Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Wassbix posted:

Nope, its super newbie friendly. Its recently gotten a nice influx of people. Super helpful too, I got to 60 doing pure CS and Wanderingkid helped me get geared up and ran me through couple dungeons.

I can run CS with you as well since you're level 30. Its a Battleground that gives a tonne of xp and gold.

Yeah we just got a bunch of experienced players and new players together and ran dungeons - 2 carry, 3 learn. A lot of us have lower-level alts that we play, it's just that right this instant people are learning and gearing our welfare 58s - getting dropped into endgame without the learning curve is actually fairly tough. I'll go back to my 30-range warrior and mystic pretty soon and work with people at that level range.

Seconding corsair's stronghold, where you're promoted to temporary 60 with level-60 gear. You're still lagging in crystals (can't use lvl58 crystals if your real gear can't) and you don't have your unique lvl60 skills, but you can still contribute. It's also a way to get one strongbox key a day for free, get your belicarium and KS credits, and good XP to boot. You can PvP your way from 30 to 60 via the win rewards and daily quest reward.

Question of my own:

Steadfast/Wonderhome gear is BoP in WH/WHHM, I know steadfast drops unbound from some of the reward chests (prince?) Does wonderhome gear drop unbound from monarch chests?

Harik fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Sep 29, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Septimus
Aug 30, 2003
Wasabi? Why not!
I've seen Bind-on-Equip steadfast drop from zenith chests, but Wonderholme gear only drops in WHHM and MCHM.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

What happens in 3rd Street stays in 3rd Street.

Are there only very few lower level dungeons or do you need to unlock them in some way? My 46 guy can only do 1 of them from the dungeon finder (Necromancer Tombs I think?) and my 33 guy can't do any. I did my first one yesterday and it was pretty fun.

evilentity
Jun 25, 2010

Thievery posted:

Are there only very few lower level dungeons or do you need to unlock them in some way? My 46 guy can only do 1 of them from the dungeon finder (Necromancer Tombs I think?) and my 33 guy can't do any. I did my first one yesterday and it was pretty fun.

I think there will be one at the time for leveling. Perhaps you need to go to the zone with it first?

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge

Thievery posted:

Cultist's Refuge becomes available at lvl 35.

Golden Labyrinth at lvl 48.

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...
All lower level dungeons are accessible even at level 60, but once you go outside the level range of the dungeon, it no longer shows up in instance queue. However, I can still take my level 60 Lancer, travel to Cresentia and go through the teleportal to get into Bastion of Lok.

The problem is that there are very few reasons to ever go into a dungeon that you out level, which is a shame since all of the dungeons are pretty fun. Alot of content is going unused. They should make hard modes for level 60s in all of the levelling dungeons and the rewards can be weapon/armour templates and fodder or something. I'd totally play Sky Garden Hard Mode at level 60 with 1 shot mechanics.

Necromancer Tomb becomes available to queue at level 41.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Do the zenith jewelry drop in all 3 instances? Or does only the rings drop in CW, the earrings in 5, etc.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Just an interest check but how does running a super cheese CS premade team sound to you guys. I've been mostly doing CS duo and it's enough to get into Top 50/100 but it's pretty hard to break it and stay up there without a 5man premade to lower the retard team RNG (since wins will get you 4-8 points while a loss will set you back 80-100 points)

The team setup would be 4 Lancer and a Priest. Level 60 is nice but not really required. Lancers work straight away at level 30 but Priest would need to be level 60.

The standard cheese would be 2 lancers Guardian Shout at the bottom of the ladders. Other 2 lancers climb first (dash away towards crystal), then priest, then the 2 lancers that used shout. After Priest Kaia's shield the 2 shouted lancers and they charge to crystal too. Once your 5man dies and somehow mid isn't capped by your team, you repeat the same thing with the other 2 lancers over and over till the crystal is dead.

The other variation is 1 lancer shout and then pop pledge of protection at the bottom, afterwards this lancer sits at the bottom with shield up while the other 4 climb and rush crystal. This variation is safer and quicker but you only sneak 4 people inside. When the 4 dies you repeat again switching out lancers.

