Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlueDestiny
Jun 18, 2011

Mega deal with it

Man, I wish the collectibles had an area designator like the submarine parts do. It's not like their location is hidden since you can find every one of them on the social club site :(. Just a whole bunch of alt-tabbing to find them exactly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I only have 3 missions available for Franklin right now and none for Michael or Trevor. For Franklin, the only mission I can see for him on the map is a big green area marked "Weed Stash". When I go to it, nothing happens. What am I supposed to do for that mission? And is it a whole chain of missions? Because there should be 2 more on the map otherwise, right?

Wander around, you'll find it.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

We're just gonna open our tool palette and... get some entities... how about some nice happy trees? We'll put them near this barn. Give that cow some shade... There.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I only have 3 missions available for Franklin right now and none for Michael or Trevor. For Franklin, the only mission I can see for him on the map is a big green area marked "Weed Stash". When I go to it, nothing happens. What am I supposed to do for that mission? And is it a whole chain of missions? Because there should be 2 more on the map otherwise, right?

You've gotta find the vehicle with the weed stash in the area. If you get close to it it'll let you know.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

For everyone who has "extra" missions remaining for Franklin: the number on the character switcher counts unfinished races as available missions. Since it only seems to do this with races and not other side activities, and since the races are only available during certain time frames, Franklin's available mission counter acts a little screwy sometimes.

E: car races specifically, not sea/ATV races

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Jesus Christ, does wanted level come back after you've lost the cops if they spot you in a stolen car? :stare:

Because this has happened to me twice in the last 10 minutes or so: I'll steal a car, lose the cops, have no wanted level, drive somewhere far away, happen to drive next to a cop and my wanted level comes back. And I didn't kill anyone or hit any cop cars either time to become wanted.

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

Fibby Boy posted:

-Marnie is till texting me these cryptic messages. Like, everytime I swap to Michael I get a text from her. What the gently caress does her message mean?

She's sending you vague clues to the locations of Epsilon-related collectibles.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Irish Taxi Driver posted:

You've gotta find the vehicle with the weed stash in the area. If you get close to it it'll let you know.
Finished the mission. Thanks! :)

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Near Endgame Franklin Mission: Was anybody else bothered by How Franklin acts in the intro to Lamar Down. I always got the feeling from the way they acted in game that they were still good friends but that Lamar just got on Frank's nerves a hell of a lot, and Frank wanted to get away from the gangbanging that Lamar was still real deep in. But instead he acts like this giant idiot baby rear end in a top hat until Tanisha guilt shames him into saving the one other dude he knows besides the crew.

Ravenicus
Jun 30, 2013
Can anyone help with finding the second UFO part near the Penris Tower? I found the one on top of the building but I can't seem to find the second one at all, is it underground or something?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I can't get 100% until R* fix the disappearing street races bug.
These games are always going to have bugs, which is fair enough, but this one has quite a few that really shouldn't have slipped the net in a GTA game.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

Ravenicus posted:

Can anyone help with finding the second UFO part near the Penris Tower? I found the one on top of the building but I can't seem to find the second one at all, is it underground or something?

Yes, it's in the metro rail tunnel in an incomplete station underneath the building. You need to enter the subway at another station (those are marked on the map with the game), or there's an entrance in the drainage river that you can drive into as well.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Aurain posted:

I can't get 100% until R* fix the disappearing street races bug.
These games are always going to have bugs, which is fair enough, but this one has quite a few that really shouldn't have slipped the net in a GTA game.

That's not a bug. It tells you when you unlock them that they are only available at a certain (in-game) time of day.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Funkmaster General posted:

That's not a bug. It tells you when you unlock them that they are only available at a certain (in-game) time of day.

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200345896-Sea-Races-or-Street-Races-not-appearing-in-GTA-V

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

Sharkopath posted:

Near Endgame Franklin Mission: Was anybody else bothered by How Franklin acts in the intro to Lamar Down. I always got the feeling from the way they acted in game that they were still good friends but that Lamar just got on Frank's nerves a hell of a lot, and Frank wanted to get away from the gangbanging that Lamar was still real deep in. But instead he acts like this giant idiot baby rear end in a top hat until Tanisha guilt shames him into saving the one other dude he knows besides the crew.

