Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe
:siren:Oath complete!:siren:

No Detektuv's jurnal. I can't freehand worth poo poo, so I have to pass on this month.

Edit: :catdrugs: I just found an old camera lying on a shelf somewhere. It's not very good, but infinitely better than my lovely phone cam!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Oh god, it's going to be paint something pink isn't it? :ohdear:

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Yep, I'm pretty sure it was 'do something for breast cancer awareness (but not boobs)' last year, or words to that effect.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

enri posted:

Oh god, it's going to be paint something pink isn't it? :ohdear:

Shouldn't have started this angelius tonight. I did a lot of pink on the wings. :( Guess I can buy a second.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Was I supposed to point out that some of my models were Infinity Models? I see some of you doing that, oh god help I'm so lost.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Was I supposed to point out that some of my models were Infinity Models? I see some of you doing that, oh god help I'm so lost.

Just update your oath complete post and post again saying you've updated it, no biggie.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Karnegal posted:

Shouldn't have started this angelius tonight. I did a lot of pink on the wings. :( Guess I can buy a second.

It's also amnesty month!

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!

krushgroove posted:

Just update your oath complete post and post again saying you've updated it, no biggie.

Edited! I also took out the themed group claim so as not to cause any judgly confusion.

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

:hist101:
Got back from the mountains much later than I expected, so I only had a couple hours to start/finish these. Time to post, and then get some shuteye before work in the morning.

:hist101:Oath Complete!:hist101:

The Jurnal for this month is the freehand warpaint/tattoos on their skin.

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

Oath Complete!

The Jurnal for this month is his :h: Mom tattoo. I'm really proud of this dumb bastard, I think he's probably the best model I've ever painted.

For this month, he's going to Strike a Pose!

Brynjolf the Giant fluffed his tiger as he drifted through the foggy haze of his hangover. Up above, the sun peeked out from behind a cloud and lit up his face, causing his head to pound even worse than when actual goblins pounded on it. He pulled up his enormous black blanket over his head and breathed heavily beneath it as the orange wolf squirmed out to bask in the sunlight. There, curled up in a ball, the giant came as close as it ever did to introspection.

Today, he thought about the tiger. Brynjolf was excited about the tiger because it seemed as though it could become a good friend. Long-lasting friendships involving giants are, of course, uncommon, but it didn't stop the giant from daydreaming about it. So far, the good temper of the orange wolf, along with its durability when thrown or fluffed had seen it through in one piece. Brynjolf wasn't sure how long it had been since he met his tiger; that part escaped him. He thought long and hard about about it, but paused when he realized nothing was bothering or interrupting him. With a groan, Brynjolf sat up and looked around. It was quiet, and while the constant, obnoxious ruckus in the Orc camp was something he didn't notice anymore, the calm silence had caught his attention.

Everyone was gone.

Angrily, but carefully (from experience!) Brynjolf got up to his feet, and looked around. The wolf rolled over on its back to him. Brynjolf wasn't in the mood to pet his tiger, though - those gits had left him behind again. Grabbing his blanket and club, the giant stalked off after the greenskins to give them a good beating.

Also gonna Double My Fun and do some In Battle!

Gotta fight these gits just about every day.

These ones are fun. Throw 'em as far as you want, they never break!

Not sure what these ones even wanted, but I won anyway.

These ones are best! Bring the horse right to ya.

This time was bad, got lost...

Real lost

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

:?: OATH COMPLETE :bubblewoop:

Kharnov, Timberwolf and Osteon

Can I claim Jernel freehand on the Kharnov's Desert Storm 1 camo and side numbering? Otherwise, no Jernels.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Kommando posted:

Can I claim Jernel freehand on the Kharnov's Desert Storm 1 camo and side numbering? Otherwise, no Jernels.

You're good with the camo stripes and stuff - I don't see the numbers but you're good anyway.

Avenger_Mullah
Dec 28, 2008
Repainting, nothing to see here...

Avenger_Mullah fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Sep 30, 2013

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Avenger_Mullah posted:

Oath Complete

Jurnal is the pentagram on the ground here:

Is that... the Star of David...?

