Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
After much waiting, Undeath has been updated (twice in 24 hours!): http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/40607

Turns out that the first update causes CTD from custom music, so now that's been removed. I don't feel like wasting several hours going through the quest line again if it's still broken, so if any of you brave goons try again, please post whatever hilarious game breaking bugs you encounter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GB Luxury Hamper
Nov 27, 2002

I just started a new character with a bunch of mods installed, including SPERG, Live Another Life and Interesting NPCs.

I rented a room at Candlehearth Hall and went to sleep, and when I woke up there was someone in the room...not the innkeeper, not a follower, but Yatul, an orc who is supposed to hang out at the Narzulbur orc stronghold. Is this caused by a mod or just random Skyrim weirdness? She's not saying anything other than her normal lines about the chief of her stronghold.

space kobold
Oct 3, 2009

That bug is caused by the Unofficial Skyrim Patch, fixing a bug to which she would never go to sleep. The "fix" however, causes her to sometimes appear next to you after you sleep. :downs:

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
I've got an ENB issue where the walls and floors of caves disappear, they are there when I toggle ENB off. Someone did ask Boris about it but he didn't know what it was about and said disable speedhack and mess with settings, changing speedhack did nothing. I got it with Optethfeldt and also get it with Phinix.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

space kobold posted:

That bug is caused by the Unofficial Skyrim Patch, fixing a bug to which she would never go to sleep. The "fix" however, causes her to sometimes appear next to you after you sleep.
The next version of the USKP (v2) is supposed to include a fix for their fix.

GB Luxury Hamper
Nov 27, 2002

space kobold posted:

That bug is caused by the Unofficial Skyrim Patch, fixing a bug to which she would never go to sleep. The "fix" however, causes her to sometimes appear next to you after you sleep. :downs:

Heh. Thanks :)

These "interesting" NCPs sure are interesting. So far I've met some smug elf who will sleep with anything for 100 gold (but no kissing, okay maybe a little bit ha ha ha!), and an old Nord who married his half-orc daughter...

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
So I'm using SPERG 4.0 and have the Artificer trait, which is supposed to teach me the spells that unique staves cast when I use them. When Staff of Jyrik Guldurson didn't work, I used the console to add Staff of Magnus, Wabbajack, and Sanguine Rose -- none of these gave me the spells either.

Extenuating circumstances include upgrading from the last version of SPERG 3 last night, but I did the appropriate uninstall with SkyUI, save, exit, delete, install new SPERG dance.

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!
How long did you try using the staves for? They take a bit to learn the ability. I think it took me somewhere around 8 bandits but now I can Wabbajack people without needing a staff.

Edit: I say 8 is a bit because each bandit took quite a few blasts with how unpredictable it is.

Cerevisiae fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Sep 22, 2013

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Cerevisiae posted:

How long did you try using the staves for? They take a bit to learn the ability. I think it took me somewhere around 8 bandits but now I can Wabbajack people without needing a staff.

Edit: I say 8 is a bit because each bandit took quite a few blasts with how unpredictable it is.

That did it! Thanks. I didn't realize I needed to cast it several times.

Is there a list of things considered Artifacts when it comes to Artificer?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

boho posted:

That did it! Thanks. I didn't realize I needed to cast it several times.

Is there a list of things considered Artifacts when it comes to Artificer?

Basically anything that falls under this page is ,for all intents and purposes of Artificer, considered an artifact.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.
Edit: ^^ yeah, that.

I think it takes 30 casts to learn the spell, but if I remember right, you can edit that number in the CK. Might not work for a game in progress, though.

For artifacts, I worked off of the list of artifacts and unique items on the UESP wiki. The only items I excluded were items that did not have unique enchants. For glittering prizes, I also excluded items where it wouldn't make much sense to transfer the enchantment elsewhere (many shield enchants).

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Limited Items

This throws out the carryweight system and puts in a new system based on slots. Each specific type of item can be edited individually (potions, weapons, arrows, jewelry, etc.) and is basically a Deus Ex-like system.

Pretty good if you care about immersion, IMO.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Thanks.

One question: anyone ever done a Skyrim 'transplant' from one system to another? I want to start playing on a more powerful rig but I don't want to lose my 80 hour save and have to deal with mod re-installs...

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

boho posted:

Thanks.

One question: anyone ever done a Skyrim 'transplant' from one system to another? I want to start playing on a more powerful rig but I don't want to lose my 80 hour save and have to deal with mod re-installs...

You're using MO, correct? Should be as easy as just copying the entire Mod Organizer folder to the new rig, and transferring all the save files. I would wager you'd have to reconfigure filepaths and such, but that should be no problem.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Am I going to run into any problems legendary-ing a skill with SPERG?

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Scyantific posted:

You're using MO, correct? Should be as easy as just copying the entire Mod Organizer folder to the new rig, and transferring all the save files. I would wager you'd have to reconfigure filepaths and such, but that should be no problem.

No, the last time I played Skyrim and installed mods I'd never heard of MO, and for now I'm just updating six-month old mods (like SkyUI, SPERG, Deadly Dragons, etc).

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

boho posted:

No, the last time I played Skyrim and installed mods I'd never heard of MO, and for now I'm just updating six-month old mods (like SkyUI, SPERG, Deadly Dragons, etc).
Copying over the whole Skyrim folder and the folder with your saves and .ini files should work fine.
You may also want to copy over your loadorder. This is stored in file called plugins.txt. Location On vista/7: C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Skyrim\. Location on XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Application Data\Skyrim\.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Are there any mods to skip the black book "dungeons" in Hemaeus Mora's dimension? I sort of see the point of them but they are dull, contain no loot of interest except the final book thing and the enemies are some of the most boring in the game.

