Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

E makes me think of Athena Sykes from the new Ace Attorney in an airline attendant costume.

Not that it matters though, because F's so blatantly "Roll" that, as mentioned, it's almost guaranteed to win.

I'm kind of surprised that none of the designs from the announcement besides F made it to the vote though. The pink-haired one in particular I expected to be there, since it had several pictures.

CandyCrazy fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Sep 27, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Come on guys, how can you not all love this? B is great.

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

It's a vote for B from me. I wouldn't mind seeing A or E in the game though. A is pretty nice, though I don't really like those pigtail cannon things.

D, G, H, and I are all really dull to me, and C just creeps me right out. Those eyes... ugh.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
Went for G in the end, because dammit IC reasoning.

Though B I swear has this whole Arale from Doctor Slump/DBZ vibe to her.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Gaffle posted:

It's a vote for B from me. I wouldn't mind seeing A or E in the game though. A is pretty nice, though I don't really like those pigtail cannon things.

D, G, H, and I are all really dull to me, and C just creeps me right out. Those eyes... ugh.

I actually like C because of that. Its the clearest "this is a robot" design of all 9 of them.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BexGu posted:

I actually like C because of that. Its the clearest "this is a robot" design of all 9 of them.

Yeah, that is also why I went for it.

Also we're likely to get a co-op mode and that looks like the most fun to play as.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

BexGu posted:

Yeah I'll admit that's the one where, whoever the artist was, they took time to experiment with how she might have abilities like Beck's (c'mon Co-Op mode!).

Really, I think each of the artists took a different point to what they meant to draw on with regards to Call. Some are based on the pun, and so have her set up like a command center operator. Others go for the emotionless robot route. Others take female sidekick and run with it.

D apparently thought that Wily's hair needed its presence in the game.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Really liked the two darker haired designs they showed early on, but I guess those are off the table.

As it is, I think I'll vote for B. Something about the design reminds me of Samurai Pizza Cats. Perhaps her hat opens up to fire tiny missiles.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, that is also why I went for it.

Also we're likely to get a co-op mode and that looks like the most fun to play as.

She has tank tread legs/addon and can merge with a Unicorn! Why pick anything else if we are getting online co-op mode!

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

...Looking at it in detail, C kinda looks like Cutman somehow had a daughter with one of the vocaloid twins.

...C.

Cutman.

Gah!

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

C looks too overly complex, and bronies make me compulsively hate anything associated with horses and unicorns.

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Come on guys, how can you not all love this? B is great.

Seriously how could you vote for anything else after seeing that?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tengames posted:

Seriously how could you vote for anything else after seeing that?

Because if I'm going to play as a character I don't want it to be one designed as a cutesy cheerleader for the protagonist first? B is easily the worst when it comes to the "we're designing this as a playable character" area.

H is probably the best for "this is the female counterpart to Beck" design but C is totally the one that looks the most fun to play as.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Sep 27, 2013

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

C is a neat design, though the large extra legs look kind of weird. E is probably my favorite design. Maybe because they include expressions next to her instead of maid outfits or panties or taking off her shirt.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
Voted B for pants.

Sure A has pants too but it's unlikely to win.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Is B supposed to have pants? With the way the legs are segmented, it looks like she's got some Strike Witches thing going on there.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

I think she's... technically naked on the lower half, but its modelled to look like trousers. Her shirt looks like an actual shirt, but everything below it has exposed joints. That, or we have achieved robo daisy dukes.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!
It's creepy to think too hard about a robot girl's body parts. There's no pantsu peek zett kawai!! when it's a featureless piece of metal. Kind of like:

Which looks more like my iphone 5:

Mister Roboto fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Oct 23, 2014

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
I went with A. C's eyes are just...there's something off about them. That and there's too much going on with her hair.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I liked the first two designs because they're goofy, the rest are kimd of closer to generic manufactured anime girl. We should have a girl character who isn't so boringly prim and proper and girly.
B reminds me of that girlbot with the glasses and overalls who has a poop on a stick, from dr. slump I think?

