Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mareep
Dec 26, 2009

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Really? It isn't showing up under staff picks for me.

I don't know about staff picks, but there is something super :3: about seeing this on the same page as Mighty No. 9:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jillyputty
May 1, 2011
Hot dogs were pretty much my favorite food as a child. Way to go, Team Frogout!

Edit: Forgot to say I pledged :10bux:!

jillyputty fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Sep 28, 2013

Tsed
Jan 30, 2008

aaaaag drugs

Threw down :10bux: because this had me smiling this week.

Robo Kitty
Sep 5, 2011

There was a POST here. It's gone now.

Bold Robot posted:

I like this exchange from earlier this afternoon:

Sounds like Claude Wayne isn't sure he can source any 100% Alabama veggie dogs.

Hah, that was me. :3: I figure by the time Doobie's is the #1 hot dog chain in the country and opens up their first Bay Area franchise they'll have added veggie dogs to the menu.

Hopefully someone will have figured out how to improve veggie dogs by then, because they are gross.

delfrickintree
Jan 4, 2007
I Paint Naked Nerds
The last time I got excited for a kickstarter was Shadowrun Returns, which I ended up pledging $125 (and coincidentally just got my rewards in the mail yesterday). Unfortunately times have changed and I can only offer a meager amount, but just being part of this hilarious and awesome movement is worthwhile. Hotdog Philanthropists unite! I've dreamed of taking an American roadtrip someday, and I will be sure to swing through Reform, AL to be a patron to his business (or just to see the remnants if that's what it comes down to..)

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
I really like this guy's enthusiasm. Hopefully Doobie's will do well. In for :10bux:

Man Yam
Aug 31, 2004
Pickle. No! You pickle!
I spent most of the day reading through the thread while working on other projects. I put in my :20bux:. Hotdog stand road trip sounds unhealthy and fun as hell.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

In for $25. That's about how much I paid for my sushi lunch yesterday, so it seems like the least I could do.

Buddy_Cthulhu
Jun 10, 2005

Double downed to :10bux:. This is awesome.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Edit: Indeed. poo poo.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Sep 28, 2013

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
Wrong thread.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Robo Kitty posted:

Hopefully someone will have figured out how to improve veggie dogs by then, because they are gross.

Here's yer veggie dog:

serious-talk: quarter that fucker, cover it in olive oil, soy sauce, and lemon pepper, and chuck it on the grill :swoon:

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
kicked in another 25 to see this thing go over 12,000. Whos good for another 25?

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester
I tossed in. We're within $75 of the goal now.

ohgodwhat
Aug 6, 2005

$25 short of $12k. I went to pay that through Amazon, but it's saying my account is disabled for some stupid reason. :(

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Bad Munki posted:

Here's yer veggie dog:

serious-talk: quarter that fucker, cover it in olive oil, soy sauce, and lemon pepper, and chuck it on the grill :swoon:

If that guy had taken me up on making veggie dogs, I was going to carve dogs out of vegetables. :smith: I just tried to $25 through amazon and it's just forever-loading at me.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
$25 away from doubling his goal! Dude is gonna have the best little hot dog hut in Alabama!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
He is getting soo laid tonight...

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Robo Kitty posted:

Some of the ones found in supermarkets are terrible but I have had some amazing veggie dogs from food trucks. They can definitely be made right.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

If that guy had taken me up on making veggie dogs, I was going to carve dogs out of vegetables. :smith: I just tried to $25 through amazon and it's just forever-loading at me.

It must have gone through cause we have 12k! :swoon:

\/ Or that. Thanks, man.

Ataru13
Jul 28, 2005

...Packing Space-Age Shit!
Just doubled down so we could hit 12k.

Noni
Jul 8, 2003
ASK ME ABOUT DEFRAUDING GOONS WITH HOT DOGS AND HOW I BANNED EPIC HAMCAT

That's a beautiful thing right there.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I put in $25 after running into it on a goon's Facebook page. This is an amazing thing, and I appreciate you folks sharing Doobie's Dogs.

Sid Delicious
Oct 31, 2007
:sidvicious:

I can't pitch until Monday and I can only pitch ten dollars, but this will be the first Kickstarter I donate to. I am so happy for this guy, and you goons are just loving amazing people. I too dream of one day opening a little restaurant, although mine will be a burger place, not a hot dog place, and this incredible act of kindness you guys are doing has given me faith that maybe I can accomplish my dream someday too. Shine on you crazy Frog Outs.

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro
I put in $10 earlier today. This is all just so wonderful. :3: I hope I end up in Alabama someday so I can get a Frogdog!

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
We just surpassed 12k. :toot: I chipped in my :10bux:.

