Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
All I got was a hole in my suit.

Bartie posted:

Why would you grow that on the forehead of all places?

Seems better than, say, on the butt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Bartie posted:

It's actually a fairly standard method for replacing a nose! This way, they can just cut around the upper nose leaving the bit at the 'top' connected and just kind of rotate it into place without worrying about losing the blood supply to it during transplant.

Here's a decent article on the why's of what they are doing.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Confuse your cat.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Edminster posted:

It's actually a fairly standard method for replacing a nose! This way, they can just cut around the upper nose leaving the bit at the 'top' connected and just kind of rotate it into place without worrying about losing the blood supply to it during transplant.

You just wear a beanie for a while, no problem :v:

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Shoehead posted:

You just wear a beanie for a while, no problem :v:

Um, how will he breath, moran?

DownItGoes
Jul 1, 2008

The Ape of Naples posted:

Um, how will he breath, moran?

Awful. :downs:

substitute
Aug 30, 2003

you for my mum

Inpossible
Oct 9, 2012

Edminster posted:

Didn't some guy lose his penis in a electric fence accident and have it grow back on his leg like that?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Bartie posted:

High blood supply to ensure it stays alive, probably. If I had to guess I'd say he's growing a new nose to replace a damaged one.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

VanSandman posted:

High blood supply to ensure it stays alive, probably. If I had to guess I'd say he's growing a new nose to replace a damaged one.

Surely you don't think that that he's growing for any other reason? A bet? A fashion accessory? He really likes to smell coffee?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

spog posted:

He really likes to smell coffee?

Do you often pour coffee on your temple?

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Every morning. Welcome to corporate!

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

After the money changers had got the boot, in came the fair trade bean merchants.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

steinrokkan posted:

You shouldn't mock people with a drinking problem.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

2011 was a strange year.

Also drat, Skyrim was released 2 years ago.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
What was stopping the winners of that contest from just legally changing their son's name after they got the prize?

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

RatHat posted:

What was stopping the winners of that contest from just legally changing their son's name after they got the prize?

That spending a couple hundred bucks to change their kids name they used to win a couple hundred bucks of video games is a little silly.

I'd imagine that the terms of the award prevented them from doing so as well.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

I think I heard here that some families named their daughters Khaleesi recently.

OK Some Butt Stuff
Jun 9, 2002

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

gleep gloop posted:

I think I heard here that some families named their daughters Khaleesi recently.

:negative:

I don't know what's worse...that name, or that I'm upset they used her title, not her actual name.

I think Daenerys would be slightly better, because at least the girl would have the option of going by Dany, not an entirely unheard of name for a girl.

As bad as it was that Twilight influenced a generation of Edwards, Bellas, and Jacobs, and least those are established names, not ones made up for a freakin' fantasy series.

PepeSilvia
Mar 17, 2009

DrBouvenstein posted:

:negative:

I don't know what's worse...that name, or that I'm upset they used her title, not her actual name.

I think Daenerys would be slightly better, because at least the girl would have the option of going by Dany, not an entirely unheard of name for a girl.

As bad as it was that Twilight influenced a generation of Edwards, Bellas, and Jacobs, and least those are established names, not ones made up for a freakin' fantasy series.

Inpossible
Oct 9, 2012

Inpossible posted:

Didn't some guy lose his penis in a electric fence accident and have it grow back on his leg like that?

Apparently the penis was grown back on the arm:crossarms:

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
Just imagine that guy waving at you from across the street. "Hey! Hey, buddy! Long time no s-- hey, where're you going?"

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Buckethead Wendy, is that you?

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Another satisfied customer.

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum
Most of those are awful but there is one that stands out as just bizarre. Banjo (and Kazooie)... If we're going to go with Banjo then why not Ratchet? Donkey? Crash?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
"Hi, I'm Joe Wilkins, this is my wife Suzanne, and these are our kids, Shodan and Hal."

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

Phy posted:

"Hi, I'm Joe Wilkins, this is my wife Suzanne, and these are our kids, Shodan and Hal."
Man the terrible twos are gonna suuuuuuck for those parents.

twosideddice
Jan 7, 2009

Erebus posted:

Made worse by Kazooie actually being a girl in the game. I can imagine that one being uncomfortable.

"Son, not only did we name you after a computer game bird, but it turns out it was a girl computer game bird. Sorry about that, have some therepy"

Balobam
Apr 28, 2012

Erebus posted:

Lmao.

Bloodrayne.

Most those kids could probably get used to their names since they sound kinda namelike, but that's just 2 words that you don't name things slapped together into one big lovely word you definitely don't want to name a child.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Erebus posted:

But Majora was a girl?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Majora was a mask with no particular gender I'm aware of.

It's funny how many people I knew when banjo kazooie came out who thought Kazooie was a boy despite, you know, her main ability being to lay eggs.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

greatn posted:

It's funny how many people I knew when banjo kazooie came out who thought Kazooie was a boy despite, you know, her main ability being to lay eggs.

I can almost understand: male birds laying eggs, like bulls with udders, are a staple of dumb cartoony stuff. But only almost since that's still a really dumb assumption.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

greatn posted:

It's Nintendo. No tiara, hair bow, or bikini means not a girl.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Kazooie does wear lipstick though.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Although the corollary to this is the transvestite Birdo from SMB2:

(It's worth noting the original manual mixed up Birdo and Ostro's names.)

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

DrBouvenstein posted:

Although the corollary to this is the transvestite Birdo from SMB2:

(It's worth noting the original manual mixed up Birdo and Ostro's names.)

And I bet there is a loving ton of fanfiction written about that.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Inpossible posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Just pointing out that Robin Williams has a daughter named Zelda. Who was named after the game.

• Locked thread