Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

Badfinger posted:

Besides some of the raid-centric stuff in the OP, are there any addons that people really like or consider huge improvements to their experience or UI? I've been rolling without addons and without changing the layout and I've been thinking about making improvements.

The "Roles" add-on. Switch specs, sort them in a pre-defined order, swap in equipment and wardrobe with one click.
The "Mount Me" add-on for simplicity of using all those mounts and pets instead of just one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Zoness posted:

Double brez Senticar was a good spec for durdling groups but not a great one for like, anything in ID.
Senticar was also gimped at pretty much everything, it was just less gimped than a dead raid member.

Looks like I'll need 2 REX to get the SL souls, and then I'll be 31 credits short of a trade skill expansion, grumble grumble.

OneEightHundred fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Sep 24, 2013

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

Would like to join as Gindi.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

OneEightHundred posted:

Senticar was also gimped at pretty much everything, it was just less gimped than a dead raid member.

Looks like I'll need 2 REX to get the SL souls, and then I'll be 31 credits short of a trade skill expansion, grumble grumble.

What the gently caress are you talking about? Senticar had everything you needed as a healer and did everything well.

- Single target heals? Check.
- Amazing AE heals? Check.
- AE damage reduction? Check.
- AE cleanse? Check.
- Best tank cooldown in the game (at the time)? Check.
- AE interrupt? Check.
- Reprieve? Check.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

deimos posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about? Senticar had everything you needed as a healer and did everything well.

- AE cleanse? Check.
- AE interrupt? Check.
- Reprieve? Check.

Taunt? Check. :argh:

It didn't have Sign of Asias

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".
Everything is fine, we just need to:
-stop standing in vanquish
-stop standing in crash when eyes are up
-turn away from molinar when people scream "TURN AWAY"
-burn tentacles faster
-stack harder for meteor/tentacles
-not die after phase 2 starts

Regulos is really easy. I don't understand how we didn't kill him last night. If you were having issues standing out of the red, go practice the last boss of Golem Foundry or something, it's really pathetic at this point.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

We didn't get Regulos down either (because it was super late for most people and we just called it) but http://www.twitch.tv/kanetw/c/2984296

this was with several people who didn't do regulos before ever (probably the reason why we didn't kill it though)

e: don't look at my dps in the other encounters i was like super tired and literally embarrassing myself

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

KaneTW posted:

We didn't get Regulos down either (because it was super late for most people and we just called it) but http://www.twitch.tv/kanetw/c/2984296

this was with several people who didn't do regulos before ever (probably the reason why we didn't kill it though)

e: don't look at my dps in the other encounters i was like super tired and literally embarrassing myself

we should have killed him on that last attempt but didn't because of my stupid loving taunt. i hit spark, and then void summon and rift summon when i saw him turning, and reggie didn't even loving bother to switch targets.

i wish anything in this game was as consistent as taunts being inconsistent

Murvin
Jan 7, 2008
Jet-setter and raconteur

Kreczor posted:

Everything is fine, we just need to:
-stop standing in vanquish
-stop standing in crash when eyes are up
-turn away from molinar when people scream "TURN AWAY"
-burn tentacles faster
-stack harder for meteor/tentacles
-not die after phase 2 starts

Regulos is really easy. I don't understand how we didn't kill him last night. If you were having issues standing out of the red, go practice the last boss of Golem Foundry or something, it's really pathetic at this point.

Sure, but not reliably having a tank down the kited solo boss is a lingering hurdle and entering the wrong portal in phase 4 (another tank) cost us a couple of heartbreaking excellent attempts.

Improvements can me made all around, let's try not to be too bitter about this.

Edit

Zoness posted:

At this point it wouldn't be unwise to have people practice the opposite platforms that they usually do.

Everyone knows both platforms at this point.

Murvin fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Sep 24, 2013

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Murvin posted:

Sure, but not reliably having a tank down the kited solo boss is a lingering hurdle and entering the wrong portal in phase 4 (another tank) cost us a couple of heartbreaking excellent attempts.

At this point it wouldn't be unwise to have people practice the opposite platforms that they usually do.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Everyone should have experience on both platforms now. Outside the first few pulls, the platforms were going pretty well.

Spines are what need to get killed faster. Make a tar death macro, use it until all the spines/eyes are dead.

