Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

IUG posted:

Wait, there was an update and there has only been one new post in about a half hour?

EDIT: Oh, maybe it's because the site is unreachable. Or it is for me now.
I got it eventually, just took a bunch of re-tries on each link.

The most anime update in a while, that was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The site's pretty slow lately.

Meanwhile, Gamzee gets stabbed into the horizon.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

IUG posted:

Wait, there was an update and there has only been one new post in about a half hour?

EDIT: Oh, maybe it's because the site is unreachable. Or it is for me now.

Yeah, it's been this way for the last few updates. Every time there's a new one the site gets hammered for a while.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Yeah, I was just surprised the update was up for over 20 minutes and only one new post. I got to see it eventually, but glowing-fish's post was another case of "what is he even talking about" until I realized there were updates. But that usually means ~20 posts in this thread too.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I get the feeling that Hussie has somehow set it up so that the maximum load of the website is progressively getting smaller with each update purely to gently caress with people.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

lotus circle posted:

And so every homestuck cosplayer exploded in a fit of anger, because now their outfits are no longer canon accurate.

Not sure what they were expecting, since a hooded sweatshirt without a front pocket is like a proper gentleman without a monocle.

(also the ones on the store have front pockets anyway)

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
I hope the the only confirmed couples that are at the end of Homestuck is John and Roxy and Dave and Jane. Having the final confirmed couples essentially be "Rose/John's mom has got it going on" would be a very Homestuck-like and funny way to deal with the shippers at the end of the comic.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
Being of pure logic, right there. :rolleyes:

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

mr. stefan posted:

I get the feeling that Hussie has somehow set it up so that the maximum load of the website is progressively getting smaller with each update purely to gently caress with people.
Basically this blog causes people to freak out and constantly refresh the page when an update is announced. Which breaks the site, causing people to refresh even more.

It just so happens that when said blog took a 'vacation', the site problems cleared up.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

closeted republican posted:

I hope the the only confirmed couples that are at the end of Homestuck is John and Roxy and Dave and Jane. Having the final confirmed couples essentially be "Rose/John's mom has got it going on" would be a very Homestuck-like and funny way to deal with the shippers at the end of the comic.

Echoes of Justin Timberlake and Andy Samberg on SNL singing "Mother Lover".

Also frigging finally Dave decides to jump into action. All it took was the monster who killed his brother absconding with the corpse of his friend who could still be revived. Looks like it's time for the Reluctant Hero.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Kgummy posted:

Basically this blog causes people to freak out and constantly refresh the page when an update is announced. Which breaks the site, causing people to refresh even more.

It just so happens that when said blog took a 'vacation', the site problems cleared up.

Which is silly because that blog ANNOUNCES the update proper anyway. They should just constantly refresh the blog and THEN go check mspa when it makes the "update is here" post.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Jane is all logic, all the time.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Geez, Jane, you are just so ridiculously needy.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
That might be the first time she's heard anything like that, and despite being the essence of logic and bluh, bluh I don't think she's forgotten what uu said when he told her Dad was dead.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

She's probably used to having been in unrequited love so long that an actual declaration of her mom-hotness caught her off guard. She's not really used to having anyone but Roxy and her Dad compliment her.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

That's pretty bizarre because I caught the update purely on accident as soon as it went live and had no problems.

Everybody else was just too slow today. :smugdog:

EDIT: You'd think if anything could break the mind hold, it would be that but I guess not.

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Sep 24, 2013

Fluffalina
Jul 10, 2002

CuteSweetHotSexy AngelBitchPunkSlut
She looks maybe slightly flattered, but mostly uneasy. Getting a comment like that from someone you don't know can be disconcerting. Especially for Jane after what happened with Caliborn with his demeaning and threatening "compliments".

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Yeah, Jane was probably due for the small but genuine self-esteem boost.

Looks like Gamzee was up, and then down again. Jumping to Terezi vs the clown again next?

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
I was kind meh by how random Jade's death was, but the events afterwards have been pretty interesting and entertaining.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Can love bloom on the battlefield between a knight and an unfeeling AI?

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Dave may be trying to ride the Reluctant Hero schtick into the ground, but we all knew that when the chips were down he'd actually act. And in this case he makes an evil robot's day at the same time as he tries to save the life of another of his best friend.

Zorak posted:

I was kind meh by how random Jade's death was, but the events afterwards have been pretty interesting and entertaining.

