Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brigdh
Nov 23, 2007

That's not an oil leak. That's the automatic oil change and chassis protection feature.

Chinatown posted:

An old coworker/desert racing bro posted this gem on FB last night regarding his lifted Toyota Tacoma.

:catstare:

Sounds like hes on borrowed time. Ask him if you can get in on his will

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

There isn't a :stare: big enough for that one...

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Geoj posted:

There isn't a :stare: big enough for that one...

I was on Skype when I saw it and my gf asked me with genuine concern what was wrong.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
It actually took me a second to realize those are American cheese slices...

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

What the gently caress, I thought they were post it notes :gonk:

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy
Cross posted in the Awful/Ugly thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3551012&perpage=40&pagenumber=250#post419724394

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!

SaNChEzZ posted:

What the gently caress, I thought they were post it notes :gonk:

Where do you live that post it notes look like that.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
Not sure what's going on here but it looks like something in the process of being ruined.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Das Volk posted:

Not sure what's going on here but it looks like something in the process of being ruined.

Its a widebodied soarer? Probably used for drifting so I guess in AI's eyes its terrible :shrug:

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

PopeOnARope posted:

Where do you live that post it notes look like that.

No glasses + awful betamax + yellow squares = post it notes

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

anime and cars posted:

Its a widebodied soarer? Probably used for drifting so I guess in AI's eyes its terrible :shrug:

In North America, it was sold as the Lexus SC. 1st generation was the 2JZ-GE or 1UZ-FE. They were only sold in automatic trim here available with a manual with the 1UZ, automatic only on the 2JZ. Supposedly there's an adapter kit to mate the 2JZ's manual to the 1UZ, or used to be.

Seeing as that's a Chevy towing it, with California plates (so definitely a Lexus SC, probably the SC400), I'm going to guess it's either "ruined" or one hell of a monster.

Here, they're on the expensive side for drifting, and the earliest are prone to capacitor issues in the electronics (especially the ECU and BCM).

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Sep 22, 2013

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8GOBFG2dkY

Yeah it's farm equipment, but hustling along a highway in the rain....

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

It's like something out of Wacky Races. Someone should have tried to drive under it.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

This happens all across America from farms in Georgia to California. I've seen an extremely similar piece of equipment on a freeway in Kentucky when on business for example. They have to move them from farm to farm somehow.

Nyyen
Jun 26, 2005

MACHINE MEN
with MACHINE MINDS
and MACHINE HEARTS

Cernunnos posted:

It's like something out of Wacky Races. Someone should have tried to drive under it.

We have them where I live. They are used to spray herbicide or something similar, and they are set up so high so that they clear the corn or whatever.

I've ridden under one once on a motorcycle, but I wouldn't recommend it. Lots of random hoses hanging down, and if you get bumped you'd end up under a wheel strait away. Anything bigger than a Fiat 500 would be too wide to fit.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Paul Boz_ posted:

This happens all across America from farms in Georgia to California. I've seen an extremely similar piece of equipment on a freeway in Kentucky when on business for example. They have to move them from farm to farm somehow.

Growing up in rural Wisconsin I saw things like this all the time, but doing this on a Russian road, in the rain, at 60mph or so is just asking for catastrophe. (Did I mention RUSSIAN road?)

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Growing up in rural Wisconsin I saw things like this all the time, but doing this on a Russian road, in the rain, at 60mph or so is just asking for catastrophe. (Did I mention RUSSIAN road?)

Sorry man but I'm from Louisiana where people have gotten DUI's on tractors and where I've seen sugar cane tractors rolling at 40+ on tight backroads(look at the teeth on this fucker).

This with tires and marginally more ground clearance:

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC

some texas redneck posted:

In North America, it was sold as the Lexus SC. 1st generation was the 2JZ-GE or 1UZ-FE. They were only sold in automatic trim here available with a manual with the 1UZ, automatic only on the 2JZ. Supposedly there's an adapter kit to mate the 2JZ's manual to the 1UZ, or used to be.

Seeing as that's a Chevy towing it, with California plates (so definitely a Lexus SC, probably the SC400), I'm going to guess it's either "ruined" or one hell of a monster.

Here, they're on the expensive side for drifting, and the earliest are prone to capacitor issues in the electronics (especially the ECU and BCM).

You could only get manuals on 2JZ, it was the 1UZ that only came in automatics. There's quite a few manual transmissions you can stick behind the 1UZ. Some people like them, I could go either way. They aren't very big displacement and were tuned from the factory to be quiet and smooth, not make a lot of power. The USDM N/A 2JZ in the SC300 is also trash but a hell of a lot easier to put a manual transmission behind. They are ALRIGHT to drift if you trans swap them only because you can get a ratty one for cheap. You can get a ratty SC300 for $1500 or even less if you keep looking long enough. For a while Rich had a Megasquirted "1.5" JZ making around 700hp and it was a straight piece of junk. He sold it pretty quick after losing all interest in it.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Its me, I'm the guy on the tractor. This was from Friday.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

I'm the guy carrying the purse on the sign.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Paul Boz_ posted:

Sorry man but I'm from Louisiana where people have gotten DUI's on tractors and where I've seen sugar cane tractors rolling at 40+ on tight backroads(look at the teeth on this fucker).

