Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Sartana posted:

I love the idea of money being actually valuable and was excited, but I think that they went way overboard.

Through most of the story you always feel like you're trying to scrape together money (which fits in nicely with the characters and story), but between that final heist and a little bit of stock market silliness, you can pretty easily end up with so much money that you'll never really have to think about it again, unless you (for some strange reason) really want to own the deed to that golf course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
Not sure if this is a bug or what but it was interesting. Running from the cops, ran my car off a ramp into some deep water. Car settled perfectly on the floor. Noticed I didn't have an oxygen gauge. I thought since the windows were rolled up I had an "oxygen pocket" and was seriously impressed. Waiting for my 3 stars to go away in my little air bubble my health starts dropping.... I drown in my el camnio.

Second thing I feel the urge to share. During the mission where Trevor and Michael first meet while chasing Lazlow if you switch to cinematic cam, you hear Lazlow freaking out and talking to himself.... I thought it was a nice little touch and makes me really like all the little things R* did with the game

E: I am loving retarded.

Bro Nerd Alpha fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Sep 25, 2013

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Cumshot in the Dark posted:

Oh dammit, I jacked the fighter jet from the airbase and I can't store it.

I jacked the fighter jet and I was so happy because I managed to evade all the rockets thrown at me but the engine gave up for some reason and I crashed and died when I was flying over LS. :(

Cumshot in the Dark
Oct 20, 2005

This is how we roll

Stiggs posted:

Can I seriously only save one plane in this massive hangar I just bought? :(

The Los Santos International holds at least 2 purchased planes.
Now I kind of want to find someway to remove my learjet and see if I can jam a stolen F-16 there.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Stiggs posted:

Can I seriously only save one plane in this massive hangar I just bought? :(

Hit right on the d-pad in the hangar. It does have multiple "slots" for bought aircraft. I think you can only store one stolen one at a time and switching plans might erase that one, though.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Castor Poe posted:

Where did you find them?

So far I've seen two respawn spots. One is behind the gun shop in Chumash, southwest corner. Another is beneath the road in North Chumash, by the property Michael can buy. I forget the name of it, but the Lost bikers spawn there. Go a little bit south and you'll be on an overpass. Go under it, get molotov. So strange you can't buy these in Ammunation.

Also unlike in 3, each pickup gives you five bottles. And they respawn fairly quickly!

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
I can't believe that The Alan Parsons Project "I Wouldn't Want to Be Like You" is a track on the rock station.

That is just so loving cool, it's such a loving great jam, and mentally fun to drive to in real life and GTA. I would have never, ever figured to find it in a video game, since it is hardly a well known song. Well done Rockstar. Your music selection is fantastic by my standards, even if it is just for this one track.

Now, some Zappa on the classic rock station in GTA VI is next on the list.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Alright so is there any way I can skip the you-know-what mission? I am seriously not comfortable playing that. Shelving the game until I can go back to cruising down highways to Rihanna and stalking celebrities.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I think it's telling that in exactly none of these photos is a Franklin self-portrait. The kid's too generic and uninteresting compared to "mid-life crisis post-criminal-life crisis dad" and "insane psycho philosopher who draws the line at misogyny."

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Fail it a bunch of times and hit skip?

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock

Law posted:

Alright so is there any way I can skip the you-know-what mission? I am seriously not comfortable playing that. Shelving the game until I can go back to cruising down highways to Rihanna and stalking celebrities.

OK I gotta know what exactly you are referring to here. Only maybe 1/5th a way through the game but I'm intrigued. Vaguely spoiler me, someone.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Damo posted:

OK I gotta know what exactly you are referring to here. Only maybe 1/5th a way through the game but I'm intrigued. Vaguely spoiler me, someone.

It's a mission where Trevor tortures an innocent guy in very close detail while casually making cracks about the ineffectiveness of torture. QTE's are involved.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Speedball posted:

I think it's telling that in exactly none of these photos is a Franklin self-portrait. The kid's too generic and uninteresting compared to "mid-life crisis post-criminal-life crisis dad" and "insane psycho philosopher who draws the line at misogyny."

Franklin's actually my favorite character. :3:

I like him as a neutral mediator that gets along well enough with both sides in the Michael/Trevor power struggle.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Law posted:

shoot the left-handed dude with a beard that's smoking

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Law posted:

I really cannot believe people who would buy a Grand Theft Auto game could be such enormous babies. But fear not, you don't need to shelve this game that you spent $60 and invested a ton of time into just because of a waterboarding cutscene. Apparently you can go ahead and shoot any random person as Michael and it ends.

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou
Where's the spoiler thread? It's not linked in the OP which was updated today, and I can't find the thread soooooo

Just a little request, can someone please tell me what happens in the Lazlo cutscene? I accidentally skipped it an I don't want to do that mission again, I hate driving the semi-truck. Thanks.

edit: wait, is THIS the spoiler thread? I don't even know anymore

HotCheetoChallenge fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Sep 25, 2013

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

lady blue shanghai posted:

Where's the spoiler thread? It's not linked in the OP which was updated today, and I can't find the thread soooooo

Just a little request, can someone please tell me what happens in the Lazlo cutscene? I accidentally skipped it an I don't want to do that mission again, I hate driving the semi-truck. Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Bod5IOlsrA

Starts at about 8 minutes.

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

webmeister posted:

Try and use the rudders to control the wobble (shoulder buttons), not the stick. Don't try and micro-correct every single wobble, just bring it back around when you get more than 20-30 degrees off course. And always keep a soft touch - it's difficult at first but it's not too hard to get a handle on with a bit of practice.

I just pretend I'm driving a flying boat, if you wait for half a second or so before pushing the controls in a new direction it's easier to fly since you don't get mixed up between the turbulence wobbles and your own control inputs.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

I am doing the Weed guy missions as Franklin and he told me to steal cars in the giant green circles. What am I suppose to be looking for anyways?

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou
@Spalec, I don't know why but I thought it wouldn't be on youtube yet. Naive of me I guess, thanks :3:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Fat_Cow posted:

I am doing the Weed guy missions as Franklin and he told me to steal cars in the giant green circles. What am I suppose to be looking for anyways?

I wondered the same thing at first, just drive all through the circle and eventually Franklin will recognize the right car.

RageBeef
Jul 27, 2010

TOASTY!

Speedball posted:

I think we need to fix that then.

Franklin is not amused by the mime photobombing his selfie.

Sartana
Jun 8, 2013

LeeMajors posted:

I bought the hangar with Trevor because 7k/flight is awesome, and I love the flight missions. But I'm a clueless loving noob anyways.
The hangar is a pretty good one but for the most part the return on the properties is nil. Some of them are fun, and that's reason enough to buy them for sure, but I just wish that it was actually a viable way to make money. It's just that much better when there's a real reward.

quote:

Through most of the story you always feel like you're trying to scrape together money (which fits in nicely with the characters and story), but between that final heist and a little bit of stock market silliness, you can pretty easily end up with so much money that you'll never really have to think about it again, unless you (for some strange reason) really want to own the deed to that golf course.
I never really felt like I was trying to scrape together money after the first heist, there was only one point when I was a little short on the tow truck company. I was able to coast by with car and gun mods and I deliberately was avoiding playing Lester's tips. In RDR, there were several times early on when I wanted some more tobacco and even later on when I wanted an expensive gun where I'd have to go out and find a way to make cash on the side. Maybe I'm just really weird but I totally dug this, it encouraged me to do the side stuff and play in the open world. I never really felt that necessity and even if I did I would've had no way to go out and make it, which fits with the story I guess, but I would've loved if there was actually a way to scrape up some money.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Late game mission involving hauling cars this long conversation between Trevor and Lamar is loving magical :allears:

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Cumshot in the Dark posted:

Oh dammit, I jacked the fighter jet from the airbase and I can't store it.

I managed to jack one with Franklin and through some quick save and character switching sorcery I managed to get it in Trevor's hands so he could store it in his hanger. It took about an hour, which probably would've been better spent trying to jack a new one with Trevor.

In my second to last attempt, Franklin was in the plane in the hanger when I rolled up with Trevor. Franklin then says "hey man I got stuff to do" and then guns it into the hanger wall killing us both. :v:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

tooooooo bad posted:

Late game mission involving hauling cars this long conversation between Trevor and Lamar is loving magical :allears:

I really wish you can hang with him. He is the best character in GTA V.

