Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are
"Agh Charlie I got to get to the playground" is absolutely spot-on delivery. One of the funniest lines I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
This show in general is pretty loose with the post production. It's used all over the place, but they don't appear to be particularly OCD about making them come out perfect.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Pudgygiant posted:

"Agh Charlie I got to get to the playground" is absolutely spot-on delivery. One of the funniest lines I've ever seen.

I just assumed he went there to pound off in the night time.

Hughmoris fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Sep 28, 2013

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Why else would Frank go to a playground?

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Hughmoris posted:

Dee fleeing the scene and headbutting the car door is one of the funniest moments of the show for me.

I feel like rewatching it but can't remember which episode it's from. All I remember is that the waitress is in it.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I think it was "Who pooped the bed"

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

I feel like rewatching it but can't remember which episode it's from. All I remember is that the waitress is in it.

Yes, the episode was Who Pooped The Bed. Also, The Waitress had her best line in that episode. "You have a bad attitude when YOU'RE drunk, you huge footed slut."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiLS2iUZspw

Hughmoris fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Sep 28, 2013

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Mary Elizabeth Ellis is the best. She should be on the show more.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

PittTheElder posted:

Mary Elizabeth Ellis is the best. She should be on the show more.

Who?

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
Just say waitress.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I used context clues, I feel mighty smart about it too

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Hughmoris posted:

I just assumed he went there to pound off in the night time.

This line was just perfect.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Sefal posted:

I think it was "Who pooped the bed"

oh, so that's why I only remembered Dee's plot. Must have blocked off the rest.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

oh, so that's why I only remembered Dee's plot. Must have blocked off the rest.

"Who Pooped the Bed" is hilarious. :colbert: / :can:

I say this as someone who pretty much looks down upon most forms of toilet humor and has only laughed from a fart joke maybe once in my life. The episode has a lot of that throughout, but really it's just tons of classic gang interplay. I used to think it was a stupid and gross episode because of the general plot but I've found during rewatches that I always laugh a ton during that one.

Really good Artemis in it too. I love Artemis. :allears:

Hoffbonics
May 12, 2003

Always a gentleman
youtube.com/letsgotoclass

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Did they green screen Dennis into that fall there? Something about it looks really weird. Maybe it's the shadows. Then again that seems like a silly stunt to use an effect on when Dee will run head first into car doors and will roll down hills in the woods.

Great episode. Dennis and Mac gloating about their own fleecing is so goddamn funny every time.

They had a fall pad at the bottom of the stairs that they had to key out -- it was a much longer drop than it looks from that angle.

GlobalHero06
Jan 31, 2006
not a local hero

Ror posted:

"Who Pooped the Bed" is hilarious. :colbert: / :can:

I love all the unexplained glimpses into Charlie and Frank's lifestyle, and Who Pooped the Bed is full of them. Stool full of wolf hair, newspaper, credit card pieces, and a good deal of blood - all inconclusive.

Also the floor covered in sand that "smells like some kind of spice blend or pesticide or some other kind of sandy poison or something." Glenn's delivery of this line always cracks me up. Same with the wicker chairs being coated in "some sort of a poison glaze" in Gang Hits the Road.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Too good for fart jokes, likes always sunny enough to post about it on the internet.

Whatever man

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

Ror posted:

Really good Artemis in it too. I love Artemis. :allears:

"I have a bleached rear end in a top hat."

I always thought a great episode concept would be a one-off that focuses almost entirely on the side characters, with the Gang either off-screen or only seen briefly in cameo.

Working title: "Cricket's Revenge"

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Simian_Prime posted:

I always thought a great episode concept would be a one-off that focuses almost entirely on the side characters, with the Gang either off-screen or only seen briefly in cameo.

I think they had wanted to do a Seinfeld like that, where there would be a plot happening between Jerry et al in the background while some other story would be the foreground focus.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Simian_Prime posted:

I mean the best episodes of late House seasons were the ones entirely from Cuddy/Wilson's perspective, and you only get random snippets of the House plot, usually involving people running around yelling. Getting to see the gang's antics from the perspective of someone only tangentially related to said antics could be great.

