Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

^^Great work, Tree-Phase!

Nice, do you also do your building there or is that reserved for the basement/cave?

Also, Expedit bookcase, best bookcase for displaying Lego!

Building there, too. The dining room is pretty much the only place we have with enough table space to do anything. And the basement... we don't talk about the basement.

Expidet loving rules. In addition to those two, we have another 2x4 in the living room and a 1x1 as an end table. They're great for vinyl LPs and media shelves, too. We got the drawer inserts for the bottom row of the 5x5 there, and it's storing game junk and LEGO instructions, too.

Right now we're mostly through tear-down. Relocated the Monster Fighters into it, the Friends out, moved some Star Wars around. There's four open spots that we're going to fill, and I might get the Haunted House on top. Haven't decided yet. Hopefully I'll get it done today, but more likely tomorrow. Depends on how much homework I get done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Wooden Dangerbot

So, things I have learned:

-The hinge tool hates me
-I'm kind of awful at paint jobs
-imgr likes to put black backgrounds on things with transparency sometimes.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

I made a li'l Dalek. Based off of someone else's design.

Here he is next to the Character Builder ones.

The Time Wars!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

SlothfulCobra posted:

Wooden Dangerbot

-The hinge tool hates me

-that is cool
-the hinge tool has always been a huge pain in the dick, in the latest patch they fixed some issues but introduced others
-imgur isn't the best tool for these renders, part of the reason I started with flickr.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

SlothfulCobra posted:

Wooden Dangerbot

-The hinge tool hates me

Nice!

-The hinge tool hates everyone universally, it used to be even more of a bitch to use.
-The panitjob is fine, looks industrial!
-imgur hates transparencies.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

The biggest problem was that it took me a few seconds to recognize that.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

SlothfulCobra posted:

Wooden Dangerbot

-The hinge tool hates me

Now make The Leveller from Ferngully as its arch-nemesis. Go the extra mile.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

SlothfulCobra posted:

Wooden Dangerbot

-The hinge tool hates me

Wow they make those engine/bomb pieces with studs on the bottom now? Need to get me some of those.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

G3U-NW Juno (POV) by Captain^Foo, on Flickr

ether
May 20, 2001

RodShaft posted:

I made a li'l Dalek. Based off of someone else's design.
Man, this was so awesome I did the same to you =) A tiny black dalek to accompany me on my desk.

Wondering how you did the slanted front and the inner body though, I went through a couple diffirent designs before going with this one.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Holy cow, trans yellow antennas only ever came out for four sets (two if you discount the "random parts" sets)? Is there something about trans yellow that makes it more expensive to make, making them rare (and as a result, costing more on the modern market)?

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=3957&colorID=19&in=A

Also, curse my younger self for not being more careful about losing pieces.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

xzzy posted:

Holy cow, trans yellow antennas only ever came out for four sets (two if you discount the "random parts" sets)? Is there something about trans yellow that makes it more expensive to make, making them rare (and as a result, costing more on the modern market)?

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=3957&colorID=19&in=A

Also, curse my younger self for not being more careful about losing pieces.

I doubt it; there are lots of TrYellow pieces; but they're pretty uncommon when it comes to Space-related bits like cockpit canopies or antennas. Only Classic Space and early Blacktron ever used them; it was a big deal when Space Police 3 reintroduced them with some of the criminal vehicles, but it was short-lived and they only did like 2.

I think they decided the TrNeonGreen they used extensively in Blacktron 2 and M:Tron 'popped' more than TrYellow and seemed more space-y.

Pyroclastic fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Sep 24, 2013

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

EP1-CPD Diomedes (POV) by Captain^Foo, on Flickr

Sandwich Fight
Oct 11, 2004

Explosion
I went to Legoland Florida at the beginning of August and in the Downtown Disney store I saw the BttF set and picked it up, but set it back down because I didn't want to carry around a bunch of bags yet.
Then an hour later when I went back to get R2D2 couldn't find BttF and a store employee told me it had come out the day before so yeah no dice.

Finally got it online along with the Star Wars Advent Calendar and plumpkin.

