Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I remember my first time I played against Aragotos. They were cool as all hell, but AROs destroyed them. One got shot in the face as it jumped (!) over a boulder, the other took a crit while in a shooting exchange. Aragotos, at least, are pretty hampered by the lack of extra wounds or NWI. Not resilient to bad luck.

But that was rolling, rocky hills. In an urban environment with lots of streets and compartmentalized fire lanes... and with Penthesilea's NWI... that's pretty scary. Makes me want to run Aleph, to be honest, since I love fast 2W (real or pseudo) models.

Corbeau fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Sep 22, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
ALEPH has some pretty nifty, durable units, but most of them start at the 40-point range or uniques so they'll usually be one of a kind.

If you ask me, the only truly badly costed models in the game are chainrifle myrms, tiger soldiers, haramakis, magister knights, aquila guard, chasseurs, lasiq and naffatun, Some by just a bit, others by a fair amount, to the point that they can easily become a crutch and pretty much force your hand in maxing out their AVA.

That on the 'too cheap' side, at least, on the 'overcosted' scale, I see:

-Crane Rank Imperial Agents
-Invincibles
-Marut (in SWC, not points)
-Securitate
-Prowlers
-The old Joan of Arc and Sun Tze
-Almost anyone with a Sniper or Multi Sniper rifle.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Also:
Agent Pheasant Rank
Seed-Soldier
Morat Vanguard
multi rifles

And as much as it hurts to say it, Pretas are undercosted. Give the mines to Gakis and we'll have something resembling balance. (and bring back the loving biomines :argh:)

VVV: OTOH, you get awesome spec-ops. Why a Muyib? I'd love a Caliban one instead of the lovely seed version :rant:

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Sep 23, 2013

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Ghulams. :emo:

I see the cheap Naffatun being the apology that vanilla Haqq gets for both sectorials being limited by 13 point cheerleaders. :p

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Pierzak posted:

Also:
multi rifles

Nnnnnnnnngh. No. If used correctly, multi rifles are really good. It's what marks the difference between good and great players in my meta, the ability to use multis correctly.

Basically: :frogout:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Then explain how to use them correctly so they're that good or :fuckoff:

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

The farmer's mistake was believing he had any control over his life.
Picked up Haqqislam and Aleph Steel phalanx sets. I was initially concerned about the playerbase, but the low model count and free ruleset won me over. I got them mostly because the themes appealed to me, is there a horrible disconnect between the faction starter sets?

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

MoreLikeTen posted:

Picked up Haqqislam and Aleph Steel phalanx sets. I was initially concerned about the playerbase, but the low model count and free ruleset won me over. I got them mostly because the themes appealed to me, is there a horrible disconnect between the faction starter sets?

Most definitely, especially between those two. Haqq's box is ~120 points and .5 SWC (special weapons) whereas the Steel Phalanx box is ~170 points, and something like 3.5 SWC. Coupled with the special rules that are on all the Aleph units, whoever is playing Haqq will have a very rough time.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Two great games yesterday with Genghis Cohen, on my newly developed table of Underground Lasers MDF terrain. I played Qapu Khalqi both games.

My first list was:
5 Djanbazan: LT, Doc, HMG, Sniper, Rifle + 2 Nasmat remotes
3 Sekban: Haris, Rifle, HRL
1 Yuan Yuan, chain rifles
1 Bashi Bazouk with shotgun
And Group 2 consisting of 2 more Chain Rifle YY

Against:
5 Wildcats
HMG and Sniper Intruders
Another camo marker that never revealed (?)
A couple of AD troops, not sure which.

I fluffed my first turn hugely, advancing the Sekban team up the centre and walking straight into ARO from ~33 inches from an HMG intruder. I'd assumed that nothing could see me from so far out on this table. At that range I was hitting on 3s or something and my HRL guy went down fast.

My Djanbazan team then advanced to a wall line about 1/4 up the table and didn't really move from there again although achieved a fair bit later.