I've noticed this is definitely a common cycle of commentary when it comes to Homestuck. Something happens and then everyone reacts negatively, when in comic-time it ended up being more of a footnote going into something else that ended up more rewarding. Kind of just what happens when we get drip-fed updates as opposed to archival reading, I guess.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

Color Printer posted:

EDIT: You'd think if anything could break the mind hold, it would be that but I guess not.

Don't speak too soon, now.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Grrl Anachronism posted:

She's probably used to having been in unrequited love so long that an actual declaration of her mom-hotness caught her off guard. She's not really used to having anyone but Roxy and her Dad compliment her.

I'm going to go out on a limb here but maybe she's a teenage girl(bot) who was just called hot by an attractive guy.

Y'all are in the business of overthinking stuff!

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Midnight Raider posted:

Dave may be trying to ride the Reluctant Hero schtick into the ground, but we all knew that when the chips were down he'd actually act. And in this case he makes an evil robot's day at the same time as he tries to save the life of another of his best friend.

Yeah, Dave's been a confirmed hero since (IMO) the leadup to Cascade. The guy gets some unexpected stabbings while his dream bubble is hosting Rose on the Dersite moon, wakes up and shoots off to come to Rose's assistance without a moment's hesitation. He may not be comfortable with being a hero, but that's what he is and what he does at an instinctive level. It's just when he has time to think about it the reluctant part comes into play. It's "My friend's in trouble? ACTION!" vs "Someone expects me to be heroic? Oh, um, er..."

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
Next up: Rose! Dave had better watch his mouth around Jane now. From that vantage point, though, seems most likely she'll react to Jake powering up.

(And I think this might be the first time there was an update, albeit a minor one, that I haven't seen posts about yet)

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I'm going to go on record that emotions will be how Jane finally breaks free. I assumed it would be anger (getting pissed enough to stomp her computer again, the tiara in this case) but maybe a positive emotion would work better thematically.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Oh god I hope Karkat is alright. Oh and Papaya too I guess.

VJeff posted:

Can love bloom on the battlefield between a knight and an unfeeling AI?

D... DRONE GEAR?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Bobulus posted:

I'm going to go on record that emotions will be how Jane finally breaks free. I assumed it would be anger (getting pissed enough to stomp her computer again, the tiara in this case) but maybe a positive emotion would work better thematically.

I still expect her to go crazy, since this is what happened to the robot in Caliborn's telling of the alpha male's important boy journey.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Cat Mattress posted:

I still expect her to go crazy, since this is what happened to the robot in Caliborn's telling of the alpha male's important boy journey.

Jane is pretty much a giant ticking timebomb. She has major issues with keeping things bottled up, then snapping.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Thundarr posted:

Yeah, Jane was probably due for the small but genuine self-esteem boost.

Looks like Gamzee was up, and then down again. Jumping to Terezi vs the clown again next?

It seems like Gamzee is slowly making his way back to Araena. That should be interesting.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Blackheart posted:

Oh god I hope Karkat is alright. Oh and Papaya too I guess.

D... DRONE GEAR?

Droog Gear. :colbert:

BlueDestiny
Jun 18, 2011

Mega deal with it

I hope the next flash is a big chase scene set to Yakety Sax played by Terezi punching Gamzee in the face, making musical honks.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

BlueDestiny posted:

I hope the next flash is a big chase scene set to Yakety Sax played by Terezi punching Gamzee in the face, making musical honks.

Make it a Yakety-Sax-esque remix of Beatdown and I'm sold.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

The right side of this tableau is looking a little vacant, and we're still missing Real Dirk, Jack English and the rest of the living trolls. When they're here, then we can have a flash. (I hope!)

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."
I might have missed something, why are there green flames to the left? What started that fire? I assume it was either jade, gcat, jack noir or PM, since those are the four first guardians.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Rooreelooo posted:

I might have missed something, why are there green flames to the left? What started that fire? I assume it was either jade, gcat, jack noir or PM, since those are the four first guardians.

Jade caused those when she was pushed back by the hope field.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Is that hope field ascending? Seems to be pretty far from the hole it punched into the ground.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

IUG posted:

Is that hope field ascending? Seems to be pretty far from the hole it punched into the ground.

The hole was caused by Jade's green sun sphere when she tried to challenge the hope field, not from the hope field itself.

escape mechanism
Feb 12, 2012

Yeah, compare the situation after Jade switched the planets ; after her defeat and now. Jake hasn't substantially moved so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
Has anyone else noted that the current volcano and impact site configuration is a lot like the frog temple site on Jade's island?