Edit: here's the pics

Legoland Florida with the pig butthole and it's constantly oinking

Sandwich Fight fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Sep 25, 2013

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

There's a new Lego store opening this weekend about an hour from my house(I have another Lego store closer to my house already). Are openings worth going to? I know they are building an 8 foot Yoda over the weekend and have some limited giveaways that I'm guessing I'll have to show up early to have a slight chance of getting? Saturday they are giving away a Lego store set for $75 in purchases and Sunday is 3 exclusive minifigures for a $50 purchase.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Sandwich Fight posted:

Legoland Florida with the pig butthole and it's constantly oinking

Legoon.jpg

The great Creator house rebuild has begun. Hooray!

dangittj
Jan 25, 2006

The Force is strong with this one

ltr posted:

There's a new Lego store opening this weekend about an hour from my house(I have another Lego store closer to my house already). Are openings worth going to? I know they are building an 8 foot Yoda over the weekend and have some limited giveaways that I'm guessing I'll have to show up early to have a slight chance of getting? Saturday they are giving away a Lego store set for $75 in purchases and Sunday is 3 exclusive minifigures for a $50 purchase.

The one in St. Louis opened a few months ago. People were camped out to get in, at least a few hours before the mall opened. Sunday afternoon when we went there was an hr line just to get into the store.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

dangittj posted:

The one in St. Louis opened a few months ago. People were camped out to get in, at least a few hours before the mall opened. Sunday afternoon when we went there was an hr line just to get into the store.

Yeah, unless you -really- want those exclusives, skip opening day/weekend.

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

dangittj posted:

Yeah, going to skip it then. If it was going to be one of those days like May 4th where it was just really busy, then I could see going. But I'm not so interested in the exclusives where I would want to camp out for several hours to get it.

I'll just take my nephew to the more local Lego store and get him some Duplo while I pick up a few things for myself.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Original space police is best police. :colbert:

Complete set except for the blacktron visor, didn't have to bricklink anything!

LEGO 6886

LEGO 6886

This set was one of my favorites as a kid because it had fold out guns (though I suppose back in 1989 lego designed them as sirens, you couldn't tell 13 year old me that).

LEGO 6886

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Awesome!

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

My first Space Police set :allears:

EDIT: It's been decades since I had that thing built, but how did the gun-siren wings fold out from those canopies? If they're folding out to the side, they'd hit the canopy.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Why would they need sirens in space?

EvilRic
May 18, 2007

come have a nice cup of tea!
Isn't that a (laser) holding cell for the blacktron prisoner?

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

^^^^^^
Of course the spaceship needs sirens, its fancy magic future technology that projects the sound directly into other ships.

http://www.top1toys.nl/ has the new mobile crane for 122 euros, but as far as I can work out they only deliver in holland, and not germany :(

ether
May 20, 2001

Ika posted:

http://www.top1toys.nl/ has the new mobile crane for 122 euros, but as far as I can work out they only deliver in holland, and not germany :(

It shows up as 159 here? I would have ordered it in a split second at 122, but alas, hopes shattered etc ;-)

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Ika posted:

^^^^^^
Of course the spaceship needs sirens, its fancy magic future technology that projects the sound directly into other ships.

assuming that it's 7560 it's 159 at the moment, but it's still discounted.

You could have it delivered to me and i'll ship it to you for the shipping costs, where in germany are you?

Hell if you are anywhere neer Leer you could just take the train to my hometown and come pick it up.

anyhow if you're interested mail me at my[REDACTED]

AzMiLion fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Sep 27, 2013

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

All lego is 25% off on that site until the 29th, added once its in the shopping cart. According to bricklink thats true for almost eveery store in holland.

Enschede is an hour away, leer is a bit too far. The shop lists 2 euros for shipping, if shipping to germany is less than 20 its still a really good deal and I'm interested. I sent an email so we don't spam up the thread any more.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Guzwar posted:

My first Space Police set :allears:

EDIT: It's been decades since I had that thing built, but how did the gun-siren wings fold out from those canopies? If they're folding out to the side, they'd hit the canopy.