I will e shank anyone who disagrees.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

StabMasterArson posted:

Took some spooky pictures in the sewers and around LS:

Where are the sewer entrances? I remember one from the first heist but forgot where it was. Are they pretty extensive or is it mostly just the area you tear through on dirt bikes?

Darkness5780
Apr 22, 2010
So what is the point of putting certain clothes and outfits on the characters if they change out of them by the time you switch back to them?

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I was replaying the FIB building heist with some of the other gunmen options to see dialog variations and Norm Richards is a funny option, he's a total Michael fanboy and spends the whole time kissing rear end and acting like a starstruck teenager. "Did you see that, M? I smoked that guy!"

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Wow, five seconds with these G-men and I already want to shoot them. In fact I'm wondering why that isn't immediately the plan. "Oh, you're going to use me for a short while, then discard me. Been there, done that, seen the movie. Hey, this is a clandestine meeting place, right? Nobody knows why we're here? Well then... *pop pop pop* Nice knowing you guys!"

Apathetic Artist
Dec 23, 2010
Has anybody else ended up with negative money? Franklin has -26$.. This is right after the final heist too. I check my account transactions and it shows Lester deposited the proper amount, but I've still got -26$ in my account and can't buy a thing.

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Shindragon posted:

I really wish you can hang with him. He is the best character in GTA V.

I will e shank anyone who disagrees.
But... you can.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Irsh posted:

This is right after the final heist too.

You don't get your money from the final heist until the post-game, so I wouldn't worry about that just yet.

The negative money thing is weird though. Can't say I've seen that happen.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Lamar? I thought you couldn't. But then again I mostly try to call him through texts so my fault on that one. I haven't really touched the whole hanging out thing. I probably should at least get all three main characters in one truck and see how fun that gets.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

tooooooo bad posted:

It's amazing how a mission that's literally just a 20 minute drive in a slow rear end, hard to drive truck became one of my favorite moments in the game just because of the dialogue.

edit:VVV Next time you hang with Lamar as Trevor, call up Frank. "Franklin! Me and Lamar are gonna hood it up you should come!"

Orange Crush Rush fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Sep 25, 2013

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Shindragon posted:

Lamar? I thought you couldn't. But then again I mostly try to call him through texts so my fault on that one. I haven't really touched the whole hanging out thing. I probably should at least get all three main characters in one truck and see how fun that gets.
I definitely hung out with him as Trevor, which was as awesome as you expect.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Vargs posted:

I really cannot believe people who would buy a Grand Theft Auto game could be such enormous babies. But fear not, you don't need to shelve this game that you spent $60 and invested a ton of time into just because of a waterboarding cutscene. Apparently you can go ahead and shoot any random person as Michael and it ends.

Oh gently caress off.

Apathetic Artist
Dec 23, 2010
Yup, Franklin did not get any of the final heist money because... well I'm not sure... he's now earning money properly, but when I first switched back to him post credits, he had -26$. So be warned folks, you can lose out on earning money somehow.

Dragonatrix posted:

You don't get your money from the final heist until the post-game, so I wouldn't worry about that just yet.

The negative money thing is weird though. Can't say I've seen that happen.

Unfortunately, this is post credits and every other character has earned their share. Only Franklin missed out. I have no idea how this occurred, but definitely a frustrating bug. He's absolutely useless to me because I couldn't be bother to even attempt to earn any money for him and basically start fresh.

Blarfo
Jul 17, 2007
I know we're all against torture and execution but I found that the "forced ragdoll" button is the best thing in the game.

If you jump and press Circle (I think it's B on Xbox?) you go into a ragdoll immediately. You can even bring back your favorite old execution devices like a makeshift guillotine!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnr4MF3MTVo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Orange Crush Rush posted:

It's amazing how a mission that's literally just a 20 minute drive in a slow rear end, hard to drive truck became one of my favorite moments in the game just because of the dialogue.

edit:VVV Next time you hang with Lamar as Trevor, call up Frank. "Franklin! Me and Lamar are gonna hood it up you should come!"
I can never get the Big Three together, one of them is always busy, so Lamar is my backup homeboy.

I still need to get him and Franklin together for a movie. I was close to one once and Lamar was talking about how he wanted to go see a show and make white people uncomfortable by shouting at the screen. But there were no movies playing and the game just ate my $40 :(

• Locked thread