Zalgo
Oct 21, 2009

He͔̻̖͕ ͕͈̺͕̜c̯̜͇̲o̜͖̦m͙es͔̞̬̗͙.̥

Klogdor
Jul 17, 2007
The Canon has left my care, and is heading for Sweden right now.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Hurray! I was just going to come in here and ask for an update.

Post your pics to the Tumblr as soon as you can, please.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

And I have the camera!

Anyone else in Stockholm (or vicinity) still around, for a personal handoff? Or where does it go to next?

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Stockholm, cool!

I think the next destination is either Finland or Germany.

Somebody from either of those places (or, I guess Denmark or somebody else in Sweden) tell us why nielsm should send it your way next.

Amok
Oct 5, 2004
I got three rolls of Portra400 here in Helsinki and I'm not afraid to use 'em. Autumn is moving towards winter rather rapidly, so it would be pretty great to get the camera here before all the trees turn from bright reds and yellows to dead brown. Photography-wise I'm leaning towards a tour of the 18th century Suomenlinna sea fortress, the architecture of the russian period in Helsinki and obviously some catte photos.

Klogdor
Jul 17, 2007

ExecuDork posted:

Hurray! I was just going to come in here and ask for an update.

Post your pics to the Tumblr as soon as you can, please.

1. Crap, I forgot to sign the case.

2. send me the email link thingy, and I'll post some of my crappy pictures.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Posted some pictures, with hilarious colors. (Still learning to fix that balance, 5 years expired film doesn't particularly make it either either.)
I think the camera has caught a small light leak.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

nielsm posted:

Posted some pictures, with hilarious colors. (Still learning to fix that balance, 5 years expired film doesn't particularly make it either either.)

Whelp, time to replace it with an ME Super.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Mr. Despair posted:

Whelp, time to replace it with an ME Super.

As if you could survive that psychologically, you'd be posting every two hours asking where the ME Super is and making sure it's safe.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

nielsm posted:

Yeah, I noticed that it has a bit of a leak when I got my pictures back too.

Dalax
Oct 27, 2007

nielsm posted:

Would you mind posting descriptions along with the pics? I've been to Stockholm a couple of times (awesome city) but I can't remember the names of anything at all.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Dalax posted:

Would you mind posting descriptions along with the pics? I've been to Stockholm a couple of times (awesome city) but I can't remember the names of anything at all.

Well, I can't edit the posts myself, and Tumblr's email parser seems to get confused by the way Gmail lays out mails with image attachments. Maybe if I ask ExecuDork nicely he'll edit them for me :) (Sending PM.)

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

SpoopyMonkey posted:

As if you could survive that psychologically, you'd be posting every two hours asking where the ME Super is and making sure it's safe.

Why, it's an ME Super. It'll go through hell and back and be ok (until the film lock lever get too cold and stops slipping, I suppose).

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Light leaks add character. Just like expired film, or cross-processing, or getting ...touched... by Mr. Despair.

Klogdor posted:

1. Crap, I forgot to sign the case.

2. send me the email link thingy, and I'll post some of my crappy pictures.

PM sent!

EDIT: Somebody figure out a way to sign the case on Klogdor's behalf. I'm thinking something obnoxious/insulting, of course. I leave it to whatever inherent intra-Scandanavian rivalry exists to figure out the details.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

ExecuDork posted:

Light leaks add character. Just like expired film, or cross-processing, or getting ...touched... by Mr. Despair.

PM sent!

EDIT: Somebody figure out a way to sign the case on Klogdor's behalf. I'm thinking something obnoxious/insulting, of course. I leave it to whatever inherent intra-Scandanavian rivalry exists to figure out the details.

You make cross processing Kodachrome sound so dirty!

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Mr. Despair posted:

You make cross processing Kodachrome sound so dirty!

...he types, his fingers still sticky with remjet.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Amok posted:

I got three rolls of Portra400 here in Helsinki and I'm not afraid to use 'em. Autumn is moving towards winter rather rapidly, so it would be pretty great to get the camera here before all the trees turn from bright reds and yellows to dead brown. Photography-wise I'm leaning towards a tour of the 18th century Suomenlinna sea fortress, the architecture of the russian period in Helsinki and obviously some catte photos.

Should probably send it to Helsinki some time soon.
Amok, can you PM me an address to send to?

Amok
Oct 5, 2004
Done and done.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I've added a body cap and an extra lens back-cap to the box, and two rolls of fun B/W film (orthochromatic document film) including instructions.

I also have a bad FD-system flash I'd be fine with parting with, but it doesn't fit in the blue case. Keep it, or ship outside the case?

Boneitis
Jul 14, 2010
Think the camera will be anywhere near the southeastern United States sometime soon?

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

nielsm posted:

I've added a body cap and an extra lens back-cap to the box, and two rolls of fun B/W film (orthochromatic document film) including instructions.

I also have a bad FD-system flash I'd be fine with parting with, but it doesn't fit in the blue case. Keep it, or ship outside the case?
Don't worry about the flash, they're a dime-a-dozen in most places (I'm looking at you, Perth, as the exception) and two packages would make this way too complicated. I have a fully functional FD-system, Canon-brand flash that didn't fit.

Thanks for adding those things, sounds like fun.

Boneitis posted:

Think the camera will be anywhere near the southeastern United States sometime soon?
Define "soon". This project moves at a pretty slow pace, because Goons. It'll return Stateside eventually.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

ExecuDork posted:

Define "soon". This project moves at a pretty slow pace, because Goons. It'll return Stateside eventually.

Actually I'm pretty sure it'll end up in a back alley gambling parlor in Saigon playing russian roulette to sustain its crippling heroin addiction. That camera's seen some poo poo, man.

Boneitis
Jul 14, 2010

ExecuDork posted:

Don't worry about the flash, they're a dime-a-dozen in most places (I'm looking at you, Perth, as the exception) and two packages would make this way too complicated. I have a fully functional FD-system, Canon-brand flash that didn't fit.

Thanks for adding those things, sounds like fun.

Some time between now and the next ten decades
I wouldn't expect to see it in under four months or so

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Well whaddaya know, the camera is actually leaving Sweden now! Finally got off my lazy rear end and sent it.

Cost for Sweden to Finland: 360 SEK (about $55 USD)

I also forgot to sign the case.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

nielsm posted:

Cost for Sweden to Finland: 360 SEK (about $55 USD)
Ouch! How does that compare to a round-trip ticket (train/bus/cheapflight/whatever)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

ExecuDork posted:

Ouch! How does that compare to a round-trip ticket (train/bus/cheapflight/whatever)?

Well if I'm okay with long travel times (about 14 hours total) I can get a ferry + train trip one way (Stockholm to Helsinki) for around 213 SEK. Alternatively, a discount air ticket for 199 SEK, but gently caress getting from central Stockholm to Arlanda airport. Seriously, if you can help it don't fly to Stockholm.

So yeah, I might almost just have taken a short vacation and deliver it in person. Also there's some nice sights on the ferry while sailing out of the Stockholm archipelago, past Åland and into Turku.

• Locked thread