Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stupid Post Maker
Jan 8, 2008
End-game stock stuff Will Merryweather stock ever go up or is it pointless to have invested all of my money into it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

If I had a capture card I would record a video with the slo-mo cheat on, correct the speed, and put it on youtube as a blissfully smooth 60fps video so quickly. "Leaked PC gameplay!"

substitute
Aug 30, 2003

you for my mum

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Tried to take a selfie with a cop. Two star wanted level.

Went on a rampage in the strip club last night, twice, because they threw me out. Walked around the back rooms while the police searches ended. The cops had finally made it through the front door the second time, so I hung out with my new cop buddy for a few minutes before leaving.

Michael tried to please the new customers, after the girls fled during the first rampage.

substitute fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Sep 24, 2013

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I liked the police initially, but now they are starting to irritate me, because as described in the last thread, they are psychic.

In the wooded area, I threw a sticky bomb onto a parked car, with nobody around to see me do it. I run into the alley behind where the car was, and detonate the bomb. Once I get wanted stars, I run away a couple blocks over and hide behind a dumpster, away from the street in another alley. The cops come swarming to the area, and then eventually all converge on me. They should have no idea where I am, let alone know that I have done anything at all.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

MrLonghair posted:

From the other thread:

Where the hell do I do this and how? PS3 version, it's like this AI uses everything about the CELL processor, I'd need to block a place off with a bus and never swing the camera around ever. Got no chance the way it moves now.

e: Stock easily shoots up though, if you manage to get this working. I have to try 1.5 lane roads and just wait.

I tried and couldn't get this to work. I think that poster just got lucky with a stock market swing.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Maybe we can add this to the OP so people know how to invest with the assassination missions after they beat the main game and walk away with a couple of billion if they play their cards right?

Stole this from some guy on the GTA Forums that I found through a Google search, but it's pretty much the same thing everyone has been saying in one form or another here. Spoilers are just for assassination missions and one random event, nothing about the end game story.

quote:

After thoroughly reading every post in this thread and googling many other sources I finally completed what everyone here is striving for.

When I start any game I first go to the forums to see any tips. Luckily I saw that I needed to save the last 4 assasinations until the end! Here is what I did thanks to everyones help!

Make sure to quicksave before you answer the phone just incase you make a mistake. You can always restart!

Step 1: Invest in Debonaire before the mission. After the mission pull out of Debonaire and then INVEST in Redwood!!!! My Return= 300%

Step 2: Invest in Fruit shares before the mission and cashout afterwards! My Return= 50%

Step 3: Invest in Vapid AFTER you complete the mission. Cash out when you made your cut! My Return= 100%

Step 4: Invest in Gold Coast Development before the mission and pullout afterwards! My Return= 80%

After you do all of that, then

Go to hitch lift 1 with Michael(I saw someone do it with Franklin though) to pick the guy up. He should tell you about an increase in stock on the way to the airport. Before you pick the guy up though make sure all of your characters are invested in Tinkle stocks.

Did this myself yesterday, between doing that and distracting myself on the internet, took about an hour to do. Walked away with about 1.8 Billion for each character. The one thing I'd recommend doing that this guide failed to mention is doing the sleep/save cycle thing at a hideout 3-4 times to get the maximum return on your investment.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Sep 24, 2013

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

substitute posted:

Went on a rampage in the strip club last night, twice, because they threw me out. Walked around the back rooms while the police searches ended. The cops had finally made it through the front door the second time, so I hung out with my new cop buddy for a few minutes before leaving.

Cops are pretty unpredictable apparently. When I got too close for a picture he yelled, "Don't look at me!" And before I could save the selflie, he arrested me.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Bold Robot posted:

I tried and couldn't get this to work. I think that poster just got lucky with a stock market swing.

Yeah, other than the assassination missions and the plot completely destroying Merryweather and LifeInvader's stock rankings without raising any others there's no way to influence stocks. None of your goofy free-roam antics will do a thing, which is a shame in a game where you can rocket Michael's house and get him to angrily text and/or call to stop being a prick.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo

Junkenstein posted:

One of Michael's ? missions should kick it off.

Edit: It'll be in the desert (or at least it was for me. The way it played out could mean that it's randomly placed).

I honestly don't remember seeing a ? for this and I've completed the main story and quite a bit of the side missions already (I'm at 80.75%)

Edit: so it must be website only

thehustler fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Sep 24, 2013

Kringy
Dec 31, 2008

Yardbomb posted:

"My wife left me, my kids are shitheads, I'm wanted by a big-time criminal because my old friend kidnapped his wife, the FIB is breathing down my neck, I'm living in the desert in a trailer and now I have to deal with THIS poo poo too."

ahah I also noticed Patricia, Madrozo's wife, tidies the trailer quite nicely after she moves in. It's abit unsettling though... she's old enough to be Trevor's mother and makes comments like "you boys are so messy" and "your mothers were too easy on you" so she's definitely a mother figure. But T is crushing on her anyways?! I guess he wasn't kidding about the incest comments earlier in the game but... goddamn Rockstars, save it for the sequel would ya?

