Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Erika
Feb 6, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Antti posted:

I just found out that the score+soundtrack is out, The Music of Grand Theft Auto V. :getin:
It has that awesome track from the 'Long Stretch' mission :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo

Bohemian Nights posted:

A few pages ago, someone was talking about the jet getting shot down by SAM sites seconds after taking off from the military airfield; Stealing the jet is actually really easy, and all you need to do post take-off (aside from pulling up the gears, obviously) is fly low, and no missiles will lock onto you, and you'll be fine unless a tank decides to railgun you out of the sky.

By the way, am I the only one that found it really easy to dodge the SAMs? I pulled up and flew high instead of low, and ended up just barrel rolling away from them with crazy motions and then got away.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Invested all my millions in Pisswasser (PS3) yesterday, up 36% today for a profit of 5 mil for Trevor.

Should I sell or keep? Or sell and save and reinvest? Stress!

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Another quick question, I've restarted my game and going all out for money this time for stock market stuff. First thing I did was go to Paletto Bay for the random event where You rescue the Mafia guy's daughter and get 60 grand

Only, it didn't show up. Do some only show up at certain times?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
As Michael I walked into the high-class hairdresser at night for a quick trim and There was a robbery going on. They ran out with a bag of money and got pegged in the back of the head by me instantly, netting a cool $5,000 for 3 bullets.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

OLIVIAS WILDE RIDER posted:

As Michael I walked into the high-class hairdresser at night for a quick trim and There was a robbery going on. They ran out with a bag of money and got pegged in the back of the head by me instantly, netting a cool $5,000 for 3 bullets.

This is becoming the new Scooter Brothers.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

thehustler posted:

Another quick question, I've restarted my game and going all out for money this time for stock market stuff. First thing I did was go to Paletto Bay for the random event where You rescue the Mafia guy's daughter and get 60 grand

Only, it didn't show up. Do some only show up at certain times?

I think certain events can only activate at certain times, yeah. I wanted to go recruit Taliana for a good cheap driver for the jewel store job but she wasn't there, so I imagine she first starts appearing when you get access to Trevor.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

I went looking for Easter eggs today. Specifically, I dearly wanted to find something at the deepest depths of the ocean. Sea monster, giant squid, Cthulhu, something.

I grabbed a knife to fight off the forced shark spawn and dragged a dinghy down to the boardwalk. I went out until the engines cut off, dived off just before it started sinking, knifed the shark, and took in my surroundings. I was far enough out to sea that there was no trace of land visible in any direction. The boat having sank, I couldn't use that to tell which direction I'd come from, and I refused to check my map. This was a one way trip, after all. It was daytime, which sucked for mood - should have been night during a thunderstorm. Oh well. Down I went.

I was in a scuba suit, for the record, as Franklin (he had the highest strength and lung capacity).

As I went down there were a few stages: first, clear blu water. No fish nearby, but some visible in the distance, along with another shark. As I went down, the water darkened a bit and the fish disappeared. Eventually the water got really dark, and some new fish appeared, in a large school, shapeless and indistinct, darting around at high speed. And eventually the water turned black, nothing visible except those fish. You could have told me tge poo poo was if Franklin floating about in space, the fish stars, and aside from the scuba suit I'd have believed it. And then, just like that, the comfort of the fish was gone: I was either too deep for them or it was simply too dark to see them anymore. There was nothing but darkness.

This is what I had wanted. This is where I expected something to happen. And something did happen. I started to drown.

Deep sea stuff is truly frightening to me in a real life context, but the game was far enough removed from reality that it wasn't effecting me until now. But when I started taking damage, I legitimately freaked out for a moment. Something was attacking me! There was something there after all! Wait, no... My tank ran out of air! I shouldn't have fiddled around just under the surface. Except, my air meter was full. It wasn't until after I had died and respawnend that I realized what happened: the pressure crushed me. It was too much for me to try something else, though.

Next time I'm bringing a sub with me.

I really hope there's something down there, but I'm guessing there isn't.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Funkmaster General posted:

I really hope there's something down there, but I'm guessing there isn't.

There is actually neat stuff at the bottom of the sea! Some things neater than others. As far as the submarine goes, it has a crush depth of 500. I'm not sure if that's the same depth where your scuba gear fails, though.

