Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JDM3
Jun 26, 2013

Best $10 bux I ever spent on a total stranger.. who happens to be a fucking douchetube.

etalian posted:

The game probably always ends in a draw since both teams get wiped out by cardiac arrest.

I wonder if getting tased is something you get used to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

JDM3 posted:

I wonder if getting tased is something you get used to?

I'm not sure any one person has been tased enough to come to a solid conclusion.

Aren't there horrible places to get tased to the point of full-blown cardiac arrest, though? Like if your heart ends up between two prongs.

Basically, it's Natural Selection: The Sport: The Kickstarter.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

quote:

Stun guns incorporated into a sport make every player equal, no matter what size they are
Equally dead/unconscious, yes. e: Wait, when they say "no matter what size" are they talking about the people or the stun guns?

It probably stands for Ultimate Taser Ball. Or maybe Unsafe Tasering of Balls.

Also, they talk about using stun guns but the pics/video clearly show hand-held tasers.

E: "Ashton Kutcher and Howard Stern [...] loved it." I bet they would.

Colbert confirms that it is called Ultimate Taser Ball
http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/408882/february-21-2012/current-events---ultimate-taser-ball

Machai has a new favorite as of 18:35 on Sep 23, 2013

Kind Milkman
Sep 3, 2011

Indeed.

quote:

Stun guns incorporated into a sport make every player equal, no matter what size they are.

quote:

UTB requires a high level of athleticism. Players have to be fast, strong, and agile, as well as able to withstand the mental pressure that comes with knowing you can be stunned at any moment.

quote:

All of our players are professionals in other sports who've gotten hooked on the adrenaline rushes, camaraderie, and sheer fun of UTB.

So every player is equal, but only the strong survive. Nice.

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

Zybourne Clock posted:

UTB: A Documentary went live just minutes ago. What is UTB? A game not unlike soccer, except with a bigger ball and you can use your hands. Oh, and and every player also brings his own stun gun to the field which he can use to stun whichever person is currently holding the ball. There's also a special zone near the goals where that rule doesn't apply and every player can stun anyone else. That sounds perfectly safe and not completely insane at all.

You can even witness the 'sport' from a first-person perspective!

Funded; guaranteed to be the breakout comedy of the year

JDM3
Jun 26, 2013

Best $10 bux I ever spent on a total stranger.. who happens to be a fucking douchetube.

Kind Milkman posted:

So every player is equal, but only the strong survive. Nice.

Clearly, some are more equal than others.

Edit:

JDM3 has a new favorite as of 18:58 on Sep 23, 2013

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Fatkraken posted:

It literally doesn't tell you what the letters stand for.

My money is on Ultimate Tazer Ball.

efb :smith:

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I just heard that part 3 of the Atlas Shrugged movie is going to be funded by Kickstarter :laugh:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/atlasshrugged/atlas-shrugged-movie-who-is-john-galt?ref=category

$250,000 goal, those CGI trains are gonna look even worse.

Zeether has a new favorite as of 18:58 on Sep 23, 2013

JDM3
Jun 26, 2013

Zeether posted:

I just heard that part 3 of the Atlas Shrugged movie is going to be funded by Kickstarter :laugh:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/atlasshrugged/atlas-shrugged-movie-who-is-john-galt?ref=category

It is clear that the venture capitalists shrugged too.

Newfork
Feb 13, 2012

There are innumerable ways in which I can stop you.

Zeether posted:

Resorting to Kickstarter, randian supermen? Well, we know at least one person here who isn't John Galt then :smug:

Noni
Jul 8, 2003
ASK ME ABOUT DEFRAUDING GOONS WITH HOT DOGS AND HOW I BANNED EPIC HAMCAT

Zeether posted:

I like the FAQ. They do a little song and dance to explain how Ayn Rand would support begging for money in order to fund the third part of a twice-failed venture. And then there's this gem:

quote:

2. We're very aware that we have a built-in "anti-Atlas" audience as well. We know from our experience with the first two films that there is an incredible amount of vitriol out there and, we have every intention of capitalizing on it this time around. As we launch the Kickstarter campaign, those haters are going to come ALIVE. They're going to come after us in droves attacking us everywhere online. To them, we say thank you. Thank you for helping us spread the word. We're looking forward to the onslaught of all those negative blogs, facebook posts, and tweets.