Well one of the themes I took from the game is that friends are hard to make and easy to lose. Franklin (minor story spoilers) associated Lamar with his "old life" and completely ignored him once he got rich with the new crew. He could've easily left Lamar to die. But they were mirror image of Michael and Trevor's relationship. Without them saving and fighting each other constantly, he might not have realized that Lamar is indeed a friend even if they do have their differences. Tanisha was just the catalyst for him to realize this.

That's just how I felt. Franklin learned more from Michael and Trevor than just doing heists.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Jesus the cops Do Not gently caress Around in this game. Bullets are lethal as poo poo. I kinda like it and hate it at the same time.

Has anyone had the blimp disappear from their contacts list?

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009

Funkmaster General posted:

For everyone who has "extra" missions remaining for Franklin: the number on the character switcher counts unfinished races as available missions. Since it only seems to do this with races and not other side activities, and since the races are only available during certain time frames, Franklin's available mission counter acts a little screwy sometimes.

E: car races specifically, not sea/ATV races

Almost positive this is wrong. Strangers and stuff counts but I don't think races do at all. Otherwise I should have more then "1" on my counter right now and I've finished the game. All I've done is the one assassination and the one Strangers race that unlocks the races so I still have all the others left.

Does anyone know when (late game) you get the last therapist session? I thought I checked before the last heist but I never saw anything. I also only pulled about 33mil from the last heist. Is it worth redoing for a bigger haul? I only took one expensive person, a gunman, and it seems like it bit in pretty hard. I never found the Irish man to hire.

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.

Biggums posted:

"Oh boy, finally home after 3 Hours of Boring poo poo. Time for GTA5!"

*Game wont stop crashing ever*

gently caress you 1st Gen PS3

I had the same issue on a first gen PS3 with an upgraded hard drive and I found rebuilding the PS3 database solved the issue, at least temporarily:

http://www.ps3blog.net/2011/01/28/tips-and-tricks-ps3-rebuild-database-faq-recovery-menu/

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Moochewmoo posted:

Almost positive this is wrong. Strangers and stuff counts but I don't think races do at all. Otherwise I should have more then "1" on my counter right now and I've finished the game. All I've done is the one assassination and the one Strangers race that unlocks the races so I still have all the others left.

Does anyone know when (late game) you get the last therapist session? I thought I checked before the last heist but I never saw anything. I also only pulled about 33mil from the last heist. Is it worth redoing for a bigger haul? I only took one expensive person, a gunman, and it seems like it bit in pretty hard. I never found the Irish man to hire.

I'm very confident I had it before the end of the game, though I left it until afterwards.

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*
(*No worlds were harmed in the making of this title.)

I got it Just before the final mission, after the heist.
I chased him down but didn't kill him (Although he almost died running into traffic on the freeway) but that just counted the same as letting him leave peacefully unfortunately.
Does his TV/radio show actually exist after that? I've only watched TV once and it was an episode of whatshisface gangs program before he'd been introduced as an antagonist, and Impotent Rage

Cerebulon fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Sep 27, 2013

Faltese Malkin
Aug 22, 2005
Georgetown
I find it my civic duty to run over every cougar/mountain lion I come across in the game, even if I have to go out of my way to do it.

Nothing is more rewarding when you hear their growl and then run them over in a truck. Truly John Marston would be proud :patriot:

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

These loving stunt jumps are giving me more trouble than any of the other 100% criteria

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.
How exactly do I input cheat codes?

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

GruntyThrst posted:

Jesus the cops Do Not gently caress Around in this game. Bullets are lethal as poo poo. I kinda like it and hate it at the same time.

I actually really dig the increased difficulty. I don't like how cops teleport in front of you or how they seem to be lurking in unlikely places like at the top of Mt. Chilliad, but it's still better than the cops in GTA4 which you can easily lose.

I'm a little disappointed in the Rhino though. I wish it could drive over more than half a dozen cars before blowing up.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

After trying to set up an elaborate road block rampage chain reaction i realized that stolen cars just disappear after 2 when they leave your LOS. That's really disappointing.

I guess I'll never be able to blow up an enormous amount of cars on the highway while waiting on a roof with an rpg.

I still can't figure out how to get 5 stars in this fuckin thing.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It's a highway, leave a tractor trailer blocking the road and wait for the traffic to build up.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I just realized the thread title should be 'you ain't gotta like it but the hood gon' love it.' Missed opportunity, OP.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Cojawfee posted:

It's a highway, leave a tractor trailer blocking the road and wait for the traffic to build up.

This plus a sticky bomb and you will create some nice fireworks.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

She's sending you vague clues to the locations of Epsilon-related collectibles.

THANK YOU. Christ that was getting on my nerves. Now I just gotta decipher this message.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

DrNutt posted:

I just realized the thread title should be 'you ain't gotta like it but the hood gon' love it.' Missed opportunity, OP.

Soundtrack's so good in this game. Loved Hollywood Nights scripted appearance in particular.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

A tractor trailer would have probably been better. I was using busses and the idea worked fine but it was impossible to get to a vantage point to RPG the gently caress out of everything after I sticky bombed the busses without them disappearing. It was still pretty epic and I was able to blow up probably thirty cars (which caused 2 stars?) but I don't think the game is gonna let me play out my ridiculous scheme.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
You gotta use the jerry can plus a fire breathing exhaust to start the explosion to have fun without stars.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

DrNutt posted:

Haha, awww man, that is a good one! I'm sorry :shobon:

Or it could've been something about proto-hipsters too.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Dan Didio posted:

Soundtrack's so good in this game. Loved Hollywood Nights scripted appearance in particular.

I loved the song that came on as you took Patricia back to Martin. Set the mood just right

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*
(*No worlds were harmed in the making of this title.)

Well then.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
This is the first GTA game where I actually like the playable characters (My first GTA was San Andreas) and I'm not precisely sure what's different. They have a lot of the same mannerisms that bugged me about CJ and Niko, save for Trevor. Maybe it's because I'm able to switch between them so don't have to spend all my time in the game with any one character.

whoda thunkit
Sep 20, 2010
Switched to Franklin and he was saying goodbye to a blonde chick in a cab. I didnt get a good look at her but is he boning Michael's daughter?Nice pull, man.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Pudgygiant posted:

Where's the best place for an epic police showdown? Somewhere with good cover and not a lot of entrances. I tried a parking garage, it's good until they start landing on the roof.
Inside the dam only has 2 entrances. Could be very good for GTA Online.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Just hit a 180 in darts with Trevor. He shouts "OOOONE HUNDRED AND EEIIIIIIIIGGHTYYYYY!!!" like that one British announcer. Holy poo poo this owns.

Nerolus
Mar 12, 2010

"He smells like roast chicken, looks like burnt meatloaf."
I thought "Oh hey, I need to raise Michael's strength up. There's a triathlon out in Grapeseed that I need to do. Should only take a few minutes..." 28 minutes later my thumb is completely cramped up and I'm still furiously mashing A without any sort of break at all. Seriously, what the gently caress is with that triathlon? It took FOREVER and the dudes seemed to sneak up on my a ton even though I was miles ahead of them after the swimming. My health never went down unless I ran into something and the Stamina meter didn't move a single bit. I came in 1st place, BARELY. Literally they were right on my loving heels. I was screaming at my TV, "NO YOU loving DON'T YOU MOTHER FUCKERS, I'M NEVER DOING THIS BULLSHIT AGAIN!!!!!"

:negative:

One of the most wrenching game experiences in my life. gently caress the triathlon in Grapeseed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Just hit a 180 in darts with Trevor. He shouts "OOOONE HUNDRED AND EEIIIIIIIIGGHTYYYYY!!!" like that one British announcer. Holy poo poo this owns.

R.I.P Sid Waddell :(

GTA has always been bad for Rubber Banding AI and the Triathlon is a grade A example of it. I can't stand that stuff in any game, personally. If I have a huge lead, it's because I earned it through skill or knowledge drat it.

• Locked thread