Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

Rabbit Hill posted:

Looking for a Turkish movie made in the 2000s about a good man, a humble shopkeeper, who randomly finds a bag full of money. The money quickly sends him on a downward spiral of moral compromise and corruption, until the final scene (spoiler!) in which his wife catches him on their balcony having sex with their neighbor, and he throws himself off the balcony in despair.

I saw this at a film festival in Boston in the mid-2000s and am pretty sure it was a new movie at the time. I think the English release might have the word "money" in the title, but I can't remember anything else and would love to see it again.

Sounds like A Run for Money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
I think this might have been a Clint Eastwood movie, but I'm not sure. What I'm thinking of I believe is the first scene or early in the movie. Clint is an undercover cop or fed, and he's on a boat with some bad guys, mobsters probably. They want Clint to shoot someone they've caught, who they know is an undercover cop. They give him the gun and he doesn't hesitate to pull the trigger. The gun doesn't fire, but they trust him since he pulled the trigger. Clint ends up somehow killing the bad guys, and sets the other undercover man free. The other man asks him why he was so eager to pull the trigger, and Clint tells him he knew it was unloaded because of the weight of the gun.

Also, and I don't remember which episode it is, but there's a scene that's post-credits in an episode of Seinfeld, where Jerry and Kramer are on a bus, heading home. I think Kramer gets a nosebleed, or else is just feeling sick or something, and he looks over at Jerry and bemoans the shape he's in. Then he rests his head on Jerry's shoulder while some kinda dramatic music plays. I assume this is referencing some movie, but I can't place it. And I don't remember anything else about the episode, so I can't look it up. Anyone know what I'm talking about/what movie they were referencing?

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln

Detective Thompson posted:

Also, and I don't remember which episode it is, but there's a scene that's post-credits in an episode of Seinfeld, where Jerry and Kramer are on a bus, heading home. I think Kramer gets a nosebleed, or else is just feeling sick or something, and he looks over at Jerry and bemoans the shape he's in. Then he rests his head on Jerry's shoulder while some kinda dramatic music plays. I assume this is referencing some movie, but I can't place it. And I don't remember anything else about the episode, so I can't look it up. Anyone know what I'm talking about/what movie they were referencing?

The episode was titled The Mom and Pop Store, and the scene was spoofing Midnight Cowboy.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

Midnight Cowboy

Edit: Beaten

Fistboy
Oct 24, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

I think this might have been a Clint Eastwood movie, but I'm not sure. What I'm thinking of I believe is the first scene or early in the movie. Clint is an undercover cop or fed, and he's on a boat with some bad guys, mobsters probably. They want Clint to shoot someone they've caught, who they know is an undercover cop. They give him the gun and he doesn't hesitate to pull the trigger. The gun doesn't fire, but they trust him since he pulled the trigger. Clint ends up somehow killing the bad guys, and sets the other undercover man free. The other man asks him why he was so eager to pull the trigger, and Clint tells him he knew it was unloaded because of the weight of the gun.

I think that's from In the Line of Fire

Internet Gentleman
Mar 17, 2006

I'm so happy to be here.

brick cow posted:

Looking for a found footage movie. It begins with a couple of guys making a documentary about something. They find an odd hole in the floor of a shack (I think). They explore the hole and find some weird machine. They pull it out of put it back together at a college. They do it without knowing what the machine does. It turns out that it's either a time machine or some kind of teleporter (I really don't remember what it does, but its something fantastic.)

Lunopolis?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1539313/

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer

I think that's the one, thanks!

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

ProfessorMurder posted:

The episode was titled The Mom and Pop Store, and the scene was spoofing Midnight Cowboy.

Thanks. Still have yet to see that movie, so that explains why I wasn't sure where it came from.

Looks like you're right. I was actually thinking about that movie the other day for some reason, and I guess I remembered that scene despite not putting it together with the movie.

Binkie
Mar 20, 2004

Robble Robble Robble
Kidnapping movie
On an island
Famous actors

There was a movie from the 90's where one of the big scenes near the end involves a man who has kidnapped his once-wife and has her hostage in a beachside/waterside cabin. He has murdered a man she was once involved with and buried him underneath the top stair of his newly built gazebo that sits atop a cliff. A protagonist male says "hey, I see you built another stair going up the gazebo" and, your wife/ex-wife is worried that you killed someone. Can I please break apart that top stair to make sure no one is buried there". The bad guy (husband) says "sure thing" and the good guy proceeds to take sledgehammer to the top stair and uncovers a dead body. As soon as he does that the bad guy hits him with a shovel and the good guy falls off the cliff and lands in a little motor boat.

Tokyo Incident
Nov 1, 2011

relax
Sounds a bit like Head Above Water: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head_Above_Water

Binkie
Mar 20, 2004

Robble Robble Robble
Yes! Thanks Cass!

Tan Dumplord
Mar 9, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Main stuff:

Recent indie movie
Three brothers in poverty on a farm
A plumber and his daughter come to fix something
Deus ex machina priest comes and fixes everything with a fireside crucible with abusive mother/father

Small points:

One brother liked to play with a circular saw in the barn, was overweight, made gruesome art, plumber's daughter made friends. Plumber not happy.

A scene where two characters sat on the porch during a rainstorm.

Thanks!

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
A horror movie from I saw on video around 1993. I thought it was called "The Child" but I can't seem to find it. It's not the 1977 horror movie. The plot is basically this women has a really creepy kid and eventually finds out he's the child of 2 serial killers and switched at birth. At the same time any one mean to the kid ends up dying in "accidents." Most of the movie implies it's the kid killing them, but at the end we find out the serial killer dad was living in the family's attic and killed anyone his son didn't like.

Tan Dumplord
Mar 9, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I managed to find mine, it was Septien. The crucible was not with a Mother/Father, it was with a perverted teacher-cum-plumber.

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

Cum plumber does sound pretty perverted.

Ardha
Sep 13, 2009
About 15 years ago I saw this movie, I think it's from the 80s. A man comes to a town and starts a radio show where people can call in and complain about stuff, like their neighbours. First almost no one calls but then it starts to get out of control. Towards the end of the movie the main character kills another man and makes it look like accidental sexual asphyxiation. In the end the main character is seen walking and leaving the town.

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010
I was wondering if someone could kindly ID a film that I can't remember the title of.

Here is what I remember. I think it's a short film, directed by a young female director, former student of University of Texas (I think), currently resides in California. I believe her ethnic background is Asian, or mixed. It's a biographical film, based on the family of this director whose mother either abandoned her children or left to work somewhere and did not come back. I think in the film one of the kids, or the whole family attempts to look for mother. I don't know what happens in the end. I saw an interview with the director on Vimeo where she talked that she made the film in a short period of time/on a shoe string budget. I remember hearing that the film did well either on South by South West film festival or SF Film Festival. drat it, these are very hazy details, but please can someone help me identify this film. Thank you.

Crackmaster
Feb 6, 2004

Ardha posted:

A man comes to a town and starts a radio show where people can call in and complain about stuff, like their neighbours. First almost no one calls but then it starts to get out of control.

That sounds like Bryan Singer's Public Access, another one of those films I keep hearing about but never get around to seeing.

Ardha
Sep 13, 2009

Crackmaster posted:

That sounds like Bryan Singer's Public Access, another one of those films I keep hearing about but never get around to seeing.

Yeah that's the one, thank you!

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
This movie was some time early to mid 90's. I want to say young girl (high school or college aged) starts dating a dude. There's a scene where they're on a date riding a roller coaster, she puts his hand between her legs out side of her shorts and kind of grinds on his hands.

Turns out the dude is no good though and she can't see it but her dad can. Dad tells the boyfriend to gently caress off and as the dad walks away the boyfriends hits himself in the chest repeatedly and tells the girl that her dad beat him up.

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour

Volume posted:

This movie was some time early to mid 90's. I want to say young girl (high school or college aged) starts dating a dude. There's a scene where they're on a date riding a roller coaster, she puts his hand between her legs out side of her shorts and kind of grinds on his hands.

Turns out the dude is no good though and she can't see it but her dad can. Dad tells the boyfriend to gently caress off and as the dad walks away the boyfriends hits himself in the chest repeatedly and tells the girl that her dad beat him up.

That's the Mark Wahlberg movie Fear. Understandable that you didn't remember the title, because that's the most generic and unmemorable title they could possibly have picked outside of just calling it Movie.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

That would be 1996's Fear with Mark Wahlberg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wC8Ab5AZeE

e: A bit late to answer due to looking for the clip.

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009
This movie came up in one of the old Ghostbusters threads, there's a scene where this girl gets possessed by something and her mouth just becomes grotesquely huge, and I think she says something like "You said you wouldn't let them get me!"

The scene seems pretty genuinely scary, the makeup they did for the girl was really good.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Iskanderson posted:

This movie came up in one of the old Ghostbusters threads, there's a scene where this girl gets possessed by something and her mouth just becomes grotesquely huge, and I think she says something like "You said you wouldn't let them get me!"

The scene seems pretty genuinely scary, the makeup they did for the girl was really good.

Fright Night (the original).

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
Anyone knowledgeable about nineties indie vampire flicks? As a teenager, I saw part of a movie at my friends' house that I really want to check out. It was a black and white film about vampires living in a city, and essentially treated being a vampire like being a heroin addict.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Wild T posted:

Anyone knowledgeable about nineties indie vampire flicks? As a teenager, I saw part of a movie at my friends' house that I really want to check out. It was a black and white film about vampires living in a city, and essentially treated being a vampire like being a heroin addict.

Probably The Addiction.

