Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Aishan posted:

There are helicopters on-top of the hospital close to the strip club where you start the game as Franklin. I'm not sure if they're there right at the start of the game, but it's worth a shot. Other than that, there's sometimes one on the roof of the N.O.O.S.E. HQ just outside of the city, to the North-East, and sometimes one lands at a heliport near the beach when you get close.

Your best bet for planes is to try to steal one from the airport (enjoy the instant 3-star wanted level), or steal a crop-duster when it lands at one of the desert airstrips.

Fantastic. I was at one of the desert landstrips last night but didn't see any planes. Didn't realize that one would be landing after some period of time. This game... amazing.

These tall buildings, are they all open from the start, how do you get into them to get to the top?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yardbomb posted:

Put every last dollar into it, here's hoping it turns into one of the big booming stocks soon :v:

I'm waiting for it to drop jussstttt a little more.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

The Dave posted:

I'm waiting for it to drop jussstttt a little more.

Looks like it's going up to me. I bought at $2.38 yesterday. It was as low as $2.25 when the website was out of date.

edit: Well, the website might still be broken. It's not showing any investments for my characters.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Weird I dumped I think 10k or 20k into it last night and this morning I was down 7k. I'll take another look at it tonight. I'm also a huge baby and can't handle losses.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
Somebody asked earlier but I don't think there was a clear answer:

If I save game before buying a BAWSAQ stock, and find out that it wasn't a great investment, can I reload an earlier save and get my money back?

Also what's good right now to invest in (PS3)

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

thehustler posted:

Somebody asked earlier but I don't think there was a clear answer:

If I save game before buying a BAWSAQ stock, and find out that it wasn't a great investment, can I reload an earlier save and get my money back?

Also what's good right now to invest in (PS3)

Yes you can.

Pißwasser (PIS) is probably a save bet if you can wait it out. HAL also seems to keep rising but you are getting in late if you invest in that.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Ammunation 360 just tanked. I dont think its time to buy yet, but I think it'll be a good pick-up after its done crashing and burning.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo

Baron FU posted:

Yes you can.

Pißwasser (PIS) is probably a save bet if you can wait it out. HAL also seems to keep rising but you are getting in late if you invest in that.

Yep I was going to avoid HAL as it's been going for ages. If PIS is still quite low maybe that's worth it.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
I invested in AirEMU after that mid-game mission where you kill Mardrazo's cousin. Seems to have been a solidly bad idea!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I wonder how the stocks really work. If I were to do it, I'd have the stocks be based off of actions of users. However many times users do some action, it affects a certain stock however that action would affect it in real life. So buying lots of guns makes the gun stock go up. Blowing up a certain car makes that stock go down. Then every once in a while the stock dives or rises back to its original levels. Otherwise, we'll end up with Hawk and Little being worth millions of dollars per share.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Are there random events in this game like in RDR? How good is the variety?

Also, pages ago but this owns:

Powershift posted:

That's not gone well.

The suspension is too soft, and once you get in the truck, the camera goes right in between the framerails and you can't see poo poo.

The forklifts can barely reach the deck of the trailer, and when you put a pallet on one side, it leans to the point where you can't put one on the other side. i had to improvise until i realized you could load both from the same side and slide them across.

edit: to add to the difficulty, all redwood and sprunk pallets are solid and immovable, all kakagawa pallets are too heavy for the forklift to lift.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Cojawfee posted:

I wonder how the stocks really work. If I were to do it, I'd have the stocks be based off of actions of users. However many times users do some action, it affects a certain stock however that action would affect it in real life. So buying lots of guns makes the gun stock go up. Blowing up a certain car makes that stock go down. Then every once in a while the stock dives or rises back to its original levels. Otherwise, we'll end up with Hawk and Little being worth millions of dollars per share.

HAL is the new bitcoin (I'm fine with that I'm an early investor gently caress everyone else up uP UP)

lonter
Oct 12, 2012

Stare-Out posted:

From what I've experienced, these don't help all that much.