Genghis then brought his HMG Intruder up onto a low building and took some more potshots at my Sekbans, again with his range advantage managing to down another.

Additionally he brought a camo marker up past the HMG guy and onto a walkway that was pretty much on the centreline. My Djanbazan Sniper and HMG both had line of sight when the marker revealed itself as an Intruder Sniper and made its attack. We had a pretty intense exchange of fire resulting in my HMG Djanbazan and last Sekban going down before my Sniper dropped him. The Wildcats and other camo stuff didn't move due to the order spend on the two Intruders.

Turn 2 it's looking grim for me. I avoid being in retreat by about 6 points, and bring my AD troops on, behind some shipping containers within a few inches of the Wildcats. My YY booty rolls are pretty good, with a +4 and +2 ARM result and the last getting a monofilament CCW.

Knowing I only have the impetuous orders on two of the YY (and very few orders in my pool anyway) I don't have many options, but get pretty lucky. I get a Chain Rifle shot off from each from the top and sides of one of the containers, downing 3 of the wildcats and one YY still standing, threatening the main way out from the area the Wildcats were in.

Continuing my good luck, my Djanbazan Doc and her Nasmats manage to heal all four downed models in my main combat group with my remaining orders.

At this point Genghis is in retreat (by 1 point!) His AD troops are lost, and most of his surviving models are very near the edge of the table. With not much chance of achieving any objectives he concedes after killing my last YY and Bashi, as well as one of the Nasmats (for closure I guess!)

This didn't at all go how I planned. I'd intended for my YY to move up with Djanbazan team, popping smoke all over, and with my Haris team covering their rear against any AD troops. I still like that plan but knowing I can pull off a brutal backfield strike is a good plan B.

Second game writeup to follow (I'm not just gloating on my victory Genghis, I promise!)

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Welp, got my head handed to me twice. Mostly. I lost one game resoundingly and we drew the rematch. My problem was that he got a super dominant TO sniper position in the first game that I had no answer for due to my lack of MSV and lack of smoke. In both games I was able to deal with his total reaction bot by dropping my Ragik hacker out of LoS and immobilizing it (order-expensive since he had a defensive hacker for opposed rolls, but it eventually worked), yet had no good answer for his sniper. I only drew the second game because my FO Hunzakut was an absolute freaking boss regarding objectives, thanks to midgame combat camo and then scoring a crit success on his dodge ARO on my opponent's last order (a success that allowed the Hunzakut to bumrush the objective with his WIP 14). I was in enormous trouble without any source of smoke though. I've never regretted bringing it and now I've greatly regretted leaving it at home. Not again. Since I dislike Djans, I'm going to have to bring a LGL Smoke Muyib to just avoid the fire lanes altogether.

Taken halfway through game 2 from the right corner of my board edge:

Overall Lesson:

I need to get better at prioritizing my orders. I actually used to be better at it, but now I'm doing wacky stuff to see what works - and it often doesn't. Infinity does not forgive misapplication of resources. Between the two games I must have lost at least 200 points of models simply because I ran out of orders in a turn without reaching superior positions for my pieces.

Individual Performances:

- My Asawira accomplished nothing, in large part because the table was too open and because I did not deploy in any way that gave me attack corridors. As a result, his Spitfire got fatally outranged by sniping and HMGs. This is the biggest reason why I need smoke. In every other game I've gotten close enough that I can drown the controlling enemy unit(s) with the Asawira's combined burst and ballistic skill. This time the distances were simply too far. It's instructive to push a tactic or model until it breaks, but this time I asked too much; the Asawira engine definitely broke this time.

- The Ragik hacker was a great tactical tool. He actually failed resoundingly at killing anything directly thanks to a horrible run of shooting dice, but in both games he was my only way to deal with a TR HMG in a commanding elevated position over an open board. Part of why he stands out is because of how poorly my other options fared without supporting smoke, but the Ragik was nonetheless immensely and consistently useful.

