Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
So with the scrapyard. do you get 150 for cars you blow up everywhere? Or do you have to bring cars to the scrapyard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Lord Ephraim posted:

Any tips on stealing a fighter jet out of the military base? I tried parachuting in but I get gunned down when I try entering the plane. If I take any longer shooting down guys around the plane, tanks appear and blow me up. The one instance I did manage to get one off the ground, I was instantly hit by a missile.

I was thinking about purchasing a tank, but I don't want it despawning, wasting what little money I have left.

I had success on my first try with some advice someone here had: Take a plane waaaaay high up, skydive and do your best to land directly inside that open hangar, don't do anything except run to the plane jack it and burst outta there. Fly over the ocean until they lose you but don't go too far out.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Sep 24, 2013

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I dunno if this has been mentioned before in the old thread, but on the physical map that comes with every version there's a little purple dinosaur icon on the border between Los Santos and Blaine County just by the quarry. I went over there, but I didn't find anything and it's not mentioned on the map's key either. What's that even there for, if anything?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
You didn't see the big dinosaur next to a restaurant?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Marshmallow Blue posted:

So with the scrapyard. do you get 150 for cars you blow up everywhere? Or do you have to bring cars to the scrapyard?

Anywhere. I don't know if it's across characters or only for the owner.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

So if BAWSAQ responds to the communitys actions, could we theoretically band together and manipulate the market for our profit?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Cojawfee posted:

You didn't see the big dinosaur next to a restaurant?

Not until you said that, no. Was looking for something a bit more subtle for some reason. Guess I just missed the woods for the trees. :shobon:

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Hey guys, been playing this for a while and I'm loving it, but I'm wondering if there's anyway to get rid of weapons once you have them. Curiously enough I'm having the opposite problem that I had in GTA IV! Rather I want to get rid of that lovely MG and simply keep the superior Combat MG. Or I don't really need three different pistols and keep switching between them when they all share the same ammo pool.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Davoren posted:

So if BAWSAQ responds to the communitys actions, could we theoretically band together and manipulate the market for our profit?

I smell a GTA V Ballsack Manipulation Thread in our future.

Edit: But wouldn't we need a whole shitload of goons to have any relevant impact?

stuart scott
Mar 9, 2007

I don't see a downside to having multiple pistols/submachine guns when you can choose which one comes up in the weapons wheel by default using the D-Pad

edit: super unhelpful answer, I know

stuart scott fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Sep 24, 2013

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

One thing I really loved finding out, was that you could use the sawed off shotgun for drive-by's (at least on motorcycles).

EDIT: Just realized this was something introduced in TLAD, still an awesome mechanic though.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Sep 24, 2013

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

SplitSoul posted:

Anywhere. I don't know if it's across characters or only for the owner.

Anyone can destroy the cars, Michael gets the cash for them at the end of the week.

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009

Marshmallow Blue posted:

I smell a GTA V Ballsack Manipulation Thread in our future.

Edit: But wouldn't we need a whole shitload of goons to have any relevant impact?

Yes, but have a look at the Eve Online Goon history if you're looking for confirmation that anything is possible.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Why can't a guy get into a fist fight, or even defend himself from a fist fight without getting the cops called on me? C'mon son.

G-Whizard
May 31, 2013

Crappy Jack posted:

Some are cool, but mostly just the ones that are like docks and hangars and stuff. The dock in the NW opens up a couple of sidequests, Trevor's airfield gives you some missions, stuff like that. The bars and whatnot generally just give you a payout and the occasional missions.

When I bought that Sonar place with the sub outside a strangers and freaks mission opened up for Michael. Spoilers for what it entails. Some lady has a famous husband who used to tool around in a sub and he died out in the ocean and she wants you to look for 30 some sub parts and she'll "Make it worth your while" I spent what felt like an hour or so diving for these parts thinking "bet this rich bitch gives me lots of cheddar!" What she actually gave me was :10bux: and a signed autograph of her husband. Michael wasn't liking that and neither was I. So I chased her down and jump tackled that bitch on the stairs. Before she could get up I emptied an entire AP pistol clip into her smug face. I then proceeded to dump gasoline all over her and watched her burn. It was a bittersweet victory. ALL THAT WORK FOR :10bux: !?!?!?!

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Raimondi posted:

I just checked my stocks this morning on the Social Club website, and it says Hawk And Little is at $1.20? Can anyone confirm it in-game that its finally on the rise?

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/bawsaq

Yeah, in game it looks exactly like the socialclub site. I've put all my money in there and created a separate save, just in case.

Any idea how often BAWSAQ updates for non-scripted stuff?

