Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God
Agreed, having literally everyone run away is annoying. I'm not sure how the AI evaluates fight vs flight, but I think they should re-evaluate it at the high end.

Alternatively, I'd like a stealth plating hull mod or similar that causes that ship to be invisible on the strategic map and not factored in on decisions about whether to run or not. Even if it comes at a heavy cost in combat ability, that would at least let me put in some freighters without raising the threat rating of my fleet.

With notes on the mods combo pack: my save game no longer loads (comes up with an error when I try), so be careful when using that pack. It might be worth keeping backups if you have much invested in your save.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth
The Gedune Tenzen-class cruiser is rad as hell and I won't hear otherwise. The thing is literally a bunch of guns attached to an engine (and at 7 base burn iirc what an engine). Though even with the max amount of extra ordnance points a person can get, you'll have trouble fitting in all the guns and the flux/hull mods you want, it's still outrageously front-loaded. It's annoying I've only been able to get my hands on two from scouring the sector's (non-restocking) stations, but it's probably for the best, as a fleet of these things would probably wreck poo poo too easily.

Gedune and Kadur just seem to fit this game perfectly, and while I'll definitely always be playing with them, it would be awesome if Alex threw them in to the base game (they both need a bit of balancing, though :v:). Blackrock ships look kickass, while still looking like something that'd be plausably made by humans in-game, I can't wait for them to be ready for 0.6a

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

Shadowmorn posted:

I love how you dont even get to wing it with the hulk of your ship. Denied in every way imaginable. :smugdog:

I like how you dont even SEE the enemy, its just this huge gently caress-off beam that comes in and vaporizes your ship in a second flat.

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor
Oh, and to the question about ballistic slots, I found a neat workaround to not having any kinetic weapons to deal with shielding. Shrike missiles from Shadowyards (and probably Salamanders from vanilla) force the AI to drop their shields even if they aren't in danger of overloading. They are more afraid of a large EMP damage source hitting their shields than the rest of the incoming damage. Its like a game of chicken that you always win. I don't think it works with emp burst weapons though as there isn't enough travel time for the AI to bother to respond, but when they see those EMP missiles in flight, they drop their shields instantly.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Sunder with sabot SRMs and a plasma cannon is so satisfying for that reason. Basically any one-two punch loadout is really good vs targets that cant dodge.

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

I'm intentionally being as verbose as possible in negotiations for my own amusement.

Protagorean posted:

The Gedune Tenzen-class cruiser is rad as hell and I won't hear otherwise.

I haven't had as much experience with Gedune ships, to confess - i was basing my evaluation on the ones that show up in sim.

On my end, i was focusing on SHI because they're more widely available, and on the receiving side, i've never actually fought a Gedune fleet. I either engage a wolfpack and their frigates escape before i even see them, engage a convoy and run down some Mozoxes(?), or get engaged by a warfleet and then there's just several minutes of screaming and green lightning and bees.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Put it in the OP.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

I'm kind of curious how much shields would have helped. Not much, I'm guessing, but I'm still curious :D

FooF
Mar 26, 2010

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND posted:

Put it in the OP.

The best post.

Haven't tried it but I love Homeworld so...

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

That is an awesome gif. It also reminds me, the other day I had a ship with a low hp hull. I had just gotten out of a nasty fight and got attacked again. The fight started and the "boost" it does not where it flings you full speed into the map flung me full speed into a large asteroid. Almost killed me instantly. :(

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Ceebees posted:

Grievances -

This one is with Starfarer as a whole since the latest version, but nobody ever fights me anymore. I'm actually having a problem with SF i've never had before - i'm bored. Sure, i can gank a half-dozen pirate buffalos for $200,000 in supplies, but... why would i? All i'll have to do in those battles is five minutes of staring at my own ship as i feebly thrust after them, followed by two seconds of loving up their engines, rinse, repeat. I'm running around with a few destroyers and light cruisers, but nothing smaller than a battleship will actually oppose me instead of nope-ing right the gently caress out at the first sign of danger.