From my experience I've never flown out the windshield of a car after putting on the invisible seatbelt. The motorcycle helmet I am less sure about.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

lonter posted:

From my experience I've never flown out the windshield of a car after putting on the invisible seatbelt. The motorcycle helmet I am less sure about.

I ran up a mountain last night to get away from the cops, found a 4x4 about 3/4 up the top. I popped the helmet on and hit a bump which had me go launching head first into a tree. The 4x4 kept running about 100 feet without me. As I was walking back over to it I threw the helmet aside. I got back on the bike, reached down and picked up a new helmet that's a different color! Lots of helmets on this 4x4.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

It would be nice if the LCS (or is it LCN? I can never remember) worked that way, but it just seems to be random.

BAWSAX on the other hand, seems to be a simple "The more stocks get bought, the more expensive they become; the more they get sold, the cheaper they become", except for when the singleplayer overrides it for mission reasons.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
What are some of you saddest moments in GTA to this point?

Mine is, I bumped into some Irish dude on the pier and he went to fight me. I just learned about counters and stuff in fights, so I was trying to test it out. In the end I got the living poo poo kicked out of me, but at least it was an angry Irish guy and not some loser eating hotdogs.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Was at the Airport just driving around the runaway avoiding a 4-Star warning pretty successfully. Decide I want to steal a plane and fly out. I park next to the plane and use Franklin's special ability to shoot all the police that swarm around me. They all die, and I get out of the car - and then 2-3 new policemen spawn inside the cars that have been already cleared and blow me away. Made me pretty angry.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I love you Weazle News.

"Begging for money is looked down upon, unless you do it on the internet! Crowd Sourcing is a new term for a lazy bum!"

Really late game spoiler: I felt sick when Haines shot his partner in the skull and you saw the back of his head open up. I felt the blood rushing out of my head.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I would pay money for golf DLC with extra courses, even improv inner city golf.

Ularg posted:

Really late game spoiler: I felt sick when Haines shot his partner in the skull and you saw the back of his head open up. I felt the blood rushing out of my head.

Same here. Big WHOWTF controller-grip suddenly becoming relaxed moment, unexpected but not out of place, one tiny show of cause and effect.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

How the heck do you trigger this D? mission with Franklin? I got to the Maze Building it says go to the roof, I blimp up to the roof (perfect docking :smug:) and the little green icon vanishes. Grr!

Also, would it maybe be a good idea to migrate stock market chat to its own thread? It would let you guys short the market more efficiently.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you

Chard posted:

How the heck do you trigger this D? mission with Franklin? I got to the Maze Building it says go to the roof, I blimp up to the roof (perfect docking :smug:) and the little green icon vanishes. Grr!

Also, would it maybe be a good idea to migrate stock market chat to its own thread? It would let you guys short the market more efficiently.
He's up there but I've noticed that sometimes mission guys will just vanish for whatever reason. If you switch to someone and then switch back he should be up there.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

MrLonghair posted:

I would pay money for golf DLC with extra courses, even improv inner city golf.

Same here. Big WHOWTF controller-grip suddenly becoming relaxed moment, unexpected but not out of place, one tiny show of cause and effect.

Yeah, not a "This shouldn't be here!" but more of a "Holy poo poo this actually affected me" I thought I've become desensitized. I wasn't kidding when sometimes GTA games get a little too close to reality.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I got the scooter brother encounter yesterday and immediately rammed into him and knocked him off. He climbed back on and did a 180 on the highway, driving back in the other direction. It caused this weird bug where every single other car going in that direction started turning left into oncoming traffic to follow him!

Then later I rammed a dude so hard while drunk driving I knocked one of his wheels off.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

So apparently you can do this...

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

whoknew posted:

So apparently you can do this...