And I'm confused as to what I should spoiler tag, since I don't think these are too spoilery and I myself don't like looking at all the black bars in the thread...

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Dragonatrix posted:

Yeah, other than the assassination missions and the plot completely destroying Merryweather and LifeInvader's stock rankings without raising any others there's no way to influence stocks. None of your goofy free-roam antics will work, which is a shame in a game where you can rocket Michael's house and get him to angrily text and/or call to stop being a prick.

What I'm wondering is how the rumors about your non-Lester actions in the game influencing stock got started. Did Rockstar claim it as a feature at one point? Did it get abandoned, or is it not currently working as designed? Is it just an urban legend? Will it be a part of GTA Online? :iiam:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Stare-Out posted:

Lack of reward for completing missions. Okay, story missions sometimes play out in a way that the character loses, fine. It's allowable for story purposes and drama and whatnot, but Strangers and Freaks? Nearly all of them follow the same pattern: Meet person, do job for them (that often outstays its welcome or is generally way too long), go back to them with both you and your character expecting a reward, then get nothing. The end.

Controls. Not rocket science to figure out. Move left stick slightly to walk, push all the way to run. Get with the times, Rockstar. Also mapping actions to the face buttons that require you to control the camera at the same time. Sprint, mostly. Stick that to a shoulder button or something. Aiming and sprinting at the same time is impossible. And shooting while in a vehicle is as awkward as always. Why not use both shoulder buttons like with normal shooting? R1 uses the handbrake, but so does the X button. Yeah that makes sense.

These 2 really kill it for me. Side missions should at least reward you with something like a skill boost or even something cosmetic like a clothing item. And having to mash X to run / swim faster is so loving outdated I have no idea what they were thinking. We have had analog sticks since the ps1/n64 for fucks sake.

edit: The best is the final triathlon. I hope you like mashing X for 25 minutes. Though I am sure you could just wait until near the end of the bike segment since the AI seems to rubberband super hard during the first 2 segments.

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*
(*No worlds were harmed in the making of this title.)

thehustler posted:

I honestly don't remember seeing a ? for this and I've completed the main story and quite a bit of the side missions already (I'm at 80.75%)

Edit: so it must be website only

You have to have completed the questionnaire on the Epsilon Program website for it to show up. At the bottom of the results page it tells you where to go (And there will be a new ? there)

substitute
Aug 30, 2003

you for my mum

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Cops are pretty unpredictable apparently. When I got too close for a picture he yelled, "Don't look at me!" And before I could save the selflie, he arrested me.

I got the same thing with a street cop when I tried it.

Causing havoc in the strip club seems to make the game engine do odd things typical to GTA. Customers reappeared but no strippers.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Kringy posted:

ahah I also noticed Patricia, Madrozo's wife, tidies the trailer quite nicely after she moves in. It's abit unsettling though... she's old enough to be Trevor's mother and makes comments like "you boys are so messy" and "your mothers were too easy on you" so she's definitely a mother figure. But T is crushing on her anyways?! I guess he wasn't kidding about the incest comments earlier in the game but... goddamn Rockstars, save it for the sequel would ya?

And I'm confused as to what I should spoiler tag, since I don't think these are too spoilery and I myself don't like looking at all the black bars in the thread...
There's a post-main-story mission that makes a lot of this stuff a little bit clearer. And weirder.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Bold Robot posted:

Will it be a part of GTA Online? :iiam:

This is the one thing that aggravates me the most with Rockstar. Aside from a couple of hands on previews and the online trailer, Rockstar really hasn't gone into serious depth about how Online will work or what it will contain (aside from just a general "complete missions/races/heists with friends!"). So everyone keeps making guesses as to what we can and can't do with it, and even at launch, it'll still be guesswork for the first few days as people get the lay of the land.