(And this is worse with the Gedune wolfpacks and Kadur rebel faction, who can run off the map before even frigates on deploy left/right can catch up with them)

I keep seeing this issue come up, and I'm not sure if I understand it right. Are you complaining that fleets you will easily beat are running away from you, and only fleets that might win will fight? Because there are ways around that - you need to use tugs, you need to deploy frigates, and then you need to harry reserves and pursue retreated ships, and you need to have the combat readiness to do so. It's much harder than "buy 3 battleships and just roll everything" from the last version, but it's a bit less silly.

The thing with (obvious example, I've seen it with other fleets too) the pirate plunder fleet where you appear to have defeated them and then they "engage", and then retreat, and "engage", and retreat doesn't seem to be a bug - they're trying to wear your CR down. If your combat readiness outlasts their combat readiness in the "win>harry>engage>win>harry>engage" cycle, then you will eventually have to option to pursue them rather than engage, none of their ships will be combat ready, and you can clean them up at leisure. Admittedly, their CR is likely to last longer than yours because they've got all low tech ships and you're probably trying to roll with Tempests or something, but you can do it if you're careful. You might have to deploy 5+ times only to see them retreat before you get there though.

It's a bit dumb that they never even try to fight in that situation, but you can easily overcome it by deploying one fighter wing at a time until they run out of CR. Send in scouts with low deployment costs and you won't lose much CR. If they put ships in, call re-enforcements.

As for modded ships that are faster than your ships... buy some of those ships, put augmented engines or unstable injectors on them and you will have ships that are even faster.

Elector_Nerdlingen fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Sep 24, 2013

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

The complaint is that you constantly have to chase things down on the battle map. Sure, they should run from you on the campaign map. And sure, they probably should run on the battle map. The only problem is that it is incredibly boring to chase down every ship in every battle. Unless it is a perfectly even match or the AI has the advantage, it will run. It's very boring, even with the ability to send in frigates and fighters from the sides.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Internet Explorer posted:

The complaint is that you constantly have to chase things down on the battle map. Sure, they should run from you on the campaign map. And sure, they probably should run on the battle map. The only problem is that it is incredibly boring to chase down every ship in every battle. Unless it is a perfectly even match or the AI has the advantage, it will run. It's very boring, even with the ability to send in frigates and fighters from the sides.

OK, fair enough. It always reads a bit like "I only ever pick easy fights, why are they running away?" but if enough people feel that way I guess it's a real problem.

I'm winning battles with the Cathedral fleets and the big vanilla fleets in the second system, and if a third of their ships end up retreating I usually just let them go because I will have blown up all their battleships and cruisers by that point and I don't care if 3 fighter wings and a frigate escape because they're not carrying anything expensive. Is everyone else trying to pursue fleets down to the last fighter or something?

Elector_Nerdlingen fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Sep 24, 2013

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
The AI should sometimes overestimate its ability, basically.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I'm not sure that pirates and the like should even have the option of running. It adds depth for the player to be able to do it, but NPCs aren't as important as I am.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Milky Moor posted:

The AI should sometimes overestimate its ability, basically.

Sure, it would not be a problem if they sometimes did that and it would add a lot to the the game. I'm really enjoying the CR/pursuit/harry game though and I hope it doesn't get reverted back to the best tactic being to buy as many giant ships as you can and roll around in a blob crushing everything in your slow, slow path. Because that was fun for maybe an hour.

wiegieman posted:

I'm not sure that pirates and the like should even have the option of running. It adds depth for the player to be able to do it, but NPCs aren't as important as I am.

In previous versions, the opponent hardly ever retreated and it was really easy to get to a point where you were unstoppable because you could just keep picking fights that you would 100% win with no losses. It got boring pretty fast once you were there.

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor

Internet Explorer posted:

I feel this problem would be alleviated once some sort of objective is in. Some sort of system involving a capture or defend, and the small fleets throw themselves at you to burn your CR so you can't take on their super fleet defending their home planet or you poking at their super fleet with hit and aways to soften it up for when it hits your station. The current goldfish simulator campaign should really give you no expectations at all.

