Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Macaluso posted:

Um did you mix up your cosplay picture with a picture of the real thing? :psyduck:

No dude, she is the girl holding the bottle for Johnny Depp. Obviously not a nugget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stavrogin
Feb 6, 2010

Angry Avocado posted:

holy poo poo dude

I'm truly unable to believe that's anyone but Johnny Depp.

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~

Stavrogin posted:

I'm truly unable to believe that's anyone but Johnny Depp.

Same. I kinda wanna see the poster in regular clothing to see if he still looks like Johnny Depp without the specific clothes or makeup.

Seriously, probably one of the best cosplay I've ever seen.

leg bones
Jan 14, 2011

co-dependent villain

cuntvalet posted:

Same. I kinda wanna see the poster in regular clothing to see if he still looks like Johnny Depp without the specific clothes or makeup.

Seriously, probably one of the best cosplay I've ever seen.

my face is rounder than johnny's, and my cheeks aren't so sunken, theyre pretty full. but i do get comments a lot from people saying I look like him, especially if i'm wearing glasses.
here are some nice blurry pics!
i'm really active on instagram as sparrowpdx

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Seriously man just loving admit you're Depp and stop making excuses, those pictures aren't helping your case.

leg bones
Jan 14, 2011

co-dependent villain

poptart_fairy posted:

Seriously man just loving admit you're Depp and stop making excuses, those pictures aren't helping your case.

haha, well..I dont look as much like him in the Sweeney pic. That first Jack pic I posted came out really good, I think I got the expression down.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Your face is noticably rounder but everything else about you is in doppleganger territory.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

SheepNameKiller posted:

Your face is noticably rounder but everything else about you is in doppleganger territory.

The third pic it was more obvious, but even then it looks like Johnny Depp just ate some peanuts and swelled up a bit.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I would also like to express some love for that Orpheus. Did he do the voice?

leg bones
Jan 14, 2011

co-dependent villain

Ignite Memories posted:

I would also like to express some love for that Orpheus. Did he do the voice?

He had the tone perfect, but his volume was a low whisper. He was a little shy, I think I was the first person to ask him to do the voice.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

leg bones posted:

haha, well..I dont look as much like him in the Sweeney pic. That first Jack pic I posted came out really good, I think I got the expression down.

Needs more Raoul Duke.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

leg bones posted:

He had the tone perfect, but his volume was a low whisper. He was a little shy, I think I was the first person to ask him to do the voice.

My husband did Dr. Orpheus for Halloween one year, and delighted in doing the voice at top volume, but he's kind of an exhibitionist.

It's always fun to intersperse some lines by Dr. Strange from the comics. My favorite is a line from Avengers: Illuminati where he says "I can't get hockey scores on the astral plane." Read it in the Dr. Orpheus voice, you will laugh.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Doc Strange should always be read in an Orpheus voice. All of them. Loudly.

Flanker
Sep 10, 2002

OPERATORS GONNA OPERATE
After a good night's sleep
Hey guys this is last minute but there's a charity event looking for super hero costumers near Toronto. The event is in Bowmanville on Saturday, pm me for details

Here's a pic don't yell at me (Fanexpo Toronto)

http://i.imgur.com/6fsPjks.jpg

Killer_Frost
Nov 30, 2011

I hit my nephew yet I don't hesitate to judge other people's parenting skills.
PS MY BABY CAROLINE CAN NEVER SHARE A LAP WITH BALLS. Lol

Flanker posted:

Hey guys this is last minute but there's a charity event looking for super hero costumers near Toronto. The event is in Bowmanville on Saturday, pm me for details

Here's a pic don't yell at me (Fanexpo Toronto)

http://i.imgur.com/6fsPjks.jpg

I might know so,e folks up that way. I don't have PM's though.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Bat Ham posted:

Wow. I've seen a lot of Game of Thrones cosplay that just comes off as just "generic fantasy person #8" but they nailed it.

Not hating on the series, but doesn't this sum up the aesthetic of Game of Thrones perfectly?

leg bones posted:

my face is rounder than johnny's, and my cheeks aren't so sunken, theyre pretty full. but i do get comments a lot from people saying I look like him, especially if i'm wearing glasses.

This is terrifyingly good.