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
Those criticisms of the hunting side missions are spot on. Wow. If each one played out like the introduction but with a different animal and maybe a tricky area to stealth through that would be fine. The constantly shifting winds, goofy score thresholds, time limit, and instadeath cougar attacks would each make it bad and they are all prominent.

It doesn't ruin the game and I plan on skipping it from here on out, but I'm surprised hunting was included in its current state.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
Found those shark pictures!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

At least the Rockstar that made RDR was really open to releasing updates that tweaked features. I hope the GTAV is open to that same idea.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Satorr posted:

Jesus Christ. Is it worth it to buy properties or are they all as awful as The Hen House? I've owned them for quite a long while as Trevor and I've gotten three calls. One was to deliver booze in a unwieldy vehicle by way of dangerously tiny curved roads in a short amount of time and the other two were to stop a thief. Of course the thief is a goddamn getaway artist who's nearly impossible to keep up with unless you have a sports car.

I just bought the sonar place last night, which seems like a good deal. It costs $250k and you get $23k for each nuclear waste you find in the ocean (there's a sonar tracking app on the phone which helps you find them). There are 30 of these wastes which makes it worth it plus whatever else kind of treasure is in the ocean.

Raimondi posted:

I just checked my stocks this morning on the Social Club website, and it says Hawk And Little is at $1.20? Can anyone confirm it in-game that its finally on the rise?

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/bawsaq

Yeah it finally started moving late last night when I had checked, was 85 cents I think around midnight. Must be a slow mover.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Are some properties designed to only be feasible to purchase post-main story? There's one that is $15,000,000 and that seems like an unattainable amount of money where I'm at right now.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

stuart scott irl posted:

I don't see a downside to having multiple pistols/submachine guns when you can choose which one comes up in the weapons wheel by default using the D-Pad

edit: super unhelpful answer, I know

Hey it's cool. I suppose there are worse problems to have. At least you're not driving around the map looking for weapon pickups, eh lads?

Knightmare posted:

I just bought the sonar place last night, which seems like a good deal. It costs $250k and you get $23k for each nuclear waste you find in the ocean (there's a sonar tracking app on the phone which helps you find them). There are 30 of these wastes which makes it worth it plus whatever else kind of treasure is in the ocean.

Yeah it finally started moving late last night when I had checked, was 85 cents I think around midnight. Must be a slow mover.

The genius of that stock is that's it's almost a 1:1 ratio. So if it goes up at all you'll still be making a tidy sum.

That being said, I'm still not convinced that it's not some social experiment or something.

RadioDog
May 31, 2005

Elliptical Dick posted:

Now that's a cool glitch .. did it hunt you down, or try to attack you?

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Javes posted:

Are some properties designed to only be feasible to purchase post-main story? There's one that is $15,000,000 and that seems like an unattainable amount of money where I'm at right now.

The golf club isn't feasible to purchase ever. It has the worst ROI in the entire game and takes a hilarious five in game years to pay itself off.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

meatsaw posted:

Now that's a cool glitch .. did it hunt you down, or try to attack you?

It circled for a while but didn't attack. When I set the chopper down to see if that would make it come for me, it died instantly.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Javes posted:

I think you missed a zero in there, but basically yes, I think the absolute best-case scenario pre-finishing the game if you do everything "right" is for a single character to have about 30-40 million total, which isn't enough.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
That's Trevor, he hunted it down.

Edit: Is there anyone who's trying to make their trevor look like Walter White? Where can I go buy one of those hats, if it at all?

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Rudager posted:

Done this first assasination with Franklin about 30 loving times now, it's absolute bullshit, he gets grazed by 2 bullets and goes down every loving time.

gently caress ME, I've never been so frustrated at a game before. I did this a couple of times before but gave up, now I got to a point where I loving HAVE to do it.

EDIT: GOD loving drat IT! It's so loving frustrating becuase normally I'd just give up and move onto another game, but I want to keep going.

Park on top of the car park and snipe him. I think the game even suggests you get to a vantage point.

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Is there anyone who's trying to make their trevor look like Walter White? Where can I go buy one of those hats, if it at all?

Someone made Michael look like Walter and even got the R.V. and put the bullet holes in the door. This was all posted in the last thread and I'm too lazy to look for it because it was like 50 pages ago.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Official soundtrack available on iTunes:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/the-music-of-grand-theft-auto-v/id712610834

$24.99. Not all the music by a long shot :(

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Hockles posted:

I liked the police initially, but now they are starting to irritate me, because as described in the last thread, they are psychic.

In the wooded area, I threw a sticky bomb onto a parked car, with nobody around to see me do it. I run into the alley behind where the car was, and detonate the bomb. Once I get wanted stars, I run away a couple blocks over and hide behind a dumpster, away from the street in another alley. The cops come swarming to the area, and then eventually all converge on me. They should have no idea where I am, let alone know that I have done anything at all.

