Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Oh poo poo we have to complete our oath today??? I misread that. Scramble!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Well, I'm hosed. This is my first month and I must have misread the OP, because I didn't realize end of month was the 23rd for this. :( 2 of my models are painted but not based and one is no where near done.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Krushgroove probably is mixing things up and he meant to say the deadline for new oaths is tonight.

Probably.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

krushgroove posted:

I'm guessing that...word...means 'September'?

It does. World time server gives the local time in local language, so Finnish stands out since our months are not derived from Latin. But there's a couple of us oathing here, so if you get suspicious you can always check that every Finn has the same moonspeak.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Must be all that vodka I'm drinking! Nah you're OK.

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Oh poo poo we have to complete our oath today??? I misread that. Scramble!

Karnegal posted:

Well, I'm hosed. This is my first month and I must have misread the OP, because I didn't realize end of month was the 23rd for this. :( 2 of my models are painted but not based and one is no where near done.

Dagon posted:

Krushgroove probably is mixing things up and he meant to say the deadline for new oaths is tonight.

Probably.

Yes - sorry, I've corrected my earlier post. Sorry for the goof. Must be all that vodka I'm drinking!

Avenger_Mullah
Dec 28, 2008
I, Avenger_Mullah, hereby oath 1 stone troll from GW (28mm)

Oxford Comma
Jun 26, 2011
Oxford Comma: Hey guys I want a cool big dog to show off! I want it to be ~special~ like Thor but more couch potato-like because I got babbies in the house!
Everybody: GET A LAB.
Oxford Comma: OK! (gets a a pit/catahoula mix)
When do our completed oaths need to be in?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Oxford Comma posted:

When do our completed oaths need to be in?
Before Oct 1, GMT.

Arlaharen
Aug 2, 2003

KISSIGA TESTIKLAR

Arlaharen posted:

I, Arlaharen, oath one Hierophant from Privateer Press for September!

I'll probably add some more stuff later but need to do a little stripping and conversion work and I wanted to get started on this guy.

Oath addition! Oathing one Choir of Menoth grunt and a Temple Flameguard grunt. Both from Privateer Press.

Derlix
Dec 9, 2005
Smug, Pantsless Bastard
Let's try this again -

I, Derlix, Oath this model for September:
Oniwaban Shinobu Kitsune, from Corvus Belli

That'll teach me to post in a rush while I'm getting ready for work. Sorry about that!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Arlaharen posted:

Oath addition! Oathing one Choir of Menoth grunt and a Temple Flameguard grunt. Both from Privateer Press.

Accepted

Derlix posted:

Let's try this again -

I, Derlix, Oath this model for September:
Oniwaban Shinobu Kitsune, from Corvus Belli

Thanks - all good now! Accepted

Illudere
Jan 12, 2005
I, Illudere, oath one young fire dragon from Reaper's bones line in 25 mm.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
:siren:I, Black_Nexus am oathing one skink priest and one Forsaken(Both GW Figures):siren:

Going for the jurnal

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

:hist101:
:hist101: I, Tadhg, swear a fell Oath to paint two Wood Elf Wardancers (28mm) from Games Workshop. :hist101:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
You guys are determined to make this hard for me, posting from my phone, eh?

Illudere posted:

I, Illudere, oath one young fire dragon from Reaper's bones line in 25 mm.

Black_Nexus posted:

:siren:I, Black_Nexus am oathing one skink priest and one Forsaken(Both GW Figures):siren:

Tadhg posted:

:hist101: I, Tadhg, swear a fell Oath to paint two Wood Elf Wardancers (28mm) from Games Workshop. :hist101:

Accepted!

:siren: When this post is 30 minutes old, no more new Oaths will be accepted! :siren:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

krushgroove posted:

You guys are determined to make this hard for me, posting from my phone, eh?
Accepted!

:siren: When this post is 30 minutes old, no more new Oaths will be accepted! :siren:

Avenger_Mullah, on this page.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Dr. Clockwork posted:

I'm a little late to the party, but I figure better late than never!

I, Dr. Clockwork, oath to paint this Skorne Tyrant Commander and Standard Bearer (Privateer Press)!

Aww, it's a baby!

Dr. Clockwork posted:

I would like to add to my original oath the following: Combined Army 3 Morat Vanguard and 1 Daturazi Witch Soldier for the 28mm Infinity game.

Oath Complete!

Aww, it's a baby!
Fly your Flag (The Standard Bearer)
Parts list

quote:

Morats:
Princeton Art & Brush Co Round 1
Princeton Art & Brush Co Round 3/0
Citadel Medium Drybrush
Citadel Chaos Black primer
Catachan Green
Caradon Granite
Khemri Brown
Thraka Green
Shadow Grey
Devlan Mud
Orkhide Shade
Gryphon Sepia
Ice Blue
Brass Scorpion
Iyanden Darksun
Mechrite Red
Bleached Bone
Nuln Oil
Skull White
Tuskgor Fur
Tausept Ochre
Camo Green
Carnal Pink
Blighted Gold
Rhinox Hide
Snakebite Leather
Testors Dullcote
basing: woodland scenics ballast, pva glue

Tyrant Commander & Standard Bearer:

Princeton Art & Brush Co Round 1
Princeton Art & Brush Co Round 3/0
Citadel Medium Drybrush
Citadel Chaos Black primer
Hormagaunt Purple
Druchii Violet
Reikland Flesh wash
Screaming Bell
Dwarf Bronze
Shining Gold
Burnished Gold
Brass Scorpion
Abaddon Black
Rhinox Hide
Snakebite Leather
Bleached Bone
Dheneb Stone
Mechrite Red
Squig Orange
Testors Dullcote
basing: woodland scenics ballast, pva glue

Some vanity shots of the various models

Infinity models

Dr. Clockwork fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Sep 30, 2013

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

Tadhg posted:

Tadhg, my nemesis, you giant nerd! I will defeat you this month, once and for all! (until next month)

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Avenger_Mullah posted:

I, Avenger_Mullah, hereby oath 1 stone troll from GW (28mm)

Accepted, you're OK to paint this guy up (and you're on the hook for it if you don't!), sorry I missed it last night.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
[siren]Oath Complete[/siren]

For my sins, I have created a thing.

This is how my Tyranid Hive Tyrant used to look.

Now, He looks like this.

The Amurican Hive Fleet is know for its gaudy colours, intense Patriotism and its love of absorbing worlds and consuming all of their resources.

Detecktiv's Challange - The terrible "star" like spots on the bone plate.

I blame you all for this, I did think about trying to get the Union flag on there, but something about him screamed the Stars and Stripes.

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

HAAH, HAHA. That is magical. I didn't start laughing out loud at my desk though until I hit the Amurican Hive Fleet part. Holy poo poo I didn't think you'd do that. Amazing.

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
September Oath Complete!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Oath Complete!

Aww, it's a baby!
Fly your Flag (The Standard Bearer)
Themed Group (The Morats)

Quick question. You seem to have identified four models as "Morats": the minimum number of models for Themed Group at 28mm scale is 5. I can credit you for Themed Group only if you are also including at least one of those other two dudes. It's OK for a group to not all look exactly alike, as long as they "belong together" in some way.

Also: did you do freehand for this month's Detektuv's Jurnal? If so, you'll have to call it out to me so I can tell what to look for.

KingMob posted:

September Oath Complete!

Also, did you do the Jurnal?

It's OK of course if you guys didn't, but I know sometimes people forget to point it out, so I ask.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Leperflesh posted:

Quick question. You seem to have identified four models as "Morats": the minimum number of models for Themed Group at 28mm scale is 5. I can credit you for Themed Group only if you are also including at least one of those other two dudes. It's OK for a group to not all look exactly alike, as long as they "belong together" in some way.

Also: did you do freehand for this month's Detektuv's Jurnal? If so, you'll have to call it out to me so I can tell what to look for.

It's OK of course if you guys didn't, but I know sometimes people forget to point it out, so I ask.

drat, I misread the Themed Group requirements. I don't have a fifth model, unfortunately. And no, I didn't freehand on any of these guys. I can just try the Themed Group next month I suppose!

Germ
May 7, 2013

Grey Hunter posted:

For my sins, I have created a thing.

gently caress yeah, you created a thing. One hell of a thing! Kinda brings a tear to my eye. Really, really awesome!

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego

Leperflesh posted:

No Jurnal for me.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

:frogsiren:Additional oath complete:frogsiren:
Claiming: detektiv's jurnal (freehand) for the scroll, front and back, and box art (c.f. reaper's version: http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/galladon/latest/77054#detail/77054_p_1_mj) - mine's not as good and a bit bluer, but I think it'll do the trick.

Do I need to quote my original completion pic or anything?

I'll have some less... dark... pics of both my minis for this month up once the battery's charged on the camera.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
:siren:Oath Complete!:siren:

Lord Exhumator Scaverous

Terminator Librarian

Terror Tots

Lilith

Brother-Chaplain "Come at me bro"

Brother-Chaplain "I got a fire stick"

So! This month I aimed for the Detektuv's Jurnal: Freehand and Double the Fun! bonuses; I went for last month's Jurnal (Weathering) for Double the Fun. Both are on Chaplain "come at me bro," though for fun I aimed for as much freehanding as I could on Lilith and the Librarian.

I'm getting more comfortable with doing freehand painting, even if it's taking me a little longer than my usual pace. Lighting is also coming a lot more naturally to me via an airbrush, and I think I'm going to include it in a lot more of my models. Really helps to make them 'pop' on the tabletop.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
:pcgaming:Oath complete!:pcgaming:
One Librarian and Jawa:

Three Ravenwing Black Knights:

Detektiv's Jurnal on their shoulder pads, showing the company number.

One Aegis Defense Line:

Detektiv's Jurnal again is the freehand graffiti on the walls.
I'd like to enter the Ravenwing, Librarian, and Jawa as a Themed Group as they all share the same basing and Dark Angels iconography, and the Aegis Defense Line Themed Group as well. Finally:

Strike a Pose! with the Aegis Defense Line!

"Man the line! When the man in front of you dies, take his place! If you fail to take your place on the line, I will kill you myself" Bellowed Commissar Ditriov, as he motioned forward with his axe. Not one to disappoint the Commissar or the Emperor, I rushed to the front, lasgun in hand.

Each step forward took me further from the thunder of the anti-aircraft gun that Captain Petrov had taken personal command over. He promised the lot of us that if we abandoned the line, he'd turn it on the lot of us. I don't know if it can turn down that low, but I'd rather not find out. Shapes started to manifest on the horizon, fast and low. I readied my lasgun, and waited for the order from the Commissar as I trained my sights on the approaching creatures.

Red Herring
Apr 3, 2010
:frogsiren:OAT COMPRETE:frogsiren:

Massive versions:
http://i.imgur.com/SJ3KW1t.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/65NgvGr.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/9M6lMRx.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/mZ7J0oc.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/7HLhYy2.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/APDXIOY.jpg

Detektuv's Jurnal: All the little freehand symbols on the jetpacks, the teardrop faceplate, breastplate craftworld symbol and the wraithguard rune on the forehead.

Red Herring fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Sep 28, 2013

Oxford Comma
Jun 26, 2011
Oxford Comma: Hey guys I want a cool big dog to show off! I want it to be ~special~ like Thor but more couch potato-like because I got babbies in the house!
Everybody: GET A LAB.
Oxford Comma: OK! (gets a a pit/catahoula mix)
Goddamn, Slimnoid!

Germ
May 7, 2013

Oath Complete! Seven Plague Marines and one Rhino by GW and Forgeworld (with bases by Worldsmith Industries (aka, me)). It's a Themed Group, with the Detektuv's Jurnal in the form of the Nurgle symbol on the back door of the Rhino.

The back of the Rhino showing my first atempt at freehand.

More shots of the Rhino

And the squad contained therein.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Germ, those Plague Marines are seriously baller. They look stylized and kind of cartoony and I absolutely love them! Great work.

Germ
May 7, 2013

SRM posted:

Germ, those Plague Marines are seriously baller. They look stylized and kind of cartoony and I absolutely love them! Great work.

Cheers, thanks! I'm a fan of extreme highlights, and most of my painting is typically pretty cartoony. Looking at the photos, I definitely need to add gloss to the wounds and maggots.

Zhent
Oct 18, 2011

The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time.
Zhent, Oath Complete

Just the single guy this month, but I put some more effort into him and he came out pretty well.

Freehand on the book above his head and the scroll behind the eagle on his back to claim the Detektuv's Jurnal

Zhent fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Sep 28, 2013

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
You really earned your forum name with those dudes, Germ :v:

I think you just need to tighten up the circles on the back of the rhino. For your first time free-handing it looks solid, but that one circle on the top is lop-sided. I'm sure you're aware of that! I'd suggest using some sort of stencil or something if you plan to do it again, doing circles is a pain in the rear end and you may as well just use whatever means necessary to get it right.

Germ
May 7, 2013

Slimnoid posted:

I think you just need to tighten up the circles on the back of the rhino. For your first time free-handing it looks solid, but that one circle on the top is lop-sided. I'm sure you're aware of that! I'd suggest using some sort of stencil or something if you plan to do it again, doing circles is a pain in the rear end and you may as well just use whatever means necessary to get it right.

Gotcha. I made the admittedly poor choice of ignoring any idea of symmetry and trying to make the symbol look like it was roughly painted on by my little dudes (as if my plague marines had nothing better to do than to graffiti up their ride). Unfortunately, it just turned out looking like crap. Lesson learned, though too late to do anything here.

The journals have been great to me so far - they've gotten me to try three things I haven't tried before: battle damage/paint chipping, rust, and freehand.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Wow, congrats to everyone on this page because the painting here is fantastic. Slimnoid, that OSL is inspiring.

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
I've had my oath complete since the beginning of the week but the water effects on the Galleon's base are taking their time drying. It has one and a half days to get its act together before I may be forced to do some creative water painting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

OATH COMPLETE !
Claiming Detectuv's Journal for the freehanded white fringe on Sylys' cape.
Also Themed Group.

Sylys Wyshnalyr
I tried to make it look like a circle of grass is growing beneath him, breaking through the harsh Khadoran winter. Also my first gems.

More kayazy. Some turned out great, some not so much. Individual outfits are hard.

• Locked thread