Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
I'll pitch :10bux: his way to be an agent of the Lord for a minute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAN OF NICKELBACK
Apr 9, 2002

ChubbyPitbull posted:

The kid's book has already shown himself more mature than a sizeable chunk of goondom by not emotionally imploding at the first sign of someone calling his effort or intentions into question!

Yeah that's the thing I meant. He means all his words and that's the Mr. Rodgers of the whole thing.

Krile
Dec 26, 2003

Creator claude wayne robinson 2 minutes ago
@Megan Knopf:
Thanks Megan for your support.. I not sure what lagniappe is but it sounds delicious

I absolutely adore this guy. :3:

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
What's this sewer line thing? Can't he just call a 1-800-DIGSAFE number or something and get it marked for free?

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
I actually edited that blog post to include Noni's post, which was posted in the comments. I didn't delete the article because I don't usually delete things as much as correct them. I should change the title though.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

thylacine posted:

What's this sewer line thing? Can't he just call a 1-800-DIGSAFE number or something and get it marked for free?

Wayne posted:

..the last challenge is wastewater hook up.. I have'nt found the existing sewer main on the property yet, but I know its there, and the City of Reform will hook up that service..

I would assume this

e: it is in the end of the risks and challenges

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Fantastic_Mr_Fox posted:

I would assume this

e: it is in the end of the risks and challenges

I think the question was actually, "Why is he looking at all, they can just mark its location for free if he calls 811."

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Bad Munki posted:

I think the question was actually, "Why is he looking at all, they can just mark its location for free if he calls 811."

Perhaps he does not know about this. Someone should tell him.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Noyemi K posted:

I actually edited that blog post to include Noni's post, which was posted in the comments. I didn't delete the article because I don't usually delete things as much as correct them. I should change the title though.

You might just try to "correct" the fact that your blog is calling his attempt at a stable livelihood a scam then you non deleting meaniejerk

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Conquistador posted:

You might just try to "correct" the fact that your blog is calling his attempt at a stable livelihood a scam then you non deleting meaniejerk

I did actually. I also changed the title to reflect the update I posted congratulating Claude on his success.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Keep us updated on your blog updates!

Gendo
Feb 25, 2001

His place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.
Re: the sewer main:

wayne posted:

That's a good question .. The sewer main is there deep.. The city is giving me flack about it.. Sad thing is I work for the city and I'm the sewer man.. But my boss is the one that has to approve of the sewer tap and he is also the one issuing the permits.. And furthermore he don't like me much cause I won't compromise on ADEM regulations. So I'm told by other employees.. So I have to tread carefully on how I approach all that.. Probley in the next few days
ADEM refers to the Alabama Department of Environmental Management.

Principled dude. :)

Peruser
Feb 23, 2013
Our boy Wayne plays by the rules :3: He really is one of the nicest people I think I've ever seen, I still can't believe he's thanking everybody personally after all this time. If I had more money to spare I'd bump up my donation but $42 is all I can manage

Peruser fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Sep 27, 2013

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
I am in hot dog heaven. :3:

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Reminder: this kickstarter was first posted and mocked in the Awful Kickstarter thread for the exact same reasons described in Noyemi's post from three weeks ago. I don't think Doobie's Dog House is in any danger of losing credibility because of it. :rolleyes:

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Doobie Robinson, Hot Dogs and Hot Dog Accessories

ChubbyPitbull
Dec 10, 2005
Awww....look how OHMYGODMYHAND!

Noyemi K posted:

I did actually. I also changed the title to reflect the update I posted congratulating Claude on his success.

Yeah, I was searching online to see if Doobie's was getting mentioned anywhere else. I found your blog post that not only had the original criticism but was also updated to include Noni's post and a personal opinion from yourself based on new information. Nothing mean or nasty about your blog entry, the hive mind just flipped on you and the page title isn't falling on message lol. It's also ironically now the second result searching for Doobie's Dog House, right under the kickstarter :). Anyone who reads your entry can clearly follow your first impressions up to your change of heart, and anyone who's seeing the Doobie kickstarter for the first time will understand your original comments. If anything, people reading about you going from unimpressed to invested will help people look closer at the kickstarter project.

EDIT: beaten on Wayne the sewer man.

ChubbyPitbull fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Sep 27, 2013

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

Peruser posted:

Our boy Wayne plays by the rules :3: He really is one of the nicest people I think I've ever seen, I still can't believe he's thanking everybody personally after all this time. If I had more money to spare I'd bump up my donation but $42 is all I can manage

Wait, so he fixes watches, caters hotdogs AND works for the city sewer department? Hope this thing takes off for him. Kind of like being a goon right now.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I see forthcoming conflict of interest charges. The sewer guy selling the townspeople chili dogs.

Such a thinly veiled attempt at job security, I'm pulling my donation

Gendo
Feb 25, 2001

His place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.
I laughed (in a nice way) when I saw this. Wayne's a big Bo Bice fan for some reason, and he got himself a shoutout:

Wayne's cup runneth over.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

sluggo is mad posted:

Wait, so he fixes watches, caters hotdogs AND works for the city sewer department? Hope this thing takes off for him. Kind of like being a goon right now.

And we've just provided him with a massive "gently caress you" to his terrible boss:

Gendo
Feb 25, 2001

Deteriorata posted:

And we've just provided him with a massive "gently caress you" to his terrible boss:

hahahahaha I am so happy.

The Boss Hogg of poo poo loses again.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
This just keeps getting more and more :unsmith: by the minute.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
Now that this project is definitely funded can we set up a secondary Kickstarter to send Pitbull and Smashmouth to perform at the grand opening of Doobie's Dog House?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

cyberia posted:

Now that this project is definitely funded can we set up a secondary Kickstarter to send Pitbull and Smashmouth to perform at the grand opening of Doobie's Dog House?

Smashmouth eat the dogs

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

Deteriorata posted:

Oh my God. I don't think I've smiled this much in my life. Thank you Lord. :angel::hf::frogbon:

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Deteriorata posted:

I think I might have to triple my donation just to spite his poo poo boss.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

I always love when Goons decide spontaneously to band together and really help someone out and make them happy. :unsmith:

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

Gendo posted:

I laughed (in a nice way) when I saw this. Wayne's a big Bo Bice fan for some reason, and he got himself a shoutout:

Wayne's cup runneth over.
Hahaha that's wonderful.

Deteriorata posted:

This too

Syncope
May 7, 2007
:10bux:

Only because.

Peruser
Feb 23, 2013
God this is the happiest I've been in a long time, I've got the biggest, dumbest, grin on my face right now from his mothers comments earlier. Praise the Lord indeed Mrs. Robinson :unsmith:

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

Deteriorata posted:

Better and better. Dear Wayne, please kick you boss in the balls on your way out the door, love Team Frogout.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Deteriorata posted:

I think all that needs to be done to finish this fairytale is for Doobie's boss to see the kickstarter succeeding and make his own hot dog kickstarter, only for it to fail miserably.

Gendo
Feb 25, 2001

I'll see you later, boss it looks like I'm...

*puts on sunglasses*

Frogout.

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012
I legit hope this dude doesn't get fired for bitching about his terrible boss.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Deteriorata posted:

I tossed in some money to Claude. gently caress his boss, and gently caress people like him who try to skimp on following safety regulations.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
Oh yesssss thank you lord Jesus.

Freakbox
Dec 22, 2009

"And Tomorrow I can get Scared Another Day..."

:unsmith: Sometimes Goons can be super-awesome. I'm pretty sure FluffyBunnies is one of us, at least.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

GreenMetalSun posted:

I legit hope this dude doesn't get fired for bitching about his terrible boss.

Or worse: his boss just doesn't approve the sewer tap. I really am wanting this to go well for him. I would hate to see something so trivial stop it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Yeah, Fluffy Bunnies is a PI regular. I think the one with the doghorse avatar.

• Locked thread