I mean the secrecy bit about their games was cool ten years ago when I was in high school with nothing to do but speculate about all things GTA due to said secrecy, but now it's just annoying.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Huh, twice now I had Franklin take a cab to the Mary-Ann race at the beach on the northwest of the map, and both times the instant he arrived he triggered a police alert despite having done nothing wrong. The cops up there are apparently that racist. :smith:

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

Payndz posted:

Huh, twice now I had Franklin take a cab to the Mary-Ann race at the beach on the northwest of the map, and both times the instant he arrived he triggered a police alert despite having done nothing wrong. The cops up there are apparently that racist. :smith:

I think it's pretty close to the military base. The cab trip might take you too close.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Also not paying the fare gives you a wanted level immediately.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
So, are there any plans for Rockstar to fix the PSN version, or is everyone who bought it that way just screwed? I wasn't aware there were problems with the PSN version when I bought it, and gotta say, being able to literally drive into the void of unloaded terrain in the very first few minutes as Franklin is really unimpressive after spending a day downloading it.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Shima Honnou posted:

So, are there any plans for Rockstar to fix the PSN version, or is everyone who bought it that way just screwed? I wasn't aware there were problems with the PSN version when I bought it, and gotta say, being able to literally drive into the void of unloaded terrain in the very first few minutes as Franklin is really unimpressive after spending a day downloading it.
I have the PSN version and really haven't noticed any pop-in at all beyond an occasional newspaper dispenser here and there. The performance issues aren't consistent at all (which is probably bad news for the people who are having them, since it makes it that much harder for Rockstar to fix).

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Shima Honnou posted:

Your fix probably involves buying a new HDD... sorry :(

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
This PS3 isn't even a year old yet, what the gently caress Rockstar. I wouldn't mind if it were just textures that didn't load fast enough, I've played on consoles long enough to expect that, but entire swathes of land aren't loading either.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I don't think their use of the A-button to run is them being behind the times. It's just more that doing the half-push on the analog stick does take some effort and engenders the player to just run around all the time. I think they prefer that you actually just walk like a normal person and run when needed which having the run be associated with a button supports.

I started over the game because I felt like I was rushing through it a bit too much. I'm actually much happier with my current game in which I've only completed the first heist. I've hung out with Amanda and Lamar a lot more which has been fun, found the stranger mission that activates the races earlier, found Packie super early, and I've had fun just playing stick-up man with Franklin, robbing 24/7s. Also, I managed to actually get Michael loaded up with over a million dollars from the first heist. The trick is don't invest into hacking or driving, but invest into your gunman. The bad driver and bad hacker can be compensated for.

I've also noticed things like the fact that Trevor's trailer actually belongs to Ron which means Trevor is actually homeless. Also, Trevor's Lifeinvader reveals that Ron was a lot like Floyd. Trevor came in, dominated his life, and scared his wife away.

As far as GTA: Online, we have quite a bit of info. You can do all the side activities like tennis and golf and movies with friends. You can have your own garage, apartment, and insure your cars so you can keep them no matter what happens. You can do unstructured stick-ups and structured heists with friends. You can create impromptu races by dropping a marker on the map. There are deathmatches. And there's a content editor which is currently only for races and deathmatches. There also seem to be cutscenes with your online character as there is one where he/she meets Lamar. That's probably all there is to the game right now.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Anyone know the right answers to The Epsilon Program quiz and care to share? We should provide a link in the OP or a cheat sheet just because from what I've heard its random content that is awesome but hard to find unless you brute force figure it out.

Also if anyone knows anything about Chop the Dog mini-game I would love to help give a write up for that.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
AUG stock rises after cars blow up so you are affecting it with your actions, just a tiny bit. Unless like your AI craps out and they behave like that post inthe last thread so that you can so a jerry can setup and raise the stock triple digit percentages.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Dragonatrix posted:

Also not paying the fare gives you a wanted level immediately.

After you buy the Cab company cab rides for all characters are free anyway.

How do I access the pictures I've taken so I can post them? I jumped into a cab last night with Trevor, then set the controller down and ran upstairs because I had to take a poo poo. I hear some commotion on the TV downstairs, and when I get back down there Trevor is standing next to the cab, the cab driver is laying in a giant pool\smear of blood and there is a wrecked car on the side of the road. I have no idea what happened, but I took a picture.

Manxome Foe fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Sep 24, 2013

Sondlar
Sep 9, 2004

Handsome Ralph posted:

This is the one thing that aggravates me the most with Rockstar. Aside from a couple of hands on previews and the online trailer, Rockstar really hasn't gone into serious depth about how Online will work or what it will contain (aside from just a general "complete missions/races/heists with friends!"). So everyone keeps making guesses as to what we can and can't do with it, and even at launch, it'll still be guesswork for the first few days as people get the lay of the land.

I mean the secrecy bit about their games was cool ten years ago when I was in high school with nothing to do but speculate about all things GTA due to said secrecy, but now it's just annoying.

I can see why. Not that it should be a huge surprise but ehhh, I just hate that poo poo.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Rapdawg posted:

Anyone know the right answers to The Epsilon Program quiz and care to share? We should provide a link in the OP or a cheat sheet just because from what I've heard its random content that is awesome but hard to find unless you brute force figure it out.