Avenger_Mullah
Dec 28, 2008

Asphyxious posted:

Is that... the Star of David...?

Whoops, thought it was a pentagram. Here is my new and improved Oath Complete post, now with 50 % less religious offensive images

Old jurnal has been painted over, new jurnal is angry face on weapon. Hope no religion is using that as their symbol

Avenger_Mullah fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Sep 30, 2013

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Oath Complete

This month I tried wet blending for the first time ever, using one of the double-ended Games and Gears brushes I got in their kickstarter a while ago. I learnt that wet blending is hard, but can give good results, and that I should probably have looked up a tutorial before trying it. :(

I also learnt that the slightly translucent Bones material can hide mold lines entirely until you've painted over them. :argh: I didn't notice until I'd already begun shading and highlighting, and by then I didn't know how to fix them without starting entirely from scratch.

The Detektuv's Jurnal is the freehanded pattern on the skirt. It's a bit abstract, but it reminds me of peacock feathers. I tried to use a limited colour palette for the whole model, and I think it worked out alright. :yaycloud:

I was pleasantly surprised to find that her club is actually a smaller lady.

Painting a larger model was interesting, as I tried to apply what I've learnt to do to regular 28mm models to the much larger area.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Schmetterling posted:

I also learnt that the slightly translucent Bones material can hide mold lines entirely until you've painted over them. :argh: I didn't notice until I'd already begun shading and highlighting, and by then I didn't know how to fix them without starting entirely from scratch.

Prime first, then clean mold lines. You can paint straight onto bonesium, so it's not a problem to do it in that order. it's a bit odd, but not a problem (IME)

Illudere
Jan 12, 2005
Oath Complete

Sorry my name text isn't very clear though it looked fine before I uploaded it. Also didn't attempt the journal. Painting these larger models is much tougher than my little 10mm guys.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
A question on amnesty month - in the past, has it been 'partially completed models that were previously failed', or is it 'any partially completed models'?

I've got like 10-13 figures in various states of completion, and I wouldn't mind tacking some of them onto my normal pledge if there's time.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

I'm fairly sure last year it was 'any partially completed models, including Whales', but that may change for this year.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Oath complete!

Wow, I really need a proper lightbox. Model was a chore to paint but I'm pretty happy with it.

TarDolphinorShark
Sep 25, 2008

:siren: OATH COMPLETE :siren:

Following in my trend of having camera problems I must submit another cellphone picture.
The jurnal entry FREE HAND can be found on this little guy's head tattoo.

Fingers crossed I can get real pictures for whatever I oath next month!

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Smurfs don't lay eggs! I won't tell you this again! Papa Smurf has a fucking beard! They're mammals!

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Oath complete!

Wow, I really need a proper lightbox. Model was a chore to paint but I'm pretty happy with it.

That does look like quite the chore. I can't even imagine how annoying it would have been to paint all those necrons had you built it first. Do most people leave them out?

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I was prepared to go to the wire tonight trying o finish my oath, but then I remembered that the deadline isn't midnight local. It's 8pm. :( There's no way I can get it done by then, so it looks like I'm in for my first failure unless I can pull of a magical amount of painting in my lunch break (I can't).

Conan the Librarian
Mar 1, 2006

I drink zee beer from zee glass but das boring, das boot? ew yeah das more like it keep pouring
Oath Complete
Going to claim Detektuv's Jurnal for the hand done Arabic on the side of the turret. I'm pretty happy with how the salt weathering turned out here.

I should have another go around and do more weathering when I get closer to finishing this army.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Bavius posted:

That does look like quite the chore. I can't even imagine how annoying it would have been to paint all those necrons had you built it first. Do most people leave them out?

I think most people don't paint their Ghost Arks, I was only able to find a handful online. It helps for most people that they do Necrons as silver with a black wash and a bright silver drybrush.

Even building it is rough. Each of those ten Necron passengers is 6 pieces. The helmsman has a separate neck piece for no real reason. Someone best described it as a "delicate flower".

The worst part is that I painted ten dudes the same, but because they're all glued together I can't get Themed Group!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

thespaceinvader posted:

Leperflesh: that OK?