Awesomonster
Feb 26, 2008

Because there's always an ending.
An episode from the perspective of one of the two bar regulars would be great.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Awesomonster posted:

I don't think I agree :(

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Simian_Prime posted:

They did that in the League last week. The episode was VERY polarizing on this forum where people loved it or hated it. No in betweens.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I wish they'd do more episodes of League like that just to watch more goons cry about their precious fantasy football show doing something different or whatever, that episode wasn't the best or whatever, but it made me laugh and was pretty funny.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

Awesomonster posted:

I don't think this would work at all unless they made it a whole new character who is funny or interesting in some way. The joke that the gang is into something totally crazy and we have no idea what it is would only be funny for one or two scenes, probably at the beginning and the end. Maybe somebody firing everybody else up with a speech, and then by the end they're doing something totally unrelated until someone brings up how they got to that point. But then you have to fill 18 minutes in the middle.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Advice posted:

I don't think this would work at all unless they made it a whole new character who is funny or interesting in some way.

So basically a Waitress episode.

Sartana
Jun 8, 2013

Awesomonster posted:

Yeah, I don't know about this. I think the couple of haggard old drunks that actually patronize Paddys are best just as props completely indifferent to whatever insanity is going on around them.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
A waitress episode could be pretty great, actually. Charlie's back to stalking her so maybe shots of him in the background doing stuff without her noticing interspersed with her trying to get a job and the gang loving it up without even meaning to, meanwhile a few quick jokes about her name, just easy ones where she starts to say it and an interviewer cuts her off or something. It practically writes itself. I just don't know that it would be funny.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I think I'm kinda tired of waitress tbh. I dunno, they could surprise me I'm sure

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

A Rickety Cricket episode could be pretty good. I keep thinking they've destroyed the character and they keep finding ways to bring him back and ruin him even more.

As long as it doesn't distract from the inevitable McPoyles spinoff series, of course.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I'd watch a Lawyer episode where he deals directly and indirectly with the gang causing him trouble and causing his clients trouble.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

FadingChord posted:

A Rickety Cricket episode could be pretty good. I keep thinking they've destroyed the character and they keep finding ways to bring him back and ruin him even more.

As long as it doesn't distract from the inevitable McPoyles spinoff series, of course.

The only way a McPoyles show would work is if they did it like a 100% real documentary show.

Toadstool
Feb 20, 2003

Hubris, overweening pride.

boom boom boom posted:

The only way a McPoyles show would work is if they did it like a 100% real documentary show.

I would be curious to see how the MacPoyles really live. I know they enjoy warm milk and bathrobes but what do they do for a living? They were going to get a huge settlement in that molestation case but Charlie screwed that up.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Not trying to be contrary but I really only care about people besides the main dudes in this show in relation to how the main dudes interact with them. I personally hope they don't do something like some of you are suggesting, but I do not begrudge you your opinions. I love you all.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

Conquistador posted:

Not trying to be contrary but I really only care about people besides the main dudes in this show in relation to how the main dudes interact with them. I personally hope they don't do something like some of you are suggesting, but I do not begrudge you your opinions. I love you all.

I WILL PUT MY THUMB THROUGH YOUR EYE, YOU LITTLE BITCH

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

FadingChord posted:

You think they basically killed him, and then he comes back after a dog tried to gently caress his throat hole.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Advice posted:

I WILL PUT MY THUMB THROUGH YOUR EYE, YOU LITTLE BITCH

Hahahah :golfclap:

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy
Just have the gang deliver babies in the background like Abed did in that episode of Community.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

FadingChord posted:

boom boom boom posted:

Toadstool posted:

I would be curious to see how the MacPoyles really live. I know they enjoy warm milk and bathrobes but what do they do for a living? They were going to get a huge settlement in that molestation case but Charlie screwed that up.

"Those Crazy McPoyles"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQcsQ3Rj-0Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

ultramiraculous posted:

You think they basically killed him, and then he comes back after a dog tried to gently caress his throat hole.

At least someone's banging my vagina! :smuggo: