Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

DragonReach posted:

Most of my statement was for others, and a cautionary statement. I used you as an example because you put it out there.

It's ok, I'm often used as a cautionary example in everyday life :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tough stains
May 23, 2007

Desire gets the upper hand over insight and foresight and the results are often needless entanglement.

The Walking Dad posted:

This is probably the most harmless and strangely altruistic example of irrational exuberance I've ever seen.

What? Contributing to a hot dog stand 13425 km (8342 miles) away that will probably close down by the time I collect my freebie?

The guy seems too nice to succeed in business.

Noni
Jul 8, 2003
ASK ME ABOUT DEFRAUDING GOONS WITH HOT DOGS AND HOW I BANNED EPIC HAMCAT
Here's kicktraq's end-of-day hot list:

Doobie's Dog House beat the Polar Pen. Whoo!

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Noni posted:

Here's kicktraq's end-of-day hot list:

Doobie's Dog House beat the Polar Pen. Whoo!

I dunno about you but I doubt Polar Pens are very delicious. And they probably already HAVE a sewage hookup, those entitled bastards.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Just threw down :10bux:, he's $100 short of $9k!

I really want to throw in that last $100, but there is no way I can afford that. He's made it this for with small donations so I'm happy to do my part.

IN TEAM FROGOUT WE TRUST

e: and as I posted this, it went up another $20 -- $72 'til $9k!

BetterToRuleInHell fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Sep 27, 2013

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
This story is so :unsmith: there's no way the news won't cover it. Good thinking Fluffs!

Barfolemew
Dec 5, 2011

Non Serviam
25 bux from me. Gives me a reason to do that USA roadtrip that i have been dreaming about.

As for the free dogs, i don't really care. If i ever make it from finland to USA i'll eat some.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Tossed in :10bux:. Good luck Claude!

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
There must be some group psychosis here. I just donated $100 to a hotdog stand in Alabama despite the fact I live in Kazakhstan, don't like hot dogs and have no intention of ever going to America.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

$9074 as of this post :aaa:

This is sort of like watching the price of bitcoin, just in reverse.

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

Just pledged $10. Awesome to see it blast far past the goal.

Ockhams Crowbar
May 7, 2007
Always the simplest solution.
Tossing in another ten dollars, also from overseas! The guy just seems so earnest. Good luck to him!

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
Did he say what he was going to do with the excess money?

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

jerichojx posted:

Did he say what he was going to do with the excess money?

He didn't say much in the KS itself, but in PMs to me he said he was looking into a flame grill for grilling buns and dogs, an actual proper fryer with appropriate fire-suppression equipment, renovations to the shack, etc.

...but really I think he probably needs the extra money for unexpected stuff that would have bitten him in the rear end otherwise.

Barfolemew
Dec 5, 2011

Non Serviam
I think he is going to spend them to equipment, fryers etc. There is a comment somewhere on the site what he want's to have there but don't have the money yet.

edit: i'm slow

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Barfolemew posted:

I think he is going to spend them to equipment, fryers etc. There is a comment somewhere on the site what he want's to have there but don't have the money yet.

edit: i'm slow

To be honest though I wouldn't fault him for just going on a gigantic bender with an extra $500 pledge because what in the gently caress just happened to my life and why.

EDIT: I'm surprised this guy's even sleeping, for the past two nights I've been up way later than I should checking to see how much is pledged, and then checking from my phone when I wake up in the morning. It's actually really loving cool to be a part of something like this.

SoundMonkey fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Sep 27, 2013

Barfolemew
Dec 5, 2011

Non Serviam

SoundMonkey posted:

To be honest though I wouldn't fault him for just going on a gigantic bender with an extra $500 pledge because what in the gently caress just happened to my life and why.

Haha, yea. I would like to see what his initial reaction was to the goonrush. Nothing for weeks and then suddenly apparently a team of frogs appear, the whole thing makes me chuckle.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

SoundMonkey posted:

I think he deserves to treat himself after nearly a month of watching and praying for someone other than his wife to donate, plus he really needs to stick it to his rear end in a top hat boss who said it would never happen.

This is a great thing to follow while dealing with a killer bout of insomnia, too. I'm gonna go to work dead tired but happy.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
I threw in $10 from abroad. Rock with your frog out!

SoundMonkey posted:

He'll be needing some Hair of the Doobie's Dog for the hangover he gets from that.

Grrr-Krishnakk
Jul 17, 2005

PUPPIES!
Just gave :10bux:. MAKING DREAMS HAPPEN gently caress YEAH.

Edit: When the campaign's over, tell him that it inspired an 800+ post thread too.