It's a wing stuck to a swivel plate, and the swivel plate is stuck to a hinge plate. So the wing bends downwards prior to folding out. The way it tucks perfectly under the cowling impresses me way more than it should.

Space Police in general was kind of a "growing up" period for lego. Their techniques were getting better and it made for some fun builds.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
For those who were talking about environment maps in POV-Ray, I found this . The bit you're after is at the bottom, it seems POV-Ray calls them sky spheres.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

xzzy posted:

It's a wing stuck to a swivel plate, and the swivel plate is stuck to a hinge plate. So the wing bends downwards prior to folding out. The way it tucks perfectly under the cowling impresses me way more than it should.

Space Police in general was kind of a "growing up" period for lego. Their techniques were getting better and it made for some fun builds.

My hinges wore out so the guns would always droop down/fall off by themselves. I also had this guy, his hinges wore out too so if you pushed down too hard or turned too fast all the wheels would fall off. Lego hinges have come a long way.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That was a really neat set too, with the way the center piece tilted to steer the model. Had this cool side effect of making room for the wheels when it was tilted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1_8zL1IrjM&t=143s

Unfortunately I can't build that guy anymore, I lost the wheels. :smith:

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
Might be making my second Craigslist deal, originally posted for $25 but relisted for double after getting tons of replies. Just going off of what $50 will get me for new Lego, seems like a decent deal right?

Includes People
Lego Island
Aqua Zone 6150
Truck 6456 Lg Tuck
Small Truck 6456 Series
Space Ship 6456 Series
Wind Surfer 6572
Excavation 5978
Spaceship 6456
Chinese Ninja Camp 6089

GTJustin fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Sep 26, 2013

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

MaliciousOnion posted:

For those who were talking about environment maps in POV-Ray, I found this . The bit you're after is at the bottom, it seems POV-Ray calls them sky spheres.

Great find. I'll have to do some more test work with that soon.

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

xzzy posted:

That's right, there was a hinge plate underneath, thank you.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Captain Foo posted:

Great find. I'll have to do some more test work with that soon.

Okay, so an old friend came to help me out :)

8Bone Grenadiers - Model R4 (Scene) by Captain^Foo, on Flickr

8Bone Grenadiers - Model R4 (Scene) 02 by Captain^Foo, on Flickr

8Bone Grenadiers - Model R4 (Scene) 03 by Captain^Foo, on Flickr

8Bone Grenadiers - Model R4 (Scene) 04 by Captain^Foo, on Flickr

8Bone Grenadiers - Model R4 (Scene) 05 by Captain^Foo, on Flickr

8Bone Grenadiers - Model R4 (Scene) 06 by Captain^Foo, on Flickr

MaggieTheCat
Nov 7, 2010
I noticed Target getting ready to put out there Halloween display last week, does anyone know what the polybag is this year? I cant check until tomorrow.

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

MaggieTheCat posted:

I noticed Target getting ready to put out there Halloween display last week, does anyone know what the polybag is this year? I cant check until tomorrow.

Mine in Cincinnati, OH has 30243 Umbaran MHC for $3.99 US http://www.brickset.com/detail/?set=30243-1

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

GTJustin posted:

Might be making my second Craigslist deal, originally posted for $25 but relisted for double after getting tons of replies. Just going off of what $50 will get me for new Lego, seems like a decent deal right?

Includes People
Lego Island
Aqua Zone 6150
Truck 6456 Lg Tuck
Small Truck 6456 Series
Space Ship 6456 Series
Wind Surfer 6572
Excavation 5978
Spaceship 6456
Chinese Ninja Camp 6089

How many pounds? For 50 bucks it should be at least 10 just to be an 'ok' deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Sloppy posted:

How many pounds? For 50 bucks it should be at least 10 just to be an 'ok' deal.

Didn't list the weight, did mention a guesstimate of over 1000 pcs. Doesn't matter now since she found another buyer after she got annoyed at our "back and forth" emails when I asked if we could meet in a public place instead of her house. Sorry lady but if you're replying to multiple buyers, don't assume I get the emails and can understand your lovely auto-correct.