Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mister Roboto posted:

Reminder that Inafune is beloved enough to have a game devoted to his neice saving him. What have YOU done at age 46?

So enough with the creepy self-loathing seeing-pedos everywhere talk, he's clearly a decent guy and his little robot kid creations are for fun, male or female.

That is like the worst possible example you could use to make that point, man.

TaurusOxford posted:

I genuinely want to see Inafune walk out to a major gaming conference dressed like that.

I assume that is just how he dresses normally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Fictional niece. :eng101:

Does that make it better, or weirder? I can't decide.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I realized why I like C's eyes so much.

Makes me think of this:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
He's also a summon in Hyper Dimension Neptunia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60UvsiuO-yY

Pretty drat funny actually.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

I realized why I like C's eyes so much.

Makes me think of this:

Good lord, isn't that from The Moomins?

Light Gun Man posted:

Fictional niece. :eng101:

Does that make it better, or weirder? I can't decide.

So in the fictional world, does that make her Mega Man's cousin?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Blackheart posted:

Those eyes are Mymble as gently caress. :colbert:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Blackheart posted:

So in the fictional world, does that make her Mega Man's cousin?

Well if Inafune calls Mega Man his father, something like this?

*this chart for entertainment purposes only

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010
Intro stage is in! :toot:

130k to go for the support character stretch goal.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Nice, they got the composer for MM2 Takashi Tateishi to come on board. Yeah I know nostalgia and all but MM2 had the best music. :colbert:

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Shindragon posted:

Nice, they got the composer for MM2 Takashi Tateishi to come on board. Yeah I know nostalgia and all but MM2 had the best music. :colbert:

Megaman 5's Protoman Fortress stage is the best castle theme in the original series and I will fight for it. :c00lbert:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Have they detailed the entire composer roster? I know they've talked about Matsumae a lot, but it sounds like she's only doing a few key songs, yeah? Who's doing the rest? Ippo Yamada or someone else from Inti Creates?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Screaming Idiot posted:

Megaman 5's Protoman Fortress stage is the best castle theme in the original series and I will fight for it. :c00lbert:

It has a lot of competition, but that is an excellent choice.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
MM5 has most of the best tunes in general.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
I submit these for best fortess music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWzOyGU7vEE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br3uvu7_Tew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbpEhw42bvQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tequloSGhU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XKjAwEs2RQ

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
It gives me a warm, happy feeling when people remember that Megaman 7 and 8 had good music. :3:

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
One of those linked to Galaxy Man's theme and I've listened to it like three times already. :3: gently caress castle themes, that's the best.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

You forgot Wily 1 from Mega Man 2 :confused:

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

The Merkinman posted:

You forgot Wily 1 from Mega Man 2 :confused:

Come on, that's the most overexposed tune in Mega Man history. The point of the post was to give recognition to some extraordinary fortress themes that don't get as much time in the limelight.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Yeah I always liked MM4s Dr. Cossack's fortress theme. It was really catchy.

MM7 did have good music. But 8? Hahaha hell no. (ignore me because I think 8 is probably the shittiest MM game ever made)

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Shindragon posted:

MM7 did have good music. But 8? Hahaha hell no. (ignore me because I think 8 is probably the shittiest MM game ever made)

Worse than MM2 GB? And 8 has some great tunes get the gently caress outta here. Intro stage, Grenade Man, Frost Man, Astro Man, Wily 2 just to name a few.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Nothing will be worse than MM2GB. That in it's own category.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Shindragon posted:

Don't forget that the Mega Man games for DOS exist! :haw:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
We don't talk about that. That's like E.T. for Atari. We bury that deep into the ground so nobody would remember it.
I'll reconcile the statement bout MM8 music being bad. It was a while since I heard MM8 music. It's alright.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Grenade Man, yo.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Shindragon posted:

AHungryRobot posted:

Don't forget that the Mega Man games for DOS exist! :haw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMq-3xZsb9E