The fastest and deepest I've managed to go, was when the engines cut out on the private jet I was flying, and it barreled into the ocean; the planes aren't only aerodynamic, they sink like a torpedo as well. I'm not actually convinced there IS a bottom when you go far enough out at sea, because that plane sunk both fast and deep before I eventually expired, with no bottom in sight.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I landed one fighter jet in my private hangar. One. I quit, spent an hour patching up Dust514 and giving it a pity-login, returned and now there are two fighter jets in my private hangar.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

GazChap posted:

Just had the game freeze up about halfway through the transporter journey to Paleto Bay with Devin Weston's stolen vehicles.

First problem I've had with the game though, not even losing cars out of garages or anything.

I had the exact same issue in the exact same instance. I was just about to go on the freeway and my game locked up. I thought it was my console but it seems to much of a coincidence to be that.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

God Trevor has the best lines.

"You're back, WE'RE back man! Franklin makes us multicultural, Lester makes us cyber, now all we need is a gay friend and bam!" :allears:

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011
What's the fastest (or otherwise best) bike for doing stunt jumps? I've been trying to get a number of them down at the docks on the Pegassi Bati 801 but it doesn't get the height/distance I need even going at full pelt.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Aishan posted:

What's the fastest (or otherwise best) bike for doing stunt jumps? I've been trying to get a number of them down at the docks on the Pegassi Bati 801 but it doesn't get the height/distance I need even going at full pelt.

I think the Dinka Double T is the fastest bike.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Eriic posted:

This guide contains no story spoilers and will tell you how to make ~$1.5 billion on each character from the assassination missions. The only thing it contains that might be considered spoilers is the names of the companies that are involved in the missions which you would need to look up anyway if you intend to invest before starting any of them.

Don't listen to this person. This guide is chock full of spoilers. :(

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
What is the fastest car you can buy and tune for speed? The Koenigsegg clone was crazy during the mission where you get to drive it, but that must have been uniquely tuned.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Afaik, the bugatti veyron copy is the fastest car in the game.

E; Called "Adder" ingame, apparently.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

MrLonghair posted:

What is the fastest car you can buy and tune for speed? The Koenigsegg clone was crazy during the mission where you get to drive it, but that must have been uniquely tuned.

The Adder (Veyron) or Voltic (Tesla super car or something) seem to be the quickest.
I believe it might go to the Voltic, that thing is lightning quick.

Electric car pun unintended.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Nigga homie nigga nigga nigga, dog. Nigga? Nigga nigga homie, nigga. Nigga nigga nigga.

Nigga.

:catstare:

Franklin's a good character but good lord.

Kringy
Dec 31, 2008

Yardbomb posted:

God Trevor has the best lines.

"You're back, WE'RE back man! Franklin makes us multicultural, Lester makes us cyber, now all we need is a gay friend and bam!" :allears:

"Kale?! I'm beyond loving KALE!"

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

poptart_fairy posted:

Nigga homie nigga nigga nigga, dog. Nigga? Nigga nigga homie, nigga. Nigga nigga nigga.

Nigga.

:catstare:

Franklin's a good character but good lord.

I don't get it. Am I missing something?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Bohemian Nights posted:

I don't get it. Am I missing something?

That's all his dialogue with LD seems to be. It's distracting. :v:

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

poptart_fairy posted:

That's all his dialogue with LD seems to be. It's distracting. :v:

Oh. This may blow your mind, so you might want to make sure you're sitting down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_American_Vernacular_English

:aaaaa:

Kringy posted:

"Kale?! I'm beyond loving KALE!"

That glass of kale juice/hulk sperm in Michael's kitchen manages to look even more disgusting than Trevors gasoline soaked rag, which is an accomplished touch of realism, I feel.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Aurain posted:

The Adder (Veyron) or Voltic (Tesla super car or something) seem to be the quickest.
I believe it might go to the Voltic, that thing is lightning quick.

Electric car pun unintended.

The Voltic’s acceleration is unmatched, and it handles well, but I don’t think it’s the fastest in a straight line or when tuned. Unlike every other car, it can’t get turbo tuning or a better transmission.

It’s still hands‐down the car before upgrades, in my opinion.

MailboxFullOfBombs
Nov 1, 2010

Knuc If U Buck posted:

Everyone on Reddit is going to sell on Monday US time, but I suppose that means that a bunch of smart arses will try to sell early so sell now.

Wow, we could really screw with Redditors if the paywall here goes up. We could watch their stock chat and dump all of our money into their competition so their stocks just plummet (I think, I'm not really sure how stocks work).

