Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Is there anything about Inazuma 3 that somehow makes it worse than all the other ones? I've been interested but never played one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theonlypie314SA
Mar 19, 2013

SMT IV is on sale for $10 off in the NA 3DS eShop until Oct 14th:

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/26/shin-megami-tensei-iv-goes-discount-sale-nintendo-eshop/

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

e: Wait wrong game, nevermind.

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner

So basically it's the price of a normal 3DS game now? :v:

\/\/ I don't doubt that, but considering it's $10 more than every other 3DS game and it doesn't include the bonuses that made it actually worth $50 in store (doesn't it come with some sort of figurine?) I have a hard time justifying paying $50 for it digitally.

robodex fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Sep 27, 2013

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders

robodex posted:

So basically it's the price of a normal 3DS game now? :v:

That game is beyond worth it at $50 for the amount of content you get. I haven't enjoyed a JRPG as much as I've liked SMT4 since Skies of Arcadia or FFIX.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

citizenlowell posted:

That game is beyond worth it at $50 for the amount of content you get. I haven't enjoyed a JRPG as much as I've liked SMT4 since Skies of Arcadia or FFIX.

Someone needs to play the dragon quest monsters 3d games. Terry's Wonderland is my most played 3ds game/rpg at a whopping 280 hours. I'd be willing to argue that it's the 3ds game available.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Neo Helbeast posted:

Someone needs to play the dragon quest monsters 3d games. Terry's Wonderland is my most played 3ds game/rpg at a whopping 280 hours. I'd be willing to argue that it's the 3ds game available.

Too bad its not available in english.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
I would gladly pay all the money for an English port of Terry's Wonderland.

Too bad Squenix apparently hates money.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Annath posted:

I would gladly pay all the money for an English port of Terry's Wonderland.

Too bad Squenix apparently hates money.

It's not that they hate money, and not even that they think Terry's Wonderland wouldn't make money in the US. They just realize that the money it would make is nothing--nothing--compared to the paycheck they would get from translating and re-releasing another goddamn Final Fantasy on iOS. They only have so much throughput with their localization team, so they have to make sure as many of those slots are filled up with Final Fantasy as possible. That way they can recoup the losses on all their big-budget flops, i.e. the last three Final Fantasy games and the Final Fantasy movie.

Final Fantasy: Simultaneously the stone around Square Enix's neck and the life preserver they desperately cling to.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I got Art Academy 3DS and I wish the touch screen was better. I try to draw outlines of things and the teacher has these neat perfect lines but when I draw a line it comes out all jagged, especially if it's near the edge of the screen. My avocados look terrible!

Anyone try the DLC lessons? They any good?

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
Is it bad that I am enjoying both Mighty Switch Force games more than Luigi's Mansion 2?

I have just bought my 3DS this weekend, can anyone else recommend some good Indie eShop games that are similar or more action/platforming titles?

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Ronnie posted:

Is it bad that I am enjoying both Mighty Switch Force games more than Luigi's Mansion 2?

Nope, nothing wrong with that. Both Mighty Switch Force games rule. I mean, I like Luigi's Mansion, but MSF fills that time attack puzzle-platforming niche I crave.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Ronnie posted:

I have just bought my 3DS this weekend, can anyone else recommend some good Indie eShop games that are similar or more action/platforming titles?

If you're talking strictly eShop stuff (ie no VC, DSiWare, etc) then Steamworld Dig is probably your next best purchase, it only came out recently but the response was really good. Both Shantae 3 and Shovel Knight should be out by the end of the year, too, and they both look great.