You can also try modding the core game and adding in some super slow civilian ships to their fleets (after adjusting their fleet value) so they can't run away. Add in empty atlases or construction rigs because the pirate fleets by default only use buffalo frigates and the odd mule. You can find it in starsector-core/data/world/factions/pirates.faction

"atlas_hull":[1, 1], or "crig_Standard":[1, 1], and lowering "buffalo2_FS":[3, 4], to [1, 2],

Aenslaed fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Sep 24, 2013

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

I don't think anyone's complaining that you can't win fights where they run, just that those fights are extremely boring. The AI seems to be hardcoded into running; even if you catch a cruiser with a frigate, the cruiser will just keep running while you shoot out its engines.

That and whatever model it uses to determine when to run seems to trigger much more with larger fleets; early on if I have a few frigates, most enemies will want to fight or are at least neutral, but later once I have several destroyers and frigates even fleets that are a match for my force just want to run. The only ones that will fight are the cruiser armadas that massively outgun my own fleet.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I don't think there isn't anything wrong with the A.I. running the gently caress away from a superior fleet if that is what it is encountering. In fact, I offer up this: Why not bring a wolf pack with your huge gently caress-off ships? That way if they run you can sick your wolf pack on them for an easy kill. I think the game's meta is moving away from "This my ship and I use this ship for everything" and into "This is my fleet and I use what is best to be used in this battle".

EDIT: I think the latter idea will become more succinct once officers are in place. That way you can have guys who boost the speed of the ship courtesy of the talent that promotes this under the combat tree, piloting your wolf pack ships.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Blacktoll posted:

I don't think there isn't anything wrong with the A.I. running the gently caress away from a superior fleet if that is what it is encountering. In fact, I offer up this: Why not bring a wolf pack with your huge gently caress-off ships? That way if they run you can sick your wolf pack on them for an easy kill. I think the game's meta is moving away from "This my ship and I use this ship for everything" and into "This is my fleet and I use what is best to be used in this battle".

EDIT: I think the latter idea will become more succinct once officers are in place. That way you can have guys who boost the speed of the ship courtesy of the talent that promotes this under the combat tree, piloting your wolf pack ships.

That's what I do. I have a core of destroyers, and then some fighters or fast frigates I can forward deploy to catch runners. But when everyone runs, it just becomes grinding ships that barely shoot back for experience. It's extremely boring.

To clarify: I don't object to fleets that are completely dwarfed by yours running, just more or else equivalent ones running. At the very least the fleet should be less likely to run if it's clear you'll just catch up and destroy it piecemeal. Sure, maybe it's realistic, but it's boring gameplay.

Griz
May 21, 2001

Blacktoll posted:

I don't think there isn't anything wrong with the A.I. running the gently caress away from a superior fleet if that is what it is encountering. In fact, I offer up this: Why not bring a wolf pack with your huge gently caress-off ships? That way if they run you can sick your wolf pack on them for an easy kill.

It'd be nice if they'd at least sometimes stand and fight with their Buffalo, 2 frigates, and 2 bomber wings when I'm chasing them down with 2 frigates, a freighter, that really cheap light carrier, and 1 broadsword wing. They could probably kill or seriously damage at least one of my ships if they actually tried to fight instead of just letting me chase down the Buffalo and non-Hound frigates every time.

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor

Blacktoll posted:

The logistics points cap make this a problem. I'm a fan of fighters and bombers and while they are disposable, you do not actually lose them so you can toss them into meat grinder situations without a care. Tiny frigates like wolves and lashers, you cannot field them in capital fights without losing some or all of them which essentially makes them as useful as a construction rig in battle. If the game calculated the logistics cap in a different manner such as your in battle fleet only (You can roll around with 20 super capitals at full CR yet have the starting logistics number which wouldn't let you even field one in battle) then this is a valid tactic. It would actually let you field different ships rather than it being an all or nothing situation.