Pantology
Jan 16, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
So I just saw the following description and blew an hour googling, with no luck. I have an irrational need to know what this guy was talking about :

Some Dude on Twitter posted:

Does anybody remember an 80s alien horror movie where the aliens were under a sinkhole and had slots in their head where metal was inserted?

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour
Probably the miniseries version of Tommyknockers.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln
That would be Invaders from Mars.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

I actually looked at the Wikipedia page for this previously and for some reason figured I wasn't it... But now it really does look like this was what I was looking for. Thanks!

Several Goblins
Jul 30, 2006

"What the hell do they mean? Beefcake?"

So I've seen you guys work miracles before, but this is a movie I've been wondering about for like 10 years now and I'm not even sure it exists as I remember it. I watched it on TV when I was like 13-15 years old, so about ten years ago. It was late at night and I was sick with a huge fever, so like I said...may not even be remembering it right.

It was about this guy who worked night shifts at a gas station with very few customers. Most nights were boring and the dude seemed to hate every minute of it. Then he meets a guy who takes him out on the town and gets him into all sorts of bizarre crime-related situations that the gas station worker seemed to really enjoy, as it added a bit of excitement to his life.

Eventually it gets out of control and he tries to distance himself from this guy, who, if I recall right, was implied to be supernatural/evil/the devil or something. I think the ending had a lot of cops involved, either coming for the gas station guy or for the other guy.

I know it isn't a lot to go on, but maybe someone can help.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I think the cops may have come for the evil dude and 'killed' him and then was seen again at the end alive. Might be why I think he was implied to be supernatural or something.

Update Edit: This was definitely it. Thanks again!

Several Goblins fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Sep 26, 2013

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

So I shout "Set your life on fire!"
That has to be Shadow Hours.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP
Indie movie from the late 90's, early 00's. Fairly dark sort of a road movie about two guys in their late twenties, one that's fairly meek and one that's way more eccentric and dangerous. Kind of a Brad Pitt/Edward Norton in Fight Club esque dynamic, but not as extreme. Also, both with dark hair. I think the eccentric guy had cancer or was going to die or something? And there was a love triangle with a girl at some point. It's not a very good movie, it's just on the tip of my tongue and I can't remember what the hell it's called. It definitely came out in that like, Jesus' Son era of indie movies.

Edit: Also, I remembered Jonathan Silverman being in it, but I checked his entire filmography and I couldn't find anything.

codyclarke fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Sep 26, 2013

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

codyclarke posted:

Indie movie from the late 90's, early 00's. Fairly dark sort of a road movie about two guys in their late twenties, one that's fairly meek and one that's way more eccentric and dangerous. Kind of a Brad Pitt/Edward Norton in Fight Club esque dynamic, but not as extreme. Also, both with dark hair. I think the eccentric guy had cancer or was going to die or something? And there was a love triangle with a girl at some point. It's not a very good movie, it's just on the tip of my tongue and I can't remember what the hell it's called. It definitely came out in that like, Jesus' Son era of indie movies.

Edit: Also, I remembered Jonathan Silverman being in it, but I checked his entire filmography and I couldn't find anything.

12 Bucks?

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

Nah, not it. This one was more brooding, with a lot of talking and pseudo-smart dialogue.

regulargonzalez posted:

Y Tu Mama Tambien?

Nah, not Y Tu Mama Tambien. It's definitely American, and I don't even think there was any sex in it at all. It's one of those late 90's 'dark' movies with like guys like Jonathan Silverman or Billy Crudup or something, except I looked it up and its neither of them. I know there were guys in it that people would know, but I can't remember who the hell they are.

Origami Dali posted:

That's reminding me a lot of The Doom Generation.

Not this either. This looks interesting though, I'm gonna check it out. The movie I'm looking for is like wayyyyyy more drab and desaturated and shadowy. Not really any action or sex. Just two dudes talking about death and stuff, one of the guy is terminally ill maybe (I keep thinking he has cancer) and they're both doing hosed up things on a road trip, and I think encounter a girl along the way. I know this was on DVD at some point, because that's how I saw it.

codyclarke fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Sep 26, 2013

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

codyclarke posted:

Y Tu Mama Tambien?

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

codyclarke posted:

That's reminding me a lot of The Doom Generation.

Several Goblins
Jul 30, 2006

"What the hell do they mean? Beefcake?"

Oh wow, this looks like it. I really thought that I made this movie up in a fever induced dream. I'm gonna give it a watch and see if it's the right one, but the synopsis looks dead on.

You're awesome, thanks!

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

codyclarke posted:

Very long shot, but maybe The Living End?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP
Found it! I racked my brain for 90's actors and blew through their filmographies on IMDb, and it turns out it was David Arquette I was thinking of, and the movie is Dream with the Fishes (1997). Thanks for the suggestions though.

codyclarke fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Sep 26, 2013