Grrr-Krishnakk fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Sep 27, 2013

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
Oh wow, his campaign actually went on for 3 whole weeks with only barely $1000 before the goon tsunami (goonami) came and rocketed him past his goal in 3 days. You would think that because there was no way for us to collect our rewards, people would stop donating. Now he is at the cusp of $10K with 6 days to spare. :woop:

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Anoia posted:

I think he deserves to treat himself after nearly a month of watching and praying for someone other than his wife to donate, plus he really needs to stick it to his rear end in a top hat boss who said it would never happen.

I think he deserves to treat himself in general, while it looks like he's getting by and paying his bills, it doesn't sound like life has been all that easy for this dude over the years.

...of course, from his sincerity so far, I'd wager that not a dime of this will be spent on anything other than the hot dog stand.

jerichojx posted:

Oh wow, his campaign actually went on for 3 whole weeks with only barely $1000 before the goon tsunami (goonami) came and rocketed him past his goal in 3 days. You would think that because there was no way for us to collect our rewards, people would stop donating. Now he is at the cusp of $10K with 6 days to spare. :woop:

Actually, the first goon donation was with 9 days to go, and it was at $65 when that happened.

EDIT: Via the power of lovely late-night math, goons have been giving this guy $125 per hour, 24 hours a day, for three days. Give or take.

SoundMonkey fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Sep 27, 2013

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Kickstarter Comments posted:

This really looks like the personification of the American dream in a hotdog stand owner, wow!
Not Team Frog-out, but would not have found the project without them (it would not have been on the front page). You guys rock.
And I really wish you the best of luck with your project, Claude!
[...]
From Switzerland, btw. :)

Our work here is done, gentlemen. The reaction is self sustaining now, cold hotdog fusion is real.

ReelBigLizard fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Sep 27, 2013

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

SoundMonkey posted:

Doobie's pup Pup PUPS!

ce gars
Dec 31, 2007

Hitting 10k seems more and more likely by the hour. I only wish I could afford to double my pledge when it gets there.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

ce gars posted:

Hitting 10k seems more and more likely by the hour. I only wish I could afford to double my pledge when it gets there.

With six days left it's almost inevitable.

During North American primetime, play the game "attempt to go use the washroom and return to your computer to find that the amount pledged has not increased." You will lose a lot more often than you win.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Haha this thread is amazing. It's great he's been funded as well. Has anyone offered to go and take some decent photos for him?

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

concerned mom posted:

Haha this thread is amazing. It's great he's been funded as well. Has anyone offered to go and take some decent photos for him?

I'm not sure if there are any Dorkroom goons in that area, but I've actually considered re-creating his dogs in my kitchen and trying to take better shots - it would be slightly inauthentic, but Wayne himself admits that the dogs in his photos are not the true dogs - he will be using different wieners, and it won't just be "what he made for dinner that night." I may make an effort at this and see what he thinks of it.

The Walking Dad
Dec 31, 2012

concerned mom posted:

Yeah, I certainly hope he invests in some quality signage and advertising material.

Hobo de los Muertos
Aug 18, 2006
I believe in Doobie's Dogs! Pledged him $20.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

:10bux: is a small amount to pay for a Hotdog Miracle.

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

I've been following this thread since it was first mentioned on the awful Kickstarter thread. The day I found out about this thread was when I came home after eating a hot dog for lunch. Coincidence? Truly a sign from the Lord.

Frog out with your dog out, Doobie! $25, stay alive. :coolfish:

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
Tossed in $5 from :sweden:

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
400 backers and $750 to go. :woop:

semiavrage
Apr 28, 2007

I'll show them... I'll show ALL of them...
Holy crap guys, I look away from this thread for like, 16 hours, and now we're approaching $10,000? Goons are awesome. This is one of the most heartwarming things SA has done in a long time. I was worried that GBS wouldn't share the enthusiasm that the awful KickStarter thread did for Doobie's. I was wrong.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

The mystery of the non-froggy backers may have been solved - a Swiss guy just commented that he pledged after seeing the project on the front page.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

SoundMonkey posted:

Once he makes it to $10k:

The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > I Believe In Doobie's Dogs - Like Watching the Price of Bitcoins in Reverse

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Is it bad I wake up an hour early before work so I can keep up on this thread? I'm wondering exactly how much/time effort it will take Doobie to make a chart of all the FrogOut contributors. Wasn't some goon going to start a spreadsheet or something? Seems like tedious work for him when he has so much other exciting work to do.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Anon Anon posted:

$25 from team Frogout (True job creators).

:smuggo: This one deserves some recognition. This thread is an endless font of joy. I've said it before, but I hope he never ever finds out who Team Frogout is, and he remembers this when he has a chain of hotdoggeries across AL and comes across someone who needs a hand up. I will never reveal the frogout secret.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefish Party
Mar 18, 2011

Cuttlefish: GO.
(They've advanced quickly.)
Heartwarming as a goddamn O. Henry story. There's no option to donate my hair or a pocketwatch but I can (and did) donate :10bux:.

• Locked thread