Discussion over. :colbert:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I don't want you are talking about. I don't' remember that at all. That's clearly a fan game. Nope. :colbert:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Shindragon posted:

I don't want you are talking about. I don't' remember that at all. That's clearly a fan game. Nope. :colbert:

No fan would make that game. :colbert:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I didn't say a good fan game now did I. But in seriousness, yeah what the gently caress where they thinking with that. lovely rear end 2xSai filter and not really great gameplay. I have an Ipad and all but I refused to even touch that piece of poo poo.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Even for as bad as XOver is, that's not an easy decision. The DOS games are at least as bad if not worse. They don't even have music for fucks sake.

Hell, it even looks like they got the idea of XOver from Mega Man 1 DOS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhTPA2EfvkM&t=9s

Just look at that walking-in-a-straight-line-with-occasional-jumping-or-shooting action!

AHungryRobot fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Sep 30, 2013

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Wyvernil posted:

With the hero's transformation abilities, it'd be interesting to see a villain with similar powers. Depending on what form the boss takes, its abilities and patterns could be entirely different. Maybe even have a boss that can steal your powers and use them against you(but in doing so, they gain the weaknesses of the boss you originally acquired the power from).

A sort of cross between your given vs Protoman/Bass fight and any given version of seven force?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

AHungryRobot posted:

Even for as bad as XOver is, that's not an easy decision. The DOS games are at least as bad if not worse.

At least the DOS games weren't made to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Megaman.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Shindragon posted:

Actually isn't that video the fake Xover that someone made in flash to show how little effort it took to make the real game?

Also if we are still talking about music I like the stage select themes.

8:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up0fk2bKIZU

X4:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dZL6oZTomY

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I owned those dos games they were bizarre and ran unplayably fast in windows(95). They also came with a bizarre version of street fighter 2 for pc, it was sf2 but with only two buttons somehow.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Shindragon posted:

Aqua mans music owned and I will not have you bad mouthing it.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Electric Phantasm posted:

Actually isn't that video the fake Xover that someone made in flash to show how little effort it took to make the real game?

Funny thing about, I've seen both in action and the fake one has better sprite consistency. In the iOS real game, the sprite will actually be sequeezed just a bit too much in certain frames, making the pixels look stretched, even with the dumb filter over it.

Such a terrible pile of poo poo.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

AHungryRobot posted:

Come on, that's the most overexposed tune in Mega Man history. The point of the post was to give recognition to some extraordinary fortress themes that don't get as much time in the limelight.

Oh, I thought it was about the music in general throughout the series, given the new addition. Let's talk abut music since they got the composer from MM2, but don't point out any songs from MM2!

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

The Merkinman posted:

Oh, I thought it was about the music in general throughout the series, given the new addition. Let's talk abut music since they got the composer from MM2, but don't point out any songs from MM2!

I'm sorry for sharing some less well-known themes from the series? :confused:

If you want to talk about MM2 music go ahead. I never even implied that was taboo or anything. I just didn't post that one song because it almost goes without saying that it's a good theme.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Screaming Idiot posted:

It gives me a warm, happy feeling when people remember that Megaman 7 and 8 had good music. :3:

I think 8 has the best soundtrack overall of the series. 7 has the best credits in the series imo.

One of the cool things about that megaman unlimited fan game is it's soundtrack is easily on par with the music in the actual games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o6y47-cUj8&list=PLdHWtAKg5bXaZGX5j-WlF5HVDNSXhQxmv

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Grenade Man, yo.

I'M GRENADE MAN!!!!!
CRUSH EVERYONE AH HA HA
UNNNFF THAT FELT GOOOOOD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

AHungryRobot posted:

I'm sorry for sharing some less well-known themes from the series? :confused:

If you want to talk about MM2 music go ahead. I never even implied that was taboo or anything. I just didn't post that one song because it almost goes without saying that it's a good theme.
OK I think we are in agreement then.