There's also Sega 3D Classics, but who knows when they're gonna drop.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of October 3):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD (October 4) - €59.99 / £49.99
    Just Dance 2014 (October 1) - €49.99 / £34.99
WII U eSHOP
    Wii Karaoke U by JOYSOUND (October 4) - free to download, free one-hour trial, microtransactions
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Final Fight (SNES) - €7.99 / £5.49
    Final Fight 2 (SNES) - €7.99 / £5.49
    Final Fight 3 (SNES) - €7.99 / £5.49
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Chasing Aurora (Wii U eShop) - €4.89 / £4.19 until October 3
    Kung Fu Rabbit (Wii U eShop) - €2.49 / £2.24 until October 3

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure - €44.99 / £39.99
    Game Festival 1 (September 27) - €24.99 / £19.99
3DS eSHOP
    Witch & Hero (demo)
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Mutant Mudds (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.39 until October 3
    Super Little Acorns 3D Turbo (3DS eShop) - €2.49 / £2.49 until October 3
    Heavy Fire: Special Operations 3D (3DS eShop) - €3.99 / £3.59 from October 3-October 17
    Tangram Style (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.69 until October 31

Here's the deal with Karaoke U: you get a free one-hour trial, once that expires you have to buy "tickets" which give you complete access to the song catalogue ("1500 songs with regular updates to come") for a limited period. You can get a 1-hour ticket for €1.99 / £1.79, a 24-hour ticket for €4.99 / £4.49 and a 30-day ticket for €14.99 / £13.49. It supports USB mics as well as the in-built Gamepad mic. It's been out for a while in Japan and seems to be pretty well-received, but their catalogue is way larger than the international one.

All three Final Fight games are the US versions. They didn't list any sort of bundle deal on the press release, but they always forget to list things, so we'll have to wait and see, I guess.

There's a Nintendo Direct scheduled for tomorrow morning, as well as some scheduled network maintenance. That second WU firmware update might finally be dropping soon.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Overbite posted:

Anyone try the DLC lessons? They any good?

I quite enjoyed the pet DLC if that helps - not that the cat that I did is recognisable as the reference cat, but it was pretty fun.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Really hope they are hiding some 3DS downloads behind tomorrows Direct, because their output on it for the last few months has been absolute crap.

I can't imagine why beyond :effort: as they should still have a few gameboy titles left to bring out, if not a poo poo ton of gameboy colour and NES stuff still in the fridge.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
^^They're gonna drop all the Sega 3D Classics at once and offer 'em as a discounted bundle so we can all get Altered Beast without having to feel like we paid money for Altered Beast.

Realistically, I just wanna know what happened to Flipnote 3D.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Realistically, I just wanna know what happened to Flipnote 3D.
They've only started turning back some of the services that they turned off to reduce server load in Japan over the past week or so - fairly sure the issue is that they're still not ready for the server load they are expecting when they open the service up world wide.
They've finally started charging for the service though (I know I got more than 30 days free!) so perhaps they're almost ready now?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

ookiimarukochan posted:

They've only started turning back some of the services that they turned off to reduce server load in Japan over the past week or so - fairly sure the issue is that they're still not ready for the server load they are expecting when they open the service up world wide.
They've finally started charging for the service though (I know I got more than 30 days free!) so perhaps they're almost ready now?

Oh, I didn't realise they'd gone so far as to disable services for the JP version. I guess I underestimated just how much traffic they were getting.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Is anywhere selling Wind Waker in the UK for sensible prices? Cheapest I can see it for is around £43 which I think is even more than I paid for it on the GameCube!

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Why would you expect to pay less for a current gen console game now, than a current gen console game 10 years ago?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

^^They're gonna drop all the Sega 3D Classics at once and offer 'em as a discounted bundle so we can all get Altered Beast without having to feel like we paid money for Altered Beast.

Is there a list of all the 3D Classics Sega has made so far?

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

elf help book posted:

Is there a list of all the 3D Classics Sega has made so far?

