Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Method Mango
Sep 26, 2005

The 2nd half of the predatory capitalist's team just started in case anyone wants to watch. It's been a fun game so far and in this posters opinion, this team is a lot more exciting than the one supported by the oppresive monarchy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Method Mango posted:

The 2nd half of the predatory capitalist's team just started in case anyone wants to watch. It's been a fun game so far and in this posters opinion, this team is a lot more exciting than the one supported by the oppresive monarchy.

Yeah it's been an ok game and I'm glad Reims are putting up a fight. Falcao will probably score a winner in minute 85.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Ligue 1 seems allergic to goals.

Method Mango
Sep 26, 2005

Hegav posted:

If you don't care about any of the teams playing, it's nice to watch the multiplex because it tricks you into thinking something exciting is happening when you're watching 5 games at once.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
You can thank Agassa for the lack of goals right now because he's had a good bunch of interventions too.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Hegav posted:

it's been the lowest scoring major league for ages now, it's the anti-netherlands.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
So I just read in the Gazzetta that Menez and Blanc aren't getting along and that he might leave if the team lets him. Has he played much at all this season? He was so good for Roma and I'd love to see him back in Serie A.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Gigi Galli posted:

So I just read in the Gazzetta that Menez and Blanc aren't getting along and that he might leave if the team lets him. Has he played much at all this season? He was so good for Roma and I'd love to see him back in Serie A.

Blanc sort of avoided the topic but there's obviously a problem there. I don't know if he'll leave though as chances are Blanc will leave by the end of the season anyway.

Method Mango
Sep 26, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

He hasn't played much and he left PSG's last Champions League match early because he was mad Blanc subbed in Lucas instead of him. He's not traveling with the team for their match against Marseille this weekend.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Lyon are losing 2-0 against Montpellier.

By the way in case you've forgotten, Marseille-PSG tonight should be a fun game. Maybe.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Yellow card for Lopes but gently caress the defense is in shambles.

e: holy gently caress it's already 4-1
e2: 5-1 wow

advanced statsman fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Oct 6, 2013

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
Thiago Motta just gave up a penalty and got red carded

Method Mango
Sep 26, 2005

The SituAsian posted:

Thiago Motta just gave up a penalty and got red carded

The ref has given 17 red cards in his last 25 Ligue 1 games (more than anyone else). To be honest, Marseille needs it.

edit: Maxwell equalizes. That didn't take long

Method Mango fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Oct 6, 2013

Method Mango
Sep 26, 2005

Haha, he carded both Ibrahimovic and Cavani as they where being subbed off. PSG deserves to beat OM with how they played, but the reffing has been insane.

edit: And it's over. Like I said PSG deserved the win so in the end it didn't effect the result, but the ref was completely ridiculous. Eight cards total (1 red) and 2 penalties (although they were both reasonable). OM unfortunately looks a level below PSG and Monaco. Valbeuna's highlight real this year has been a bunch of near goals.

Method Mango fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Oct 6, 2013

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Leonardo's lengthy ban for pushing a referee after one of PSG's matches late in the year last season was overturned on appeal today. The argument was basically "he no longer works for a French club, how can he still be banned?". It's expected that he'll join Inter as their director of football, most other countries' national associations were honoring the ban, Italy included.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24536528

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

trem_two posted:

Leonardo's lengthy ban for pushing a referee after one of PSG's matches late in the year last season was overturned on appeal today. The argument was basically "he no longer works for a French club, how can he still be banned?". It's expected that he'll join Inter as their director of football, most other countries' national associations were honoring the ban, Italy included.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24536528

haha how did I miss this? it's pretty funny

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Real excited for that Judas turd to come back and make an rear end of himself in Italy again :rolleyes:

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Marseille losing 1-0 to Nice right now. Hmm.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Ospina has been ridiculous today.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
And game over. Ospina was enormous, really good stuff.

Method Mango
Sep 26, 2005

tetsman posted:

And game over. Ospina was enormous, really good stuff.

3rd loss in a row for Marseille if you count Dortmund, and 4th in a row if you're smart and already count next week's game against Napoli as a loss. Also everyone needs to watch the games this weekend because the team presidents might go on strike next weekend due to the 75% tax on salaries over 1 million euros that the French government is trying to put through.

English link: http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1585479/ligue-1-clubs-consider-strike-action?cc=5901

If a league that no one watches goes on strike, does it make a sound?