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

What bugged me the most about C was all the sketches feature that same blank facial expression. Rocket boots and pincer hands are awesome and call for more intense expressions. Maybe it will look better in the finalized design, if it wins. The face aside, C is actually really cool and exciting.

I'm sure they'll manage to make Call interesting no matter which design wins. Curious to see which three make it to the final vote.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
C the best, A second best for bigass ponytail cannons. :allears:

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

A is the best, the rest are kind of embarrassing.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mister Roboto posted:

It's creepy to think too hard about a robot girl's body parts. There's no pantsu peek zett kawai!! when it's a featureless piece of metal. Kind of like Persona's Aigis:

Which is about as objectively sexual as my iphone 5:

Its weird how people P3 fans are so obsessed with this dumb robot, her story is horrible. Atlus must really know its audience.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
I wound up voting for E, because I really like the exaggerated emotion in the side-panel faces the artist provided.

Also I like the flight attendant chic she has going on

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

quakster posted:

Probably because the games differ so much they might as well be from different genres and it would sell in the six digits at best?

It really isn't that different than Sonic Generations in that regard, man, and as someone else said, Sonic games are usually good sellers. I would totally shell out $60 for a Megaman/Sonic crossover, especially if it's as good as Generations.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
Wow, it's pretty obvious which one is Inafune's.

D

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...
So, whats the chance of there being a 3DS version?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

Slim to none.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

About 814,000 chances. :v:

Snix
Aug 31, 2012

After the war of great troll, he only stands. He now returns to the legendary city to seek revenge on the death of his village. Episode 1: "Legendary School Girl Bubble Gum! Will Senpai Notice Me!?"
Voted for F, because it felt the most suited as Call, imo. Though I wouldn't mind at all if E won. The expressions on that one were pretty, well, expressive. And the headset is cool.

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

They're still going to be taking Paypal donations, and we still have, like, two years. If Comcept can keep people motivated, it's still a possibility. Plus, some of the profit from the game itself when it releases could go towards working on portable versions.

Snix fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Sep 28, 2013

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I dunno which one to choooooseeee guuyyyyssss.

Will you hate me if I choose H, which is the blandest, most boring and generic design that looks a lot like Roll? That one almost has an Astro Boy \ Cyborg 009 \ classic anime sort of look to her costume. I think it's because she has a scarf \ ascot \ whatever. I sort of like that design because it looks like it could have come out of 60s or 70s anime.

What's interesting though, is I's legs seem to be made of xels, I like that as Beck's limbs have that same pattern and it signified that they have a similar design lineage, although it says she should be different than Beck, instead of similar.

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

Gammatron 64 posted:

Will you hate me if I choose H, which is the blandest, most boring and generic design that looks a lot like Roll? That one almost has an Astro Boy \ Cyborg 009 \ classic anime sort of look to her costume. I think it's because she has a scarf \ ascot \ whatever. I sort of like that design because it looks like it could have come out of 60s or 70s anime.

What's interesting though, is I's legs seem to be made of xels, I like that as Beck's limbs have that same pattern and it signified that they have a similar design lineage, although it says she should be different than Beck, instead of similar.

To be honest I'm pretty sure that H is going to be the one which will win, after all she's not-the-megaman-3-legends-heroine, and given her resemblance to Hatsune Miku, the Japanese are effectively obligated to vote for her. The other 2 rounding up would be B who would lose because western internet tough guys would think she's too kawaii desu, and F who would lose because western internet hipsters would think she's too Roll.

mikemil828 fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Sep 28, 2013

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I went with G, since she looks the most robot-y with her blank expression and multiple arms. A and F would be the runners up, each with one or two things holding them back. A very much looks like a playable character, and her hair cannons are neat, but she has the dumb glasses and face that shows expressions. F (which I am pretty sure will be the winner) suits the game's artistic feel pretty well and also feels worthy of being a main character, looks the most like a NotRoll, and the couple shots with the more expressionless face I think work well, but she feels like she was intended to suit various fetishes and that creeps me out more than a little bit. The rest are either boring, creepy (not in the good No. 3 way), or in the case of C look like some stage enemy you're supposed to blow up.