I'm looking for something that will just let me pick from the rewards or teleport me straight to the exit book in the dungeon when I enter.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

IMO, just open up the console, and type in "tgm" and "killall"

The first one lets you walk through unscathed by the tentacles, and the second just murders everything so you can go through without a hassle.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Foxhound posted:

Are there any mods to skip the black book "dungeons" in Hemaeus Mora's dimension? I sort of see the point of them but they are dull, contain no loot of interest except the final book thing and the enemies are some of the most boring in the game.

I'm looking for something that will just let me pick from the rewards or teleport me straight to the exit book in the dungeon when I enter.

"No loot of interest?" They give you books as loot. What is wrong with you?

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

cams posted:

Am I going to run into any problems legendary-ing a skill with SPERG?

You shouldn't. It certainly makes the magic skill trees more manageable, especially thanks to having much more useful perks. I haven't played a melee character with SPERG yet, but the "thief" skill trees level up reasonably too.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

EDIT: Wrong thread, I am stupid.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Sep 23, 2013

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Byers2142 posted:

"No loot of interest?" They give you books as loot. What is wrong with you?

I've already read The Lusty Argonian Maid, it's the only book that matters to me. :smugdog::fh:

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
But what about Decumus Scotti. :(

Someone should make a mod that has those guys drop half-legible forbidden knowledge books that give you a warning prompt and then inflict some sort of half-blessing half-curse on you if you read it.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Mzbundifund posted:

But what about Decumus Scotti. :(

Yeah, the Argonian Account is pretty much the best set of books in the game.

Jblade
Sep 5, 2006

Foxhound posted:

Yeah I hated those dungeons, in theory they were a cool idea but the theme got old after the first book and I dreaded returning to them. Imagine my disappointment when I found out they were vital to the main quest and the last battle would take place there. The ability you get at the end of each one is really great and makes it less painful especially the no friendly fire one but still, the enemies are boring to fight and it just felt like the bad bits of Oblivion.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Well it's a giant library, what did you expect? :v:

Temaukel
Mar 28, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Here's a suggestion for the OP: Sounds of Skyrim. It's a really well done collection of sounds and effects added for inmmersion. Includes literally houndreds of small and subtle effects, but also some bigger changes like weather sounds from interior cells. Bonus points for burping sounds in taverns and snoring sleeping NPCs.
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=143840115
You can download the collection or individual packs.

EDIT: sorry, forgot the link.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Gonna add SoS (nexus link) to the OP. Sorry for not updating the OP, btw, I really need to get on that (too much time playing the drat game).

Anyway. It's official. Book of Silence is going to be THE definitive texture replacer set for me. Cabal is in the middle of unleashing his latest update which includes a completely new set of texture overhauls for creatures.

Check it out here http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/24909/

Burns
May 10, 2008

I will have to check out the new version though I'd wish he would finish the armors and weapons first.

futile
May 18, 2009
Looks like he did the dragon priest masks now too. Will have to check those out. Wonder if they can compete with the Apophysis Masks.

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!
Hopefully the monster textures will be compatible with Automatic Variants.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Temaukel posted:

Here's a suggestion for the OP: Sounds of Skyrim. It's a really well done collection of sounds and effects added for inmmersion. Includes literally houndreds of small and subtle effects, but also some bigger changes like weather sounds from interior cells. Bonus points for burping sounds in taverns and snoring sleeping NPCs.
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=143840115
You can download the collection or individual packs.

EDIT: sorry, forgot the link.

They finally fixed the bugs it caused?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Carecat posted:

Wasn't sounds of skyrim hugely bugged causing it to be permanently pulled?

I think the save bloating bug was fixed. It was caused by snoring NPCs, IIRC. :psyduck:

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
So now I can't un-see how desynchronized voice acting is in the game because of the latest (and most likely final) patch. Any idea on if modders can even fix that, since Bethesda seems to be completely fine with leaving the game with a glaring bug ruining the loving amazing job they did previously in lip-syncing characters in the game to their sound assets?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Cerevisiae posted:

Hopefully the monster textures will be compatible with Automatic Variants.

Almost all the 'replacer' textures simply affect the vanilla variant of any given monster. So additional versions added via AV will be fine.

The Doormat
Dec 20, 2010

:dukedog:
I wasn't able to find an answer on the Nexus pages for them, does anyone know if SPERG 4.0 and Better Vampires are compatible?

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

The Doormat posted:

I wasn't able to find an answer on the Nexus pages for them, does anyone know if SPERG 4.0 and Better Vampires are compatible?
I've used both in the past and didn't run into any trouble. I can't think of any reason why they would be incompatible.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

futile posted:

Looks like he did the dragon priest masks now too. Will have to check those out. Wonder if they can compete with the Apophysis Masks.

From a while back, but I think there's just way too much going on there with these masks.

Anyway, it seems that only four of the Dragon Priest masks were retextured (Hevnoraak, Krosis, Nahkriin, and Vokun). Not sure if they plan on releasing the rest, but they might. The BoS project is now at least a 3-man thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Oh god dammit, I installed Undeath without seeing the warning in the OP. No wackiness yet since I'm doing Dragonborn right now, but I'm worried. :ohdear:

• Locked thread