They're all correct, AFAIK.

MrLonghair posted:

AUG stock rises after cars blow up so you are affecting it with your actions, just a tiny bit. Unless like your AI craps out and they behave like that post inthe last thread so that you can so a jerry can setup and raise the stock triple digit percentages.

This was probably a coincidence, lots a people have meticulously tested the stock market's reaction to loving around in free roam and found no connection beyond missions and stock tips.

bear is driving! posted:

How do I access the pictures I've taken so I can post them?

You need to associate your gamertag or whatever with the Social Club and then:

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/snapmatic

If you're on 360 this requires Live Gold.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

SplitSoul posted:

This was probably a coincidence, lots a people have meticulously tested the stock market's reaction to loving around in free roam and found no connection beyond missions and stock tips.

Then I'm finding different things from those people on their consoles and their versions of the game. The stock raises and drops to normal super-low after one die/wakeup/sleep period.

Who Dat
Dec 13, 2007

:neckbeard: :woop: :downsbravo: :slick:
New thread :woop:

Quick question, for those that have spend 2mil on the buzzard, is it always obtainable at the helipad after that? Or if you crash it do you have to rebuy?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Shima Honnou posted:

This PS3 isn't even a year old yet, what the gently caress Rockstar. I wouldn't mind if it were just textures that didn't load fast enough, I've played on consoles long enough to expect that, but entire swathes of land aren't loading either.

The PS3 might be new but the HDD technology Sony puts in them is ancient.

Sondlar
Sep 9, 2004

Who Dat posted:

New thread :woop:

Quick question, for those that have spend 2mil on the buzzard, is it always obtainable at the helipad after that? Or if you crash it do you have to rebuy?

It's always there.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

Rapdawg posted:

Yes to all, you just have to do the quiz as Michael in order to unlock the missions.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

SplitSoul posted:

You need to associate your gamertag or whatever with the Social Club and then:

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/snapmatic

If you're on 360 this requires Live Gold.

I did that, but when I go to snapmatic it's just a huge wall of other peoples' pictures, I can't find mine anywhere. Nevermind I got it.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Timeless Appeal posted:

I don't think their use of the A-button to run is them being behind the times. It's just more that doing the half-push on the analog stick does take some effort and engenders the player to just run around all the time. I think they prefer that you actually just walk like a normal person and run when needed which having the run be associated with a button supports.
The feature could very easily be mapped to a button that allows simultaneous camera control though. Also who uses the regular run anyway and doesn't go to sprint straight away? GTAIV's multiplayer used the stick in that way (though kept the face button sprint but changed it to hold instead of tap) so it's not like they haven't thought of it. Or nearly anyway.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Does anyone know if the scrapyard pays out for cars destroyed as any character, or only the person who owns it? I bought it as Trevor just to be sure, since he's my go-to for loving around.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

bear is driving! posted:

I did that, but when I go to snapmatic it's just a huge wall of other peoples' pictures, I can't find mine anywhere.

There is a filter at the top that starts with either "Popular" or "Most Recent"

Just select "My Photos" from the dropdown box.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Timeless Appeal posted:

and I've had fun just playing stick-up man with Franklin, robbing 24/7s.

Are all 24/7s accessible? I wanted to play a round of golf but had all my money invested in shares so I decided to rob a store for quick cash.

Cruised around and found 24/7s but none had a door that opened (this was in East Vinewood I think)

I know I've robbed them before but can't find any as of late for some reason..

The gruppe6 truck robbing is quite easy once you get the hang of it, I usually get a random event pop up near the HQ in the south part of the city, run up behind the truck, blast some shotgun shots at the door handles and grab the loot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Rudager posted:

Done this first assasination with Franklin about 30 loving times now, it's absolute bullshit, he gets grazed by 2 bullets and goes down every loving time.

Why does anyone ever play without armor, ever. There are even free armor pick ups on the map that give you max armor, usually close to hospitals and near police stations.

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Final Dom mission spoilers: So after finishing all the parachute jumps I got a final mission with Dom where it seems like I'm supposed to stop him from jumping off the dam. Every time I do it he jumps off and dies and I pass the mission with a 50%. How do I 100% this one?

After he jumps and splats, sprint through the chute pick up, jump off the side of the dam and land successfully in the creek. That's all.

Stare-Out posted:

I didn't know foot patrols were rare in LA. Bicycle patrols then maybe?

Foot patrols are uncommon most places in the US with the exception of areas with very high population density, like New York. Here in Las Vegas they don't exist really at all, and Bicycle patrols are only on specific areas of The Strip.

• Locked thread