If pets dieing was bringing out adds, that's a pretty major issue and explains a lot.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

StumblyWumbly posted:

Everyone should have experience on both platforms now. Outside the first few pulls, the platforms were going pretty well.

Spines are what need to get killed faster. Make a tar death macro, use it until all the spines/eyes are dead.

If pets dieing was bringing out adds, that's a pretty major issue and explains a lot.

not all of the spines have to die before regulos goes back to normal damage, check esthi's vid

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

shut up gelly posted:

we should have killed him on that last attempt but didn't because of my stupid loving taunt. i hit spark, and then void summon and rift summon when i saw him turning, and reggie didn't even loving bother to switch targets.

Me and Loracia have noticed that OGCD abilities do not go off sometimes, I think I have narrowed it down to animation lag on the previous ability, if I am still animating my previous ability taunt will not go off. But it's entirely too unpredictable if it will go off or not, I am about to give up and make another giant fuckoff kalert that shows me taunt's availability so I know when it's gone off.

This has also happened to me with Reprieve.

Zoness posted:

Taunt? Check. :argh:

It didn't have Sign of Asias

BRez a tank, MoL, Taunt, self Covenant in rapid succession saved many a raid.

Also it trivialized 2nd boss in RotP before we outgeared it.

deimos fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Sep 24, 2013

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

shut up gelly posted:

not all of the spines have to die before regulos goes back to normal damage, check esthi's vid

I can believe it, I guess it would help if we have a spike targetter, so we don't waste time hitting the 2 spikes that can stay up or whatever?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

shut up gelly posted:

Tell me all about not getting immediate threat on Crucia :allears:.

I got auto'd without even targetting her :argh:.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

Murvin posted:

Edit

Everyone knows both platforms at this point.

I'm not concerned about someone who tanked Regulos for the first time wiping us on shambler. Add that to the first time we made it to second portals: me calling them out at the wrong time(zoness!:argh:) cost us the wipe. Aside from that, I think a month + worth of wipes would be enough for the regulars to understand the basic mechanics.

Nothing to be that angry about. We got him down another 25% from last time which is our first real progression aside from the first week. We've now seen all his abilities and just have to nail down second portals. The reason I'm bitter about what I listed is because it's really, really simple stuff that we shouldn't be losing anyone to.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

StumblyWumbly posted:

I can believe it, I guess it would help if we have a spike targetter, so we don't waste time hitting the 2 spikes that can stay up or whatever?

only one has to die, the other 7 can stay up. at 4:45 in esthi's vid we burn down the first spine (targeting through our tank), check if regulos is taking normal damage and then get back on him. if he doesn't go back to normal damage after the first spine, we burn another, and then another, etc.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Kreczor posted:

I'm not concerned about someone who tanked Regulos for the first time wiping us on shambler. Add that to the first time we made it to second portals: me calling them out at the wrong time(zoness!:argh:) cost us the wipe. Aside from that, I think a month + worth of wipes would be enough for the regulars to understand the basic mechanics.

You're going to have to explain what I have to do with Regulos mechanics.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Zoness posted:

You said in mumble that 30% was 2nd portal phase. So he called it out at 30% without the mechanic having started.

Kreczor posted:

...burn tentacles faster...

StumblyWumbly posted:

...spike...spikes....

Spines! Spines of Death!

edit: it will be kind of hilarious when we down Salvarola tonight and still haven't cleared EE :smith:

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Anyone mind throwing an old Riftgoon a re-invite to the guild?

Old character - Akai

New character - Akaii :argh:

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Zoness posted:

Tell me all about not getting immediate threat on Crucia :allears:.

I got auto'd without even targetting her :argh:.

I can honestly say I haven't had anyone die recently once I got the timing down, clearing threat after she becomes targettable is bullshit.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Zoness posted:

Hey, it's not completely your fault. It even says in KBM when his portals go up and at which percent, I just pulled a dumb. Still, always blame zoness. Even when zoness is in another raiding guild, on another shard, on another cluster, it's somehow his fault.

:argh: Zoness :argh:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Kreczor posted:

Hey, it's not completely your fault. It even says in KBM when his portals go up and at which percent, I just pulled a dumb. Still, always blame zoness. Even when zoness is in another raiding guild, on another shard, on another cluster, it's somehow his fault.

