Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

The new Steve Austin show with Jim Ross is hilarious. Lots of great stories involving "wrestlers with real heat" and tons of Danny Hodge stuff. Hearing how Hodge won a battle royal against Bill Watts and a real bear by ripping its rear end hair off causing it to freak out made me cry laughing.

I loved the story of JR calling a match where his color guy was blind and one of the wrestlers poo poo himself.

Is the mid-south DVD on Netflix?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

ch3cooh posted:

I loved the story of JR calling a match where his color guy was blind and one of the wrestlers poo poo himself.

I started laughing uncontrollably when I saw you posted that. Yes, hearing how the blind guy was slowly freaking out on air because he was smelling a pile of hot poo poo next to him in an enclosed area while JR had no mute button (i.e. he couldn't interupt his broadcast to tell his partner someone poo poo their pants) to tell him what was happened was loving hilarious.

I really hope he writes that book. Every time Austin and JR referred to his "retirement" you could just see their eyeballs rolling in their heads.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

LordPants posted:

Where is DAVE MELTZER'S LEATHER JACKET?!?! :colbert:

That's the TRUE Dave picture.

edit: Here it is in all its glory.

Eagerly awaiting the Deuce & Domino & Dave trio.

In other news, if you're even thinking about downloading the latest Attitude Era Podcast, do not! Because I understand that it's the January 4th 1999 edition of Raw. Heh! That's gonna put some butts in the seats!

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

LordPants posted:

Where is DAVE MELTZER'S LEATHER JACKET?!?! :colbert:

That's the TRUE Dave picture.

edit: Here it is in all its glory.

I'm quite partial to this Meltzer photo.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Meat Recital posted:

Where was this from?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Where was this from?
Donahue from the early 90s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq6ap70e8Ys
I'm sure the full video is around but that's the fun part.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Donahue from the early 90s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq6ap70e8Ys
I'm sure the full video is around but that's the fun part.

Man, that's awkward. Vince probably wanted to hang the Meltz.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Meat Recital posted:

Seriously, if these dudes aren't related in some way, then Dave is a clone that Vince grew to put his brain into one day when his own body was betraying him with death, only Dave escaped the facility.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Perigryn posted:

It's so weird, isn't it?

He looks a LOT like Miz in that photo. Is all the Miz-bashing on the podcasts just a cry for help?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Miz, really? I'm seeing more maskless Rey Mysterio.

(e): Seriously, compare!

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Sep 26, 2013

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

VogeGandire posted:

Miz, really? I'm seeing more maskless Rey Mysterio.

Ah, that hot Latin blood showing through. :v:

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Alvarez is the youngest-looking nearly-40-year-old I've ever seen. I bet he still gets carded.

honestly I hope I stay in the same boat, right now I'm 24 and I still look 17 and I'd like to hang onto that for a while.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Man, that's awkward. Vince probably wanted to hang the Meltz.

Dave has talked about this alot, Meltzer was the closest thing he had to a friend on that panel.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

GoutPatrol posted:

Dave has talked about this alot, Meltzer was the closest thing he had to a friend on that panel.

Is that the point where Dave was actually on Vince's payroll? I know he was a consultant or something for, like, a year around that time.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gaz-L posted:

Is that the point where Dave was actually on Vince's payroll? I know he was a consultant or something for, like, a year around that time.

Dave and Vince talked bodybuilding a lot in the early 90s, a few years after that.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

Dave and Vince talked bodybuilding a lot in the early 90s, a few years after that.

Are they on speaking terms at all anymore? I know Dave and Dana communicate regularly.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Thauros posted:

Are they on speaking terms at all anymore? I know Dave and Dana communicate regularly.

Dave cryptically hinted that he's talked to Vince recently.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
Y'all made me so happy with your discussion of my Dave/Vince question, then made me so sad by reminding me about Ryan Howard's awful loving contract.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

Dave cryptically hinted that he's talked to Vince recently.

More of a humble brag with saying "more recently than some realise."

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Cardboard Box posted:

Alvarez is the youngest-looking nearly-40-year-old I've ever seen. I bet he still gets carded.
He does. Matter of fact, he got carded at his own wedding :lol:

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Cardboard Box posted:

honestly I hope I stay in the same boat, right now I'm 24 and I still look 17 and I'd like to hang onto that for a while.

Yeah, if I look that good when I'm 40 I've probably done very well for myself.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Dave is going to kill himself on the stairs within the next five weeks.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Tato posted:

Dave is going to kill himself on the stairs within the next five weeks.
He's STILL not gonna work on that McMahon biography.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
What happened to the Jim Ross episode of Austin's podcast? I looked for it this morning and couldn't find it - there was an episode #48 and episode #50, so I figured maybe he was #49 and it got pulled for some reason. Now #50 has been renamed #49 and no Jim Ross.

Edit nevermind I just saw the notice that it's split into two shows for whatever reason, link is here.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
So Kane went on Ron Paul's podcast apparently. That's assuredly a laugh riot.

I also hope Dave gets one of those chairs like that old lady had in Gremlins.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Perigryn posted:

He's STILL not gonna work on that McMahon biography.

Was it just me, or did Dave sound kinda sad or disturbed by the idea of having to write the McMahon bio? Like Bryan brought it up, and it just seemed to bring Dave down to me.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

triplexpac posted:

Was it just me, or did Dave sound kinda sad or disturbed by the idea of having to write the McMahon bio? Like Bryan brought it up, and it just seemed to bring Dave down to me.

Nobody wants to think about their father dying :smith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Also a world without Vince McMahon in it would be a lot less interesting. Which is why I'm hoping the Cyber-Vince initiative he funded with diverted funds from the XFL ends up bearing fruit.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

ch3cooh posted:

I'm seriously never going to see a back body drop again without thinking about poor Bill Cook's bright yellow tights.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Also a world without Vince McMahon in it would be a lot less interesting. Which is why I'm hoping the Cyber-Vince initiative he funded with diverted funds from the XFL ends up bearing fruit.

The day Vincent Kennedy McMahon dies, Vincent Longinus McMahon will arise to fulfill his place. Vincent Mammon McMahon, Vincent Neptune McMahon, Vincent Osiris McMahon, the lineage goes on. When the final Vincent McMahon, Vincent Zeus McMahon, falls, a great shroud will descend upon the world of wrestling.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

I'm pretty sure he's just going to pull a Mr House and technically live forever

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

I was robbed! What do you mean my entry's too good?! Goddammit all.

vvvYou bastard!vvv

Arbite fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Sep 27, 2013

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Well, I won the Bryan and Vinny contest. What the hell am I going to do with a Joel Osteen book?

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
PSP Secret Santa?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Antitonic posted:

PSP Secret Santa?

I'm going to send someone Hulk Hogan's first book.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jack Krauser posted:

Well, I won the Bryan and Vinny contest. What the hell am I going to do with a Joel Osteen book?

Do you have a granny with similar tastes?

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

Do you have a granny with similar tastes?

Give it to Granny for Christmas. Guilt trip her in six months when she hasn't read it.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Jack Krauser posted:

Ask Granny to donate it to Brent Kremen.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Meat Recital posted:

Ask Granny to donate it to Brent Kremen.

Do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
This ring of honor CEO is so stupid when it comes to modern technology that all of their iPPV issues are starting to make sense. He's literally implying that everyone having issues with ROH iPPV doesn't have fast/wide enough Internet to handle the video feed. Someone alert YouTube.

"I, uh, understand different provders offer, uh, different widths of bands".

• Locked thread