- 3D Altered Beast
- 3D Ecco the Dolphin
- 3D Galaxy Force II
- 3D Shinobi III
- 3D Sonic The Hedgehog
- 3D Space Harrier
- 3D Streets of Rage
- 3D Super Hang-On

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Dang, I was hoping there was a 3D Fantasy Zone so it could sit next to my copy of 3D Twinbee.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Really, Sega's just now getting around to putting Rhythm Thief up, and at full price? Goddammit Sega, I love it, but that game bombed for a reason.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
What time do retail games unlock? I've had some release midnight EST. I'm dying to get my hands on the new Rune Factory.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Fancy Hat! posted:

What time do retail games unlock? I've had some release midnight EST. I'm dying to get my hands on the new Rune Factory.
Rune Factory isn't a Nintendo releases, so probably noon EST.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Artix posted:

Really, Sega's just now getting around to putting Rhythm Thief up, and at full price? Goddammit Sega, I love it, but that game bombed for a reason.
It's still ahead of Theatrhythm, although I'm not going to bother with that now that Curtain Call is a thing.

I'll probably get this if the price comes down a bit. The demo was pretty fun.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Artix posted:

WTF? When it went up on the eStore in Japan it was only 2600 vs the original boxed price of just over 6000 yen (then again, it looks like there's a new price for the physical edition of 2900 so yeah) - obviously the recent Sega UK/EU shake-up had them lose the sane employees.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

irlZaphod posted:

Why would you expect to pay less for a current gen console game now, than a current gen console game 10 years ago?

Because every other HD remake game in recent years has either come in a collection with others or at a budget price. I fail to think of a single one that sold for over £30.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I think he was being facetious. Though in Wind Waker's defense, I will say it's the best HD remake I've played with the most improvements to gameplay. (apart from Metal Gear Solid PSP one that added online multiplayer and automatically had much better controls benefiting from an extra control stick)

greatn fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Sep 30, 2013

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Because every other HD remake game in recent years has either come in a collection with others or at a budget price. I fail to think of a single one that sold for over £30.

Does Persona 4 Golden count? :v:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

greatn posted:

I think he was being facetious. Though in Wind Waker's defense, I will say it's the best HD remake I've played with the most improvements to gameplay. (apart from Metal Gear Solid PSP one that added online multiplayer and automatically had much better controls benefiting from an extra control stick)

Clearly you haven't played Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX yet.

Then again I haven't played WWHD yet so I can't make that judgment call :shobon:

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Sarchasm posted:

- 3D Altered Beast
- 3D Ecco the Dolphin
- 3D Galaxy Force II
- 3D Shinobi III
- 3D Sonic The Hedgehog
- 3D Space Harrier
- 3D Streets of Rage
- 3D Super Hang-On

Ugh, half of those are pretty bad. Galaxy Force 2? Streets of Rage 1? ALTERED BEAST? Come on Sega.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Overbite posted:

Ugh, half of those are pretty bad. Galaxy Force 2? Streets of Rage 1? ALTERED BEAST? Come on Sega.

Congrats on having terrible taste!

(okay Altered Beast stinks)

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Congrats on having terrible taste!

(okay Altered Beast stinks)

Galaxy Force 2 is an awful port of an OK arcade game. Streets of Rage 1 is the worst Streets of Rage.

Genesis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obiRs3fgiHA

Arcade
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywg6eeFcnKI

Overbite fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Oct 1, 2013

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Overbite posted:

Galaxy Force 2 is an awful port of an OK arcade game. Streets of Rage 1 is the worst Streets of Rage.

Space Harrier, Super Hang-On and Galaxy Force II are all the arcade versions.

I don't know why they picked SOR1 in particular but it's not a bad game by any means.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Space Harrier, Super Hang-On and Galaxy Force II are all the arcade versions.

I don't know why they picked SOR1 in particular but it's not a bad game by any means.

This I didn't know. I saw all the other Genesis games and assumed they would all be the Genesis ports.

Yeah SoR 1 isn't bad but it's no 2.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
They couldn't do SoR 2 or 3 because it would lead to arguments over which is better. Well... I'd be arguing with people that 3 is the best and feeling sad that almost no one would agree. I do have a good deal of nostalgia for the first one though, it was the first Genesis game I played through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StevenM
Nov 6, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

They couldn't do SoR 2 or 3 because it would lead to arguments over which is better.

Sounds like they had the same problem with the Sonic series.

Now as for the Shinobi games, they clearly know the superior title to pick. :smug: