Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I have like an in-betweener design of the new icon and old icon, maybe that would work best? Would fit into iOS7 and the new icon shape while being different than the Awful 2 icon.

http://imgur.com/a/Jgxt3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

jojoinnit posted:

I had a whole post typed up about the light/dark theme toggle switch behaving erratically, like randomly taking several seconds to respond but I have a bigger issue (that you probably just got the crash report for) to report: it ate the post and crashed to home! One image to be uploaded from the library. Let me know if I can paste anything useful from console. v:shobon:v

Already pushed a fix. For the crash anyway—the upload would have failed and I don't yet know why.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

The Dave posted:

I have like an in-betweener design of the new icon and old icon, maybe that would work best? Would fit into iOS7 and the new icon shape while being different than the Awful 2 icon.

http://imgur.com/a/Jgxt3

Works for me, pop it into Xcode! On the branch called "old".

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Round every corner.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

jojoinnit posted:

Round every corner.

For great justice

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Is this going to be a new app or just an update?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Also

Diabolik900 posted:

To be clear for anyone who isn't following it, I was building Awful 2 from source. It's definitely not ready yet.
:smith:

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

I still love it just the way it is.

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

Diabolik900 posted:

This beta feels really weird after using Awful 2 for the past few weeks. So far so good though.

Edit: I actually thought this was the Awful 2 development thread. To be clear for anyone who isn't following it, I was building Awful 2 from source. It's definitely not ready yet.

so is awful 2 gonna be the one with non-webkit rendering or has that been abandoned

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Malcolm XML posted:

so is awful 2 gonna be the one with non-webkit rendering or has that been abandoned

ultramiraculous did some namesake work on it, but I cut it for the initial release. Lots of work to do even without futzing with Text Kit.

WebKit rendering is still by far the biggest source of crashes though, so I still want to fix that.

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

pokeyman posted:

ultramiraculous did some namesake work on it, but I cut it for the initial release. Lots of work to do even without futzing with Text Kit.

WebKit rendering is still by far the biggest source of crashes though, so I still want to fix that.

I will find time to upgrade the settings toolkit I swear.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

I apologize if this has been asked recently but my phone isn't displaying this app correctly.

Just upgraded from my iPhone 4S to the 5s today. Awful app was working fine this morning on the 4s-upgraded to 5s and it crashes and will only let me bring up a few posts from this thread. Any ideas?

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

Did you try reinstalling it? That normally fixes a lot of issues people have.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Terminal Entropy posted:

Did you try reinstalling it? That normally fixes a lot of issues people have.

Yep that worked. Thanks!

echobucket
Aug 19, 2004
I downloaded the beta code from github and got it compiled and on my phone and it's great looking. However, the "endless" scrolling is messing with my head. I guess I'll get used to it.

Edit: I also found a bug.. I'm on the bookmarks page and the hamburger button is missing. Where do we report stuff like that?

Edit2: never mind, I did a git pull today and recompiled and it's fixed this issue.

echobucket fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Sep 25, 2013

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I just noticed a weird bug. If I copy/paste the entirety of John Galt's speech from Atlas Shrugged into a post and hit submit, the app crashes.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Francodipshit posted:

I just noticed a weird bug. If I copy/paste the entirety of John Galt's speech from Atlas Shrugged into a post and hit submit, the app crashes.

works as intended WONTFIX

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

echobucket posted:

I downloaded the beta code from github and got it compiled and on my phone and it's great looking. However, the "endless" scrolling is messing with my head. I guess I'll get used to it.

What endless scrolling?

Sereri posted:

works as intended WONTFIX

We should totally triage each other's bugs.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Also pi to one million decimal places just caused the same issue. There seems to be some odd behavior when I make effort posts.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I've noticed since I've gotten my 5S that the create new post button is a lot harder to press. Its like the image and the actual spot that triggers the touch and action are off somehow. Its almost like I have to press below where the actual icon is.

echobucket
Aug 19, 2004

pokeyman posted:

What endless scrolling?

When I get to the bottom of a page, if I push further, it automatically just switches to the next page. If I'm scrolling through a page too quickly, sometimes I'll end up on the next page without intending to.

a glorious hole
Nov 21, 2012

echobucket posted:

When I get to the bottom of a page, if I push further, it automatically just switches to the next page. If I'm scrolling through a page too quickly, sometimes I'll end up on the next page without intending to.

The current app store Awful does this too? I've never had an issue with it.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
There is "pull for next page", which was way too sensitive in a previous version but is fine now.

echobucket
Aug 19, 2004

withak posted:

There is "pull for next page", which was way too sensitive in a previous version but is fine now.

Ah, that's what is was, I just tried it again and it's much better right now.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Mahoning posted:

I've noticed since I've gotten my 5S that the create new post button is a lot harder to press. Its like the image and the actual spot that triggers the touch and action are off somehow. Its almost like I have to press below where the actual icon is.

I'll play around with it. Anyone else finding the same thing?

echobucket
Aug 19, 2004

My back button has gone missing again.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

echobucket posted:

My back button has gone missing again.

It was overrated.

Seriously though, is that from the master branch? I use it constantly and haven't noticed the button go missing.

echobucket
Aug 19, 2004

pokeyman posted:

It was overrated.

Seriously though, is that from the master branch? I use it constantly and haven't noticed the button go missing.

Yep. I'm building the 'beta' configuration. Should I be building a different way?

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

Where do I sign up for the beta I'm getting bored on manually building awful.ipa

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

pokeyman posted:

I'll play around with it. Anyone else finding the same thing?

Happens to me on my 4S as well. It's like I need to press the left side of the button or something. iOS7.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Happens to me all the time. Figured I'd wait until it's feature-complete before I worried about reporting bugs like that. Swiping still works whether the buttons there or not so it doesn't bother me.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

echobucket posted:

Yep. I'm building the 'beta' configuration. Should I be building a different way?

Nope, you got it right.

Can we take the Awful 2 discussion over to its own thread please? I'm getting confused.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Mahoning posted:

I should've asked, is this in Awful 1 or the in-development Awful 2? And you're having trouble with the compose button on the top right of the screen when you're reading a thread?

Can't seem to reproduce this issue but I want to make sure.

Kailtor
Jun 7, 2005

fucking kailtor

Ask me about my lifetime subscription

:ughh: :ughh:
I took the liberty of uploading a video showing this on Awful 1. (mostly because I'm bored and wanted to try out video uploading) Yes, it's a vertical video. Deal with it! Maybe I should have used an artsy filter too?

https://vimeo.com/75468136

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Kailtor posted:

I took the liberty of uploading a video showing this on Awful 1. (mostly because I'm bored and wanted to try out video uploading) Yes, it's a vertical video. Deal with it! Maybe I should have used an artsy filter too?

YES! Thank god I'm not the only one. It's been driving me crazy.

To be clear, it doesn't actually happen every time.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Kailtor posted:

Now this is a bug report!

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Needs more slo-mo.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Can you make it possible to open/copy the URL for YouTube embeds? Whenever I get one that tells me "embedding disabled" I'm just SOL.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Kazy posted:

Can you make it possible to open/copy the URL for YouTube embeds? Whenever I get one that tells me "embedding disabled" I'm just SOL.

Does a long-tap not work for you? I admittedly didn't test that feature very thoroughly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I'm not sure it's worth the effort to even add the functionality to this build of the app, but when you tap and hold on a thread title in a forum now should "Filter by tag" also be an option, or just leave it to that button up top?

I'm also not thrilled with the styling of that but again, not sure I care to fuss over it on this soon to be old build.

• Locked thread