Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

BlitzBlast posted:

Fixed that for you.

I think I'm going to enjoy Build Fighters if they keep up this level of silly accessories.

Oh don't get me wrong. After AGE, i'm enjoying the intentional goofiness. I'm just baffled at the logic behind gimping Wing Gundam's flight performance and then giving him a chariot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

TaurusOxford posted:

Oh don't get me wrong. After AGE, i'm enjoying the intentional goofiness. I'm just baffled at the logic behind gimping Wing Gundam's flight performance and then giving him a chariot.

They thought Zeus Gundam like the rest of G Gundam was just a tad too racist. So they decided to kitbash Wing designs to fill that role.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Build Custom Series? the gently caress :raise:

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
Updated a couple links in the OP. Along with Gundam Guy, there's also links to the Mecha Guy and GG Infinite figure blogs as well as a new link to Yokatta's web-exclusive preorder page. Let me know if there are any other links you guys would like me to put up. Oh, and I added TaurusOxford's GP-01 to the Goon Projects section.

In other news, they're making a Hi-Nu Robot Damashii just for me.

Mecha Gojira fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Sep 24, 2013

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The best part is that it looks to be one of the Booster units. You can buy it on its own and stick any Gundam you please on top :allears:.

Morgenthau
Aug 28, 2007
Circumstances have gone beyond my control.

I.... I.. I actually like it. It's like one of those SD musha samurai gundams made real.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Next month HLJ will be restocking the 1/100 Sumo (both colors), 1/100 Turn A (not the MG, which got restocked this month), 1/144 Turn A, and the 1/144 Turn X. Sadly the Kapool will not be receiving similar treatment, but it showed up in Unicorn so we should be seeing a HGUC of it any day now.

...Any day now.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Mecha Gojira posted:

In other news, they're making a Hi-Nu Robot Damashii just for me.

I'm really glad that they kept the old fat look of the hi nu. I despise the slim redesigns that bandai has been putting out recently

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Monaghan posted:

I'm really glad that they kept the old fat look of the hi nu. I despise the slim redesigns that bandai has been putting out recently

I love the slim redesigns

I am part of the problem :ohdear:

Oblique Angle
Feb 11, 2011

God or the devil? Why not surpass them both?!
My shelf is starting to look like Super Robot Wars:

Gonna need more shelves if I keep adding more firepower.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I hope for your sake you got some reinforcements off-screen:

:colbert:

Oblique Angle
Feb 11, 2011

God or the devil? Why not surpass them both?!
Well, there's the other half of the shelf:

and those yet to arrive...

:colbert: :colbert:

e: Also is that the 3.0 on the far left? How is that kit?

e2: And I think it's funny that our Freedoms are in basically the same pose. No other pose really feels right for Freedom, you know? :v:

Oblique Angle fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Sep 25, 2013

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
You win...for now. :colbert:

As for my RX-78-2, it's not the 3.0 It's the Softbank Metal-in-Frame version that I painted up to be more RG-ish. Not the best use of my money, but I at least have a RX-78-2 that almost no one else outside Japan has.

EDIT: Super Robot Chogokin Genesic GaoGaiGar - 9500 yen

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Sep 25, 2013

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Yeah my Destiny is in the Obari Pose all the time. No exceptions. Hilariously enough my Strike Freedom is also in the pose.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

It doesn't even look like an Acguy anymore. It's just a vaguely MS-shaped teddy bear.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

TaurusOxford posted:

You win...for now. :colbert:

As for my RX-78-2, it's not the 3.0 It's the Softbank Metal-in-Frame version that I painted up to be more RG-ish. Not the best use of my money, but I at least have a RX-78-2 that almost no one else outside Japan has.

EDIT: Super Robot Chogokin Genesic GaoGaiGar - 9500 yen

I'v never bought a super robot chogokin but now I have pretty much have to. I've wanted a good figure/model of genesic for a long time.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Oblique Angle posted:

My shelf is starting to look like Super Robot Wars:
You call that a knife? :colbert:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

I know this is from a bit ago but this guy's reviews of the kit convinced me to order this kit, as well as the nice basic HGUC RX-78-2 Gundam for my next builds.

Well ok, nostalgia convinced me to get the RX-78-2, but that was caused by me gushing over the Wing!

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Build Fighters made a full-on samurai Red Frame and it looks cool as hell. Look at those giant shoulder arms!

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Build Fighters is incredible. Look at all those weapons! Gimme MG BF Red Frame.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

EthanSteele posted:

Build Fighters is incredible. Look at all those weapons! Gimme MG BF Red Frame.

I'm still looking forward to seeing what that hinted Heavyarms looks like, given they all seem to have some kind modification from the original. We all know the only way you can modify a Heavyarms is to add more missiles. Or chainguns :getin:.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Neddy Seagoon posted:

We all know the only way you can modify a Heavyarms is to add more missiles. Or chainguns :getin:.

Build Fighters has WING Gundam riding a motorcycle. You're not guaranteed poo poo. :colbert:

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Red Bones posted:

Build Fighters made a full-on samurai Red Frame and it looks cool as hell. Look at those giant shoulder arms!

Holy poo poo, just when you thought red frame couldn't get better, they make Sengoku Astray :swoon:

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Much appreciation for the added wrist articulation, you'll get much better poses. Plus you can evidently get the arms crossed. Might involve removing the hand though, hard to see.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TaurusOxford posted:

Build Fighters has WING Gundam riding a motorcycle. You're not guaranteed poo poo. :colbert:

I'd like to point out that Wing Gundam is missing a wing and thus unlikely to fly very well. Some sort of ground transportation seems apropos, really :goonsay:.

Besides, you say that like it's not an awesome bike!

Faltion
Jul 4, 2004

I am an anachronism
Been kinda stressed out lately and wanted to make something so I spent a couple of hours and put together the MG Geara Doga. The perfectionist part of my brain was screaming at me for not painting it, but it was a fun build. I haven't actually built a MG in over a decade. The only thing I don't like about it is that the yellow rubbing piping absolutely sucks. It's way too soft.

Now it's going on the shelf with the other built kits in the "to be painted" queue. I think it would look awesome with some sort of camo pattern.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Ok, so I've been working on my HG Strike Freedom Ver. GFT and the drat thigh polycap is too big for the thigh piece itself and it won't stay snapped together. Any suggestions for how I can make stay together?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

You sure you're using the right polycap/putting it in the right way? It's pretty rare for a Gunpla kit to have QC issues, even in the old Seed NGs.

Anyways, worst comes to worst you can just slice off the excess and glue it back together if you have to. But I'd definitely check if it's an error on your part first.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

As it turns out I was supposed to pretty much force the top of the polycap through the plastic part or some nonsense like that, thanks for the advice Blitz.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Exactly how transformable are Bandai's 'transformable' Macross Valkyrie kits?

Looking at this specifically: http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN984464/Sci

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
I have a VF-25 and it it's pretty intricate and can do all modes, but there are a couple swap out support pieces that you jam in there to keep everything stable. Looking at the instructions of that new VF-1 kit you linked, it looks like the only parts swapping is the handle on the gun and a clip to hold it in fighter mode. Otherwise, the only other thing that's not integrated is clips for putting it on an action base. No idea how much of a hassle it is to actually deal with the transformation, though the design is far simpler than the 25, so I wouldn't expect it to be nearly as finicky.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Sakurazuka posted:

Exactly how transformable are Bandai's 'transformable' Macross Valkyrie kits?

Looking at this specifically: http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN984464/Sci

Just LOOK at the engineering that went into this kit. It's staggering. Not even the Yamato 1/60 Perfect Transformation went the lengths Bandai did to make it both screen-accurate and yet almost completely functional. It even has the little arm-mechanics that the show used to explain how the intakes from the fighter-mode turned into the thighs for Battroid. Though, it looks like it does still require pulling off and replacing the legs.

I'm considering getting it myself now, but the obvious extensive need for painting and detailing is holding me off for now. I mean, come on. For a kit the size of a Master Grade, they could've at least molded the laser-antennae in a separate color.

Mecha Gojira fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Sep 29, 2013

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Anyone have a lot of experience with Koto kits? I just put a preorder on the F-22 from Muv-Luv because I really like the look of it, and I'm wondering if they've got any general engineering issues I should know about. All I really know about them is that some parts can be molded sharp enough to draw blood, and that Cybuster is basically a lethal weapon if you drop it on someone.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
I've built their SRWOG kits and can confirm Cybuster is real sharp. They're sort of big HG with better colour separation than MG. No stickers, everything is it's own little part. I can't think of any problems, the only thing I've ever had was a part broken in the box, but that was because it was shipped badly rather than anything specific to the kit. I remember someone building the WildWurger kit and hating it because it kept exploding all the time, but the Aussenseiter is one of the best kits I've ever built.

I really want to get a couple of the Frame Arms kits, because the gimmick of it being basically LEGO but mech parts is cool as hell to me.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

muike posted:

Anyone have a lot of experience with Koto kits? I just put a preorder on the F-22 from Muv-Luv because I really like the look of it, and I'm wondering if they've got any general engineering issues I should know about. All I really know about them is that some parts can be molded sharp enough to draw blood, and that Cybuster is basically a lethal weapon if you drop it on someone.

Well I did a bunch of reviews for SRW kits, if those are any indication of the quality of Koto kits as a whole.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3472857#post401627153

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Kotobukiya kits are fine, just don't expect the same level of plastic quality or the easy-to-read manuals of Gunpla. Also no decals. Ever.

Also, as Ethan mentioned, they never stopped molding pieces in multiple colors at once. This makes their kits kind of a pain in the rear end to paint, but if you never planned on doing that in the first place it's great.

EthanSteele posted:

I really want to get a couple of the Frame Arms kits, because the gimmick of it being basically LEGO but mech parts is cool as hell to me.

Well I hope you like denubbing then, because drat.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I kinda wish they made an MG Zaku I ver. 2.0. You'd think they would have already, as the Zaku I practically shares all the same parts except for the head, shield, shoulder armor and a few minor details here and there. The Zaku cannon is probably a bigger departure.

Has anyone take the head, shoulder armor and shield from a Zaku I MG and put it on a Zaku II 2.0 body?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I like Kotobukiya kits more than Bandai ones, specifically their Armored Core models. I mostly just panel-line and accent parts in silver/gold though so I've never had to deal with a complicated paint job. The kits are pretty big, and have lots of detail. Koto kits are priced weird too, I think it is because they make a lot of one-offs which become rare. In my local store there are these little kits from Koto in small boxes (as big as a $20 Bandai HG kit), but since it's a Koto thing it costs $50-60. Then you find a giant Koto Armored Core model with a massive box and tons of sprues, and it's $45.

Oh yeah, if anybody has the Linebarrels of Iron Appirition model kit taking up space I'd like to buy it. It looks so loving badass but my local store can't order it.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

BlitzBlast posted:

Well I hope you like denubbing then, because drat.

Dang! I'm hoping to get an airbrush soon so hopefully that'll help!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Proto Zero's boxart has been released.

:drat:

• Locked thread