Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
New DLC's out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY-jg_Wk0Ts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCQRoMm3yEI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybZ159U-MMc
There IS another "OH MY GOD!" taunt along with a couple of other phrases Joseph used in Part 3.

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Sep 27, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Lisa Lisa's moves are wonderfully flashy. Also Sugita's Oldseph voice is pretty neat.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
So this addition to the BluRays was brought to my attention recently.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Wasn't that in the tv broadcast, too?

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Endorph posted:

I do believe "To be continued" was. It was a perfect teaser.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

Endorph posted:

Unless they cut off the end of the teaser here for no reason, then no. I don't remember seeing it.

couwy
Nov 9, 2009

~just feels good~
Went back to look at the end of the TV version of episode 26, and the "To be continued" was not there.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
It's there on the episodes I watched. :shrug:

e: OH, the exact "To Be Continued" box. Yea, that wasn't in the TV broadcast. Might as well have been there, though.

Schubalts fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Sep 28, 2013

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I think they're going to do it eventually but it might just be one of the little corrections they do in the blurays.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I'm a little less than a third into Stone Ocean, and it reads quite different from the past arcs. Would this be the time that JoJo moved from Shounen Jump into a monthly magazine? The fights have become more intricate and the female protagonist (for a shounen manga) makes me wonder how it was received in Japan.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
It didn't become monthly until a little bit into Steel Ball Run: you can tell when the chapters start being 40 to 50 pages long.

I don't know how well Jolyne was received in Japan, but she's definitely my second favorite JoJo after Joseph. She was definitely the most hardcore of them!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I don't know, punching your mom through the stomach before immediately healing her is hard to beat.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Jolyne beats that easy. She's acts as badass as Jotaro in Part 3, but it doesn't come off like a teenager trying to hard. She and Jo2ke are tied for second best.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I like the way Jolyne progresses from a little whiny (understandably so, granted) to pretty tough to seriously the most hardcore protagonist this side of Conan the Barbarian. There's a fight very late in Stone Ocean that's told from the villain's point of view, because Jolyne is so hard to kill its scary. Keep in mind, said villain had the power to reverse gravity and turn people inside out.

Incidentally, how far along are you exactly? I read through the whole series and got burnt out at the Marilyn Manson fight, although back in those days (2011) the scans for Parts 4 & 5 were harder to power through.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Fun fact: The students who translated Duwang failed their course.

http://jjba.wikia.com/wiki/JoJo_Influence_on_Internet_Culture

quote:

A group of Chinese students had to do a paperwork for their English class, so they decided to do a translation of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure's Part IV: Diamond is Unbreakable. The scanlation was incredibly unnacurate, badly edited and overall low quality, to the point that the students actually failed that subject, but for many years, it was the only Part IV translation circulating on the internet.

poo poo, I would have given them an A for effort.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
That is too perfect to really be true, but I WANT to believe...

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,

HitTheTargets posted:

I like the way Jolyne progresses from a little whiny (understandably so, granted) to pretty tough to seriously the most hardcore protagonist this side of Conan the Barbarian. There's a fight very late in Stone Ocean that's told from the villain's point of view, because Jolyne is so hard to kill its scary. Keep in mind, said villain had the power to reverse gravity and turn people inside out.

While Jolyne is one of three Jojo's to set themselves on fire, she is the only one to set herself on fire so hard she also inspired her opponent to set himself on fire.

Stone Ocean is probably my favorite of all the JoJo parts. Something about the combination of utterly brutal slugfest fights with an insane plot (a Cuban Catholic priest follows an esoteric plan told to him by a 19th century British vampire in order to enforce the divine principle of predetermination on the entire world) just puts it on another level even though I know a few other parts are 'objectively' better.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I feel ya, Part 6 is probably going to be the peak for super wacky stands for a long while, and that is half the appeal of Jojo to me. Also the culmination of the Joestar Punk breeding program in Jolyne.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Mr. Maltose posted:

I feel ya, Part 6 is probably going to be the peak for super wacky stands for a long while, and that is half the appeal of Jojo to me.

So none of SBR's or JJL's stands were wacky enough for you?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Actually, the stands so far have been really good, but also really...low key. Other than top end Tusk and D4C, it's all very useful and kind of niche skills. Shooting your finger nails versus Weather Control and Also Snails. Walk with raindrops versus summoning a meteor exactly where you're standing. The ridiculousness of the stands in Part 6 are really a world apart from the others. Stuff like a flesh-foam bottle or the ridiculously complicated activation methods of Paisley Park and Fun Fun Fun are wacky, yeah, but the sheer balls to the wall GO BIGness of the part 6 stands aren't coming back anytime soon.

