Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Frijolero posted:

How do you all get over the racism and misogyny?

By knowing what satire is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

8-bit Miniboss posted:

By knowing what satire is.

Sorely lacking in this thread in light of the responses my joke is getting.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Falken posted:

:ohdear:

I reloaded a previous save because the overweight little rear end in a top hat had grown on me.

You monster!

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Frijolero posted:

It's hard to filter these days :(

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Frijolero posted:

What part of it was a joke? Unless "joke" means you just posted that to stir up some poo poo for no real reason other than your personal amusement. Hilarious!

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Knightmare posted:

They're not selling "power", you pay money to get in-game money.

I know, I was saying I just hope this doesn't come to a point where they ARE selling power.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

The Dave posted:

It's hard to filter these days :(

Naw, it just has to be a joke first rather than.. whatever he posted.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Frijolero posted:

Looked like a poo poo post covered in a bad spoiler tag to me.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I can get the misogyny, but GTA as a series has been way more progressive with its choice of leads than most other games. Just remember how much poo poo they got for making you play as a :siren:BLACK MAN:siren: when SA was first getting shown off. They don't handle it with a feather soft touch, but up until this game all the main characters in the HD games had been minorities and men of color (even Johnny K was jewish, even though it didn't really come into play that much during TLAD). I think that's a way more important step forward than the weak handed 'oh you can MAKE your dude black/asian/hispanic but he'll still be written like a default white guy' that a lot of games with character creation do.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Sep 26, 2013

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Basebf555 posted:

What part of it was a joke? Unless "joke" means you just posted that to stir up some poo poo for no real reason other than your personal amusement. Hilarious!

It's funny because he said a thing, but he didn't really mean the thing, and some people read the thing he wrote and thought he meant it! I read about jokes in a book once and they sound very similar to what happened here

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are
Everybody get plastered on Pisswasser, I'm taking a bath to the tune of a couple mil per character.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
I just got a bit of a glitch. After hanging out with Franklin as Michael at a bar, when sobering up my car locked up and stopped where it was. I couldn't get out or move the car, nor shoot from windows. I could honk the horn all I liked though. However, I somehow got a wanted level before it locked up. So, for like ten minutes I had cops approaching my locked down car, and as they get close, Franklin blasts them away with an SMG. It ended with me getting busted, but it was hilarious with all the bodies around the car.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Are there Night Vision Goggles anywhere in this game? I have this idea for a night-time HALO jump raid on the army base...

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Pudgygiant posted:

Everybody get plastered on Pisswasser, I'm taking a bath to the tune of a couple mil per character.

Yes everyone please do. And buy a ton of Pibwasser stock while you're at it! its down to an all time low of 2 bucks on 360.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Frijolero posted:

How do you all get over the racism and misogyny?

The characters are terrible and you're not supposed to like them.

It's like you just asked how you get over Breaking Bad promoting drug use.

e: and that's why I should read the whole thread

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Yes everyone please do. And buy a ton of Pibwasser stock while you're at it! its down to an all time low of 2 bucks on 360.

It can only go UP UP UP!

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Pudgygiant posted:

I thought you were talking about how little beer it takes for characters to get drunk in this game but I finally got it. :)

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

where is my bitcoin/ouya parody Rockstar

or was that what I wasted all of Franklin's money on during the online part where I spent around 25K on a children of the mountain t-shirt

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Frijolero posted:

:master:

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
I feel like once Live gets goin and everyone realizes BawSaq is working, the cheap stocks are gonna get bought in bundles. Unfortunately I bought PibWasser stocks at 10$, but I have a feeling it will rise again (its high was 150$)

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
Has anyone done the gun running mission with Trevor where you have to bomb the enemy runners base and destroy all their stuff? I tried 5 times and then gave up so therefore it is impossible to complete.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Crap, I won't be home for another five or so hours. Am I gonna miss out on the Pisswasser moneytrain?? :ohdear:

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Has anyone done the gun running mission with Trevor where you have to bomb the enemy runners base and destroy all their stuff? I tried 5 times and then gave up so therefore it is impossible to complete.

The first one or the second one? The first one was easy, you just have to account for the inherited motion of the plane, get as low as you safely can before you drop to make it easier. The second mission was more annoying only because you have to line up in the right direction before starting your runs.

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

Hobo Clown posted:

Crap, I won't be home for another five or so hours. Am I gonna miss out on the Pisswasser moneytrain?? :ohdear:

Since the only stock we have seen actually bottom out and recover is HAL and that took 4 days around 0.50-1$ I think you might make it home in time.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Clusters? It's better to drop earlier than later with those, and obviously make sure to line up correctly. They drop in a decent long line but if your angle is off you'll miss a target usually. Take the time to line up, and don't be afraid to get somewhat low even with people shooting at you. Then drop a little earlier than you think you normally would.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Dammit, Michael, you suck. I had his default car looking like my dream Audi S4 (lava red, black wheels) and he turned it into this tacky poo poo.

:ughh:

TremorX fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Sep 26, 2013

BlueDestiny
Jun 18, 2011

Mega deal with it

That one's a gift from Jimmy.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

TremorX posted:

Dammit, Michael, you suck. I had his default car looking like my dream Audi S4 (lava red, black wheels) and he turned it into this tacky poo poo.

That wasn't Michael's doing

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

TremorX posted:

It wasn't Michael that did that.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

TremorX posted:

I imagine some people would like some surprises on their own rather than having people spoil every single surprise in the game.

e: beaten but it wasn't Michael either. Maybe try to pay attention to the game you're playing/spoiling for others?

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

OK, sorry, I didn't catch that. I thought maybe he was going through a second midlife crisis. I also honestly suspected that maybe my 4 year old had done that with the iFruit app on my iPad.

Hollenhammer
Dec 6, 2005

TremorX posted:

OK, sorry, I didn't catch that. I thought maybe he was going through a second midlife crisis. I also honestly suspected that maybe my 4 year old had done that with the iFruit app on my iPad.

Check Michaels drat phone, theres no way you missed a message saying your car was "borrowed" and a second messasge saying it was returned

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

I checked the BAWSAQ on my phone at lunch today. What have I become.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I really hope there is some dlc where I get to kill Lamar. I was already sick of the "we gotta be true to the skreets dog" poo poo in San Andreas. I sure as gently caress don't want to deal with it in this game. Why is it whenever a black person becomes successful, some rear end in a top hat comes along to complain he isn't gangsta enough? At least franklin seems to see through the bullshit unlike cj.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Mokinokaro posted:

It was only 9 and they were a lot more similar to the 5 we get here. More still would be nice, though.

It can't be that hard to make some sort of random assassination target generator. Target ped spawns in area, random weapon drop, flagged as a enemy/gang group, pow.

Then again this is the same developer that couldn't get garage inventory right so :v:

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Hollenhammer posted:

Check Michaels drat phone, theres no way you missed a message saying your car was "borrowed" and a second messasge saying it was returned

Somehow I did. :smith:

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Cojawfee posted:

I really hope there is some dlc where I get to kill Lamar. I was already sick of the "we gotta be true to the skreets dog" poo poo in San Andreas. I sure as gently caress don't want to deal with it in this game. Why is it whenever a black person becomes successful, some rear end in a top hat comes along to complain he isn't gangsta enough? At least franklin seems to see through the bullshit unlike cj.

Reminds me of the "Frog in the well" speech some dude who was completely stoned gave to us in my high school assembly.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

Lamar is actually the best character in the game and the real travesty is that there isn't more of him. :colbert:

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Capn Beeb posted:

Then again this is the same developer that couldn't get garage inventory right so :v:

Not only that, it has somehow regressed from earlier games. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

So at around the half point mark in the game, I believe, my characters all seem to have gravitated towards a certain gun. Did this happen for everyone else as well? Trevor has thousands of shotgun ammo, Michael has a lot of carbine ammo, and Franklin has a bunch of SMG/Pistol ammo. I never really visited Ammunation except for missions that required you to buy stuff. Do they pick up ammo on their own when you aren't controlling them? Mission rewards?

• Locked thread