MrKonarski
May 9, 2012
I watched that match , Ayew and Valbuena look like superstars with all those unable-to-touch-la-balle-deux-times-without-losing-it players

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on
loving PHWOAR just saw the goal Ibrahimovic scored.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

So Falcao is the top scorer so far with 7 goals, while Cavani shares the second place with Berigaud, Djordjevic, Riviere and Cvitanich with 6 goals. Ibra has scored 5 this season so far. What's funny is that Lille and Marseille's top scorers (Kalou and Gignac/Payet respectively) have scored only 3 goals each.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
blahblah evil guys always win

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

tetsman posted:

blahblah evil guys always win

This has been the theme of this weeks football. Real bullshit imo. Go Evian

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
gently caress that's a lot of blood

Method Mango
Sep 26, 2005

tetsman posted:

gently caress that's a lot of blood

Pretty rough to get red carded for getting elbowed in the head

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
lol this whole thing is a joke

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

RIP French football. The clubs is on strike and I wouldn't be surprised if we see an exodus of talent in the winter and summer window.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Hegav posted:

RIP French football. The clubs is on strike and I wouldn't be surprised if we see an exodus of talent in the winter and summer window.

Thiago Silva please come home and bring Ibra with you.

Have all the teams agreed to the strike at this point? I remember that a few of them were opposed. I imagine only the infinite money teams (PSG, Monaco) could weather something like this and continue to pay the salaries that they already pay out.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
It doesn't affect Monaco

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on
drat I wasn't expecting the French to implode on themselves that quickly.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Scott Bakula posted:

It doesn't affect Monaco

I remember there being something involving their tax situation over the summer but not a resolution. Did somebody throw money at it to make it go away?

Method Mango
Sep 26, 2005

They actually won't be on "strike" until the last weekend of November. What happened today is they decided to go forward with their planned stike after the team presidents met with Hollande and didn't get an exception on the 75% tax on salaries over 1 million euros that he's trying create. They had already voted to do that last week, and basically at this point since it's still a month away, both sides are just calling each other's bluff. It's not even really a strike, it's just going to be a weekend where they don't play and they'll make it up later (and it's only planned for that weekend).

And Scott Bakula is right, the tax doesn't affect Monaco (unless the league forces them to move their headquarters into France which they've been threatening to do). Gigi Galli is right though in that some team presidents have already made it sound like they think the strike is stupid.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Gigi Galli posted:

Thiago Silva please come home and bring Ibra with you.

Have all the teams agreed to the strike at this point? I remember that a few of them were opposed. I imagine only the infinite money teams (PSG, Monaco) could weather something like this and continue to pay the salaries that they already pay out.

Every Ligue 1 and 2 clubs I think. They have both LFP and FIFPro support.

quote:

They had already voted to do that last week, and basically at this point since it's still a month away, both sides are just calling each other's bluff. It's not even really a strike, it's just going to be a weekend where they don't play and they'll make it up later (and it's only planned for that weekend).

Yeah, but there's no way French clubs will be able to attract or hold on to their talent any more.

Hegay fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Oct 31, 2013

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
One of the things the syndicate of professional football clubs wanted to achieve was the non-retroactivity of the new tax raise on older contracts, but the French government kept their position. The tax of 75% will remain in place for two years and football teams won't count with any exceptions. 120 players will be affected as well as 14 teams on the Ligue 1, but no Ligue 2 teams will be affected by the new taxation.
What's gonna happen now is, the L1 and L2 matches scheduled for the last week of November will not be played (though they won't officially go on strike; instead, they'll hold talks at the stadiums telling people about their point of view and such).

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
The most affected clubs, according to Le Monde, will be Marseille (€5.3mil), Lyon (€4.9mil), Lille (€4.8mil), Bordeaux (€3.3mil) and Rennes (€2.1mil).
Also, something funny is that the new measure will actually help PSG save some money, paying some €20mil instead of €49mil.
http://www.slate.fr/story/78358/plafonnement-taxe-75-bouclier-fiscal-psg-grands-clubs-foot

advanced statsman fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Oct 31, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Method Mango
Sep 26, 2005

Hegav posted:

Yeah, but there's no way French clubs will be able to attract or hold on to their talent any more.

Yeah, I just wanted to point out that it's not a normal strike that would go on until they reach an agreement. It has a start and end date.

• Locked thread