Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aristophanes
Aug 11, 2012

Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever!
I bought a gaming mouse the other day, with the intention of using its superior mousing power to play actual games. Now I'm using these lovely Omron switches to click loving cookies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Merijn posted:

Welp, I got what I needed. Back to work.

That's not even all the cookies, let alone cheevos :colbert:

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009

Aristophanes posted:

I bought a gaming mouse the other day, with the intention of using its superior mousing power to play actual games. Now I'm using these lovely Omron switches to click loving cookies.

I used to have a gaming mouse with a nice "triple-click" button that I absolutely abused when playing TF2. I gave it to my brother once the scroll wheel stopped working and have since been content with regular one-tap-one-click mice.

I miss that mouse so god-drat much right now!

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

death .cab for qt posted:

That's not even all the cookies, let alone cheevos :colbert:

It's what matters. :stare:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Just missing 10 Antimatter Compressors now. Almost there. I can almost taste the cookies. :shepface:

I'm running 123 heavenly chips right now. Should I just restart a few times to make the final grind a little less so?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Attestant posted:

Just missing 10 Antimatter Compressors now. Almost there. I can almost taste the cookies. :shepface:

I'm running 123 heavenly chips right now. Should I just restart a few times to make the final grind a little less so?

I'm on 254 chips and it's going so slow for the last compressors. I'm just going to save up until I can get 500 Heavenly Chips total, at least I get a sense of progress when rebuilding my Cookie Empire. This waiting for quadrillions doesn't scratch the same itch.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Attestant posted:

I got 100 of everything on under 50 chips. Took a while, but then the reset kicked me up to 276. If there's only 10 left, may as well stick it out.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
I finally got all 100's across the board, with 150 grandma's and 200 pointers.

Then reset. 270 heavenly chips.

Now i'm back to 150/150/100/100/100/100/90/70/50/30, with 67 upgrades purchased.

All in under 4 hours.

Yeah, heavenly chips are insane.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I was chugging along with 40 chips until I got 100 of everything, then I reset after a long while and got 500 chips, then I reset again and I'm at 4000.

I now have 1 quintillion cookies, and I'm going to keep resetting as I reach my old goal.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

I just spent 40 minutes clicking so I could get to the endgame faster :psyduck:

e: It ended up being pointless since I still have to wait for research

fisting by many fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Sep 24, 2013

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Migishu posted:

I finally got all 100's across the board, with 150 grandma's and 200 pointers.

Then reset. 270 heavenly chips.

Now i'm back to 150/150/100/100/100/100/90/70/50/30, with 67 upgrades purchased.

All in under 4 hours.

Yeah, heavenly chips are insane.

My last reset was with 1800 chips, had my first compressor in under 10 minutes. Chips are great, yeah.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
When do you guys stop making stuff as soon as it builds and start gathering cookies for the lucky/frenzy lucky thresholds? I find that's when my resets tend to stall as I wait to fill the huge lucky threshold with a relatively piddly CPS.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I tend to let it happen when I have to leave the computer for some reason.

The last time I had to do it was around 3qa, though. It might be even more annoying now. When I did decide, it was because buying stuff as soon as I could was taking forever. So instead I let it take forever to get enough cookies that I could use combos to build quickly.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
I have no idea why I'm enjoying this game.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

5 antimatter condensers to go.. 2.5Qa in the bank.. Next condenser is 2.3 Qa.. Do I reset now, collect 230 chips and go at it again, or do I HTFU and wait it out until I can get the last three achievements (100 condensers, 100 of everything, reset with 1 Qa cookies).. It's probably around 20 Qa to get 5 more condensers and I'm at 30B cps. :ohdear:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Collateral Damage posted:

5 antimatter condensers to go.. 2.5Qa in the bank.. Next condenser is 2.3 Qa.. Do I reset now, collect 230 chips and go at it again, or do I HTFU and wait it out until I can get the last three achievements (100 condensers, 100 of everything, reset with 1 Qa cookies).. It's probably around 20 Qa to get 5 more condensers and I'm at 30B cps. :ohdear:

The last condenser is a hair over 4 quadrillion if I remember right. If you feel you can't wait for that then resetting now would probably be better.

