Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Sten Freak posted:

Aww, his wife's comment. :feelsgood:

I am so, so happy for the both of them. It gives me such a warm, fuzzy feeling to know that her love and faith in her husband has been rewarded. And coming from a tiny, poor town with only a Subway and a Sonic, I'm sure he'll be able to do good business. People get tired of eating at the same two places. I hope he gets in touch with the local chamber of commerce; he should be able to do good business with providing food for fundraisers, local school events, the rare family reunion or civic event, etc.

I bet his family is so proud of him today. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
This really has made my day. I can't stop grinning at the idea of some guy in the middle of nowhere smiling at his hotdog stand in front of a big GET OUT frog.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

SoundMonkey posted:

I'm not ripping on the guy for being religious, but honestly the thought of him lying in bed at night saying "Thank you, Lord, for the generous help of Team Frogout" kinda cracks me up.

The Lord works in mysterious ways.

Gendo
Feb 25, 2001

His place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

Deteriorata posted:

The Lard works in mysterious ways.

Edited for honesty.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Gendo posted:

The less said the better I think. Just let it be a fun mystery.

If he gets really curious it's not like it's hard to work out, SA has already been mentioned several times in the comments I think. I'm guessing he probably just doesn't care who these mysterious benefactors are.

Also I wasn't even keeping track but Team Frogout has, combined, quite clearly blown past the $500 reward tier, so I guess we're gettin' a frog on the dog shack.

DragonReach Ghost
Sep 16, 2002

My Avatar is a Red Avatar

SoundMonkey posted:

If he gets really curious it's not like it's hard to work out, SA has already been mentioned several times in the comments I think. I'm guessing he probably just doesn't care who these mysterious benefactors are.

Also I wasn't even keeping track but Team Frogout has, combined, quite clearly blown past the $500 reward tier, so I guess we're gettin' a frog on the dog shack.

I am pretty sure Team FrogOut has passed the $6000 line for this guy...

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
I hope news of this spreads. It would be awesome if people other than goons made a little pilgrimage to his dog shack. People do it for assholes like Guy Fieri, they... Ugh, crap, I just realized this is just the kind of place he'd feature, but I don't want him defacing the stand with his stupid brand.

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Kickstarter posted:

much thanks
Update #7 · Sep 24, 2013 · comment

Thanks to my last 2 backers for your pledges.. i'm very grateful... got a long way to go with only 7 days to do it... 236 more backers at $25.00 is all it will take... can we do it? spread the word.. with out this funding i cant re-open doobie's in the new kitchen..remember if i don't reach my goal, i get nothing...

Comment
thanks you and really need ur help
Update #6 · Sep 18, 2013 · comment

i want to say thank you to my backers on this project so far.. u believed and put ur money up for my project, so thank you... as of now i have less than 14 days left and only 1% funded.. i really need ur help to get the word out so we can bring in more backers...i have flooded the internet with my project link but im not seeing any results... i must be going about this all wrong or something... any idea's? love to hear from you..

I just wanna read update #8

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

In response to someone mentioning he might get to 10 grand.

Wayne posted:

thanks phlegmish and Jonathon for ur support.. i think this could go that far Jonathon... what did pharaoh say to Moses in the Bible? not verbatum he said gimme one more nite with them frogs...lol

I don't think I've ever laughed this hard at a bible joke. :3:

Kid Gloves
Jul 31, 2013

by XyloJW

Anoia posted:

I hope news of this spreads. It would be awesome if people other than goons made a little pilgrimage to his dog shack. People do it for assholes like Guy Fieri, they... Ugh, crap, I just realized this is just the kind of place he'd feature, but I don't want him defacing the stand with his stupid brand.

If you scroll down on Wayne's facebook he posts a funny video of Guy Fieri and talks about how you gotta love the guy.

Honestly I know Guy Fieri gets poo poo (and most of it, rightfully so) but if he visited Doobie's Dogs it would be nothing but great for business.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Kid Gloves posted:

If you scroll down on Wayne's facebook he posts a funny video of Guy Fieri and talks about how you gotta love the guy.

Honestly I know Guy Fieri gets poo poo (and most of it, rightfully so) but if he visited Doobie's Dogs it would be nothing but great for business.

Probably the best part is how upbeat and positive this guy is, living in Nowhere, Alabama with probably not much money and bills to pay and (according to him) already several failed attempts to raise funds for the dog shack.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Kid Gloves posted:

Good point. Quick, someone contact Fieri and ask if he remembers us from the Smashmouth egg thing. Tell him we'll be nice.

Gendo
Feb 25, 2001

His place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

Kid Gloves posted:

Yep. My friend runs a PR firm for small restaurants and boutique food producers and is actually friends with Guy Fieri.

I'm going to talk to her about this later today and maybe when it gets up and running it might be the kind of story he'd like to tell. Can't promise anything but it's worth a shot.

DoctorPresident
Jul 21, 2012

Anoia posted:

People do it for assholes like Guy Fieri, they...

Smash mouth, eat the dogs.

Kid Gloves
Jul 31, 2013

by XyloJW

Gendo posted:

Yep. My friend runs a PR firm for small restaurants and boutique food producers and is actually friends with Guy Fieri.

I'm going to talk to her about this later today and maybe when it gets up and running it might be the kind of story he'd like to tell. Can't promise anything but it's worth a shot.

Just don't mention the eggs

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Darth123123 posted:

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/657642328/doobies-dog-house/#chart-daily

It currently is trending to end at 8800, and high end projection at 13k. Kaboom, Mrs. Robinson.

This Kicktraq graph is hilarious how it's completely flat until Monday and then suddenly skyrockets on Tuesday

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

On the subject of not claiming too many free hotdogs, how about we suggest all the free hotdogs from Team Frogout (locals that may actually visit excluded) instead get rolled into something like "First five dogs (total, not per person) during lunch on Fridays are half off" until they are all 'worked off' as it were. Basically have a Goon-funded lunch sale for a little while to try and increase patronage.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

I donated $25 earlier today and don't regret it. It's super heart warming to help fulfill a man's dream :kimchi:

We should also get him to paint :getin: on the side of his place, though maybe not with the eyebrows and teeth.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Novo posted:

At first I was worried he wouldn't get funded, now I'm worried that he only asked for half as much as he'll really need.

So, if this thing breaks $10k, I'm doubling my pledge. Who's with me?

You know, what the hell, I'm in.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

SoundMonkey posted:

This thread moved me, so I chipped in. Are you sharing any posts with him?

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Machai posted:

On the subject of not claiming too many free hotdogs, how about we suggest all the free hotdogs from Team Frogout (locals that may actually visit excluded) instead get rolled into something like "First five dogs (total, not per person) during lunch on Fridays are half off" until they are all 'worked off' as it were. Basically have a Goon-funded lunch sale for a little while to try and increase patronage.

I suggested to him splitting the unclaimed dogs between charity and as a 2-for-1 promotion on opening day. That's a good idea too though.

Brain Curry posted:

This thread moved me, so I chipped in. Are you sharing any posts with him?

I'm sharing ideas/suggestions/offers of help, not specific posts, although I do know that early on someone sent him Noni's giant post.

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Machai posted:

This is a spectacular idea. Or, something like this.

The premise is sound is what I'm saying.

Jiro Kage
Aug 6, 2003

PICKLE SURPRISE!

Machai posted:

That's a really good idea. I was just of the mind to suggest everyone hit "no reward", but asking him to have "Half-off Frog Dog Fridays" would be great.

Mathematics
Jun 22, 2011
He seems like a smart businessman, so I don't see why you guys are worrying that he's going to bankrupt himself giving dogs to the homeless or whatever.
He'll do what he can handle, I'm sure.

And few enough goons will actually claim their dogs to cost him money, I imagine. So don't worry about it.

Bellmeistr
Jul 2, 2007
Chipped in :10bux:. After all this talk of hotdogs I had to go out and get a chili dog for lunch in honor of Wayne. Most satisfying meal I've had in awhile.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Trollologist posted:

Should we tell him that the whole reason Team frogout exists is just for him?

or would that be ruining the magic a bit?
The Great Frogout of 2013

I will double my pledge if he breaks $10,000.
I also pledge to become a bitter old man if I helped kickstart a transnational hot dog franchise and never see a penny ROI.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Mathematics posted:

He seems like a smart businessman, so I don't see why you guys are worrying that he's going to bankrupt himself giving dogs to the homeless or whatever.
He'll do what he can handle, I'm sure.

And few enough goons will actually claim their dogs to cost him money, I imagine. So don't worry about it.

Yeah but he's also really really thankful and if everyone said give them to the homeless "I wouldn't be here without them" is a pretty powerful line of rasoning. Also he seems genuinely good and altruistic enough that I wouldn't be shocked if he did (I'd be super sad though). Also in for $25 as soon as I get home from school tonight.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Also I'm in Georgia but I have buddies in school in Tuscaloosa. Anyone in that area know how far it is from Tuscaloosa, because I am absolutely making it there eventually one way or another.

T.Worth
Aug 31, 2012

by XyloJW
Stop wanking on about gang tags.

We wiped grease off our fingers and grabbed our credit cars to help a guy out. That we helped him should be reward enough. How loving pathetic do you need to be to require some base validation for actually being decent human beings?

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
About this pathetic.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
I'm on the wrong continent to get any of the hotdogs, but I'm in for a fiver anyway. Go hotdogs!

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Sound monkey.

I know you're talking to the guy. Does he plan on investing in a fryer? If so, ask him about frying dogs. we had a place in portland that did it but they closed because everyone here is a hipster vegan rear end in a top hat.

frydogs are the greatest thing.

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
My fingers are still grease stained I dunno about you guys.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Reading through this thread reminded me of this nice hot dog cart by my first temp job. Sausages, tuna fish sandwiches or chili dogs practically every day that summer...

Yeah alright, I'm in for $25.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

SoundMonkey posted:

I'm not ripping on the guy for being religious, but honestly the thought of him lying in bed at night saying "Thank you, Lord, for the generous help of Team Frogout" kinda cracks me up.

I've been to church in Alabama. There's a strong chance that Team Frogout will get a shout-out in an actual house of worship.

And I'm also in for doubling my pledge if he breaks 10k.
I told the story to my wife this morning and she nearly cried so I'm sure I can get her to work it into our budget.

ChubbyPitbull
Dec 10, 2005
Awww....look how OHMYGODMYHAND!

Syndic Thrass posted:

Also I'm in Georgia but I have buddies in school in Tuscaloosa. Anyone in that area know how far it is from Tuscaloosa, because I am absolutely making it there eventually one way or another.

About 40 minutes, give or take. I'll also double my pledge at $10k. Possibly before.

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

Novo posted:

At first I was worried he wouldn't get funded, now I'm worried that he only asked for half as much as he'll really need.

So, if this thing breaks $10k, I'm doubling my pledge. Who's with me?
I'm in, doubling the pledge when it hits $10k is a drat good reason.

Going frog wild up in here.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
I only put in 10, but i'll definitely kick in 20 if he hits 10k

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
I'll double my pledge if we hit $10000. Why not!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Syndic Thrass posted:

Well, google maps just said a 36 minute drive. also worth mentioning that there is a highway running right through the middle of town. I don't know if that is where he is, but that would be fantastic for buisiness. especially with a giant frog painted on the side of the building!

fake e: looks like he is on that highway. says so right in the kickstarter

• Locked thread