Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Arujei posted:

I wish that mech in the lower right was Atlas Cop, but I think it's meant to suggest mire or muddy conditions.

It's Atlas Cop wading through :pgi:'s Brown Sea.

Voyager I fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Sep 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

PoptartsNinja posted:

Spot the dreaded Far Country environmental hazard!

I will never stop wondering what came of that strange disease my Mechwarrior picked up on that planet. I could almost imagine seeing Clan Diamond Shark in the future and discovering they've all started hallucinating that they're Tetatae, running around Squawking and worshiping Locust.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

You're a good man, PTN.

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night
Have my old feet stumbled at graves!

T.G. Xarbala posted:

You're a good man, PTN.
Whatever happened to ~*LYRAN MECH REPORTER*~ Bethany Cochrane, anyway? Especially now that Lestrade's out, and presumably his corrupt buddy AtlasCop with him...

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Spot the dreaded Far Country environmental hazard!

You've got the nuke on there twice. Since I figured you could probably use one for an immediate nuclear threat (i.e. just before or after the bombs hit), I modified one to be plain ol' background radiation.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Arujei posted:

Whatever happened to ~*LYRAN MECH REPORTER*~ Bethany Cochrane, anyway?

What are you talking? She's been there the whole time!

See?

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Far top left is clearly "Megaman on premises".

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

PoptartsNinja posted:

Intervening hexes count both horizontally and vertically. Due to the elevation change, the technically empty height 3 hex is intervening. Try it in MegaMek, I will be amazed if it lets you take the shot.

A megamek-based campaign I'm in has 'pillars' maps with a forest of random single hex spikes up to 8 z-levels above the surrounding area. Megamek permits units adjacent to the base of these hexes to shoot units at the summit and vice versa.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Ah, well, maybe I'm mistaken. Try it with tac-ops LOS on and I'm pretty sure it'll block the shot.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Arujei posted:

Whatever happened to ~*LYRAN MECH REPORTER*~ Bethany Cochrane, anyway? Especially now that Lestrade's out, and presumably his corrupt buddy AtlasCop with him...

I'd imagine she's still out there. Viper News Network is always on the lookout for a scoop.

Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle
Awwww, that's the last round of Jeronimo. :w:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
That can't be Bethany! Nothing's on fire!

VVV T.G., you are a good person. I knew there was something funny about that Redacted!

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Sep 24, 2013

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

That can't be Bethany! Nothing's on fire!

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

I want a new avatar.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

TildeATH posted:

I want a new avatar.
Tell me if you're serious, because if you aren't I'll take it.

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

raverrn posted:

Tell me if you're serious, because if you aren't I'll take it.

I'd like to take it as an avatar, but :effort: and :10bux:/2.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

No, that's silly. It's not even animated.

You'd clearly rather have something like this:

Or if your name happens to be "Nothing's On Fire" then it would be appropriate to take this:

Of if you'd prefer to be unobtrusive:

May want to ask someone to give you the GoonLance gang tag too while you're at it.*

*I don't know how you get gang tags or what this would entail. I assume bribery.

Can't believe I wasted an hour or so on this when I'm supposed to be working.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

T.G. Xarbala posted:

May want to ask someone to give you the GoonLance gang tag too while you're at it.*

*I don't know how you get gang tags or what this would entail. I assume bribery.
You give it to yourself when setting up your avatar.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

T.G. Xarbala posted:

I'd imagine she's still out there. Viper News Network is always on the lookout for a scoop.

the heroic reporter Battlearmor No just a large man in a trenchcoat sir. is so precious. :allears:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

JT Jag posted:

You give it to yourself when setting up your avatar.

Well shucks.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

I admit I wish the answer was bribery.
Also any and all art coming out of this thread is just great stuff. Makes me smile.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

T.G. Xarbala posted:

No, that's silly. It's not even animated.

You'd clearly rather have something like this:

Or if your name happens to be "Nothing's On Fire" then it would be appropriate to take this:

Of if you'd prefer to be unobtrusive:

You really are great!

Kirenski
Sep 5, 2012
Those artwork are awesome.

I didn't even notice the battle armour in the trench coat until now.

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010
Wait, it's a Hunchback, isn't it?

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Hunchback IIC.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Pretty sure he's referring to the Fedora Elemental.

Don't ask me how he's holding that microphone with a small laser. Probably duct tape. Or magic.

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011
Stuck it down the barrel.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

Don't ask me how he's holding that microphone with a small laser. Probably duct tape. Or magic.

He equipped a microphone in the modular weapons mount.

Elementals actually have a modular weapons mount that lets them swap to any gun that fits that limb. Which gets really scary when the AP Gauss Rifle comes into play. APGR Elementals are ridiculously scary.

Why? An APGR does 3 damage at 3/6/9 range, and 2d6 anti-infantry damage. It gives them enough range to threaten a ton of things, enough anti-infantry firepower to murder anything that isn't a platoon of Manei Domini, and enough regular firepower to make mechs take serious notice.

Tiny
Oct 26, 2003
My leg hurts....
This next round should result in a *LOT* of damage dealt on the Reservation... OpFor and Players alike. I think we're all taking chances on blasting the hell out of each other.

Wish the players luck with the dice gods, please.

Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle
Max damage... I'm guessing the Firebee is jumping to 1116 to attempt to justice foot and alpha the Quasit while the Watchman takes up position at 1317 to alpha and kick from behind while it's at a +1 movement modifier?

Readingaccount fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Sep 26, 2013

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Tiny posted:

This next round should result in a *LOT* of damage dealt on the Reservation... OpFor and Players alike. I think we're all taking chances on blasting the hell out of each other.

Wish the players luck with the dice gods, please.

Just keep on swinging and they'll go down. It's the last game of the season, you can't hold anything back.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

PoptartsNinja posted:

Clan Bullshit should be a familiar thing.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

I discovered this thread on monday, and read up to page 152 before my mind fried.

What post inspired that hilarious "Viper Watch News Network" fanart on the 1st page?

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

tuluk posted:

What post inspired that hilarious "Viper Watch News Network" fanart on the 1st page?

There are LAPBaRISPH scholars in this thread that will be able to answer this question and cite it properly. All I remember is that there was an Atlas with a whistle involved.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

tuluk posted:

I discovered this thread on monday, and read up to page 152 before my mind fried.

I really, really couldn't say.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

The answer is in his post. It happened because minds fried. We call it Thread Madness and it happens occasionally.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
I'm pretty sure we were discussing the inefficiencies of Clan information gathering at the time.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

PoptartsNinja posted:

I'm pretty sure we were discussing the inefficiencies of Clan information gathering at the time.

If I remember right, it occurred during the Operation: Himinbjörg scenario. People who were new to Battletech were all :wtc: at the byzantine intricacies of the Lyran Commonwealth's various intelligence and counter-intelligence and counter-counter-intelligence agencies. This in turn led to a tangent about the other various factions' own intelligence and counter-intelligence divisions and somehow we ended up with ~*LYRAN MECH REPORTER*~ Bethany Cochrane trying for a Trial of Possession exclusive interview with Duke Aldo Lestrade for all of the secrets* according to Steiner Rules Dueling Tradition.

*All of them. All of the secrets.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Technical Difficulties

For some reason, my copy of GIMP has decided that the Yantai Reservation map is un-editable. It'll let me move the `Mechs around but I can't draw any movement lines. I'm going to try to figure this out, but I may need to make an alternate method of showing how the players moved this turn.

Please bear with me.

Nevermind, issue resolved. It decided to work again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle
Cochraine actually... yeah I know... what can I say, I like words.

• Locked thread