ChubbyPitbull
Dec 10, 2005
Awww....look how OHMYGODMYHAND!
So saying maybe 10% off for Kickstarter/Amazon processing, how much in taxes is Wayne looking at having to pay on this income?

Silly Voodoo
Mar 31, 2011

There will be no clipping!
Kicked in :10bux:. This whole thing is doing wonders for my faith in humanity. :unsmith:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

ChubbyPitbull posted:

So saying maybe 10% off for Kickstarter/Amazon processing, how much in taxes is Wayne looking at having to pay on this income?

Next to nothing on his current income, this is probably gift income so..."doesn't matter"?

e: Seriously he should get some advice on how to deal with this extraneous income on tax forms. I'm sure there is something on KS to deal with this.

e: vv yeah

Burt Sexual fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Sep 28, 2013

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

ChubbyPitbull posted:

Kickstarter has a guide on taxes. Looks like the upshot is 1) it's probably income; 2) if he spends it on the business, it's probably deductible; and 3) he may be able to claim it's a gift, in which case it's not taxable. I think he's got a decent case that most of the Frogout donations are gifts since we've all stated many times on his page that we don't expect to claim our rewards, but if anyone puts up an ad for the higher reward tiers, that's probably income.

If it's income, it just gets taxed at the normal rate, i.e. probably not very much because I can't imagine Claude Wayne is in a very high tax bracket.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Doobie's going to spend it all on hookers and blow. His wife will leave him, his kids will disown him. He will die face down in the gutter, alone, choking on a hot dog.

Nice work, goons.

Necropasta
Aug 19, 2008

TOGETHER AT LAST
I saw this thread earlier today and had to check out the ks. I love SA guerilla charity and doobies was so cute and earnest and honest I threw in 10...came back to read the rest of the thread and now I'm in tears and this poo poo has made my day. Seriously hope I can visit Alabama someday, and wow never thought I'd say that.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

I know we're absolutely not about telling a guy how to run his crazy hot dog empire, but... I broke down and asked him how married he was to the processed cheese. The only real objections to his dogs that I've heard in this thread are the chilli and the cheese. He's already assured me that he will be using thicker, better, home-made chilli when he actually opens, but man... I just can't help but think that even to a Southern palate, some grated medium cheddar would do wonders for that dog.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
While I personally agree, I'm also aware that some people actually prefer slices of american cheese. Plain, on burgers, on a hotdog, some people just legit love that poo poo. It has always mystified me. :iiam:

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Holy Calamity! posted:

While I personally agree, I'm also aware that some people actually prefer slices of american cheese. Plain, on burgers, on a hotdog, some people just legit love that poo poo. It has always mystified me. :iiam:

Oh I know, and I have some oddly shameful food preferences too, I just figured maybe it would be both easy and economical to let people have the option.

TyrsHTML
May 13, 2004

Holy Calamity! posted:

I will admit my love of this exact thing, but yea his should have some good shredded cheddar.

Edit: Update 10

I just wanted to give an update .. Thank you so much .. We are at the 200% level... That is double funded... That is so incredible .. Never in my life have I seen such a outpouring of love and friendship towards another human being... We are so blessed to have each and every one of you on our side...thank you for believing in a man and his dogs..lol....today after work I went to the site where the building will be located and did some measurements.. And met with the land owner that is leasing me the spot about trimming the trees limbs back.. So it will all be ready to set up the kitchen in its permanent spot.... Again thank y'all so much

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Anyone else keep googling "Doobie's Dog House" to see if it has caught anyone's attention? I figure there's got to be a few people wondering internet-aloud about what's going on.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

TyrsHTML posted:

I will admit my love of this exact thing, but yea his should have some good shredded cheddar.

Edit: Update 10

I just wanted to give an update .. Thank you so much .. We are at the 200% level... That is double funded... That is so incredible .. Never in my life have I seen such a outpouring of love and friendship towards another human being... We are so blessed to have each and every one of you on our side...thank you for believing in a man and his dogs..lol....today after work I went to the site where the building will be located and did some measurements.. And met with the land owner that is leasing me the spot about trimming the trees limbs back.. So it will all be ready to set up the kitchen in its permanent spot.... Again thank y'all so much

Fucker's even landscaping now. What ISN'T this dude willing to do to make the bitchin'-est hotdog stand in Where The gently caress Ever, Alabama.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Anyone else keep googling "Doobie's Dog House" to see if it has caught anyone's attention? I figure there's got to be a few people wondering internet-aloud about what's going on.

Just wait till we hit 20K.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I pitched in :10bux: yesterday and have been googling every once in a while since then, but it seems like only other things that comes up is a singer called Doobie "Doghouse" Wilson. In a way it's surprising, but in another it's kinda nice we can just fund this guy and have it just be a good deed without a whole lot of publicity. Hats off to the guy for following his dream.

• Locked thread