For crystals setups it would be Movement speed + Hunters for weapon and Flat HP for jewel/armor.

Defense wise premade or not doesn't make too much of a difference, since CS defence is 80% how good your attack was/will be and 20% how good your tank/siege drivers are at abusing skyboxes (Fun fact you can blow up the airship before it loads into sight).

tl:dr Help me Cheese CS

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...
Yeah we should do our CS daily at the same time but you don't need 4 lancers. If anything, making a party with 4 lancers in it decreases your chance of getting paired with other premade parties which is how you really cheese BGs.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

WanderingKid posted:

Yeah we should do our CS daily at the same time but you don't need 4 lancers. If anything, making a party with 4 lancers in it decreases your chance of getting paired with other premade parties which is how you really cheese BGs.

Dunking another premade from the Top 100 is the greatest feeling :getin: one of my last game had a 1400 rating guy lose and he effectively went from sub top 10 to out of top 100.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Septimus posted:

I've seen Bind-on-Equip steadfast drop from zenith chests, but Wonderholme gear only drops in WHHM and MCHM.

Well that can't be entirely true - there's BoE WH gear on the broker.

Wassbix posted:

Dunking another premade from the Top 100 is the greatest feeling :getin: one of my last game had a 1400 rating guy lose and he effectively went from sub top 10 to out of top 100.

Can't they force-close the game to avoid getting a loss? I see so many people vanish from the losing team it's not funny.

I found a wonderful new way to grief people - Have a bunch of insanely good DPS guys queue for KG together, and splatter the giant before he makes it to the end. Have your guys out of combat (so they can ride) before he dies, and rush to the loot chest and open it. Nobody else gets poo poo.

I've become incredibly vindictive now that I have a character that actually needs to run dungeons for better gear and I have to work at it since I don't have the slayer rhythm down. I'm refusing to change my name from My.Slayer.Levelup so I get a list of people who are bad at this game and blame anything but themselves. So far my record is being instakicked 4 times in a row from CW due to my name. When I got in, I was doing more DPS as a slayer than a well-geared sorc - so I voted to kick him and the other guy agreed. Knowing I blocked his last chance at double-drop zenith chests made me warm inside.

My new ride also goes well with the .Levelup name:

Harik fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Oct 1, 2013

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

I think BoE WH gear drops from WHHM, just as a more rare rate than the bop ones.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Harik posted:

Well that can't be entirely true - there's BoE WH gear on the broker.

Can't they force-close the game to avoid getting a loss? I see so many people vanish from the losing team it's not funny.

You still get the loss. There's no way to avoid getting a loss once you get the Queue completed pops as far as I know

Septimus
Aug 30, 2003
Wasabi? Why not!
Apparently archers and mystics get a rather nasty change in the future if these patch notes are accurate:

http://teratoday.com/tera-news/asia/ktera-oct-2-patch-preview

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Whoa that's a huge (buff/nerf?) to the steadfast acquisition rate. I geared up my slayer over the double drop weekend using that an another char and it'll be at the same rate post patch. Then again steadfast has been out for a long rear end time in ktera, so it kind of makes sense for them. I wonder if we'll see that patch any time soon.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

quote:

Removed stagger effect from Rapid Fire and Final Salvo
Removed knockdown effect from 0, 1 charge of Radiant Arrow, requires charge 2 for knockdown

:unsmigghh: Goodbye archers from 3s!!

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Septimus posted:

Apparently archers and mystics get a rather nasty change in the future if these patch notes are accurate:

http://teratoday.com/tera-news/asia/ktera-oct-2-patch-preview

I'm an archer and I pretty much agree with the CQ and Radi changes but for the life of me can't understand the Rapid fire/Final Salvo changes. The stagger was the only reason to ever use those skills beside the FS animation cancel now its a skill thats an alternative to auto attacks which you never really use in pvp anyways?

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...
RIP mystic. Just when I Strikeforced it too. And the irony is Priest self heal = 100% on crit.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Yeah the mystic nerfs are really loving stupid. But the archer ones just fill me with glee.

Septimus
Aug 30, 2003
Wasabi? Why not!
Maybe it's experimental? Perhaps all classes will see similar changes in time. I get the impression that mystics and archers will vanish from 3s and it will just be lancers, warriors, slayers and priests 24/7

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
Going to come into this fresh, and I have a few questions - I've read the OP but wish to clarify a few things - please feel free to rectify any assumptions I've made if they're wrong.

MT is the most active server (despite all servers showing 'high' population) and the one with most goons on, yes?

It seems DGKK is dead - which guild has the most active goons in at present?

I am having a hard time deciding between Priest and Mystic - I prefer to stick with one class only rather than make alts, and (the nerfs mentioned on K-Tera posted above aside) I'm trying to figure out which is more in line with my preference. I know that the Mystic has a few different mechanics which sound intriguing.

The Priest gets a self-res skill at 60 - is this the kind of thing to see much use, and Mystic seems to get one at 42 which is on group members only (with glyph thing to make it work on yourself?) - I assume that the glyph does not make it trigger off, say, Thralls?

A simpler question - which are there more of, currently - Mystics or Priests?

Additionally, is there any way to search a zone / etc to see other people in it as you are able to do in other MMOs?

Finally, are there any other tips which you'd pass on to a completely fresh player (who has only take a little look at some of the offsite stuff like TeraCodex) which they may find useful?

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Priest is better in most situations from what I gathered. They are generally safer and more defensive while mystics have more offensive oriented CC. Population wise they are pretty even I believe. DGKK was totally dead around 2 weeks ago but now there are quite a few people and its a pretty relaxed feel. Not to mention it has some of the most helpful people around.

Teratoday has some guides that are useful, but I found best answers just asking in DGKK.

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...
There are currently more Priests than Mystics and for PvE, Priest is generally a more involving class to play and is generally more in demand. Its certainly much easier to heal/cleanse a raid with a Priest than it is to do the same thing with a Mystic. Mystic doesn't scale very well as the number of allies increases but they are about even in the standard party of 5.

For PvP, Mystic is currently an immortal god in 1vs1 and that in itself may account for the Glyph of Restoration nerf. Self heal from motes is a percentage of your total hitpoints and is unaffected by healing stats or healing debuffs. No matter what, if you drop an Arun's Vitae you will heal 30% of your total hitpoints. In Ktera that has been nerfed to 15%.

The issue currently is that Strikeforce gear is very strong defensively for how easy it is to get and it is capable of rolling +% maximum hitpoints. Before the new content, Mystic could PvP with roughly 62k hitpoints but with the new gear its easy to get 80k+ hitpoints. Now that I think about it, a nerf to Glyph of Restoration was inevitable.

The nerf to Thrall of Life makes somewhat less sense but provided you roll cooldown reduction on the new weapon, the cooldown is not much longer than it currently is. This just narrows your choice of gear. The main issue with Thrall of Life is that it is easy to stagger/knockdown.

Mystic is a kiting, offensive/proactive support class, grounded in controlling what your opponents can do, thus reducing the capability of your opponents to damage you and your team.

Priest is a more defensive/reactive support class, grounded in reacting to what your opponents do uninhibited and mitigating it.

The main strength of a Mystic over a Priest in 3v3 is its CC and kiting ability since slow debuffs do not reduce the distance you travel when you Teleport. Slow debuffs will reduce the distance a Priest can travel by using Blackstep and Fiery Escape. However, if they crit, Heal Thyself is a 100% self heal.

Mystic has limited healing/cleansing that can affect 3 concurrent targets. Priest in addition to a 3 target (lock on) heal also has an aoe heal, multiple ground target aoe heals and both offensive and defensive buffs than can affect up to 35 people. So for PvE and PvP raids, Priests do the bulk of the support. Mystics are just aura bots really.

Mystic's Vow of Rebirth allows you and one other party member to self resurrect on death. It does not work in instanced PvP and it has to be put on an ally. You cannot put Vow on a Thrall.

Note that attack speed affects the cast time of all spells so even though in theory, a glyphed Mystic resurrection is faster than a Priest's resurrection, in practice Priests can res much much faster because it is not a requirement to roll cooldown reduction on weapon (thus you may use an old double attack speed weapon) and Priests have Energy Stars which gives an enormous attack speed boost with no downtime provided it hits.

A Priest on Energy Stars, Kaia's Shield and Guardian Sanctuary can safely res an ally in 3v3 almost faster than you react unless you are right on top of the Priest. Even still, you have to break Kaia's Shield which protects against stagger and knockdown before you can interrupt the res. But you probably won't interrupt it as Guardian Sanctuary also grants enormous resistance to stun and the res is very fast. A little bit more than 1 second. A Priest can reliably res allies in 3v3 (with full stamina too). A Mystic, not really.

WanderingKid fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Oct 2, 2013

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
WanderingKid I've been meaning to ask you this but I haven't been able to catch you online. Is Vision maker weapon worth crafting for PvP? So far I have strikeforce gloves and boots are only 2-3 CS wins away from being crafted. I know the VM one has a stun proc that sounds overpowered but I don't actually know the details on it.

The alternative would be either going for WH weapon or making strikeforce weapon. At the moment I'm not lacking on bellicarium at all, I think I have enough bellicarium for full strikeforce and then a spare conjunct set for an alt. Only thing I'm lacking is pretty much KS credit since that was added alot later to CS and Agintor credits.

I also have no idea how to craft VM

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...
Visionmaker is good in certain situations. It has the highest healing stats and can roll double attack speed so Visionmaker weapons can be good for healers if you don't intend to rely on cooldown reduction. Seerstrike (Lancer VM weapon) still rolls the highest aggro stats of any lance making it arguably the best lance for face tanking in PvE parties/raids.

All of the new gear has significantly higher base attack and typically does more damage than the old gear. Killing people in full +12 Strikeforce is fairly hard unless you have a really good weapon like +12 Strikeforce or Nightforge because they will have tonnes of defense stats, tonnes of hitpoints and high crit resistance.

Visionmaker is a precursor for Nightforge so it is always useful as a crafting material but you need alot of money and alot of Wonderholme clears before you can consider making Nightforge.

Stun proc is decent but its rng and so is not a reliable means of locking down players. If it procs at an opportune time then great but you don't count on it happening.

To craft Visionmaker you need:

1. Visionmaker design - These are blueprints that you need before you can craft a Visionmaker item. Recommended to purchase these from the broker because all of them are pretty much under 100 gold now.

2. Master Weapon/Armour Kit - available from crafting material vendors. Weapon requires 1800 but these are very cheap.

3. Kaelic Spark - low chance of getting them from tier 6 gathering. Can be purchased on the broker for around 4k to 5k each. Can set up a gathering macro and just afk your character over a Luria plant or something.

4. Argon Vitriol - low chance to drop from the Vault. Recommended to purchase these for 3k to 4k each on the broker.

5. Shandra's Quill - guaranteed drop from killing Queen in Manaya's Core (Hard Mode). This is probably the most difficult part of making Visionmaker for new players since you need practice and a reliable group to clear MCHM.

6. Chaos Block - purchased from the Agnitor merchant in Zulfikar Fortress for Agnitor credits. Just run Nexus a few times and you can afford these easily. I think you need Revered status.

7. Victor's Trophy - purchased from the Bellicarium merchant in all major cities for Bellicarium credits. You already have tonnes of credits so easy.

8. Cyasmic Oil - purchased from the Invalesco merchant in Pathfinder Post for Invalesco credits. I think you need Revered status. Easy to get if you do your Pathfinder Post dailies.

You may craft Visionmaker on any character with 410 crafting. It is Bind on Equip and can be stored in your personal bank but cannot be traded. You can therefore transfer it between characters. It will say in the item description which character crafted it so don't make it on a character with a stupid name like Faggy.McDick.Butts unless you want everyone to see that.

WanderingKid fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Oct 3, 2013

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

They made VM boe? Jesus Christ I really should come back... Oh wait gently caress grinding strike force/night forge/rep mats

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...
Strikeforce is pretty easy to get. Just do BGs. They buffed the credit rewards fairly significantly and you get both Bellicarium and Killing Spree credits from CS and FC.

PvP Nightforge is...gruesome. PvE Nightforge seems easier than old Visionmaker when you had to farm BAMs forever for the vits and cubes drop much more frequently than quills did when you last played.

VM designs are all cheap. Steelgaze Defender (formerly one of the most expensive designs) is 90g. Kind of wish I didn't pay 21k for a Hexsight design a month or two ago but no matter.

Enchanting the gear is a bit harder but I think it may be to do with the ilvl being so much higher but people still tend to use the same ilvl fodder. Shrugs. Rerolling it with spellbinds is cheaper because theres less rerollable lines and much less crappy modifiers.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
So we tried a make-shift 3 man cheese comp for CS and did 8-2 which isn't great but still pretty good for a 3man. It wasn't a top-end setups since we didn't even have pvp zerks equipped (since we weren't all level 60s). It was however a tonne of fun and I'm hoping to run another chain of CS premades tommorow if anyone is interested I'll probably be around 5-6 PST. We don't really care if you're not level 60 or don't know how to CS we'll be more than happy to teach you!

Highlight of the day was dunking another premade into the gutters and repeated 3 minute crystal kills.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Is there a decent guide for lancers pve wise out there? The poo poo on the forums is pretty dated.

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...
Basic glyph build for PvE Lancers:

http://teracodex.com/glyphbuilder#la60:v1:11632101801072816

For MCHM you want to glyph Backstep and Charging Lunge for cooldown reduction since mobility is king in the land of one shots.

Gear rolls:

Lance - Attack Speed x2, Boss damage, Enraged damage
Chest - Boss reduction x2, Enraged reduction, Frontal reduction, HP Restoration
Boots - Movement Speed
Gloves - Power
Earrings - HP Restoration (sometimes Poison Reduction), Stun reduction
Necklace - Attack Speed, Crit Damage
Rings - % Damage, Crit Damage

Tanking is very offensive in Tera. You don't sit passively and hold down block because you generate threat by doing damage, except under special circumstances like Challenging Shout (which I will call artificial threat generation).

The idea is to generate as much sustained threat as possible from the front by comboing and constantly making big front damage numbers. You block on reaction (anything that will knockdown, stun or deal big damage).

The more you block, the less damage you put out so to compensate for a boss that is attacking you relentlessly, you shield counter when its safe. You want to squeeze in as many partial combos or pokes in between blocks to sustain threat.

Shield Counter generates a decent amount of threat, restores resolve and does fairly good damage but where possible, you will generate more threat and deal more damage by finishing your combos.

You put 3 stacks of debilitate on the boss as quickly as you can and keep the boss facing you and relatively still. This gives your DPS constant back access so they can do huge damage with their back crit setups.

DPS can do 1 mill+ crits from the rear and you may lose aggro if this happens alot. So the idea is to maintain high threat and spike it when you see the aggro icon move to another player. You can spike threat with Challenging Shout, Wallop, Lockdown Blow or Spring Attack.

Typical skill rotation would be something like:

Shield Barrage -> Spring Attack -> Block Cancel -> Debilitate -> Wallop -> Lockdown Blow -> Block Cancel -> Combo Attack -> Block Cancel

Use Combo Attack -> Block Cancel to get quick pokes in for damage and mana regeneration if any part of your main rotation is on cooldown. If using Nostrums you won't need to do this very much but you will burn mana like crazy, even with Infused Charms. Your healer needs to maintain Mana Aura or use Mana Charge constantly to keep you topped off.

During Adrenaline Rush you will burn all your mana so activate it only when you see appropriate tells and when you have high/full mana.

How often you lose aggro depends on how good or bad your DPS is. If you play with bad DPS its easy to keep aggro forever because they do lovely damage and its not regular enough. Good DPS will poo poo 1 mill+ crits like its a chronic bowel disorder.

With good DPS you need to have more threat crystals and use threat zyrks to reliably hold aggro. With bad DPS you can get away with more Mutinous and Power.

Once you get the system and boss mechanics down so you can do this on reaction, you no longer really fight the boss. You fight your own teammates to hold aggro.

WanderingKid fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Oct 4, 2013

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Awesome thanks, that was exactly what I needed. I just wasn't sure which skills were worth using and which ones are poo poo. I'm just used to completely ignoring a lot of the poo poo warrior skills and figured lancer was the same.

Is leash something that should be used often? Or rather is it actually useful in dungeon settings?

yergacheffe
Jan 22, 2007
Whaler on the moon.

Some bosses have a mechanic where they'll taunt and then Bad Things Happen Unless They're Interrupted™. For example, the last boss in Shattered Fleet likes to say "darkness grant me power" as he taunts. If you don't stun him, he'll get a huge damage + attack speed buff and run hulkamania over you. I find leash much more reliable to stun with than shield bash, not to mention if the first leash fails you can try again with master's leash immediately.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Thanks for the CS runs WanderingKid, sorry i randomly disappeared in the middle of it. We did pretty well today going 8-0 today(total record being 16-2 so far) . More people should join us, anyone above 30 can do it and its great gold/bg rep. Really beats PvE for leveling.

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...
Should go for top 10 (even though its meaningless). Theres something oddly satisfying about tanking some 1300 ELO premade.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

WanderingKid posted:

Should go for top 10 (even though its meaningless). Theres something oddly satisfying about tanking some 1300 ELO premade.

Beating another premade in the top 100 and watching them drop like 50+ ranking is the best. 20 more wins and I should have my strikeforce weapon. Though now I'm not sure if I want to gear out my archer or my lancer.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Got my lancer to 60 and still working on actually learning the drat class, too nervous to really tank anything yet, but that's because I'm still wearing the balder's temple stuff, which is really loving good oddly enough. Would I be wrong in using 3x boss damage reduction crystals and 1 x enraged reduction crystal? Or just go 4x? Attack speed zyrks are the best way to go? I was thinking of trying to learn how to tank in ToT before graduating to ACNM, good idea?

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Lyer posted:

Got my lancer to 60 and still working on actually learning the drat class, too nervous to really tank anything yet, but that's because I'm still wearing the balder's temple stuff, which is really loving good oddly enough. Would I be wrong in using 3x boss damage reduction crystals and 1 x enraged reduction crystal? Or just go 4x? Attack speed zyrks are the best way to go? I was thinking of trying to learn how to tank in ToT before graduating to ACNM, good idea?

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the assumption that tanking in dungeon was pretty boss specific, as in knowing the boss' patterns (beyond the general things like shield cancelling and such).

Also join our CS cheese group with your lancer ~ 17-1 so far

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Yeah it probably is, I just want to get a feel for the class. Knowing how long it takes me to get into block and when I can push the dps, stuff like that. You just don't get that sense fighting normal mobs and the vault stuff is too easy compared to some dungeons.

E: I also despise pvp in mmos, the communities are generally filled with shitlords and there's just too much RnG for my tastes.

Lyer fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Oct 7, 2013

Death Cube K
Mar 20, 2008

You're pretentious, this club sucks, I have beef. Let's fight.
So I've been playing this for a couple of days as the different classes and I've finally decided to settle on Warrior. I've figured out most things relatively painlessly, but I have no idea where I'm supposed to go now that I've finished the vampire mansion and found I had at least three story quests that all send me to different parts of the world. Am I supposed to do them all or should I just pick the one closest to my level and go with it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Go with the one closest to your level first, you'll eventually do them all. The other story quests unlock with level and don't require you to finish dungeons in order to progress like other mmos (which is really nice).

Some advice as a warrior: blade draw is your bread and butter. Nab the glyph of persistence and use it with all the combos that make it attack faster whenever it procs. Combative strike/pounce > traverse cut > blade draw is the main combo, rising fury > BD, vortex slash > bd, charging slash > BD. Combative strike/pounce > rain of blows is the side dish when blade draw is on cooldown. You probably want to stick in a rising fury in there whenever everything else is on c/d for the edge stacking. It won't matter to you now, but at 60 it'll make sense and it's good to get into the habit of stacking edge.

I actually gave up on my warrior once I hit 38 because I didn't know any of this and was having a hard time. It was after I read a guide online and gave it a shot again where it finally clicked for me and have become a murdering machine ever since.

Lyer fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Oct 7, 2013

• Locked thread