Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Fly'n isn't mind blowing but it's a cute and fun platformer. Not world changing, but still good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.
FYI the Metro Franchise bundle is live:

Metro Franchise Bundle: $19.99 contains:

Metro 2033
Metro Last Light
Metro Last Light: Ranger Mode DLC
Metro Last Light: RPK Weapon DLC

Enjoy!

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

AmazonTony posted:

FYI the Metro Franchise bundle is live:

Metro Franchise Bundle: $19.99 contains:

Metro 2033
Metro Last Light
Metro Last Light: Ranger Mode DLC
Metro Last Light: RPK Weapon DLC

Enjoy!
You're the best Tony :getin:

e: region locked codes :smith:

Wiggly Wayne DDS fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Sep 20, 2013

Tecman
Sep 11, 2003

Loading the Universe...
Please Wait.

Pillbug
Anybody thinking of getting Metro Last Light off Amazon and lives in the US? I bought the Metro bundle and it looks like the codes are region-locked, thus I can't use mine.

edit: Thanks to Efexeye for helping a brother out. :shobon:

Tecman fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Sep 20, 2013

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Saints Row 4 was region-locked as well, so I guess this means all of Deep Silver's games will be unregisterable outside of the Americas. I feel like this should be a warning in the OP or something.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
I had the same problem with Dead Island, which is Deep Silver as well.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
Just turn on Spotflux and register the game on steam. You should be able to turn it back off again and not have to worry about it.

Laksa
Sep 25, 2012

AmazonTony posted:

Working on it! Should be up soon.

Thanks, cant seem to find it on amazon though.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.
Hey guys,

I don't do this a whole lot of this here but I'm really passionate about this one. My friend Megan Fox (game developer not actress) has an indie studio and is coming into the home stretch for her Kickstarter:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/meganfox/hot-tin-roof-the-cat-that-wore-a-fedora#!

If any of you participate in Kickstarters and find this interesting you should totally tell your friends. Megan is just a phenomenal human being, and has been making games FOREVER. She's also a Goon, which is how I met her.

Let me know what you guys think.

Cheers,

Tony

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Cats and Fedoras? Now your just pandering to goons. Neckbeards away!

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Thor-Stryker posted:

Cats and Fedoras? Now your just pandering to goons. Neckbeards away!

Haha! Like I said, Megan is a Goon, I think it's just what she loves :).

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Alright guys, health check.

What do you think about this bundle at $14.99? All are steam keys:

Bad Rats
Razor 2 Hidden Skies
9th company
Ironclads America Civil War
Ironclads Schleswig War
Ironclads High Seas
Ironclads Chincha Islands War
Ironclads Anglo Russia War 1866
BC Kings
Hazen
Dimensity
Perimeter 2
Puzzle Kingdoms
FlatOut
Vegas Make It Big
World Basketball Manager
Zombie Pirates
Fireburst
Exodus from the Earth
Disciples II Rise of the Elves

This isn't confirmed but I'm kicking it around with Strat First. Also, we have the opportunity to add non-steam Strat first titles we carry, I just know those aren't as compelling. Suggestions welcome!

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Those sure are a bunch of games worth less than a dollar each, but I don't know of anyone who would buy them collectively in one lump payment aside from just peacemeal.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Harlock posted:

Those sure are a bunch of games worth less than a dollar each, but I don't know of anyone who would buy them collectively in one lump payment aside from just peacemeal.

Yeah, that's my original thought as well lol. Does it change the level of attractiveness if we can get it to $9.99?

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
Though I've seen you in the Steam thread you are aware that Bad Rats is treated like an STD on this site? Any inclusion in a bundle would make it less attractive.

As for the rest it's sadly kinda weak. In a world where Humble Bundles pop up weekly a list of budget titles doesn't really have a draw unless it's got a must have or is a really insanely good price.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

AmazonTony posted:

Yeah, that's my original thought as well lol. Does it change the level of attractiveness if we can get it to $9.99?

I wouldn't pay more than $4.99 and even that's if I didn't have ANY of the titles already. Maybe to gift out I guess but it's not really tempting.

quote:

Any inclusion in a bundle would make it less attractive.
Wrong: it would be a "mystery key," and therefore the perfect gift.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Most of those aren't worth playing even for cheap/free. It might even help to trim some of them out(*coughbadratscough*), plus see if you can condense the Ironclads into a single key. It might make it a less impressive number, but you're gonna get less people who get halfway down the list and go "Meh" and walk away.

Not_Log
Mar 24, 2004

Dear Aunt, lets set so double the killer delete select all.

Stay tuned in next weeks for more information around "The Dark Whispers" and the news inside the world of Hazen. -- Apr 28, 2010

Yep, this bodes well.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

AmazonTony posted:

I don't think so, it's a lot of games but that's really all it is. If I wanted terrible games for cheap, there's a whole bunch of awful indie bundles for that already, that are also less than 10 usd.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Biggest human being Ever posted:

I don't think so, it's a lot of games but that's really all it is. If I wanted terrible games for cheap, there's a whole bunch of awful indie bundles for that already, that are also less than 10 usd.

Word, I've provided this feedback and suggested a much lower pricepoint for the bundle above, or alternatively, an entire catalog bundle at $9.99. I might get told to pound sand but I'll let you know if not.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
If you're going to make a BAD GAMES BUNDLE then you should probably put it at a pricepoint where people can buy it as a gag gift. Even 4.99 would be a bit on the costly side for that awful heap.

Also, semi-related question since someone mentioned SR4 keys being region-locked: Are there any OTHER sites that sell keys for acceptable, non-terrible prices that CAN be activated in Europe? Because i'm vaguely considering getting it, but not for 50 euro.

Obviously legit sites, not shady-rear end ones that people aren't allowed to talk about anyway.

Tokyo Incident
Nov 1, 2011

relax
Make the bundle twenty copies of Bad Rats instead, watch the money roll in from people who think gifting it is comedy gold.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Dorroile posted:

If you're going to make a BAD GAMES BUNDLE then you should probably put it at a pricepoint where people can buy it as a gag gift. Even 4.99 would be a bit on the costly side for that awful heap.

Also, semi-related question since someone mentioned SR4 keys being region-locked: Are there any OTHER sites that sell keys for acceptable, non-terrible prices that CAN be activated in Europe? Because i'm vaguely considering getting it, but not for 50 euro.

Obviously legit sites, not shady-rear end ones that people aren't allowed to talk about anyway.

Check this offer: http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/1284-saints-row-iv-brasil

It's around 30 euros, check their forums about whats what with the key first tho.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

If all those games somehow had Steam cards it would be appealing. Otherwise I have enough bundle filler bad games on Steam already.

Not_Log
Mar 24, 2004

Dear Aunt, lets set so double the killer delete select all.

Biggest human being Ever posted:

Check this offer: http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/1284-saints-row-iv-brasil

It's around 30 euros, check their forums about whats what with the key first tho.

Pretty sure Brazil isn't in Europe.

Dorroile posted:

I would have said either GMG or GetGamesGo but the latter doesn't carry it and it's full price on GMG, sorry.

Not_Log fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Sep 23, 2013

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

$9.99 is a good price for like 200 copies of Bad Rats.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Oh well, i'll keep waiting for it to hit a bundle then.

Anyway, i have to agree with the idea of making a Multi Bad Rats bundle. Can you imagine how great it would be to have a lot of Bad Rats keys and then pretend to post spare Humble Bundle keys? :v:

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Speaking as someone who went through the arduous process of gifting 50 copies of Bad Rats to people in the holiday sales, a way to get lots of bad rats keys for cheap would be greatly appreciated Tony :v:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

zylche posted:

Speaking as someone who went through the arduous process of gifting 50 copies of Bad Rats to people in the holiday sales, a way to get lots of bad rats keys for cheap would be greatly appreciated Tony :v:

What happens when everyone has Bad Rats?

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

elf help book posted:

What happens when everyone has Bad Rats?
Skynet becomes self aware

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Seriously, as one of the earliest Bad Rats Kings, believe me when I say you shouldn't even play it for laughs. It's just not fun, or even funny in how bad it is. It's just a terrible game that's kinda funny to watch other people react to for about 30 seconds.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Seriously, as one of the earliest Bad Rats Kings, believe me when I say you shouldn't even play it for laughs. It's just not fun, or even funny in how bad it is. It's just a terrible game that's kinda funny to watch other people react to for about 30 seconds.

I played it for a solid hour to make the guy who gave it to me feel awkward about the gift of good will.

I don't think it worked and I regretted every second of it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm wondering if its too much to hope for a 25% off for BF4 on Amazon. Currently GMG has a 25% off coupon, but Bank of America freezes my credit card for suspicious activity every time I buy from them, so I don't really feel like bothering with that.

WARnold
Oct 30, 2004

You Lack Discipline!

Not_Log posted:

Pretty sure Brazil isn't in Europe.

Then again, the question WAS about activating keys in Europe. Nuuvem sells region-free keys.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Eonwe posted:

I'm wondering if its too much to hope for a 25% off for BF4 on Amazon. Currently GMG has a 25% off coupon, but Bank of America freezes my credit card for suspicious activity every time I buy from them, so I don't really feel like bothering with that.

Use paypal as an intermediary on GMG? Can you do that? Worked for me.

but 25% off on Amazon would be cool too! :cool:

hambeet fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Sep 24, 2013

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.
The trick is to put Bad Rats in a bundle with cheap, amazing games so its purchases is unavoidable. Work some sort of bundle magic with Steam to make all the games for said bundle activate with one code. Or, as someone said above, make it a mystery code.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

WARnold posted:

Then again, the question WAS about activating keys in Europe. Nuuvem sells region-free keys.

I glanced at the forum and it said that they would get international keys for people who pre-ordered, but that any keys after that would be region-locked, which they apparently still are.

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!
I saw Saints Row IV is the Deal of the Day for games but the digital copy is 27% off while the physical PC copy is 40% off. Would it be possible to get the digital copy for the same price?

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Eonwe posted:

Hey there,

We don't match GMG, and I don't believe that coupon works on BF4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Cerevisiae posted:

I saw Saints Row IV is the Deal of the Day for games but the digital copy is 27% off while the physical PC copy is 40% off. Would it be possible to get the digital copy for the same price?

Thanks for calling this out, we're fixing now.

• Locked thread