It's not a bad thing, because parts seven and eight don't need huge stands with huge weird effects. It's not necessary for the narrative.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybZ159U-MMc&feature=youtu.be

Game of the year

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Apparently Kakyoin and Polnareff (Not 100% on him yet) got laugh taunts too :allears:

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

HitTheTargets posted:

Incidentally, how far along are you exactly? I read through the whole series and got burnt out at the Marilyn Manson fight, although back in those days (2011) the scans for Parts 4 & 5 were harder to power through.

I just reached the part with the Limp Bizkit stand. I'm reading it at a rate of one volume a day, so I might finish in a couple of weeks.

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.
In regards to All-Stars: I'm curious how they're going to fit Motherfucking Baoh in.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Al Baron posted:

In regards to All-Stars: I'm curious how they're going to fit Motherfucking Baoh in.

What would be hard about it? Baoh fits with anything. The only thing I wish is for the developers to add a subtitle with the name of his moves when he uses them.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I still have to read/watch the Baoh OVA before he gets released.

In pop culture news, has there been any Wekapipo-related fan stuff created since Miley's Wrecking Ball showed up? I feel like that's a missed opportunity.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

In a world where one bear has a shotgun: Fuck.

trucutru posted:

What would be hard about it? Baoh fits with anything. The only thing I wish is for the developers to add a subtitle with the name of his moves when he uses them.

It does for everyone. When you use any special move with a name, the name appears under the Heat Gauge. You can turn it off, but it's so unobtrusive that I don't imagine anyone has.

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I think you've got until late October or something like that. Watch it dubbed for a good time. Watch it subbed, if you even can, if you want to try and take it somewhat seriously.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

onepixeljumpman posted:

I think you've got until late October or something like that. Watch it dubbed for a good time. Watch it subbed, if you even can, if you want to try and take it somewhat seriously.

I don't think its possible to take Baoh serious. Also, if you watch it subbed, you miss out on some AMAZING lines.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Oh you have to see this in all its glory:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcfykg9jIZM

And the manga has things like this too:

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Sep 30, 2013

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

The Steak Justice posted:

So this addition to the BluRays was brought to my attention recently.

just seeing that arrow is making roundabout play in my mind now.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I wonder if David P. plans to try and license a different theme for Part 3, I can imagine so, but Roundabout has done them well so far.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
I have no idea how to react if they somehow pony up the cash to license Holy Diver.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
I don't know how I'd feel if they used all the money they got out of Part 1/2 and blew it all on licensing "Get Back".

Just kidding I'd love it.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Let's be honest, if they blew all their cash on music licenses and ended up doing Part 3 Clutch Cargo style I don't think I'd be upset.

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!
The only time blowing all their money on a music license would be acceptable is if they get to part 4 and get Highway Star for the Highway Star fight. The entire industry would peak at that point.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I believe you mean 'playing Killer Queen every time Kira is on screen.'

EDIT: Haha, the top comment for Killer Queen on Youtube is RIP Yoshikage Kira.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Endorph posted:

I believe you mean 'playing Killer Queen every time Kira is on screen.'

EDIT: Haha, the top comment for Killer Queen on Youtube is RIP Yoshikage Kira.

There are several JoJo related top comments, on YouTube, many of which are hilarious. I think my favorite is on one of the top hits for Roundabout, where there are a bunch of classic rock grognards getting mad that people like the song for the "wrong reasons."

Babysitter Super Sleuth fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Sep 30, 2013

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Mighty Dicktron posted:

I have no idea how to react if they somehow pony up the cash to license Holy Diver.

I don't know, I think that should just play the opening riff for a certain early scene and just leave it.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

I think Heavy Weather chapters have completely broken my mind :psyduck:
Either the fact that Araki somehow got from "a guy with weather-controlling powers" to a full-blown homage to UZUMAKI of all things...
or an even more bizarre flashback, which is 100% soap opera that features KKK bounty hunter taking a hit job from a black man to lynch a whitest guy with a black ancestry.
A thing of beauty
Also, Versace's backstory is taken from the movie/book Holes for some reason. Versace himself, by the way, is a great character in the line of slavishly obedient henchmen. Every part needs its Hol Horse, eh?

These two make a great buddy team:

Latter part 6 is definetely worth getting to through the slog of the first half.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

fatherboxx posted:

KKK bounty hunter taking a hit job from a black man to lynch a whitest guy with a black ancestry.

Pucci isn't black, he's just drawn that way. Guy's clearly supposed to be Italian. But yes, it's kind of ironic.

• Locked thread