- Using my Barid hacker as Lt. was fantastic. I consistently used the extra order for either trajectory assistance or support hacking, and even for taking an objective in the second game, while remaining safe. Some of that was certainly my opponent's army composition: he was focused on board control rather than head-hunting. As it worked out, I basically got an extra order for free compared to running a Ghulam shell game.

- The Husam was entirely disappointing, but that's not entirely surprising since I brought him to deal with an armored threat in urban combat and we wound up playing on a relatively open board with no TAG in sight. I dearly wish that I'd brought a regular Muyib with smoke instead.

- Having an Oda SMG was potentially fantastic given the number of NWI models that my opponent was fielding (4, IIRC), but I mostly spent orders elsewhere and had great trouble reaching good SMG or rifle ranges. Unimpressive.

- As mentioned before, the Hunzakut single-handedly salvaged a draw from the second game's wreckage. His toolkit is so enormous that there's always something applicable. Unfortunately I forgot about his flash pulse. He might have gotten even more work done.

- Bringing an Kameel EVO repeater was nice, but hardly essential. I'd probably rather have the flexibility that it provides my hacking game than to have an extra Ghulam or Naffatun, but it's still not amazing.

- For probably the first time, Naffatun sucked. They're my usual answer to camo, but I could not get close enough to use template weapons. The board was just too open and - again - I didn't bring smoke to compensate.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Do you guys usually play objective missions, or just try to kill the other guys until they run away?

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Objective missions are key to my enjoyment of this game. Aside from anything else, a slugfest just doesn't fit with the fluff of Black Ops teams performing precise and secretive missions.

In terms of gameplay, it gives you focus and purpose to the game. You can entrench into a very defended position in Infinity, and objectives are important to discourage that.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

ineptmule posted:

5 Djanbazan: LT, Doc, HMG, Sniper, Rifle + 2 Nasmat remotes
You do remember that that if that doctor activates a Nasmat, he's out of the link?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Signal posted:

Ghulams. :emo:

I see the cheap Naffatun being the apology that vanilla Haqq gets for both sectorials being limited by 13 point cheerleaders. :p
Ghulams were considered slightly pricey before the Torakitai(?) came out, then they just shat on Ghulams' point cost. It's pretty bad.

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Do you guys usually play objective missions, or just try to kill the other guys until they run away?
You have to play scenarios in this game, team deathmatch is a boring slugfest. Check out the YAMS pack or play Paradiso missions as stand alone. I write my own scenarios for our group and I might publish them online when we get them near-well balanced.

ineptmule posted:

This didn't at all go how I planned.
Potential future threat title spotted. It's practically the games motto at this point. :v:

What do you guys think of me publishing some scenarios designed for varying point scales? One thing we've used a bit in our area are neutral NPC types of models for narrative and they're a lot of fun to play with too.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Flipswitch posted:

Ghulams were considered slightly pricey before the Torakitai(?) came out, then they just shat on Ghulams' point cost. It's pretty bad.

Agreed. Can't believe I let the thorakitai out of my little list. Other than being slow for a line troop, they are pretty much all gravy.

Also, the multi rifle has indeed shown its value in several games here as of late as we learned to pick the right model for the right firefight. It won't drop TAGs like flies, but it will rid you of tricked-out medium infantry, skirmishes and whatnot like a charm. I still with the AP rounds also worked against cover, though.

My beef with the multi (and non-multi) sniper riples is that the SWC and point cost doesn't really gel with the superior burst and range from heavy MGs (and that often cheaper to boot!), when they only have a bit of extra ARO punch going for them.

You don't usually want to let skirmishers and other sniper-toting troops visible during your reactive turn, lest they get smoked by linked HMGs and missile launchers, TAGs and Aquilas, so the ARO advantage is usually moot compared to better range bands and burst in your active turn, as well as link ability.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Multi Rifles do feel overcosted at times, but they're a lot better than people give them credit for. DA is a very powerful ammunition type. AP is a bit more situational, but is great when combined with another ammo type.

MoreLikeTen posted:

For very first games, there will definately feel like a skew to the ALEPH player, it isn't huge at that learning point of the system, but it's noticable later on especially. I'd consider both of you looking at the minis you like from the box and building 150pt lists and going from there. You'll end up having to proxy, but after the initial games it'll be a lot smoother.

E: Played against some Calibans earlier today with my Bakunin, I have to say they impressed me for a Shasvastii link option, they felt a bit ghetto but the Sphinx he was using ate up a lot of points. What a pain in the butt.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Sep 23, 2013

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Sephyr posted:

My beef with the multi (and non-multi) sniper riples is that the SWC and point cost doesn't really gel with the superior burst and range from heavy MGs (and that often cheaper to boot!), when they only have a bit of extra ARO punch going for them.

You don't usually want to let skirmishers and other sniper-toting troops visible during your reactive turn, lest they get smoked by linked HMGs and missile launchers, TAGs and Aquilas, so the ARO advantage is usually moot compared to better range bands and burst in your active turn, as well as link ability.

I think I'm missing something - why are Sniper Rifles better than HMGs in ARO?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
DA ammo.

ed: Oh, you were talking about non-multi snipers. Lower cost I guess? :shrug:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I'm not sure I've ever seen a regular sniper rifle in the game. They're pretty dull.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

Flipswitch posted:

I'm not sure I've ever seen a regular sniper rifle in the game. They're pretty dull.

Tohaa might field them for the combo of visor and range.

Edit: Tohaa can put a MI with MSV2 and 2 effective wounds into a 3 man link team. This effectively makes him a burst 2 sniper on ARO. When you add in the second wound, you can really see why it is so good.

dexefiend fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Sep 23, 2013

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah, I'm hoping someone actually starts to play Tohaa in my area, we had like five people buy into them, then four sold them off and the other guy likes the models but doesn't want to play with them. :(

I tell a lie too, I've seen an Aridanan player use a sniper rifle with a Line Kazak and it promptly did nothing and stayed at the back of the table being an order monkey. This was back when I was playing MO heavily and would just HI-shock him off the table with Magister spam.

God I had a lot of fun with that sectorial. Same with NCA, you can really abuse people with NCA if they're not sure what they're dealing with. :v:

Has anyone here played many of the Paradiso scenarios? our group is steadily reworking some of them to punish players if the scenarios aren't taken, and some of the scenarios are now getting time windows to complete objectives or they move onto the next part so you don't get up with an awkward stalemate. Not to mention no scoring until turn two so it doesn't get rushed at the start of the game.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

ineptmule posted:

I think I'm missing something - why are Sniper Rifles better than HMGs in ARO?

Better? Debatable, given that the biggest difference between the two in ARO is their range bands. It breaks down like this:

code:
Range: Advantage (modifiers)

0-8": Even (+0)
8-12": HMG (+3 vs. +0)
12-32": Even (+3)
32-36": Sniper (+3 vs. -3)
36-48": Even (-3)
48-52": Sniper (-3 vs. -6)
52-96": Even (-6)
96-104": Sniper (-6 vs. N/A)
So there's a band where the HMG has an advantage over the sniper (8-12"), and a range band where the sniper dominates the HMG (32-36"). The actual impact of the larger range bands on the sniper is heavily dependent on table layout and positioning, obviously.

I think a better way to describe the sniper/HMG comparison in ARO is to say that the sniper is more efficient in terms of points. Ignoring non-standard snipers/HMGs along with total reaction/neurocinetics, the sniper is cheaper for the Dam15/B1 shot it gives you. Some Haqq comparisions to illustrate:
code:
Model Weapon: Points/SWC

Ghulam HMG: 21/1
Ghulam Sniper: 18/.5

Djanbazan HMG: 36/1.5
Djanbazan Sniper: 33/1

Ragik HMG: 38/1.5
Ragik Sniper: 35/1
A sniper rifle is worth three points and half a SWC less than a HMG. That said, the HMG is a far scarier offensive tool with its B4, and the two weapons occupy different roles.

edit:
Quick ARO question: let's say a guy walks around the corner and shoots a HMG at a sniper. Would the sniper winning the F2F for the first shot "negate" the rest of the burst?