Yes!

Serotonin posted:

Oath Complete

Jurnal?

Loxbourne posted:

Oath Complete!

I'm claiming Themed Group for the Klingon squadron, and the Journal for the weather effects and markings on the fighter tokens.

The cloud effects were easier than I thought they would be.

I've also credited you for I rolled a six... because you did a big pile o' gaming tokens!

Matgash posted:

:siren:Oath Completer:siren:

Jurnal?

Imazul posted:

:siren:Oath Complete:siren:
Well this was an exercise in frustration but I learned a lot. Next month it's going to be better.

You need to include everything you oathed this month, in a single Oath Complete post. Here is the chain of events: you oathed something, I put that in the sheet. You completed it and posted an oath complete post, and I entered that in the sheet, including giving you points. You oathed another thing, and I deleted the points in the sheet, and the oath complete link. Now you've completed the things you added... and I need one link, so I can add the points back in and don't have to just remember that you had a previous oath complete post, and go find it.

I'm spelling this out because it's the second time this month I've pointed exactly this thing out (see thespaceinvader) and I'm having to point it out every month, so don't feel picked on too much, I just don't want to point it out again for anyone else.

So, please either edit all your stuff into the latest oath complete post (and tell me you've done so), or post a new oath complete post.

thespaceinvader posted:

Some better pics of this month's minis:

Edit these into your Oath Complete post! You want the judges to see the best photos, and you can edit your oath complete post any time before the deadline.

Monoliths posted:

If that's all legit, of course.
It's all legit!

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

I don't actually have any models to oath for next month because all the other troops have some red on their weapons from an aborted attempt to assembly-line paint them.

Those will be perfect for October, because October is Amnesty Month!

Korwen posted:

There's been too many excellent models posted on this page, so it's time to lower the bar!

Oath Complete

Edit your username into your photos and I can give you another point! Let me know if you do that before the deadline.

Karnegal posted:

Oath Complete - claiming my Awwww, it's a baby! I suppose

Same to you: put your username in your oath complete photos, and you get a point! Also, did you do this month's Detektuv's Jurnal? (It's OK if you didn't, but if you did, you need to point out what you did to me.)

Dr. Clockwork posted:

I already got it: when you made your oath, and you said which manufacturer made each model, you told me about the Corvus Belli models. So I got you covered. It doesn't hurt to mention it in the oath complete post too, of course, but it's not necessary.

Illudere posted:

Oath Complete

Did you finish your Savin' da Whales attempt?

Iris of Ether posted:

A question on amnesty month - in the past, has it been 'partially completed models that were previously failed', or is it 'any partially completed models'?

I've got like 10-13 figures in various states of completion, and I wouldn't mind tacking some of them onto my normal pledge if there's time.

Any partially completed models. You can also Save da Whales by completing oaths you failed during this oath thread, but the rules are different for these two different things: some models might qualify for both. (Example: you can technically Save da Whales for an oath that you finished, but not on time... e.g., models that are actually fully painted but you missed the deadline. Those models would not qualify for Amnesty Month, though, because you can't oath complete models. Conversely, you can use Amnesty Month to oath incomplete models that you started in 1994, but those would not qualify for Savin' da Whales, because they weren't from this year's oath thread. I hope I'm making things clearer and not muddier...)

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Oath complete!
Jurnal?

MasterSlowPoke posted:

The worst part is that I painted ten dudes the same, but because they're all glued together I can't get Themed Group!

gently caress that. If you glued them all to a display base it'd count, I say it counts for having ten dudes mounted on a transport too. Does anyone disagree?

nathonicus
May 2, 2013

nathonicus posted:

Oath complete!

Detektuv's Jurnal accomplished!

Oath Complete

Themed Group

Ok, so no bases (pity) but finished the Warmaster stuff for my additional oath. Down to the wire, so the picture is quite lovely, but them little dudes is painted.(Actually, I realized that I only oathed three stands of Hounds but I painted six. Oh well.)

nathonicus fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Sep 30, 2013

Imazul
Sep 3, 2006

This was actually a lot more bearable than most of you made it out to be.

