Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

BryanChavez posted:

So, CM Punk is obviously a Zenith Caste, I think we all know that. I feel that Danielson is our violent, brutal Dawn, and El Generico is our mysterious and flippy as gently caress Night. I'd want Colt Cabana, given his podcast and general appearance of being a friendly, amiable and fun-loving guy, to be our Eclipse. I'm stuck on who takes the Twilight slot, here, though.

If only I had some award for the nerdiest post ever made in this forum, I would give it to you. This crosses over. I love it. I have no idea if he is still wrestling or even alive but I pick Chris Hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Winson_Paine posted:

If only I had some award for the nerdiest post ever made in this forum, I would give it to you. This crosses over. I love it. I have no idea if he is still wrestling or even alive but I pick Chris Hero.

he's Kassius Ohno in NXT now.

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

And the cats in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man on the moon
"When you coming home, dad?"
"I don't know when
We'll get together then son you know we'll have a good time then."

BryanChavez posted:

So, CM Punk is obviously a Zenith Caste, I think we all know that. I feel that Danielson is our violent, brutal Dawn, and El Generico is our mysterious and flippy as gently caress Night. I'd want Colt Cabana, given his podcast and general appearance of being a friendly, amiable and fun-loving guy, to be our Eclipse. I'm stuck on who takes the Twilight slot, here, though.

I would play a Twilight Caste Vince McMahon.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

I wonder what Owen Hart's Abyssal name would be.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Winson_Paine posted:

I once made a groggy as hell post in the Greg Stolze thread about how CM Punk actively tried to ascend to the Statosphere on Monday Night Raw. I regretted it a little while later.

MiltonSlavemasta posted:

I would play a Twilight Caste Vince McMahon.

Vince McMahon is totally a Deathlord and Stone Cold was his renegade Abyssal.

BryanChavez
Sep 13, 2007

Custom: Heroic
Having A Life: Fair

Bosushi! posted:

I once made a groggy as hell post in the Greg Stolze thread about how CM Punk actively tried to ascend to the Statosphere on Monday Night Raw. I regretted it a little while later.

The Pipe Bomb is absolutely an Avatar and you were entirely correct in your summation, you have nothing to regret.

And I feel that if we give the Abyssal slot to Stone Cold and Vinnie Mac, we're not going to have any room for the Ministry of Darkness.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Bosushi! posted:

Vince McMahon is totally a Deathlord and Stone Cold was his renegade Abyssal.
I presume the Undertaker is an Independent, of course. What is New Jack?

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

BryanChavez posted:

The Pipe Bomb is absolutely an Avatar and you were entirely correct in your summation, you have nothing to regret.

And I feel that if we give the Abyssal slot to Stone Cold and Vinnie Mac, we're not going to have any room for the Ministry of Darkness.

It was when he wore Macho Man's ring attire on the first Raw after his death. That night was also the anniversary of Owen Hart's death and during the main event he put Bret Hart in the Sharpshooter. It was a little creepy.

Concerning the Ministry, Vince McMahon was the "Higher Power" they served. It falls in line.

Good god I'm doing it again.

BryanChavez
Sep 13, 2007

Custom: Heroic
Having A Life: Fair
If this tells us anything, it's that Ex3 needs to make sure that a renegade Abyssal can overcome a Deathlord on their own, utilizing the Resplendent Stone Cold Stunner. Otherwise, the system is a disgusting failure.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
So the impression I'm getting is that Hulk Hogan was put through a Monstrance of Celestial Portion and took the name Hollywood?

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Stallion Cabana posted:

I don't want to use the WW forums because I have players in the game who frequent them, but none of them have SA accounts. In addition to this, most of them are also the people I would be relying on for balance chat, and I want to surprise them rather then sap the fun out of the game.

Goons of the Exalted Thread, would you guys be willing to look at some fluff and charms that I write to make sure they're decently balanced?

This got kinda buried in the Wrestalted chat, but I could certainly take a look at charms for you. Though the proper response would be to just run the Exalted setting in a less broken system, give Fate a whirl if you haven't yet.

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

Stallion Cabana posted:

I don't want to use the WW forums because I have players in the game who frequent them, but none of them have SA accounts. In addition to this, most of them are also the people I would be relying on for balance chat, and I want to surprise them rather then sap the fun out of the game.

Goons of the Exalted Thread, would you guys be willing to look at some fluff and charms that I write to make sure they're decently balanced?

Official news has been one big dry spell for months, why wouldn't we appreciate something new to point at and mockdiscuss? :v:

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Thanks goons.

A little background, of course;

I'm running a Shogunate game, like early early Shogunate. Because of this, I use a lot of stuff from Dreams through the mirror of 'What happened to this after the Solars and Lunars died'. So far it's effective, and right now I'm working on The Red Pupil. It's an order of Assassins from the First Age, and I really like them.

They aren't described a lot, but why I like them is because they show that, when you get down to it, under all the advanced magitech and stuff, the First Age was still a lot like the Realm. They still had disagreements and when they couldn't solve those by facestabbing, they did it by backstabbing.

I'm also a fan of Exalted's Wuxia roots in a lot of ways, and one of my favorite movies is The Five Deadly Venoms. So I kind of combined them into a single thing. I don't have any charms yet, but this is the basic idea;

Five Poisons Style
In the First Age, the Red Pupil was Creation’s most well known Assassin’s Guild. Their ranks were filled with all manner of people, from the lowest mortal to the highest Solar, who carried out their orders with efficiency. The way that the Red Pupil received these orders was shrouded in secrecy, but they carried them out regardless. They continued to exist for multiple reasons. In some ways, it was better to leave them around, because if someone simply hired an assassin to kill a competitor, it prevented a bloody war. Others did nothing to them because they relied on the services of the Assassins, but the end result was that the Red Pupil existed in a strange state where they were too useful to be killed, but still quite an annoyance.

To give their assassins the ability to take down their enemies, the more enlightened members of the group invented a single style, split in five parts, named after the venoms of the five deadliest creatures in Creation; Centipede, Scorpion, Snake, Lizard, and Toad. Focusing on poisoning enemies, the Five Poisons Style of Terrestrial Martial Arts was used mostly against those who lacked the appropriate defenses- obviously-, but was effective at this.

Five Poisons style is compatible with any weapon that can cut the skin and has been coated in poison that has a strength requirement of under 3 and lacks the /2 tag. It favors light blades that can nick an opponent and cause tremendous pain and death, and the practitioners can wear any armor that has no mobility penalty. The style is considered Wood Aspected.
---

The idea here is something similar to Even Blade- though less broken-, where there's a handful of charms that lead into a form, then you branch off into one of the five paths, and that's where you stay. In some ways this allows me to do less work- I only have to make a handful of split charms-, and shows the style has the same roots.

Do you feel this is a reasonable idea to put my players against, and if you do, do you have any idea of some charms that could be used? I was thinking the opener is a Join-Battle Enhancer, but rather then giving you dice or successes, it lets you reflexively coat one of your weapons in poison. I realize poison is seriously dangerous in Exalted- I am rather knowledgeable about them-, but assuming I avoid doing something like having the weakest character get two doses of Yozi Venom I should be okay.

As for playing Fate or whatever; I understand that it might be the better system, and I understand this will probably make me sound groggy as gently caress, but I wouldn't feel right asking my players to swap. We all play Exalted, and we have the trust we're not going to break it, and I know the system well enough to create good challenges, which I don't know if I could do in Fate. Also I always felt Fate was too fluffy for me, I like the crunch of Exalted, even if it's not exactly perfect.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos
I'm thinking you could have a little fallback, a default, moderate strength poison that the charms could create rather than being heavily dependent upon an expendable and uncertainly renewed resource.

That's just me though.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
It is not at all your fault for doing this since exalted really offers no alternative, but if it is not meant to be something the PCs can learn, stating it out as a full martial art is a bad idea.

NPCs don't have to, and should not, work the same way PCs do. I frequently broke the rules for NPCs, giving them more health/motes when they needed to be a threat to a team of exalts, making up effects that would be broken for a PC to have or just flat out magic powers without a charm write-up.