Wales Grey fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Sep 23, 2013

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Wales Grey posted:

Quick ARO question: let's say a guy walks around the corner and shoots a HMG at a sniper. Would the sniper winning the F2F for the first shot "negate" the rest of the burst?
What do you mean first shot? Everything happens at the same time.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

All shots/effects are resolved simultaniously. So you'd be rolling B4 (Active/HMG) vs the B1 (ARO/Sniper). If the Sniper was to roll a 5 and the HMG a 1, 2, 3 & 4 on the other hand. Sure.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Flipswitch posted:

All shots/effects are resolved simultaniously. So you'd be rolling B4 (Active/HMG) vs the B1 (ARO/Sniper). If the Sniper was to roll a 5 and the HMG a 1, 2, 3 & 4 on the other hand. Sure.

So a success cancels out all successes that are lower than it? Or does it "win" the F2F, and thus its order takes precedence?

edit: This seems to explain everything well enough.

Wales Grey fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Sep 23, 2013

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yes to first part, Basically this is the entire ARO shooting sequence resolved:

A Fusilier declares first part of his Order to Move (MOV).
An Alguacil declares ARO, Shoot (BS), as Angus moves into LOS during his movement.
The Fusilier declares the second part of his Order (Shoot).

It's the Fusiliers active turn so he get's full burst of his weapon (Combi Rifle, B(urst)3, so 3 D20s). The Alguacil only gets a single B/Shot, so a single D20 as it's the ARO and you're limited to a single shot/burst unless a skill declares otherwise (Neurocinotics and Total Reaction being two examples).

Once modifiers are figured out (range/cover/camouflage/etc), you roll.

So the Fusilier rolls a 1, 8 and a 19, requiring 12s to hit. The Alguacil rolls a 7, requiring 11s.

The 1 is a successful hit (as it is lower than the target BS of 12). But because the 7 is higher than the 1, it cancels out the 1. The 8 of the Fusilier beats the 7, cancelling out the Alguacils shot but the 19 is considered a miss because it's higher than the Fusiliers target number.

As a result, the Alguacil takes a single ARM roll, as only one successful shot has landed.

E:Basically:

1 (Fusilier) < 7 (Alguacil) < 8 (Fusilier, only successful shot) < 12 (Target number of Fusilier) > 19 (Fusilier, missed)

E2: Had the Fusilier rolled a direct 12 instead of the 19. It would have been considered a Critical, causing the Alguacil to take an immediate Wound. In addition, the Alguacil would still have to have taken an ARM roll for the roll of an 8, as that is still successful over the Alguacils roll of a 7.

--

Hoping I don't sound like a tit there, but that's the basic explanation of how the system works.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Sep 23, 2013

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Flipswitch posted:

E2: Had the Fusilier rolled a direct 12 instead of the 19. It would have been considered a Critical, causing the Alguacil to take an immediate Wound. In addition, the Alguacil would still have to have taken an ARM roll for the roll of an 8, as that is still successful over the Alguacils roll of a 7.

What about the 1? It's still a success, does the Alguacil's roll of 7 negate that even though it lost the F2F?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Saw a bunch of posts and thought new models had been released. Was pleasantly surprised to find some awesome discussions instead. :shobon:

Due to school I haven't painted anything in over a month, even with the HMG Vet. Kazak staring at me from my desk. Soon, buddy.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I'm hoping to post up some Bakunin stuff I'm working on at the moment, it's just tricky to find the time to do so. :(

Wales Grey posted:

What about the 1? It's still a success, does the Alguacil's roll of 7 negate that even though it lost the F2F?
No, the 1 is considered a miss/failed shot because the 7 beat it, even though that shot was also cancelled out by the 8. :)

But, had the Fusilier rolled an 8 and a 9, that would be two successful hits, as they both beat the opposing models roll.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Sep 23, 2013

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Finally got round to painting some more Infinity stuff tonight. Got about 60% done with a Ghulam, Fiday, Murabid Tuareg and Lasiq.* I put it off for ages because of how nice the minis are and how small and detailed, but for some reason wasn't so precious about it today!