I don't think I've ever seen a preemptive puppetmaster defense. They are also ignoring the huge number of people who are pro-atlas but against lovely movies and massive wastes of money.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
Ahahahahahaha- the film series adaptation of the free marketeer's bible has been done in by.....the free market.

The really funny part is that I know people who would argue that the Atlas Shrugged series' status as a financial joke is somehow proof that their idea holds water.

"At least it had the opportunity to fail on its own. It's not the movie's fault that people are too stupid to go see it and understand its truth." :smug:

I bet they'll be saying the same thing when their Waterworld fantasy either fails to materialize or sinks to the bottom of the sea.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Tubgirl Cosplay posted:

Funded; guaranteed to be the breakout comedy of the year

They turned a Jackass sketch into a sport:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUZqWV9ZYw0

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Electric Bugaloo posted:

I bet they'll be saying the same thing when their Waterworld fantasy either fails to materialize or sinks to the bottom of the sea.

That'll just be another win for them, since it'll be ~just like Rapture~

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Waffleman_ posted:

That'll just be another win for them, since it'll be ~just like Rapture~

I can't wait to get the Bioshock DLC where everything is flooded and instead of splicers there are floating bloated corpses.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1423442163/sensational-snows-upgrade-project-2013?ref=home_location
How can you even make shaved ice gourmet?
Pay for his shaved ice stand to become a place to hold live entertainment and double his flavors. Incentives include hats, and at the 500 dollar mark actual shaved ice for life!

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Junkie Disease posted:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1423442163/sensational-snows-upgrade-project-2013?ref=home_location
Pay for his shaved ice stand to become a place to hold live entertainment and double his flavors. Incentives include hats, and at the 500 dollar mark actual shaved ice for life!

That seems to be the problem with almost all the food-based ones - unless it's something you can ship to me and I happen to like it, why the hell am I going to give you any money for a reward I can't actually have?

Having said that, I really, really want Doobie's Dog House (posted before) to succeed. It won't.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

SoundMonkey posted:

That seems to be the problem with almost all the food-based ones - unless it's something you can ship to me and I happen to like it, why the hell am I going to give you any money for a reward I can't actually have?

Having said that, I really, really want Doobie's Dog House (posted before) to succeed. It won't.

Probably because of the unflattering youtube spot.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
I like the fact that the kids are named Leviticus and Judah.

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010

Zybourne Clock posted:

Craig needs your help to make this HTML5 belt buckle a reality. I can imagine someone buying and wearing a piece of pop-culture related merchandise because said person is a fan. But a belt buckle for a markup language? Is HTML5 really that popular of a tool?

Hey man, cool Superman belt! Where did you get it?

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

SoundMonkey posted:

I really, really want Doobie's Dog House (posted before) to succeed. It won't.

Guys, if we want this to be successful let's do it. Goon Project time, we got 9 days to raise 5,940 dollars. I'm in for 25, who'll match me!

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Junkie Disease posted:

It's not even for life, it's for like five months, and you're limited to two mediums a day, so that's what, like 300 medium snow cones, max. What's the going rate for a snowcone?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Newfork posted:

Resorting to Kickstarter, randian supermen? Well, we know at least one person here who isn't John Galt then :smug:

I'm...pretty sure that Rand advocated taking advantage of every charitable thing you could find, but that you shouldn't GIVE charitably. Basically, you rip off all those idiots who were dumb enough to give up their money.

And so incredibly greedy objectivism survives another day.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

pathetic little tramp posted:

Guys, if we want this to be successful let's do it. Goon Project time, we got 9 days to raise 5,940 dollars. I'm in for 25, who'll match me!

I'd say we've collectively received at least $5,940 worth of entertainment from these lovely Kickstarters these last few years, maybe it's time we gave something back. :unsmith:

Edit: goddamit, he went and lined up all his suppliers and is just waiting for the Kickstarter to become successful before he can start paying them.

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 04:15 on Sep 24, 2013

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
I'm not sure which would be more depressing, his kickstarter making 1% of its goal, or making its goal and him going out of business in a month.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

Mozi posted:

I'm not sure which would be more depressing, his kickstarter making 1% of its goal, or making its goal and him going out of business in a month.

I kinda want to see him succeed just so I can read astonished reviews from critics flabbergasted at the supermarket pork dogs and spray on cheese they were getting served.

E: Assuming a critic wants to drive there just to have two loving hotdogs and stale FritosŪ.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Mozi posted:

We ought to call Gordon Ramsey. Yes I have been rewatching the F-Word and Kitchen Nightmares.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Noyemi K posted:

I kinda want to see him succeed just so I can read astonished reviews from critics flabbergasted at the supermarket pork dogs and spray on cheese they were getting served.

E: Assuming a critic wants to drive there just to have two loving hotdogs and stale FritosŪ.

B-but his hotdog wieners are made from 100% Alabama! And he only uses the freshest local ingredients*!

*Onions he bought from Costco

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

dijon du jour posted:

B-but his hotdog wieners are made from 100% Alabama! And he only uses the freshest local ingredients*!

*Onions he bought from Costco

Costco costs money to get into.

Walmart. That's the place.

Sid Delicious
Oct 31, 2007
:sidvicious:

Young Freud posted:

Costco costs money to get into.

Walmart. That's the place.

New stretch goal: Costco membership

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Noyemi K posted:

gently caress I'm strongly considering kicking in $25 tomorrow even though I'm relatively broke.

EDIT: Hell with it, just did. $105 funded woooo.

SoundMonkey has a new favorite as of 09:40 on Sep 24, 2013

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

SoundMonkey posted:

gently caress I'm strongly considering kicking in $25 tomorrow even though I'm relatively broke.

EDIT: Hell with it, just did. $105 funded woooo.

Considering all of the other crap I've backed, I had to go in on this too.

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

Noyemi K posted:

Revolting roadside stand food didn't exactly start with this guy.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
Line Magazine is an annual magazine for designers, of both the professional and student variety. Someone once told me 'if your product looks bad, paint it black'. The creator of Line Magazine must have been given the same advice because save for the logo, his front cover is completely black. So is his pitch video, the physical rewards, and the random image he decided to put on his KickStarter to pad out the page. He needs 8000 dollars to make his dream come true, but all reward tiers are limited in such a fashion that even if they all get taken, the project will fall short on its intended goal. The only way his project is going to get funded is if there are people willing to give him money without getting anything in return.

Bicycle Playing Cards and Internet Memes. You'd expect such a KickStarter to get funded within minutes of its release, but judging by the low number of backers so far the Internet thinks the concept it a little bit played out.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Zybourne Clock posted:

Bicycle Playing Cards and Internet Memes. You'd expect such a KickStarter to get funded within minutes of its release, but judging by the low number of backers so far the Internet thinks the concept it a little bit played out.

poo poo, I know several people that would trip over themselves in a race to back such a project. That being said, I'm going to keep my trap shut.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Junkie Disease posted:

http://sunodessert.com/

This place makes shaved ice out of condensed milk or something and loads it up with crazy toppings, and it's pretty good

That's about as close as I can muster

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

signalnoise posted:

http://sunodessert.com/

This place makes shaved ice out of condensed milk or something and loads it up with crazy toppings, and it's pretty good

That's about as close as I can muster

Isn't that just kakigori/patbingsu/tsuabing/etc? It's a pretty common dessert in Asian cultures.

Presteign
Aug 8, 2004
consent is overrated

Junkie Disease posted:

By using Luxury Ice of course!

Tourette Meltdown
Sep 11, 2001

Most people with Tourette Syndrome are able to hold jobs and lead full lives. But not you.

fondue posted:

Considering all of the other crap I've backed, I had to go in on this too.

I'm really torn on whether or not to go in on this guy. No harm if I do and he doesn't get funded... but if he DOES get funded, I won't have any excuse to not drive way out in the middle of nowhere for a lovely hotdog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Zybourne Clock posted:

I could swear I've already seen these.

He'll also invariably choose one of the ones that has a copyright attached and get in huge trouble.