Not to be too pedantic but: The police are pretty psychic in real life too with gun shot trackers and Los Angeles is one of the cities with them. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunfire_locator Explosions will show up on them too but the police are able to separate fireworks from gunfire. At least that's how I justify it in-game. :)

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Hockles posted:

I liked the police initially, but now they are starting to irritate me, because as described in the last thread, they are psychic.

In the wooded area, I threw a sticky bomb onto a parked car, with nobody around to see me do it. I run into the alley behind where the car was, and detonate the bomb. Once I get wanted stars, I run away a couple blocks over and hide behind a dumpster, away from the street in another alley. The cops come swarming to the area, and then eventually all converge on me. They should have no idea where I am, let alone know that I have done anything at all.

If you commit a crime out of a vehicle, and then get inside one, when the minimap flashes blue and red drive away from the cars and you should become stealthed and you'll escape much faster too. The only thing I can't escape by switching cars is a 5 star wanted level, which to even get to that requires me to basically put myself in a situation where there's no way out but death anyway.

Sieg
Sep 28, 2009

Must kill all humans

Obsurveyor posted:

Not to be too pedantic but: The police are pretty psychic in real life too with gun shot trackers and Los Angeles is one of the cities with them. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunfire_locator Explosions will show up on them too but the police are able to separate fireworks from gunfire. At least that's how I justify it in-game. :)

They are a lot less psychic in 5, that's for sure. I don't recall the cops in 5 ever exhibiting anything that I thought was unbelievable behavior.

I had some cops chasing me, so I cut across the road and drove down an alley. I jumped out of my car and ran and hid behind a dumpster. They got out of their car and ran around for a bit looking for me. They didn't find me and just got back in the car and left. Pretty cool.

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

Knightmare posted:

I think I dumped a bunch of money in it when it was at 1 cent a share. I might be wrong, though.

Kid Gloves
Jul 31, 2013

by XyloJW
Finished this poo poo last night. gently caress. Main story was pretty good, I thought the ending heist was a little underwhelming but the mission where you take care of the loose ends was a great way to finish the game. What happens if you try to kill Michael or Trevor? I just hit the deathwish button immediately and figured it would work out. Those are my friends, dude.

What a great loving game.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Javes posted:

I think that's actually 150 million and it was far beyond my total at the end game. I didn't gently caress around with the stock market and I also constantly hired good people for my heists (dumb idea) so your mileage may vary.

Edit: It's also scary as gently caress without a guide because I've bought another theater and all they did was get robbed and get me killed in pursuit of the guy. At least I got his rear end too.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Sep 24, 2013

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Elliptical Dick posted:

Umm, this is the GTA5 thread, not the Kane & Lynch thread. :downsrim:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Anti-Hero posted:

Is there anyway I can get rid of Franklin's horrid green motorcycle? I despise that thing.

This thing cracks me up. Who thought that would be a cool vehicle for him? It looks like something someones grandpa woud ride.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Well finally finished all the story missions and what a ride. Now to go back and complete it 100 percent. At least it's not pigeons this time. God that sucked.

Also looked up my stats.

Michael (35%):
335 kills, 2 Deaths
Franklin (33%)
178 kills, 4 Deaths
Trevor (32%)
632 Kills, 17 Deaths.

Solution?

Use Trevor more :getin:

As for the endings:

I obviously picked C. I roll with my homies, and I'm not letting some loving FIB tell me what to do. The other options are as what they are. You Kill Trevor, or you kill Michael. It felt weird seeing those endings because it felt like something that Franklin wouldn't do. Michael's ending look like hits Franklin more hard. I enjoyed C more because of how much poo poo they throw at you and Lamar rolls with you. It felt more appropriate because Franklin is the middle man who keeps the team together because Michael/Trevor are at each others throats every time. I grinned when Trevor just said gently caress it when deciding whether to help or not. Also please I know I"m not the only one who enjoyed popping Steven Haines annoying smug rear end with a sniper. I couldn't think of a better ending with all three pushing that car off the cliff and going their own ways. While yeah the conflict between Michael and Trevor don't get resolved it felt more of a truce at that point both accepting that they will never see eye to eye.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Sep 24, 2013

TroubledWaters
Aug 9, 2007

Some kind of...
oil trap!

NESguerilla posted:

This thing cracks me up. Who thought that would be a cool vehicle for him? It looks like something someones grandpa woud ride.

Change the color, ditch the saddlebags. Just needs a little work!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Yeah, I don't have issues with the cops in this one. I like that I can extend a cop chase as long as I see fit (cause they're fun), and end it buy driving off a highway overpass into some slummy area, get out on foot and hide. Or drive into the those concrete drainage things and hide under a bridge.

• Locked thread