The fluff write up is a great idea, and what you put under the requirements shows your heart is in the right place in terms of thinking about how they work and what they look like, but stating what strength they need and the tags of weapons they use is missing the forest for the trees.

Focus on the kind of things you imagine a 5-poison stylist does in combat, the first one obviously being poisoning people. Now, poison can be an odd thing to work with since the effect it will have on players will vary a lot. A frail air aspect may suffer greatly if he has a poor resistance score, but an earth aspect may shrug it off easily, or just combat it using that poison purging charm from thousand correct actions. You may want to approach the idea of poison from a less literal "poke them with this dagger and cripple them" sense and go a little more esoteric with how they use poison, maybe a certain toxin may be harmful normally, but can give a benefit if you build a resistance to it, leaving your players to fighting a 'roided out ninja.

Ash Rose fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Sep 23, 2013

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger

axelsoar posted:

It is not at all your fault for doing this since exalted really offers no alternative, but if it is not meant to be something the PCs can learn, stating it out as a full martial art is a bad idea.

NPCs don't have to, and should not, work the same way PCs do. I frequently broke the rules for NPCs, giving them more health/motes when they needed to be a threat to a team of exalts, making up effects that would be broken for a PC to have or just flat out magic powers without a charm write-up.

Definitely agree with this.

When building custom content, only go through the hassle of fully fleshing and statting it out if it's going to wind up in the hands of the players.

Use broad strokes when planning out what your ninjas are capable of, save the charms trees for if one of your heroes seeks to learn their ways.

Lymond
May 30, 2013

Dark Lord in training

Stallion Cabana posted:

As for playing Fate or whatever; I understand that it might be the better system, and I understand this will probably make me sound groggy as gently caress, but I wouldn't feel right asking my players to swap. We all play Exalted, and we have the trust we're not going to break it, and I know the system well enough to create good challenges, which I don't know if I could do in Fate. Also I always felt Fate was too fluffy for me, I like the crunch of Exalted, even if it's not exactly perfect.

I'm currently playing on a 5yr+ weekly Exalted campaign in which we did that, too. Combat investment was low (a twinked-out chargen character would have been competitive with our 300+ XP characters), we did a lot of balance work, we had a gentleman's agreement to avoid paranoia combat... the system still broke down and was a pain to work with. We recently jettisoned it to use a combination of FATE for most things and Legends of the Wulin for combat specifically. So far it looks like a far superior option, even dealing with the issues of a frankensystem.

What I'm trying to say is, toss the Exalted system out and try something that actually works. You'll never look back.

Bellwether
Nov 4, 2009

Imperfection is beautiful!

Lymond posted:

What I'm trying to say is, toss the Exalted system out and try something that actually works. You'll never look back.

This is precisely what I am doing with Nobilis to revive my modern day game. After a couple hundred xp, combat became completely impossible to grind through (it was not helped by us having some characters be specced for combat and others not). One player did 47 levels of damage in a single attack. For a game that is all about having the supreme power of the gods themselves, it really doesn't handle high-end anything well.

Nobilis would make it far easier to crunch through and actually boost the power level available to individual characters, if they go all-out on something, so it fits my eventual plans for the campaign quite well. Plus, I'm just addicted to it and I've been craving a game for a while now.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

While I understand and am glad that you guys are supportive enough to offer ways and systems to use to replace it, I have to repeat it's not possible for me to do that.

I am not discounting your experiences. In fact, I think your experiences are the usual for the game. I am not saying you are liars or anything like that. But this group currently has one game at over 1000 XP, and multiple others at 500-700.

If there's someone who understands how bad the system breaks, it's them. But they make it work. I'm not the only ST for the group, in fact I'm the least experienced and the newest, but I understand the system, and they understand the system, and it manages to work. It's not that I don't want to- though I admit I really don't. I don't understand FATE, but I do understand Exalted-, or at least that's not the only reason I stick with it. I also stick with it because it's an Exalted game group. They play other games but rarely. It's a group about Exalted games, and if I didn't run it in Exalted it would be hard to get the players to continue to show up.

Lymond
May 30, 2013

Dark Lord in training

Stallion Cabana posted:

But this group currently has one game at over 1000 XP, and multiple others at 500-700.

If there's someone who understands how bad the system breaks, it's them. But they make it work. I'm not the only ST for the group, in fact I'm the least experienced and the newest, but I understand the system, and they understand the system, and it manages to work. It's not that I don't want to- though I admit I really don't. I don't understand FATE, but I do understand Exalted-, or at least that's not the only reason I stick with it. I also stick with it because it's an Exalted game group. They play other games but rarely. It's a group about Exalted games, and if I didn't run it in Exalted it would be hard to get the players to continue to show up.

The fact that your group can make Exalted work past Essence 4 is impressive. My hat's off to you and your table.

I'd love to help you with your CMA Charms, but whatever system chops I used to have for the Exalted engine evaporated after I started work on LotW (fun note: the wuxia style you want is part of the core LotW manual). However, we did amass a fair bit of custom content that might be useful to you here.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Judging fro mthe responses, I think that I will be better spent simply posting fluff stuff here for critque, rather then actual mechanical problems, as it seems most people don't use the mechanical Exalted system.

Not that this is a bad thing, I enjoy other people criticizing my Fluff, too many people I know are all sunshine and rainbows and never say a bad thing about anyone, so some direct criticism will be nice.

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus

Lymond posted:

The fact that your group can make Exalted work past Essence 4 is impressive. My hat's off to you and your table.

He didn't say anything about being past essence 4 - it's relatively easy to have 600+ xp characters who are still expanding their charms/skills/attributes while being essence 4.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Kenlon posted:

He didn't say anything about being past essence 4 - it's relatively easy to have 600+ xp characters who are still expanding their charms/skills/attributes while being essence 4.

They're Essence 5, actually. Or the main one is. Some of the others are higher or lower, but only one of them is actually above Essence 5, and that's the Infernals Devil-Tiger game. The Sidereal game is E4, the main game is E5.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

This is a double post, but an edit wouldn't bring up the topic; Here's a fluff piece for where I'm sending my players

The People of Masks

In the Forests of the East, deep in the sweltering Jungles, where the Dragon Kings once built massive ziggurats of sacrifices, there is an area of land called The Eternal Marsh. A Swampy, dense jungle, the only way to traverse the ground in the Marsh is to walk upon the trunks and roots of the massive trees that fill the entire area. It is within the middle of this marsh that The Rainbow Palace of Arilak sits, surrounded for a fifty miles in any direction by the Marsh, peering above the Marsh itself.

In this area, Arilak sometimes lets some of her menagerie roam, when the palace’s jungle itself becomes too cramped for her many pets. She does not fear for them, so long as they do not leave the sanctum of the Marsh, for they are protected by the People of Masks.

Originally, The People were just normal humans who went to Arilak to search for immortality, who came to her on a good day, or did some favor for her, and gained her blessing. But as the blessing is always a two-sided coin, most were forced to stay in the area- for the Eternal Marsh abounds in the freshwater necessary to prevent drying out-. Over time, they settled into a single group, and worked together to survive in the Marsh- though it was not dangerous for Arilak’s wonderful creatures, it was quite dangerous for mortals-, using large pillars of wood that they rolled over each other to move their village around the area- essentially, the entire village is built on large rolling tree trunks, which can be pushed or pulled either by a group effort or their Guardian Spirit- one of Arilak’s favored pets, a Jeweled Tyrant Lizard named Aido Wedo, who resides in the village-, to move the village around the Marsh.

Though she does not truly need it, The People of Masks function in some ways as Arilak’s ‘protectors’, and though she might never say it, there is some part of her that at least thinks of them as useful to her.

The name of The People of Masks comes from how they worship Arilak. As many of them originally came from different cultures, they needed a way to identify themselves, instead of interlopers- though they did not attack interlopers, they did not generally bring them to their village-, and Arilak herself suggested they wear masks of her pets, to show both their loyalty to her and to identify who is a tribesman and who is not. So each of the men and women picked a creature in Arilak’s Zoo they identified with, and crafted a mask out of wood, painted to be their personal mask.

As time drew on, this simply became the norm. Now, The People of Masks never look at each other without their masks. When a child is born, he is immediately masked in a blank face of wood. When he makes his Pilgrimage to Arilak’s Domain, where he receives her blessing, he decides then which of her pets he identifies most with, and crafts a mask in it’s likeness. Each mask has the person’s name cut into it, as well, but as a person gets older their mask becomes more and more customized- as they add feathers, skin, bones, or even exotic dyes to it-, as they are an expression of what the person has accomplished in their lifetime. When they die, the person’s body is left in the marsh to be eaten and returned to the Marsh, for a true cemetery would be to hard to continue to carry, aiding wait to the village without need, and the mask is placed inside a special hut in the village alongside the masks of others that have died. When this Hut becomes full, they move the entire building to the top of a nearby tree, then create a new hut to fill with the masks of their dead.

A Person of the Mask never removes his Mask, unless he is sure that he will die that day. It is dishonorable to remove your mask without dying, but there is no dishonor in removing it, rather, if you remove your mask, you show that you are accepting your death. If you fail to die, that is the dishonor.

Stallion Cabana fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Sep 29, 2013

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
Did you like that bit of fluff so much you posted it twice?

Seriously though, sounds kinda neat, what are you planning to use them for?

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

axelsoar posted:

Did you like that bit of fluff so much you posted it twice?

Seriously though, sounds kinda neat, what are you planning to use them for?

I...accidentally hit control V while attempting to hit Control B for bold, I guess. I fixed it.

The group is actually about to have to fix what is essentially a Tear in The Loom.

When the Solars of the First Age were starting to get really bad, they decided what they wanted was instant teleportation to the Demon Realm, for easier access to whatever they needed. They never really got past a few experimental stages before the Usurpation hit. In the intervening few years between then and the game starting, these things became kind of common. They pop up sometimes, Tears into Malfeas, Demonic Breaches, whatever you call them. They start off extremely small. Some First circle gets it's finger caught in it, and starts wiggling. The Pattern Spiders fight back against it, but eventually the Demon wins and The hole slowly gets bigger and bigger as the demon fights, until it comes through. From there, more and more First Circles slowly start falling through, as the hole gets bigger and bigger. Eventually, a Second Circle can crawl her way out. from there, more and more of them crawl out, until a Third Circle can crawl out.

If you let it get to that point, you're already probably hosed, but it only gets worse, because if it isn't dealt with by then, it's theorized- only in theory, but possible- that a Jouten could escape.

With Dragonbloods, the most important thing is sealing the breach before a Third Circle comes out. Because of how they work, sealing the breach also sends anything that came through it back to the Demon Realm, but that can be kind of hard if Ligier is standing in front of it.

To seal it, they need scales from a Barrier Dragon, which is one of Arilak's pets. Without good information on getting in, they'll have to convince The People of Masks to let them borrow Aido Wedo to take them into the palace itself, because you can't enter her palace without being on one of her pets.

Unfortunately, the Dragon was actually eaten a few days ago by a Dragon King following the Dark Path of Consumption, and a group of Proto-Arczeckhi, who have followed some of his Steps into being able to absorb what they eat. This has pissed Arilak off, and while she can't leave her sanctum to kill the interlopers herself, she can ask the PCs to do it, and promise them her support and favor if they aid her.

To get the scales, they'll have to kill the Dragon King and skin him, but he knows he's at a disadvantage against a bunch of Dragonblooded, and isn't afraid to press his knowledge of the area using poisons and traps. The People of Masks could be useful here too, if they enlist their help, as only one of the PCs has Survival and it's not exactly a lot of it.

When they do have the scales, they'll have to deal with Sondok and Biralack. If it takes them too long, Sondok might have The Sword Of the Yozi to fight with. They'll probably have a conversation with Ligier at the end of it.

I actually worry I'm going too much focus on Cannibalism here, because the previous story's man bad guy was also something that ate people to get it's power, but I don't really have a better place to put this story so it's just something I'll have to say doesn't actually mean anything.

Bardlebee
Feb 24, 2009

Im Blind.
Maybe I am missing something... but is the Werewolf special edition taking a full year to get to people?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/deluxe-werewolf-the-apocalypse-20th-anniversary-ed/posts?page=1

The kickstarter was done November 21st 2012. Its not year 2013 almost November again. Does this mean my Deluxe Exalted book with gold spinners will take until August 2014? :(

Sionak
Dec 20, 2005

Mind flay the gap.

Bardlebee posted:

Maybe I am missing something... but is the Werewolf special edition taking a full year to get to people?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/deluxe-werewolf-the-apocalypse-20th-anniversary-ed/posts?page=1

The kickstarter was done November 21st 2012. Its not year 2013 almost November again. Does this mean my Deluxe Exalted book with gold spinners will take until August 2014? :(

Remember, the Exalted kickstarter itself got going several months later than originally mentioned. I wouldn't be counting on a December release of the new book, and the super-deluxe books may take longer yet since there's more things that can have problems during production.

Sionak fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Oct 3, 2013

NIV3K
Jan 8, 2010

:rolleyes:

Bardlebee posted:

Hah, more like getting the PDF in August 2014 and the special editions in August 2015.

Lymond
May 30, 2013

Dark Lord in training

Bardlebee posted:

Whenever they mention a possible release date, I add 6 months. So when they originally said December 2012, I assumed August 2013. For the latest October 2013, I assumed April 2014. It hasn't been an accurate forecasting method, but at least you take the delays in stride!

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Ferrinus posted:

2. The phrase "Martial Arts" being used to describe both an Ability (which is sometimes used to perform martial arts, but also sometimes used not to perform martial arts) and a type of Merit, and a type of "Technique", and a type of Charm

I still have it in my plans to make some sort of Sidereal Martial Art with two branches, one that requires that you have Martial Arts Charms but no dots in Martial Arts, and the other that requires that you have dots in Martial Arts but no Martial Arts Charms. Or something like that, anyway.

The capstone (which requires both branches) makes you simultaneously a martial artist and not a martial artist, letting you flip from "in combat" to "uninvolved bystander" and back from round to round.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
Flesh-Toned Press of Humans Style

realbrickwall
Mar 12, 2013
On the plus side, now John Mørke can use this image and be extra hilarious:

(bonus points if he's already used it on someone)

New Fae have nice variety, though the whole "crimson-rouged lips and nipples" makes me wonder who the heck invented what I am now affectionately referring to as "nipstick".

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

realbrickwall posted:

On the plus side, now John Mørke can use this image and be extra hilarious:

(bonus points if he's already used it on someone)

Super classy.

On the Kickstarter front, I decided not to back it because A) I'm guessing that even with their best efforts, there's still going to be a ton of erratables before the premium print comes out, and B) As a guy who got his FLGS to go in for the retailer deal for Far West, I am acutely aware exactly how slow the boat can be.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
I'm really excited to hear that they're going to have a system for freeform/long-term sorcerous workings that aren't just the results of specific, named spells and aren't also the results of applying other Twilight abilities that have nothing to do with sorcery. I mean, Holden confirmed earlier in this thread that we'd be getting something along those lines, so it's not a complete surprise, but still.

I hope Hatewheel's okay...

realbrickwall
Mar 12, 2013

LeSquide posted:

Super classy.

I try.

(Seriously, though, I really hope it's not cancer)

NIV3K
Jan 8, 2010

:rolleyes:
Mørke doesn't have cancer.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

NIV3K posted:

So it's totally ok to chain him again in order for the book to get done.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

NIV3K posted:

Well there's been no successful diagnosis, but that's always much better news than a confirmation. So yeah, hopefully it won't impact release too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.
Have a preview of the simple NPC creation system: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B57iDF62OjtPVldfMl9nOGgwSzg/edit?usp=sharing

• Locked thread