Pizzatime
Apr 1, 2011

Aaaaallll the cookies.

Tuco22
Jul 11, 2013
Should i sell all the grandma's so i don't have to put up with their poo poo?
And will this prevent the grandmapocalypse?

Nevermind, readings hard.

Tuco22 fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Sep 24, 2013

cycowolf
Feb 14, 2005

Refill my prescription to whatever that thing is that makes the carpet stop turning into snakes in lieu of my coming conniption
So heavenly chips keep carrying over as long as you do the reset and not the wipe reset, correct? Thinking about doing it now.

Pizzatime
Apr 1, 2011

cycowolf posted:

So heavenly chips keep carrying over as long as you do the reset and not the wipe reset, correct? Thinking about doing it now.

Exactly. I'd suggest not doing it unless you get at least a hundred out of it though. I did it with 10 and all I got was disappointment flavoured cookies.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

Tuco22 posted:

Should i sell all the grandma's so i don't have to put up with their poo poo?
And will this prevent the grandmapocalypse?

Nevermind, readings hard.

It thought it could stop us by selling us. How quaint.

-Grandma

cycowolf
Feb 14, 2005

Refill my prescription to whatever that thing is that makes the carpet stop turning into snakes in lieu of my coming conniption

Pizzatime posted:

Exactly. I'd suggest not doing it unless you get at least a hundred out of it though. I did it with 10 and all I got was disappointment flavoured cookies.

Oh I am well over a hundred. I can not stop clicking that cookie. It taunts me.

Tuco22
Jul 11, 2013

Tenik posted:

It thought it could stop us by selling us. How quaint.

-Grandma

TELL ME HOW TO PLEASE YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

AnonSpore posted:

When do you guys stop making stuff as soon as it builds and start gathering cookies for the lucky/frenzy lucky thresholds? I find that's when my resets tend to stall as I wait to fill the huge lucky threshold with a relatively piddly CPS.
I go for the lucky threshold after getting the first 2 golden cookie upgrades and the frenzied lucky threshold after getting the final one.

LouDog004
Aug 29, 2009

Glitter Glisten Gloss Floss

AnonSpore posted:

Going from 200 minutes banked to 1400 minutes banked takes 20 hours (minus any manual clicking) regardless of the size of your CpS since it's directly proportional to your CpS. Best to do it early so you're getting the maximum out of your GCCs when the absolute numbers are larger.

Pizzatime
Apr 1, 2011

Does anybody else do that thing were he plans to save up for a really big upgrade like Kitten Overseers and then just blows it all on ~Round British Tea Biscuits with Heart Motif~ or am I just weak minded?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

77 chips, only upgrade left is kitten overseers. gently caress.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
So if I understand everything right, the only way to get these golden cookie combos that everyone talks about is to get the 77t Get Lucky upgrade right?

Edit: can someone explain how they work?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

counterfeitsaint posted:

So if I understand everything right, the only way to get these golden cookie combos that everyone talks about is to get the 77t Get Lucky upgrade right?

The last upgrade doubles the duration of things (most importantly, the x7 frenzy). The upgrades before it increase frequency. So it's possible to get a golden cookie to show up under the x7 frenzy bonus. I just got the x777 clicking bonus on top of the x7 frenzy bonus and got about 300T in 20 seconds.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

counterfeitsaint posted:

It's not the only way. With both cooldown reduction upgrades, it's possible to get a 79 second respawn timer on the golden cookie. So you'd need to click a frenzy, and then get a 79 second timer for the next one, and then click the next cookie within 2 seconds of it spawning and hope that it was a lucky one.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Emron posted:

The last upgrade doubles the duration of things (most importantly, the x7 frenzy). The upgrades before it increase frequency. So it's possible to get a golden cookie to show up under the x7 frenzy bonus. I just got the x777 clicking bonus on top of the x7 frenzy bonus and got about 300T in 20 seconds.

I see, thanks. A lucky cookie gives you 10% of your current cookies or 1200x your dps. So if you get a lucky cookie while under the influence of frenzy you could get 10% of your current cookies or 7x 1200x (8400x) your dps then right?

Pizzatime
Apr 1, 2011

Also the "Lucky!" golden cookies that just give you a bunch of cookies are limited by your cps. So if you get one of those golden cookies while still having a "Frenzy!" cookie active, you can get a whoooole lot of cookies if your bank is full enough. I think it's up to 20 minutes worth of your cps, which would be 7 times of 20 minutes worth of your regular cps with just a single click!

e: or I could've just said "yes."

Pizzatime fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Sep 25, 2013

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

counterfeitsaint posted:

I see, thanks. A lucky cookie gives you 10% of your current cookies or 1200x your dps. So if you get a lucky cookie while under the influence of frenzy you could get 10% of your current cookies or 7x 1200x (8400x) your dps then right?

Correct. For that reason, you always want a minimum of 84000x your CPS (once you have Get Lucky) on hand so you can maximize the payout of a Frenzied Lucky golden cookie.

Sunblood
Mar 12, 2006

I'm a freakin' blur here!

counterfeitsaint posted:

Kyrosiris posted:

Correct. For that reason, you always want a minimum of 84000x your CPS (once you have Get Lucky) on hand so you can maximize the payout of a Frenzied Lucky golden cookie.

You guys are using different amounts of zeroes there. The correct value is 12,000 x cps for regular lucky cookies, and 84,000 x cps for lucky + frenzy cookies (12,000 x 7 x cps).

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
gently caress it. I've got an export from way back during my first run, I'll just load that and get my True Neverclick again later.

Raspberry Milk, potential 7 heavenly chips, 77/103 upgrades. It'll be a long run back, but this is definitely a better start than absolute scratch.

EDIT: Also no Condensers, since this is from way before those were a thing. Straight up to 20.

\/\/\/ Eh, it would just be a 14% boost. I'm going to build it up just a bit more, portals at least are just under 100.

Oblivion4568238 fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Sep 25, 2013

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Oblivion4568238 posted:

gently caress it. I've got an export from way back during my first run, I'll just load that and get my True Neverclick again later.

Raspberry Milk, potential 7 heavenly chips, 77/103 upgrades. It'll be a long run back, but this is definitely a better start than absolute scratch.

EDIT: Also no Condensers, since this is from way before those were a thing. Free boost!

If you have 0 heavenly chips you really ought to reset at least once; the boost makes things go by so fast

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Sunblood posted:

You guys are using different amounts of zeroes there. The correct value is 12,000 x cps for regular lucky cookies, and 84,000 x cps for lucky + frenzy cookies (12,000 x 7 x cps).

It's six of one and a half dozen of the other. A Lucky Cookie gives you the lesser of 10% of your current cookies on hand OR 1200x your CPS. A Frenzied Lucky Cookie gives you the lesser of 10% of your current cookies on hand OR 8400x your CPS. Therefore, to get the max amount of cookies, you need either 12000x (1200 * 10) or 84000x (8400 * 10) of your CPS on hand so that you get that instead of 10% of your on-hand (which is very likely less)

Sunblood
Mar 12, 2006

I'm a freakin' blur here!

Kyrosiris posted:

It's six of one and a half dozen of the other. A Lucky Cookie gives you the lesser of 10% of your current cookies on hand OR 1200x your CPS. A Frenzied Lucky Cookie gives you the lesser of 10% of your current cookies on hand OR 8400x your CPS. Therefore, to get the max amount of cookies, you need either 12000x (1200 * 10) or 84000x (8400 * 10) of your CPS on hand so that you get that instead of 10% of your on-hand (which is very likely less)

Oh I see. Thanks.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
If only it was possible to get a Blood Frenzy and a Click Frenzy together.

So many cookies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Should I focus on buying 39 more cursors to get Quintillion fingers or should I be saving for Kitten engineers?

edit: oh Quintillion is 50 trill anyway nvm

Kraps fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Sep 25, 2013

• Locked thread