This has been on my mind of wanting to try for a very long time. Now go find another tow truck and keep on towin' boy! Edit: you can also tow cola trucks with the small tow-truck.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

VisAbsoluta posted:

Are there random events in this game like in RDR? How good is the variety?

As far as I can tell, they're all one-offs. A few of them just have repeat locations (mainly muggings and armored cars).

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Hobo Clown posted:

Then later I rammed a dude so hard while drunk driving I knocked one of his wheels off.

I love doing this, it's so drat satisfying to t-bone someone in the sweet spot and break off their tire. I did it to one guy who pulled back into traffic missing his rear driver side wheel and he just kept going like nothing was wrong.

Then his car caught fire and he roasted :shobon:

I also love how you can start fires in cars by blasting the engine through the front grille.

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
Are there more than like two encounters that end in heist personnel? I've been dicking around for a while but all I have are Packie and the wounded driver.

Slightly bummed Franklin can't play tennis.

Cluncho McChunk
Aug 16, 2010

An informational void capable only of creating noise

glandmine posted:

Are there more than like two encounters that end in heist personnel? I've been dicking around for a while but all I have are Packie and the wounded driver.

That's it as far as I know.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I just found out you can play with Mr. Strawberry Jam.

DaitoX
Mar 1, 2008

Obsurveyor posted:

Looks like it's going up to me. I bought at $2.38 yesterday. It was as low as $2.25 when the website was out of date.

edit: Well, the website might still be broken. It's not showing any investments for my characters.

I bought at 2.25, it is at 2.75 now according to the website, so an upwards trend is starting.

The question is, how high can be expected this will go? I missed out on the HAL one so I am not sure what happened there. I am kinda hoping to at least double my money before I do the final 3 assassination missions.

edit: apparently 360 and PS3 are seperate, I am on PS3.

Crappers
Jun 16, 2012
My new favourite pastime.

Fun little spot at the meth lab for defending off waves of cops. Then when it starts to heat up too much hop my previously stashed bike and have an epic chase through the desert. Feels like I'm playing Motocross Madness with the added risk of death.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Trauma Tank posted:

That's it as far as I know.

Yeah, considering the amount of stuff people have managed to discover already, I think we'd know if there were any more of those, and there don't seem to be.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

glandmine posted:

You get Chef through Trevor and he's actually one of the best gunman you can get in the game.

Cluncho McChunk
Aug 16, 2010

An informational void capable only of creating noise

Crappy Jack posted:

Yeah, considering the amount of stuff people have managed to discover already, I think we'd know if there were any more of those, and there don't seem to be.

Hopefully there'll be a whole bunch more of that stuff in GTA Online. At this point I think I'm looking to Online to fill in my problems with the game, such as a lack of crew members, freeform/repeatable/well-paying heists, and my drat cars not constatnly disappearing.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Party Plane Jones posted:

You get Chef through Trevor and he's actually one of the best gunman you can get in the game.

He's also pretty cool.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

What's the best way to give other characters cars? I've found something as Franklin which I need for a Trevor mission, but obviously I can't put it in Trevor's garage or any of his safehouses.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Kifisonfire posted:

What's the best way to give other characters cars? I've found something as Franklin which I need for a Trevor mission, but obviously I can't put it in Trevor's garage or any of his safehouses.
Call Trevor to hang out then switch when you're both in the same area? Does that work?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kifisonfire posted:

As Franklin, drive somewhere near where Trevor may be, such as his safe house.
Switch to Trevor and get him where Franklin was.
Switch back to Franklin and move him back to where you've put Trevor. Move T back if he's wandered.
When they're together, get out and then run Frank out of the way and switch to T and get in. If you're too slow Frank will get back in the vehicle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Kifisonfire posted:

Call Trevor to hang out, when you get close to him cancel the man date. Pull the car up to Trevor, get out and run a bit away from the car. Switch to Trevor, get in car and drive away.

If you dont run away a little ways with Frank, he'll run back and pull you out of the car since you are jacking his ride.

• Locked thread