Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

M3wThr33 posted:

95 condensers, 3.17 Qa banked... 32.9 BCPS..
Slow progress, but not much further. Watch, dungeons come out just before I hit 100...

Took me about 2 days of on/off golden cookie clicking to get from 95 to 100, all without heavenly chips.

Reset with 270.

I'm now aiming to get from 70 to 100 AC's in 1 day, then grinding up more HC's before resetting again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Emron posted:

I didn't like Candy Box. :colbert:

I played it until I got to the wall of demons. Then it was no longer fun.

Clicking cookies stays fun forever! :buddy:

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

I am Leto, Lion of Atreides

animatorZed posted:

Looks like selling / re-buying buildings no longer increases the all times cookies baked counter.

No more free chips. On the upside, one less mind numbing tedious task to do before resetting.

You're about a week behind on that.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Why is this stupid game so addictive? :psyduck:

This is going to play merry hell on my power bill. I have a tiny apartment and rarely cook at home, so except for the fridge the computer is the biggest energy consumer. I normally only turn it on when I'm using it, but now I've been leaving it on for almost two weeks just to make cookies...

Bastard Man
Nov 15, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Collateral Damage posted:

Why is this stupid game so addictive? :psyduck:

This is going to play merry hell on my power bill. I have a tiny apartment and rarely cook at home, so except for the fridge the computer is the biggest energy consumer. I normally only turn it on when I'm using it, but now I've been leaving it on for almost two weeks just to make cookies...

I stopped turning my computer off at night, I give it a one hour break every morning then get back to mining cookies. Cookies should be the new Bitcoins.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Bacon Drew posted:

I stopped turning my computer off at night, I give it a one hour break every morning then get back to mining cookies. Cookies should be the new Bitcoins.

The cookies will mine all the bitcoins in the world. That's what those numbers are.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The income in Candy Box feels all weird and off. Instead of a steadily increasing income stream there's huge dead zones. Cookie Clicker is far superior. :colbert:

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
Only 47 chips until I can reset for a 3000% boost, hoping for some lucky frenzy cookies to make the last few Qa go by faster.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

I'm close to my planned first reset (100 time machines) but I'll only have 40 chips. :( Get all remaining upgrades (Kitten Overseers!) first?

[edit]
OH MYYYYYY GOOOOOOODDDDDDDD :zerg:

Sywert of Thieves fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Sep 26, 2013

Greybone
May 25, 2003

Not the red cross.

Funkz posted:

So there's a Cookie Clicker spin-off game. Time to increase your dicksucks per seconds, guys! :f5:

http://doigt.gamelauncher.info/dsucker/

The source is available at github too. Project description: "I am not proud of this"

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Merijn posted:

I'm close to my planned first reset (100 time machines) but I'll only have 40 chips. :( Get all remaining upgrades (Kitten Overseers!) first?

[edit]

Never not get all the kittens.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

You don't say. Kitten Overseers doubled my cps.

Also I maxed out Dicksucker between Golden Cookies. :shepface:

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
I got my first frenzy + lucky just now :shobon:

oh god this game is destroying my life

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

I've got 546 new chips waiting for me when I reset. My next Antimatter Condenser is 4 hours away, and much further if I want to maintain my max frenzy+lucky bonus. Currently I have 24 Quadrillion cookies on hand, but am only pulling in 52 Billion/second.

That reset button is looking awfully nice right about now.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

I've reset at 100 of everything (and 200 cursors) except condensers, now coasting along with 101 heavenly chips waiting for the next Golden Cookie. True Neverclick, here I come!

:haw:

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Nth Doctor posted:

I've got 546 new chips waiting for me when I reset. My next Antimatter Condenser is 4 hours away, and much further if I want to maintain my max frenzy+lucky bonus. Currently I have 24 Quadrillion cookies on hand, but am only pulling in 52 Billion/second.

That reset button is looking awfully nice right about now.

Do it!

Last night I reset and went from 0 to 157 HC, and I'm already well on my way to where I was. I think my multiplier is already equal to what it was pre reset and I don't even have kitten overlords yet, let alone all the cookie upgrades. Plodding along at about 52 AC, and should have the next AC upgrade soon which will be doubling my cps so I can furiously click evern more.

I assume getting all the "clicking adds 1% cps" upgrades is a good idea as long as you're not quashing your production in the case of click frenzies?

I also hacked in my hack achievement and got true neverclick, so now I just have 100 of everything, 100 AC, and 777(7) golden cookies to go.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Eldercain posted:

Do it!

