Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Is there a list of the stuff like how many farms to upgrade grandma?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

Sometimes you have to break out a graphing calculator and a spreadsheet to decide when to prestige.

Other times, you just know.

Greybone
May 25, 2003

Not the red cross.

Greybone posted:

I AM FREE!

E: gently caress, nothing says 'disappointment' quite as much as a frenzy cookie after 12 minutes waiting when you have 0 cps.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Bash Ironfist posted:

Is there a list of the stuff like how many farms to upgrade grandma?

It's 15. You can find out more here.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Got all the achievements and this game is starting to seep into my dreams so I'm gonna drop it now and hope I don't get dragged back again. :catstare:

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Second run, just bought the Communal Brainsweep.

First red cookie: Clicked. Elder Frenzy.

Second red cookie: Clicked. Elder Frenzy.

:ohdear:

Greybone
May 25, 2003

Not the red cross.
Screw clicking the cookie!

khy
Aug 15, 2005

So a little math that I PROBABLY screwed up tells me that frenzy produces LESS cookies than a maxxed-out "Lucky!" does, even when the duration is doubled. Is this accurate?

Greybone
May 25, 2003

Not the red cross.

khy posted:

So a little math that I PROBABLY screwed up tells me that frenzy produces LESS cookies than a maxxed-out "Lucky!" does, even when the duration is doubled. Is this accurate?

This one seems fairly accurate with the numbers:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/73817062/cookies/cookies.html

I think your assumption is correct.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Lucky is 10% of your bank or 1200 seconds of production.

Maxed Frenzy is 7*154 (1078) seconds.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Although you were going to produce 154 seconds of your cps anyway, so the actual extra given by Frenzy is 924s worth.

So yeah, Lucky is better once you have 12,000s worth of production banked.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.
Am I correct in understanding that after going through the One Mind stuff, that the only penalty for not using the Elder Pledge for appeasement is that red cookies pop up instead of gold cookies?

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Esroc posted:

Am I correct in understanding that after going through the One Mind stuff, that the only penalty for not using the Elder Pledge for appeasement is that red cookies pop up instead of gold cookies?

Yes.

Miracon
Jan 1, 2010

I set this up to run while I was at at work and came back to 16 quadrillion cookies :stare:

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

And kinda poorly too. did you see this scrub pausing in the middle of a clicking frenzy to buy a shipment? Come on, son.

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009

Esroc posted:

Depending on where you stand, it can be a pretty significant penalty. Once you get into the habit of keeping enough reserve cookies to reach the "Lucky" cookie cap, and especially once you buy the "get lucky" upgrade, golden cookies will be so much more valuable.

Speaking of, got a cookie chain just now during a frenzy. It ended after the 11th cookie so I didn't see if it was affected by the frenzy, but it didn't look like it, which is a shame since even though it is by far the least likely golden cookie bonus, it's hilariously underpowered once your cps reaches the billions and you have the reserve to support "lucky/frenzy" combos.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I reset and only got 15 chips.

I am not a patient man.

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

Ezzer posted:

Sometimes you have to break out a graphing calculator and a spreadsheet to decide when to prestige.

Other times, you just know.

I just reset at the exact same number. It feels so right.

Pizzatime
Apr 1, 2011

Collateral Damage posted:

I reset and only got 15 chips.

I am not a patient man.

Wet Biscuit McGlee
Jul 13, 2006

girls hate me
Got 100 antimatter condensers and reset with 100% achievements, feels good.

oldgoatmon
Jul 4, 2004

Ohhh Bitch, You Got Jacked Bitch
Went away for the weekend, came back, antimatters are no longer at 1 trillion for me anymore. Even with the extra chips this is so much slower :(

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

10 Antimatter Condensers to go, and that's every non shadow achievement. And they're already costing in the quadrillions :negative:

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Refreshed, got a black page. Panicked for a bit, but discovered I only needed to restart Chrome to continue playing. :buddy:

[edit]
Imma keep playing until I get stroopwafels, then reset. :geert:

Sywert of Thieves fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Sep 23, 2013

h_double
Jul 27, 2001
I accidentally doubled clicked on a wrath cookie and wastefully bought a 201st cursor at a cost of 20+ trillion. #firstworldcookieproblems

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Merijn posted:

Refreshed, got a black page. Panicked for a bit, but discovered I only needed to restart Chrome to continue playing. :buddy:

I've been having a weird thing where the Cookie Monster numbers on the Golden/Blood cookie show up but not the cookie graphic itself. Restarting Chrome fixes it.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

jjac posted:

I just reset at the exact same number. It feels so right.

Wait, I don't get it. I thought you could have an unlimited number of chips?

M3wThr33
Sep 4, 2004

I gave up long ago trying to contribute anything ever.

khy posted:

Wait, I don't get it. I thought you could have an unlimited number of chips?

420... you know. Weed?

khy
Aug 15, 2005

M3wThr33 posted:

420... you know. Weed?

God damnit. Five years ago that would have been glaringly obvious to me.

I hate it when I start to really feel my age.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

I'm at 3.8 billion cps and all my next upgrades cost at least 1 trillion cookies. The next upgrade is 'Get Lucky!' but it's going to take 4 hours to get enough cookies to buy it.

I'm in the void between two fun parts, aren't I? :eng99:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Upgrades are rarely worth it when they first become available. Keep buying buildings for a while.

If you use Cookie Monster it will show you the relative worth of upgrades vs buildings in your current game state.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Collateral Damage posted:

Upgrades are rarely worth it when they first become available. Keep buying buildings for a while.

The kitten upgrades are always worth it, the +base income and building doublers are when you have like 20 of the building. The %-increase upgrades are for when you can afford them with a lucky cookie.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Is CookieMonster update continously? Suddenly I got X's on my tooltips. They're not very useful because I can't click them (the tooltip disappears when I move the cursor), but still.

[edit]
vvvvvv It's just that they weren't there before, even with the red warning box attached.

Sywert of Thieves fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Sep 23, 2013

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

You're not supposed to click them, they're telling you not to buy the building because it'll drop you below the maximum Lucky! bonus. You get a /!\ caution symbol if it were to drop you below the maximum Frenzy + Lucky! bonus

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Merijn posted:

I'm at 3.8 billion cps and all my next upgrades cost at least 1 trillion cookies. The next upgrade is 'Get Lucky!' but it's going to take 4 hours to get enough cookies to buy it.

I'm in the void between two fun parts, aren't I? :eng99:

At that point you just get way more cookies from golden cookies than you do from regular production. Bank up 12,000x your CPS (so like 47t in your case) and activate the elder pact. You'll get several trillion every several minutes from lucky cookies.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
2 Antimatter Condensers to go

Just 2 more...

I should have 1 by the time I finish work (in 2 1/2hrs time), and the last when I get in to work tomorrow.

But I will have it done.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Look at all these fucks I'm not giving:

I've become the Mitt Romney of cookies. I don't do a drat thing, yet reap enormous amounts of income from it.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

22.2B/s? Oh please, you're not even remotely Cookie Mitt Romney.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Add another digit to that multiplier and then maybe you can see about getting into the Cookie Club Golf Club.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Mr. Maltose posted:

Add another digit to that multiplier and then maybe you can see about getting into the Cookie Club Golf Club.

It's the Cookie Clicker Country Club and maybe one day we'll bother giving you an invitation so you can remember the proper name :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

One thing I'm wondering about the Grandmapocalypse - if you sell all your grandmas, that should end it, right? I doubt it actually does but if we get rid of them all there'd be no grandmas to bring on the end.

• Locked thread