:argh: Zoness :argh:

I learned that transferring shards destroys marriages :smith:

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Zoness posted:

Is this an obscure Andry reference?

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

Zoness posted:

rip your beautiful drunk wedding memories

rawr im a tree
Jul 4, 2008

Daerc posted:

rip your beautiful drunk wedding memories

We were married for over two years.

My life will never be the same again. :smith:

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

rawr im a tree posted:

My life will never be the same again. :smith:

You're right, your life got better!

Any point to ingame marraige besides boredom/RP?

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

KaneTW posted:

Great a video of how am I used to doing it. More movement as we're doing means dps loss and less stacking, more deaths.

I don't understand why we run to the other side. Can anyone explain what we are avoiding because it can be worked around.

There is no need to move out on crash of souls. Power drain and heal through it. Low hps? Use an endurance vial or one of those 70 END rift consumables. No one should die.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
So I've been messing around with my cleric.

I noticed that you can equip a wand. But my character never sems to use his wand in any way, except to presumably gain the bonuses from it. Is there an advantage of the two-handed staff/hammer/etc. I normally use? If so, how do I use the wand? I spend most of my time at range, casting spells, so my melee weapon hardly ever gets used.

Should I ever bother with those off-hand items that increase your spell power? Whenever I find one of those, I can never seem to find an actual useful weapon to match it. Even when adding both sets of bonuses, I always end up having better bonuses with just the single two-handed weapon I currently possess (particularly spell power).

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.
For clerics, wands and weapons are purely stat sticks nothing is dependent on weapon damage. (edit: well if you go druid or shaman you get autoattack damage from your weapon but any hotkey you push is a spell cast not a melee attack, technically)

2-handed weapon has always been the best stats for me!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Daler Mehndi posted:

So I've been messing around with my cleric.

I noticed that you can equip a wand. But my character never sems to use his wand in any way, except to presumably gain the bonuses from it. Is there an advantage of the two-handed staff/hammer/etc. I normally use? If so, how do I use the wand? I spend most of my time at range, casting spells, so my melee weapon hardly ever gets used.

Should I ever bother with those off-hand items that increase your spell power? Whenever I find one of those, I can never seem to find an actual useful weapon to match it. Even when adding both sets of bonuses, I always end up having better bonuses with just the single two-handed weapon I currently possess (particularly spell power).

What is your character name? You really need the "You're a wizard 'arry" guild rank.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Eltoasto posted:

What is your character name? You really need the "You're a wizard 'arry" guild rank.

Mcdorf on Laethys, but I imagine I may be on the wrong server. I didn't look at this thread so I just picked the recommended server.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Daler Mehndi posted:

Mcdorf on Laethys, but I imagine I may be on the wrong server. I didn't look at this thread so I just picked the recommended server.

Deepwood is the goon server.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!
gently caress YES JUST KILLED SALVAROLA

3 of 4 before 9 of 9.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Daerc posted:

3 of 4 before 9 of 9.

Only something like 280 attempts :suicide:

Amory got Ring of Flaring Intellect

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Daerc posted:

3 of 4 before 9 of 9.

Well I'm glad Vandee got SOME joy this week. Now carry me through it.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Congrats! :v:

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Daler Mehndi posted:

Free transfers once a week :)

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Decairn posted:

Great a video of how am I used to doing it. More movement as we're doing means dps loss and less stacking, more deaths.

I don't understand why we run to the other side. Can anyone explain what we are avoiding because it can be worked around.

There is no need to move out on crash of souls. Power drain and heal through it. Low hps? Use an endurance vial or one of those 70 END rift consumables. No one should die.

The positioning we use gives us a shorter run to the portals, and we're still fairly tight on that phase. I think you're right about the soul crash, I've stopped moving out of it and haven't died yet, but I'm super tough and strong.

We tried moving behind the tanks at one point. I like the idea but it just didn't work for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

deimos posted:

- AE cleanse? Check.
- AE interrupt? Check.
- Reprieve? Check.
It was a much worse ST healer than Warden/Sent and Purifier, the AoE healing had mana issues and involved a lot of what may as well have been downtime since its conviction builders did abysmal damage and didn't proc anything useful.

• Locked thread