This with tires and marginally more ground clearance:

Louisiana, Russia, about the same when it comes to driving quality.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

ultimateforce posted:

You could only get manuals on 2JZ, it was the 1UZ that only came in automatics. There's quite a few manual transmissions you can stick behind the 1UZ. Some people like them, I could go either way. They aren't very big displacement and were tuned from the factory to be quiet and smooth, not make a lot of power. The USDM N/A 2JZ in the SC300 is also trash but a hell of a lot easier to put a manual transmission behind. They are ALRIGHT to drift if you trans swap them only because you can get a ratty one for cheap. You can get a ratty SC300 for $1500 or even less if you keep looking long enough. For a while Rich had a Megasquirted "1.5" JZ making around 700hp and it was a straight piece of junk. He sold it pretty quick after losing all interest in it.

The UZ sounds really cool with ITBs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba8sT2BQ4uc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fm5k1ntJNBU

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

It's only going 31mph :ssh:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Carteret posted:

It's only going 31mph :ssh:

I refuse to believe that someone would not use imperial units. The Tsar would not have stood for it! :colbert:

:cripes: I am dumb.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Fart Pipe posted:

Its me, I'm the guy on the tractor. This was from Friday.

I'm the TV Current Affairs person hiding in the bushes waiting for the pedophile to go across the road

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

BlackMK4 posted:

The UZ sounds really cool with ITBs.

Dude, everything sounds good with ITBs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc0YV7m8SVk

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh0KfQpwg5s

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Ok so I've learned ITBs are fantastic noisemakers. I'm not a techy car guy, I just like cars. What are the advantages and disadvantages of ITBs over a standard setup?

Thanks. :)

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

For those who are certain she's wearing post-it notes, she is in fact wearing a sliced american cheese...ummm...frock?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

88h88 posted:

Ok so I've learned ITBs are fantastic noisemakers. I'm not a techy car guy, I just like cars. What are the advantages and disadvantages of ITBs over a standard setup?

Thanks. :)

Better throttle response, mostly.

On most engines, you're feeding all cylinders through a single common throttle body, so you need relatively long intake runners and so on, and on a closed throttle you get a vacuum behind the throttle flap. With ITBs, you get a straight flow directly into each cylinder. The total volume of air in the intake system is much less, so the engine responds much faster to throttle changes.

The only real disadvantage is cost.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Sep 23, 2013

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

anonumos posted:

For those who are certain she's wearing post-it notes, she is in fact wearing a sliced american cheese...ummm...frock?

As one comment went, "All the singles lady"

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

KozmoNaut posted:

Better throttle response, mostly.

On most engines, you're feeding all cylinders through a single common throttle body, so you need relatively long intake runners and so on, and on a closed throttle you get a vacuum behind the throttle flap. With ITBs, you get a straight flow directly into each cylinder. The total volume of air in the intake system is much less, so the engine responds much faster to throttle changes.

The only real disadvantage is cost.

Problems I had with my ITB Miata:

Keeping the throttles synced is kinda lame.
Tuning was a pain. The fuel tip-in was never quite right.
Hard to get a below 1,000 idle on my setup.

Sounded cool though.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

ultimateforce posted:

Keeping the throttles synced is kinda lame.

Pretty easy with a vacuum sync gauge, though. No harder than syncing a motorcycle with 4 carbs.

E: Terrible car-related gif.

"Phew, close call... :catstare:"

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Sep 23, 2013

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Yes, that is more lame than not having to do it.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

ultimateforce posted:

Yes, that is more lame than not having to do it.

It's part of the reason I ride an EFI thumper now ;)

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Paul Boz_ posted:

Sorry man but I'm from Louisiana where people have gotten DUI's on tractors and where I've seen sugar cane tractors rolling at 40+ on tight backroads.
In the UK, there's actually a separate classification for "agricultural vehicles", where you're allowed to use them on-road, but only for getting from field to field in a small area. So you get off-road ATVs, "agricultural" ATVs, and on-road-legal ATVs, for example.

It's also, I believe, one of the situations where using agricultural (red) diesel on the road is legal.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
The worst agricultural vehicles to get stuck behind are the poop injection trucks. They bounce around on their cartoonish balloon tires just flinging liquidy poo poo everywhere.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

Snowdens Secret posted:

The worst agricultural vehicles to get stuck behind are the poop injection trucks. They bounce around on their cartoonish balloon tires just flinging liquidy poo poo everywhere.

So what you're saying is that you've never been stuck behind a chicken or pig truck huh?

:stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Berkeley California...

(Note the Punker/Metalhead jacket studs inlaid around the license plate frame :rock:...'Vote for Pedro' sticker for extra :ughh:)