* Genghis Cohen, it is entirely up to you whether or not you take this as a hint about what I shall be fielding next time... ...

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

The farmer's mistake was believing he had any control over his life.

Flipswitch posted:

For very first games, there will definately feel like a skew to the ALEPH player, it isn't huge at that learning point of the system, but it's noticable later on especially. I'd consider both of you looking at the minis you like from the box and building 150pt lists and going from there. You'll end up having to proxy, but after the initial games it'll be a lot smoother.

Thanks! Is there some vanilla Haqq must-have that I should get to even the odds a bit?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

There are very few must haves, but I seriously would consider from the Haqq Starterbox would be a Lasiq (either verison). Rough example:

HAQQISLAM
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1 6 1 0

NAFFATÛN Rifle + Heavy Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (12)
GHULAM Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (13)
LASIQ Viral Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 29)
JANISSARY Lieutenant AP Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, CCW. (1 | 45)
HUNZAKUT (Deployable Repeater) Sniper Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)

3 SWC | 150 Points

v

ASSAULT SUBSECTION

GROUP 1 6 0 1

THORAKITES Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Flash Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (16)
THORAKITES Submachine gun, Chain Rifle, Flash Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (13)
MYRMIDON Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0.5 | 37)
AGÊMA Marksman (X Visor) Mk12 / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 28)
EUDOROS Lieutenant Mk12, Nanopulser, Zero-V Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0.5 | 40)

1.5 SWC | 150 Points

OR

ASSAULT SUBSECTION

GROUP 1 6 0 1

THORAKITES Submachine gun, Light Rocket Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 25)
THORAKITES Submachine gun, Chain Rifle, Flash Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (13)
MYRMIDON Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, EXP CCW. (27)
AGÊMA Marksman (X Visor) Mk12 / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 28)
EUDOROS Lieutenant Mk12, Nanopulser, Zero-V Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0.5 | 40)

2 SWC | 149 Points

-

Ghulams are freely swappable with Janissary Lt which also leaves you with 1 SWC to spend later on. The Lasiq is straight up one of the most terrifying units in HaqqIslam and needs some serious respect, because they can do some real damage. Viral weapons are utterly evil.

You have to proxy the Phalanx box a bit with different options, changing the hacker into a regular Myrm is a good example and you can fiddle about with load outs, but drat that box as packaged is ridiculous.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Sep 24, 2013

Tardscream
Nov 3, 2007

Funny as hell, it was the most horrible thing I could think of.

Flipswitch posted:

What do you guys think of me publishing some scenarios designed for varying point scales? One thing we've used a bit in our area are neutral NPC types of models for narrative and they're a lot of fun to play with too.

Please do, I have a bunch of npc type minis and bootleg scenarios are part of the fun of this game.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
Link teams of Lasiqs are baller as gently caress, but are a terrifying prospect to face on their own as well. I prefer rifles over the sniper version, but for a "gently caress you PanO/Aleph"-type list of Vanilla Haqq, I'd go with two rifles and a sniper, for a total of three Lasiqs. Seasoned with a naffatun or two and some ghulams, add Djanbazan to taste.

I'll see if I can whip up some lists in a little bit.

Multi rifles are useful when you know you're in a position to take advantage of the different ammo types. It takes a certain "fingerspitzgefühl" that I personally lack. So my argument remains:
:frogout: Pz. :colbert:

Condoleezza Nice! fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Sep 24, 2013

Tardscream
Nov 3, 2007

Fanzay posted:

Link teams of Lasiqs are baller as gently caress, but are a terrifying prospect to face on their own as well. I prefer rifles over the sniper version, but for a "gently caress you PanO/Aleph"-type list of Vanilla Haqq, I'd go with two rifles and a sniper, for a total of three Lasiqs. Seasoned with a naffatun or two and some ghulams, add Djanbazan to taste.

