Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aureus
Nov 20, 2006

corpuscollossus posted:

Is 'clutch closer' a thing in america? Never heard it. Should've gone with something about a babby's arm imo.

Closers are a specific kind of Pitcher. They... close out the game. So yes I suppose a 'clutch closer' is a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

T Fowl posted:

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

hrmmmmm

on one side we've got the greatest closer in baseball history and on the other a guy who makes funny faces and might be SAF's son

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
I don't give a poo poo about baseball players. Please don't post baseball players.

But please post stuff like this:

Argentina 1978.

Taken from here.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

tetsman posted:

Taken from here.

the best thing ever published on that website

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Totti's birthday cake :3:

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

Aureus posted:

Closers are a specific kind of Pitcher. They... close out the game. So yes I suppose a 'clutch closer' is a thing.

It is not, however, an association football soccer thing, at all.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Lamont Cranston posted:

It is not, however, an association football soccer thing, at all.

the most glorified of impact subs

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
New rule: If you post about American football, baseball, basketball or hockey in this thread ever again bad things happen to your account and I will gently caress with your av and title for as long as you're on the forums. I cannot make this clear enough, shut the gently caress up about other sports in this, the Football Pictures Thread, forever. Don't even post pics of other sports, or from dogshit websites like Soccernet. Please and thanks for your time.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Click that link Tetsman posted and look at some of the best football pics I've ever seen in my life

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Goon spotted.

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

Gigi Galli posted:

Totti's birthday cake :3:

This owns, Totti owns. Forza i giallorossi (until 2016)

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Sorry about posting another picture of Arsenal players doing things but...

Bobby Pires ( :allears: ) training with Arsenal, he could probably teach Özil a thing or two :cool:

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

T. Finninho posted:

New rule: If you post about American football, baseball, basketball or hockey in this thread ever again bad things happen to your account and I will gently caress with your av and title for as long as you're on the forums. I cannot make this clear enough, shut the gently caress up about other sports in this, the Football Pictures Thread, forever. Don't even post pics of other sports, or from dogshit websites like Soccernet. Please and thanks for your time.

Fair enough, I honestly realized after I posted it and looked back it was meant for the bad posts thread, not this one.

It's a retarded comparison that has no merit, let alone logic... That was all. Soccernet is worse than dogshit. Why do I still check it every now and then, I have no loving clue.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

T Fowl posted:

Fair enough, I honestly realized after I posted it and looked back it was meant for the bad posts thread, not this one.

It's a retarded comparison that has no merit, let alone logic... That was all. Soccernet is worse than dogshit. Why do I still check it every now and then, I have no loving clue.

Not trying to single you out, this thread has been real real bad lately and it's kind of a project to be really angry and strict in here to get it back on track

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Are we still posting pictures of pitches we've played on? I can't be certain because I was only 12 or so and this isn't my photo but Im almost positive that I played on this pitch in Garmisch, Germany. I remember the mountains vividly. We played in a little tournament with a few other American military sides and a local team that crushed all of us.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

Such happy lads :allears:

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Ninpo posted:

Fuckin love Giggs. :allears:

Biased edit there, here's the full version

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Hereford's players after defeating Newcastle in a different one of the "Golden Years" galleries

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections

T. Finninho posted:

what could jordan henderson possibly have to say to Ryan Giggs to talk poo poo to him?

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!

tetsman posted:

I don't give a poo poo about baseball players. Please don't post baseball players.

But please post stuff like this:

Argentina 1978.

Taken from here.

Argentina Campion

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

ayb posted:

what could jordan henderson possibly have to say to Ryan Giggs to talk poo poo to him?

At least I'm not my nephews dad?

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
So one of the big derbyes in Sweden was last night and as usual fans were douchebags and tried to attack the police. Watch this video to its end to see how the police got them away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MDVm4duKbs

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

T. Finninho posted:

Henderson would smash him in a fight, Giggs is a giant pussy

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Someone mentioned Chris Iwelumo in the PL thread, which is all the excuse I need to post this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqkShPKgAbw

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Semprini posted:

Someone mentioned Chris Iwelumo in the PL thread, which is all the excuse I need to post this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqkShPKgAbw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGpQG_8gkaQ

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

RIP

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

lomzus posted:

So one of the big derbyes in Sweden was last night and as usual fans were douchebags and tried to attack the police. Watch this video to its end to see how the police got them away.

It's is great.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

lomzus posted:

Genius. I also love all the old football photos

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

lomzus posted:

The police made the escalator collapse? Not likely. Hopefully nobody was hurt.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
I believe the escalator gave out due to heavy load but I also liked to think that it was a police tactic. There are loads more videos of escalators giving out that are oddly amusing to watch.

yes, of course this would happen in Japan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzRDWSYegNM

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

lomzus posted:

Isn't that really dangerous? I would imagine there's a huge risk of people getting trampled at the bottom. At least nobody else got on, I've been in a big crowd where an escalator keeps feeding people in and it was a scary experience.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

ayb posted:

Dunno but it made giggs run away like a little bitch, as ever lol

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

pissy smelliott posted:

Dunno but it made giggs run away like a little bitch, as ever lol

Yeah it wasn't the ref telling him he's on a yellow or anything :rolleyes:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Gigi Galli posted:

Are we still posting pictures of pitches we've played on? I can't be certain because I was only 12 or so and this isn't my photo but Im almost positive that I played on this pitch in Garmisch, Germany. I remember the mountains vividly. We played in a little tournament with a few other American military sides and a local team that crushed all of us.

I knew that was Garmisch before you said it. Beautiful place, and the Militar community there is pretty small (lucky bastards tough). They also have this place called the Edelweiss Lodge and Resort that's for military folk and the like.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Courtesy of GOM

Soup and a Sandwich
Apr 8, 2008

skeng
i dunno, that's a weird mix of the last 50 years of gig posters

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

chuggo is BACK