Flanker
Sep 10, 2002

OPERATORS GONNA OPERATE
After a good night's sleep

Killer_Frost posted:

I might know so,e folks up that way. I don't have PM's though.

Nicola.llewellyn12@gmail.com

She's the organizer, hope to see you there!

And another Fanexpo pic
http://i.imgur.com/FKgEErO.jpg

Killer_Frost
Nov 30, 2011

I hit my nephew yet I don't hesitate to judge other people's parenting skills.
PS MY BABY CAROLINE CAN NEVER SHARE A LAP WITH BALLS. Lol

Flanker posted:

She's the organizer, hope to see you there!

I passed it on to a friend north of the border. Hopefully they can get something hooked up. ;)

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009

The fabled "Camel Spider Toe"

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Boomerjinks posted:

It has been nearly a year since I started trying to get all three of these things in the same place at the same time. Finally got them together.

Need an Akira bike or 1:1 Bebop.

drat that scooter is sick.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

Haruharuharuko posted:

drat that scooter is sick.

You'd think so, wouldn't you.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Bowie exhibit at the AGO in Toronto.

Apathetic Artist
Dec 23, 2010

teethgrinder posted:

One of them is a goon, but he only lurks. I'll have to let him know he showed up in here.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Ah. My girlfriend, an AGO employee, took the picture.

ironveins
Nov 24, 2007
They like you better framed and dried.

teethgrinder posted:

Holy crap. The third Bowie from the right is dead on accurate. That's impressive.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

ironveins posted:

Holy crap. The third Bowie from the right is dead on accurate. That's impressive.

Wear the eyepatch, Bret. Wear the funky, funky eyepatch.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I was looking a bit at some character photos from Payday, thinking about how I could maybe make a costume (probably Dallas since the mask exists as a pre-made promo and I could make a mold/sculpt from it), when I found this:

...yeah. So Wolf and Chains are alright but it kinda falls apart by the time you get to Hoxton. Dallas is probably the worst Payday costume anybody could make. There's always "That Guy" in every cosplay group.

This one's better, but incomplete, and I really don't get the gasmask guy on the right:

Is it Chains, is it Dallas, is it a lazy guy who just brought the one mask he could find in his bedroom?

EddieDean
Nov 17, 2009

zenintrude posted:

Wear the eyepatch, Bret. Wear the funky, funky eyepatch.

I can't do a Bowie impression, but I do a great Jemaine as Bowie. It's been noticed at parties as Jemaine as Bowie.

sturgeon general
Jun 27, 2005

Smells like sushi.

King Vidiot posted:

This one's better, but incomplete, and I really don't get the gasmask guy on the right:

Is it Chains, is it Dallas, is it a lazy guy who just brought the one mask he could find in his bedroom?

The guy on the right is supposed to be Mr. Foster from Killing Floor (he's holding British pounds w/ "KILLING FLOOR" on them)

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I really haven't played Killing Floor enough and I need to fix that.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

erotic dad posted:

The guy on the right is supposed to be Mr. Foster from Killing Floor (he's holding British pounds w/ "KILLING FLOOR" on them Dosh! Grab it all! Money money money!)

Had to fix that for you.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

leg bones posted:

i'm really active on instagram as sparrowpdx

You are in the middle of this video! I can't believe I didn't see you at RCCC. :argh:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOK06rboTAY

Hydrolith
Oct 30, 2009

Is the orange zip tie around the minigun barrel so that people know it's not a real minigun?

If so, that's goddamn hilarious.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

teethgrinder posted:

What's the proper term for a group of Bowies? A glam of Bowies?

Thunderfinger
Jan 15, 2011

Fister Roboto posted:

A labyrinth.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hydrolith posted:

Is the orange zip tie around the minigun barrel so that people know it's not a real minigun?

If so, that's goddamn hilarious.

Conventions actually have weapons check, yeah.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Fister Roboto posted:

Homo Superior

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Fister Roboto posted:

A dance.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Fister Roboto posted:

An oddity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hydrolith
Oct 30, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Conventions actually have weapons check, yeah.

That's the thing. A minigun is not a real weapon, at least not in individual-portable format. You might as well put bright orange on the end of your ostentatious sci fi super laser rifles (or whatever)

• Locked thread