Last night I reset and went from 0 to 157 HC, and I'm already well on my way to where I was. I think my multiplier is already equal to what it was pre reset and I don't even have kitten overlords yet, let alone all the cookie upgrades. Plodding along at about 52 AC, and should have the next AC upgrade soon which will be doubling my cps so I can furiously click evern more.

I assume getting all the "clicking adds 1% cps" upgrades is a good idea as long as you're not quashing your production in the case of click frenzies?

I also hacked in my hack achievement and got true neverclick, so now I just have 100 of everything, 100 AC, and 777(7) golden cookies to go.

It's looking mighty tempting, but I'm also gaining more chips at a decent clip. I'm up to 549 new ones (on top of the 155 I'm currently using), and get a new chip about every half hour or so.

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

took the bread and the lamb spread
Lipstick Apathy

Merijn posted:

I played it until I got to the wall of demons. Then it was no longer fun.

Might want to try A Dark Room, then.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS

Merijn posted:

[edit]

What is this from?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Semisponge posted:

What is this from?

http://cookieclicker.wikia.com/wiki/Cookie_Monster_(JavaScript_Add-on)

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
Man I really don't like it, how do I remove the script? :(

edit: nm I figured it out. Way too visually busy, yech

Semisponge fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Sep 26, 2013

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Semisponge posted:

Refresh the page.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Semisponge posted:

edit: nm I figured it out. Way too visually busy, yech

You can disable nearly everything from it via the menu, including the colored numbers and bottom bar

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Sorry for confusing you. I was just trying to convey that I had a Frenzy + Clickin Frenzy for the first time. (And two more times in the hour following that. Holy crap.)

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Never let me near this game again for any reason.

So many 666s, so many chips, so much grandma flesh.

SO MANY COOKIES.

I'm never eating one again, that month and a half was too much.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
How did you get that many chips but never got around to getting the last 5 achievements?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

And 3 lifetime golden cookie clicks

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

MasterSlowPoke posted:

How did you get that many chips but never got around to getting the last 5 achievements?

Laziness. One of them is 5 pledges, which I never bothered with. I somehow missed selling a grandma despite clearly remembering doing so. I never used covenant outside of it's achievement, and I didn't get the clicker script till later, so I missed two golden cookie achievements. And as I slapped myself over missed centennial because I never went over 45 farms.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

The Duggler posted:

And 3 lifetime golden cookie clicks

I did a short run after the first reset. I got bored and stopped deciding it wasn't worth it.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
You got 1.6 sextillion cookies without golden cookies or full achievements, ever? How long did you just let it autoclick?

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

After hours of study I have finally figured out how to copy-paste console commands someone else wrote and give myself lots of cookies, let me come brag about it.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I must be missing something, but how are you guys able to determine how many heavenly cookies you'll have if you reset?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

StealthArcher posted:

I did a short run after the first reset. I got bored and stopped deciding it wasn't worth it.

Golden cookie clicks carry over between resets

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

chaosapiant posted:

I must be missing something, but how are you guys able to determine how many heavenly cookies you'll have if you reset?

It's a utility called Cookie Monster. It automates absolutely nothing - it just does some math to make decision-making easier (how long it'll take to earn enough for a building, how much a building costs vs. how much income it gives, etc) with some other stuff. One of the things it does is tell you how many chips you'll get resetting and how long it'll be until you get another one.

Svartvit
Jun 18, 2005

al-Qabila samaa Bahth

StealthArcher posted:

Laziness. One of them is 5 pledges, which I never bothered with. I somehow missed selling a grandma despite clearly remembering doing so. I never used covenant outside of it's achievement, and I didn't get the clicker script till later, so I missed two golden cookie achievements. And as I slapped myself over missed centennial because I never went over 45 farms.

Why don't you just say you cheated, because we all know you did.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

chaosapiant posted:

Heavenly Chips. Of course Cookie Clicker has a wiki!

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

took the bread and the lamb spread
Lipstick Apathy

chaosapiant posted:

You can also type (sqrt(1+8(X/10^12))-1)/2 into Google with X as your all-time cookies baked number.

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009
The lucky alert is neat, but it doesn't take the increase in requirement post purchase into account. So If you buy that 800+ T Condenser as soon as the alert disappears you'll have to work up a few trillions to meet the new "lucky" cap.

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006
But going with the alert, you'd still never be making less with a lucky after the purchase than you would have before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Zoinker posted:

The lucky alert is neat, but it doesn't take the increase in requirement post purchase into account. So If you buy that 800+ T Condenser as soon as the alert disappears you'll have to work up a few trillions to meet the new "lucky" cap.

I think it's supposed to, but it doesn't quite work for some reason.

• Locked thread