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Bohemian Nights posted:

Oh. This may blow your mind, so you might want to make sure you're sitting down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_American_Vernacular_English

:aaaaa:

:ssh: I know, I just find it funny how nigga crops up so often.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Still looking for some tips if anyone has any for PS3

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

If I could get Sony Vegas 11 to not be loving worthless I would make a 4+ at the same time video comparison of car acceleration and top speeds right now. Money spent on that would have been better used on that $99 Premiere package.

Entity XF - a slow turd compared to the one you get in a mission
Infernus - A blast like always
Adder - Takes a while to speed up
Coil - My #1 even on straights, the acceleration is the thing about it, an inferior top speed when it corners, handles and accelerates like that beats everything

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

poptart_fairy posted:

:ssh: I know, I just find it funny how nigga crops up so often.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntQrrW9t6a8

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

This is so frustrating. Trying to get Packie before heist 1 and his event won't show up at any time of day :(

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

loving cracked up that one, gotta admit. :haw:

Anyway, does anyone have that link to the stock/assassination guide handy? I just want money to fuel my rampages.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

MrLonghair posted:

If I could get Sony Vegas 11 to not be loving worthless I would make a 4+ at the same time video comparison of car acceleration and top speeds right now.

Too bad, that would have been pretty cool to see. I'd love to see something similar for car upgrades as well- or at the very least some better documentation on how the upgrades work!

Suspension is one of those things that mystify me; I have an impression that it does something to the handling of the car, but I also have a nagging suspicion that it's all in my head.

poptart_fairy posted:

loving cracked up that one, gotta admit. :haw:

Anyway, does anyone have that link to the stock/assassination guide handy? I just want money to fuel my rampages.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3571617&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=76#post419970730

MailboxFullOfBombs
Nov 1, 2010
Just sold $900 million worth of Pisswasser stocks (divided among 3 characters). I originally invested $300 million but the stock tripled. I wonder if selling nearly a billion of their stocks will have any affect on the price.

cugel
Jan 22, 2010
There is a guide in the second post in the thread. The only missing part isStep 2: Invest in Fruit shares before the mission and cashout [bold]then invest in Facade and wait for a recovery.[/bold] I made more than 2 billions by characters this way. I have a previous post with the proof.

Beaten, but it's still in the second post.

Ankle-biter
Mar 10, 2004

Thank you Grizzlebees... I was hungry.
So I just purchased this for the 360 yesterday and it freezes just before the game starts. I get an "alert" screen saying I haven't signed in and would I like to do so now. The game is stuck but the console still works fine in the background. I managed to get the game to work once yesterday by signing out of my account and waiting for this screen and it let me log in and everything seemed to work fine. That work-around didn't work today so I tried re-installing the game, but it's still happening again.

Does this sound like something that might get patched, or should I try to take my game back? Help :(

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

MailboxFullOfBombs posted:

Wow, we could really screw with Redditors if the paywall here goes up. We could watch their stock chat and dump all of our money into their competition so their stocks just plummet (I think, I'm not really sure how stocks work).

Isn't reddit like waaaay more popular than SA at this point?

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Went out hunting.

Plugged an Elk.

Took picture of its corpse.

Hit send.

Accidentally send it to Atomic Blimp Company.

Get text back:

"Dude, seriously."

This loving game.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Ankle-biter posted:

So I just purchased this for the 360 yesterday and it freezes just before the game starts. I get an "alert" screen saying I haven't signed in and would I like to do so now. The game is stuck but the console still works fine in the background. I managed to get the game to work once yesterday by signing out of my account and waiting for this screen and it let me log in and everything seemed to work fine. That work-around didn't work today so I tried re-installing the game, but it's still happening again.

Does this sound like something that might get patched, or should I try to take my game back? Help :(

Did you install both discs to the same drive? Maybe try clearing the system cache, that will also defragment the drive. Shot in the dark, but it's worth a try.

Otherwise I seem to remember that some bad discs were shipped, so you might have it replaced if nothing else works.

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011

Knuc If U Buck posted:

Isn't reddit like waaaay more popular than SA at this point?

Anything we'd do collectively as a group would only be a drop-in-the-bucket of the entire playerbase. I doubt any co-ordinated effort here would do very much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Thanks for the link, not too keen on the stock market overall. Don't bring accountancy into my murder simulator. :saddowns:

Anyway, it's hilarious watching my brother play this. He's killing a lot more people, and has far worse aim, so a lot of NPCs are giving Franklin constant poo poo for it which they didn't do for me. Does the game really take that much into account or is it just front loaded?

• Locked thread