Aenslaed fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Sep 24, 2013

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat
Yeah, it's a little stupid that mothballing ships increases your logistics score, along with causing a host of other problems. I understand from a realism standpoint (you're towing the deactivated ship behind you) but not from a balance or gameplay standpoint.

Unless I'm confused and that's totally not how it works :ohdear:

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

I'm intentionally being as verbose as possible in negotiations for my own amusement.

AlphaDog posted:

I keep seeing this issue come up, and I'm not sure if I understand it right. Are you complaining that fleets you will easily beat are running away from you, and only fleets that might win will fight? Because there are ways around that - you need to use tugs, you need to deploy frigates, and then you need to harry reserves and pursue retreated ships, and you need to have the combat readiness to do so. It's much harder than "buy 3 battleships and just roll everything" from the last version, but it's a bit less silly.

Internet Explorer had it basically right - i'm complaining about the battle map, not the strategic map. I have tugs, i have frigates, and i engage in the win-harry-engage cycle with plunder fleets. My issue isn't that fleets that can't beat me try to escape, it's that once you have more than three frigates, the AI will only ever engage you if it's 100% certain of victory, and shooting people that're running away in the back gets old.

Blacktoll posted:

I don't think there isn't anything wrong with the A.I. running the gently caress away from a superior fleet if that is what it is encountering. In fact, I offer up this: Why not bring a wolf pack with your huge gently caress-off ships? That way if they run you can sick your wolf pack on them for an easy kill.

The problem with the wolf pack is that A - half the frigates are still fast enough to escape completely, even with side deployment, and B - if you're not one of the wolves, then you're sitting there in the HSS Slowboat trudging up the center of the field, and the most interesting thing you can do in the next five minutes is occasionally turn your shields on to block a Pilum salvo.

So, basically, my complaint is that it feels like taking a big ship has become un-fun and pointless. Nobody that you can beat is ever going to fight you anyway once you have 5 frigates, so all a bigger ship does is chase them slower.

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor

Ceebees posted:

So, basically, my complaint is that it feels like taking a big ship has become un-fun and pointless. Nobody that you can beat is ever going to fight you anyway once you have 5 frigates, so all a bigger ship does is chase them slower.

The second in command auto resolve also doesn't take the performance of your ships into account as well. I made a Lasher with 800 max speed with several hiigarian Skaar lasers and then the game told me it didn't kill anything at all. The ship only existed to deal with this problem and it still didn't work.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Kraven Moorhed posted:

Yeah, it's a little stupid that mothballing ships increases your logistics score, along with causing a host of other problems. I understand from a realism standpoint (you're towing the deactivated ship behind you) but not from a balance or gameplay standpoint.

Unless I'm confused and that's totally not how it works :ohdear:

Mothballing reduces a ship to 10% of it's logistics cost and takes away it's cargo and crew capacity, but when you bring it back into service it starts at 0% CR so you can't just flip it on and off for a single fight you have to wait for it to get ready for combat.

I run around with my Sunder lead fleet of frigates at Burn 11 tearing up anything in my way, all I've got to be careful of is the Tri-tach fleets with multiple capital ships and lots of MIRVs - speaking of which my self inflicted casualties went down a lot once I stopped leading with a MIRV wielding Aurora - they seem to my circling frigates in their rear armour a lot..

VodeAndreas fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Sep 24, 2013

Blunt Force Trauma
Mar 16, 2008

No one gives a fuck about shit.
So fuck your shit.
We fuck shit up,
Cause shit's fucked anyway.
Shit is run in to the ground.

I don't wanna think about it,
I just wanna get down.

Ceebees posted:

Internet Explorer had it basically right - i'm complaining about the battle map, not the strategic map. I have tugs, i have frigates, and i engage in the win-harry-engage cycle with plunder fleets. My issue isn't that fleets that can't beat me try to escape, it's that once you have more than three frigates, the AI will only ever engage you if it's 100% certain of victory, and shooting people that're running away in the back gets old.

I dropped my big ships because small ships feel strictly better on a per-CP/per-Logistics basis, which had the side effect of making it easier to find fights.

If enemies are running away from you on either the battle map or the world map, target fleets that are bigger than you - the game gives you two enormous advantages over the AI: ridiculous bonuses through skill points, and human ingenuity. If you're attacking fleets that are sizably larger than you, you're probably still going to win and you don't run in to the problem of everything fleeing. Once you get rolling with 5-6 ships you can start tackling fleets of nearly twice your size and most likely only lose a few ships here and there. To me, this feels like the game's intended balance level.

Vayra
Aug 3, 2007
I wanted a big red title but I'm getting a small white one instead.

Ceebees posted:

The problem with the wolf pack is that A - half the frigates are still fast enough to escape completely, even with side deployment, and B - if you're not one of the wolves, then you're sitting there in the HSS Slowboat trudging up the center of the field, and the most interesting thing you can do in the next five minutes is occasionally turn your shields on to block a Pilum salvo.

I agree with the general sentiment of this post. Right now I believe the way it works is that the AI tries to flee if you have 10 or more more FP worth of ships than they do, it should probably be a percentage based thing and changed to make them fight more often. Because you're right, constant pursuit battles are unfun.

That said, there are some things you can do in the meantime:
Setting a fast frigate as your "default" flagship lets you participate in pursuits much better. You can always change command to a slower, bigger ship in the first few seconds if you get into a big fight, but an ultrafast pursuit frigate might well be faster than the command pod.
Putting a powerful kinetic/EMP weapon like the Hypervelocity Driver on a Hound (or with mods, a Seski or Hyena) with elite crew and the two speed hull mods lets you disable ship engines in pursuits, allowing your slower pursuers, i.e. wolves, afflictors, etc. catch up and kill the ship before it gets away. The ultrafast engine-hunter makes a good choice for a "default" flagship.
Ditch your tugs, construction rigs, freighters, and anything else you might not deploy into a battle. Get used to fighting stuff for the supplies to last you the 20 seconds to get into another fight. I agree that this isn't the best gameplay, but right now those logistics ships increase the FP of your fleet, and cause enemies to overestimate your strength and flee.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Any time I have to chase some ships down (if you are playing the game right, most fleeing ships should have close to 0% CR and thus be mostly helpless), I just deploy my Thunders and a Hound or two. I use HV drivers on most of my Hounds which has the side effect of making them godly interdictors. Works just fine, transfer control to a Hound to make sure it doesnt gently caress about and waste time.

Also, about players having the RPG advantage, Alex said he intends to give enemy admirals skills at some point. :getin:

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Yeah, I really do agree that the pursuits can be dull gameplay, especially if you're playing without mods.

I also really enjoy the abstracted CR and the whole readiness minigame.

I'm tooling around in the long tri-tach battlecruiser, and my support fleet consists of 2 Broadsword wings, 2 Thunder wings, 2 of the Higaaran inteceptor wings, one of the japanese sounding destroyers, a fast Higaaran missile frigate, the fast Shadowyards starter frigate, a Gemini freighter/carrier, and a tug to bring my fleet burn up to 5 (plus the tech tree ability).

For pursuits, I fly the Shadowyards frigate. I rarely let anything bigger than a frigate escape off the map because the Gemini and the Higaaran frigate have good long range missiles equipped and the fighter wings can usually delay things. The only frigates that regularly escape are Hounds and those Junk Pirate ones with the really tough shields.

I can defeat the Cathedral fleet, the Junk Pirate defense fleets, the japanese guys carrier fleets, the tri-tach battle fleets with the Paragon, and the second vanilla system defense fleets without much trouble. I'm working up to the Hegemony defense fleets - I can sometimes "win" in that they lose more ships than me, but nothing I'd be satisfied calling a victory. The Catherdral fleets give me trouble by destroying my fighters really easily, but once I increase my Logistics rating again I'll get an extra 2-deck carrier from somewhere and that should solve that. Both those problems will probably disappear completely once I can get into the Lotus Pirates or Blackrock ships which suit my style more than the one I've got now.

So yeah, I'm not all that surprised that Pirate fleets run the gently caress away from me. I'm actually wondering if the AI takes player-side crew efficiency or CR into account, because except for the Gemini and battlecruiser (which are veterans) all my ships have Elite crews and I'm usually at >75% average CR when I try to fight a fleet that ends up running, because that lets me play the harry/engage/retreat/harry game.

Edit: Enemy Admiral/Captain skills and NPC friendly captain skills are going to be loving awesome, especially if you can capture enemy captains and offer them a share in your (godly) profits if they join you.

Elector_Nerdlingen fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Sep 24, 2013

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

MAYBE DON'T STEAL BEER FROM GOONS?

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)

Aenslaed posted:

The second in command auto resolve also doesn't take the performance of your ships into account as well. I made a Lasher with 800 max speed with several hiigarian Skaar lasers and then the game told me it didn't kill anything at all. The ship only existed to deal with this problem and it still didn't work.

I want this ship. How do I get it/mod it in?

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Anyone else want to test this out with me?

data/config/settings.json
code:
	# the smaller of these two values is used
	"maxDisengageSize":10, # maximum number of deployment points before a fleet can't participate in a disengage-style battle 80
	"maxDisengageFraction":0.01, # maximum number of points before a fleet can't disengage, as fraction of current battlesize. 0.4
80 and 0.4 are the original values respectively. I dropped them down lower and now have Buffalo II/Carrier/etc Pirate groups engaging my beefy Sphinx-led armada. It does change things up a bit though. Costs a bit more CR to raid smaller groups when they actually you know, fight back.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Blacktoll posted:

The largest ship in my fleet is a destroyer, and anything but the huge system defense fleet runs.

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench posted:

I want this ship. How do I get it/mod it in?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/88662572/HackedShip.zip

Just drop it in the mods folder but you'll need the Hiigaran Descendants Mod and you'll need the console mod to spawn it. Its addship custom_lasher_Standard

Its too fast for its own good so you have to use C to stop flying wildly as you turn and it runs way too hot. Its a joke gimmick that I did just to explore how the game worked. Don't actually use it as its no fun, but all the game's stuff is plain text or csv which can be changed in wordpad and excel so you can easily edit things. Making new ships isn't too hard either once you have the art assets. Weapons are an entirely different story.

edit: Just noticed that this would make for a great smirnoff soviet russia joke with the wolf getting skaar lasered from off screen. I just need to add a few more of the lasers and this Lasher would do the same right back at it.

Aenslaed fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Sep 24, 2013

ClearAirTurbulence
Apr 20, 2010
The earth has music for those who listen.
Cool, I've been looking for a game like this ever since the Transcendence community was taken over by furries.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

ClearAirTurbulence posted:

Cool, I've been looking for a game like this ever since the Transcendence community was taken over by furries.

What happened there? I thought Transcendence was still in development and had a solid modding community

ClearAirTurbulence
Apr 20, 2010
The earth has music for those who listen.

Anticheese posted:

What happened there? I thought Transcendence was still in development and had a solid modding community

Maybe it was a phase they were going through, but I visited the forum for the first time in months, possibly years, and it was being run by some weird tyrannical furry who had strict posting rules and it seemed 2/3 of the posters had furry avatars. There was some forum post about how one of the types of posthumans in the game (I can't remember the term, there's a lot of them) were supposed to be real-life furries or something.

feedtheid
Oct 17, 2006

we get it, you're too busy fellating Gabe to put yourself into someone else's shoes
I think I honestly want any medium size Missile slot that's coming up from small to just release extra projectiles per shot, but end up with the same amount. Case in point - annihilator rocket pods. When you size up to medium, just release double the rockets per shot. That seems reasonable (and amazing)

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Shadowmorn posted:

I love how you dont even get to wing it with the hulk of your ship. Denied in every way imaginable. :smugdog:
I honestly thought I'd at least scrape the bridge on the side but then my wreck deftly spun out of the way and I was like welp. :frogbon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
The mod I want to see is one that just adds a ton of freighters and civilian ships, like Q-ships and such. And Buffalo variants. You know, ramp up the independents a bunch with a lot of different designs.