Leperflesh posted:

You need to include everything you oathed this month, in a single Oath Complete post. Here is the chain of events: you oathed something, I put that in the sheet. You completed it and posted an oath complete post, and I entered that in the sheet, including giving you points. You oathed another thing, and I deleted the points in the sheet, and the oath complete link. Now you've completed the things you added... and I need one link, so I can add the points back in and don't have to just remember that you had a previous oath complete post, and go find it.

I'm spelling this out because it's the second time this month I've pointed exactly this thing out (see thespaceinvader) and I'm having to point it out every month, so don't feel picked on too much, I just don't want to point it out again for anyone else.

So, please either edit all your stuff into the latest oath complete post (and tell me you've done so), or post a new oath complete post.

I am sorry it's my first time and I hadn't seen that rule. I won't do additions in the future.

Imazul posted:

:siren:Oath Complete:siren:

Well this was an exercise in frustration but I learned a lot. Next month it's going to be better.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Imazul posted:

I am sorry it's my first time and I hadn't seen that rule. I won't do additions in the future.

No man, it's OK! It's explicitly written into the rules that it's OK to add more models. I just want a single comprehensive oath complete post for each goon per month. You're all set now, thanks!

Also I assume the crosses on that dude's tabard in the front and cape in the back are for the monthly theme?

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar

Leperflesh posted:

gently caress that. If you glued them all to a display base it'd count, I say it counts for having ten dudes mounted on a transport too. Does anyone disagree?

He finished painting a Ghost Ark, he should get a medal just for doing that alone, never mind the good paint job or oath points.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

OATH COMPLETE

No Jurnal.

Fix fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Sep 30, 2013

Matgash
Apr 25, 2008

Know no fear!

No Jurnal this month for me.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Fix posted:

OATH COMPLETE

No Jurnal.

I hope this doesn't make me seem like an rear end in a top hat, but: you oathed 11 genestealers and a broodlord. I count 10 and a broodlord, although some are kind of obscured. Do you have the ability to take another photo?

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

Leperflesh posted:

Edit your username into your photos and I can give you another point! Let me know if you do that before the deadline.

Should be done! Let me know if it's appropriately done or not, and I'll try to fix it in time. Thanks!

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Leperflesh posted:

I hope this doesn't make me seem like an rear end in a top hat, but: you oathed 11 genestealers and a broodlord. I count 10 and a broodlord, although some are kind of obscured. Do you have the ability to take another photo?

Sure. Give me a bit. It should be in there somewhere. It's either behind the broodlord or got set aside.

Yup, he was parked behind the broodlord.

e:vvvvvv Yup.

Fix fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Sep 30, 2013

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Korwen posted:

Should be done! Let me know if it's appropriately done or not, and I'll try to fix it in time. Thanks!

Alright, you're set!

Fix posted:

Sure. Give me a bit. It should be in there somewhere. It's either behind the broodlord or got set aside.

Yup, he was parked behind the broodlord.

Great, edit that into your oath complete post and you're all set.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I think I may have gotten cut off by a new page. How a bout it Leperflesh, am I good?

counterspin posted:

OATH COMPLETE !
Claiming Detectuv's Journal for the freehanded white fringe on Sylys' cape.
Also Themed Group.

Sylys Wyshnalyr
I tried to make it look like a circle of grass is growing beneath him, breaking through the harsh Khadoran winter. Also my first gems.

More kayazy. Some turned out great, some not so much. Individual outfits are hard.

Mr.Booger
Nov 13, 2004
bah! I was doing so well this year, but I am sick as a dog and not going to paint the whole oath in a few hours tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mmtheblue
Jul 25, 2007

...Out of this period a particularly cunning and strong Ork will emerge as the leader and the other Orks will gather round him...
:siren: Oath Complete! :siren:

Jurnal:

Banner:

Back Thingie:

Barely Legible Scrawlings:

I honestly think this is my best painted miniature yet. Thank you for motivating me to paint and try new techniques, Oath Thread!

Mmtheblue fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Oct 1, 2013

• Locked thread