But seriously I want to play as the emotionless killing machine robot with 6 arms.

Syfe
Jun 12, 2006

RushJet1 posted:

New MM1 cover/playthrough vid, Guts Man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKFbVZp2V3A

This is pretty awesome. Did you do this? I found it a few weeks ago and have been absolutely in love with it. Do you have any more from Mega Man 5 GB?

Also, on the note of Call.

I picked B, it's just too cute. C freaks me out and I would have looked at E if not for the fact that she has a bra on the outside.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

mikemil828 posted:

F who would lose because western internet hipsters would think she's too Roll.

How does that make them hipsters? Maybe they want the game to have a more unique style that doesn't feel overly derivative of Mega Man. I mean, yeah MN9 is basically Not-Mega Man: The Game, but that doesn't mean it can't strive for some originality in places.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Gammatron 64 posted:

Don't feel too bad, I also voted H because I feel it's the most elegantly simple design and it stands out for that. I think that F is gonna win for some reason, however.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Syfe posted:

This is pretty awesome. Did you do this? I found it a few weeks ago and have been absolutely in love with it. Do you have any more from Mega Man 5 GB?

Also, on the note of Call.

I picked B, it's just too cute. C freaks me out and I would have looked at E if not for the fact that she has a bra on the outside.

Bra? She has a necktie on.

Syfe
Jun 12, 2006

I guess I see what you mean, I can see it as either, I clearly see the necktie at closer inspection, but it just looked like a bra to me.

That said, I still would've gone with B.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Blackheart posted:

Don't feel too bad, I also voted H because I feel it's the most elegantly simple design and it stands out for that. I think that F is gonna win for some reason, however.

Yeah, I like F and H the most as they're the most simple and elegant designs. C is weird and creepy and I think a couple of them are a little overdesigned.

In retrospect, simple might not mesh the best in this game, given how far out and abstract most of the bosses are. That said, the only boss design I don't like so far is Mr. Revolver hat, minigun arms. Sorry guys, he looks stupid as poo poo and a lot of his rejected designs are way better. Creepy lightbulb lady and badass one-armed bandit Jigen make up for him, though.

Screaming Idiot posted:

It really isn't that different than Sonic Generations in that regard, man, and as someone else said, Sonic games are usually good sellers. I would totally shell out $60 for a Megaman/Sonic crossover, especially if it's as good as Generations.

Sonic and Megaman are extremely similar on an aesthetic and superficial level, although their actual gameplay styles are way, WAY different. Both are blue, both fight mad scientists with robot armies (Wily and Eggman are EXTREMELY similar characters), both are primarily known for cutesy sidescrollers, but the similarity ends there.

Sonic is all about platforming and navigating a level at high speeds and rewards players for taking higher routes and the like. Sonic is all about the journey. Items are everywhere, guiding you on the best route to go. Sonic is more closely related to Mario and Donkey Kong Country.

Classic Megaman is more like Castlevania - you slowly go from screen to screen, trying to figure out the optimal way to take out enemies. Both Mega Man and Simon Belmont can only attack directly in front of themselves normally (although Mega Man has a much longer range, and has faster and more responsive controls) and they need to resort to using special weapons creatively to get bad guys at an angle.

Sonic is all about getting from point A to point B and fighting bad guys isn't emphasized very much. Any baddie that isn't an end of stage boss that takes more than one hit just slows Sonic down and kills his momentum. Mega Man is all about demolishing all the evil robots that stand in his way, sometimes in creative ways. They aren't the best mix. Give Sonic a gun and you wind up with Shadow the Hedgehog.

GET IN THE ROBOT fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Sep 28, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:

Astro Nut posted:

Though B I swear has this whole Arale from Doctor Slump/DBZ vibe to her.
Great, so it's not just me. If it's not just looks and she's basically Arale, that might break the game. :ohdear:

Chibs fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Sep 28, 2013