You can only take two lasiqs in vanilla Haqq thank christ.

Multi-rifles are cool while ordinary sniper rifles are not so much. DA and AP ammo :coolfish:

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Tardscream posted:

You can only take two lasiqs in vanilla Haqq thank christ.

Multi-rifles are cool while ordinary sniper rifles are not so much. DA and AP ammo :coolfish:

Right. Sorry. Drinking and thinking up lists while unable to read up on rules is a bad idea. :downs:

Tardscream
Nov 3, 2007

S'cool mang, your point still stands. As a PanO player 2 lasiqs is still gonna give tremendous headaches in vanilla haqq as it doesn't have the typical hassassin sectorial dealing with camouflage vulnerabilities.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Played against a buddies Acontecimento this morning, the match up was:

JURISDICTIONAL COMMAND OF BAKUNIN

GROUP 1 9 1 1

REVEREND CUSTODIER Hacker (Hacking Device Plus) Lieutenant Combi Rifle + Marker / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 38)
REVEREND MOIRA MULTI Rifle + E/M Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Shock CCW. (1 | 45)
REVEREND MOIRA HMG / Pistol, Shock CCW. (1.5 | 39)
REVEREND MOIRA Combi Rifle + E/Mitter / Pistol, CCW. (30)
SIN-EATER Mk12 / Pistol, CCW. (29)
ZERO (Deployable Repeater) E/Mauler, Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 24)
ZERO Boarding Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (18)
PROWLER Spitfire, D-Charges / Pistol, CCW. (2 | 37)
CHIMERA Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Zero-V Smoke Grenades / Viral CCW. (24)
3x PUPNIK DA CCW.
SALYUT (EVO Repeater) Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 13)

6 SWC | 297 Points

Open with Army 4

Vs

SHOCK ARMY OF ACONTECIMENTO

GROUP 1 10 0 0

MACAYANA Lieutenant HMG, Heavy Flamethrower, Antipersonnel Mines / AP CCW. (2 | 89)
BAGH-MARI HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 27)
BAGH-MARI (Minelayer) MULTI Sniper Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 34)
BAGH-MARI Combi Rifle+ Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (22)
REGULAR Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (10)
REGULAR Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (10)
REGULAR (Minelayer, Sensor) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 14)
NAGA Combi Rifle, Monofilament Mines / Pistol, Knife. (32)
SINGH Combi Rifle / Assault Pistol, CCW. (37)
COMANDO AKAL Combi Rifle + E/Mitter / Pistol, CCW. (25)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open with Army 4

Highlights include:
1) A Zero catching the entire Bagh-Mari link team with an E/Mauler.
2) Toni Macayana toasting all three of my Moiras with her flamethrower after one of them critted his Naga across the table.
3) My Prowler camouflage attacking his back up link team of Regulars, missing all three shots on the Sensor one (the only one in LOF) and getting critted back as a compliment.
4) Me finally dropping Macayana and Singh dropping in like a hero with the other Akal, wasting my Custodier (I was dumb and left the flank open) putting me in Loss of Lieutenant.
5) My Chimera running back with the only objective (out of two) claimed, only to get shot in the back by an ASA Regular. Arsehole!

I really, really want to say "God drat PanO TAGs" but I introduced them to my meta with my PanO and I reap what I sow.

Toni is so good, cannot wait 'til she comes out, she will go in so many lists.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
The Devil Team builder is becoming decent again, they put someone to work and holy poo poo the world is ending 2 updates in 2 days :derp: so, the basic issues like profiles are fixed now and they're working on the actual bugs.

VVV: :what:

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Sep 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Pierzak posted:

The Devil Team builder is becoming decent again, they put someone to work and holy poo poo the world is ending 2 updates in 2 days :derp: so, the basic issues like profiles are fixed now and they're working on the actual bugs.
Hahaha, the most recent update undid some of the Spanish in the choices and added entirely new ones, so you can cut that first line out of that post my friend!

• Locked thread