Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhitemageofDOOM
Sep 13, 2010

... It's magic. I ain't gotta explain shit.

NOTinuyasha posted:

What are the achievements with the question mark icon? I'm like 74/88 with nothing left but The Digital and the 100 Time Machine/Antimatter Condensor. If 100% on achievements is impossible, I'll have nothing left to live for.

To obtain true cookie enlightenment you must give up the cookie.

Reset with one quadrillion cookies baked, you also probably don't have the 100 everything, the 10/20/30/40etc. achievement, or the 1/2/4/8/16/32/etc. achievement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
http://cookieclicker.wikia.com/wiki/Achievements

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat
Do your achievements and golden cookie tally drop back to zero when you reset?

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I've been clicking a bit lately, and I find that this song is the most helpful to my clicking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Vuzo25ZLsk

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Manos del Sino posted:

Do your achievements and golden cookie tally drop back to zero when you reset?

Only if you Wipe your Save. Resetting will retain both those tallies.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Xelkelvos posted:

If the autopilot was relatively intelligent, then it'd work a lot better. As it stands now, there seems to be no rhyme or reason for the scout's movements.

The autopilot makes a beeline for the dungeon boss.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I'm making about 40m CpS right now and it takes loving forever to buy anything now. Is everything from now on a bunch of waiting?

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

I'm making about 40m CpS right now and it takes loving forever to buy anything now. Is everything from now on a bunch of waiting?

Exactly the opposite actually, from here on your CPs is largely worthless so you have to start clicking golden cookies.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

LAY-ZX posted:

Exactly the opposite actually, from here on your CPs is largely worthless so you have to start clicking golden cookies.

How/when do those show up?

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

They just show up on the screen every once in a while, click it and you get a bonus. After clicking 7, 27, and 77 you unlock upgrades that make them more common and then more powerful.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

SynthOrange posted:

The autopilot makes a beeline for the dungeon boss.

Even so, it's pathing is awful. I've seen it run around in circles before I fought with it to bust open a door.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

LAY-ZX posted:

They just show up on the screen every once in a while, click it and you get a bonus. After clicking 7, 27, and 77 you unlock upgrades that make them more common and then more powerful.

:( I have to pay attention to the page? That's kind of annoying...

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Pollyanna posted:

Kraps posted:

Get this script which will add a timer to the next cookie, among some other cool features.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Pollyanna posted:

:( I have to pay attention to the page? That's kind of annoying...

Put it in a separate window and shrink it to a tiny box in the corner of your screen. The golden cookies will only appear in the active screen area, so they'll only appear in that tiny box. Now do whatever computer stuff you want and click the cookies when you see them appear.

Harms
Dec 4, 2006
from outerspace

StealthArcher posted:

Laziness. One of them is 5 pledges, which I never bothered with. I somehow missed selling a grandma despite clearly remembering doing so. I never used covenant outside of it's achievement, and I didn't get the clicker script till later, so I missed two golden cookie achievements. And as I slapped myself over missed centennial because I never went over 45 farms.

Actually, you only have 3 golden cookie clicks, so you'd be missing 3 golden cookie achievements. You should be missing 6 then. Just the fact that you have that many heavenly chips and only 3 golden cookie clicks makes it pretty obvious you cheated in a ridiculous way, though. Of all the games to lie about your stats - why Cookie Clicker?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Does anyone even care if you lie about your Cookie Clicker stats?

Harms
Dec 4, 2006
from outerspace

Pollyanna posted:

Does anyone even care if you lie about your Cookie Clicker stats?

I don't care on a deep and meaningful level, I'm just wondering why someone would even go through the trouble to fake something (they took the time to post a screenshot, with like 56000 golden chips) so trivial and ridiculous. I could understand faking stats in a competitive, skill based game like Call of Duty (though I'd still think it was dumb), just not cookie clicker.

Harms fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Sep 30, 2013

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Discovery: this game is wickedly awesome if you play the Hotline Miami soundtrack during it.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Speedball posted:

Discovery: this game is wickedly awesome if you play the Hotline Miami soundtrack during it.

This post could have been in literally any thread on the Games forum and still would have been accurate.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
I'm at 2000 chips soon, maybe next reset I'll be able to hit 2Tcps frenzied...

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Well, bought a condenser this morning (96~!) and when I get home I'll be back over the frenzy lucky amount. These last few are pretty goddamn awful, but at least I'm making hella HC doing this. It'd be nice to get another frenzied click frenzy so I can close this one out. I think I'll probably just do 99 and 100 at once and immediately reset so I don't have to worry about my bank, and then coast on the next save until dungeons.

I have faith that they'll be cool eventually and in the meantime it's not like it hurts me to leave cookies clicking themselves.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I'm sorry, but if you use any outside assistance, including but not limited to scripts of any kind, reference sites, timers, etc. then you are actually subhuman.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Emron posted:

I'm sorry, but if you use any outside assistance, including but not limited to scripts of any kind, reference sites, timers, etc. then you are actually subhuman.

I grew my own internet wheat and internet cows, harvested my own internet sugar cane and painstakingly gathered enough internet cocoa to make chips, and chased a few internet birds from their nests to rob them of their eggs. I refined them with internet rocks that I found nearby, bloodying my hands and losing hours of sleep. I carefully mixed them in a shallow internet basin that I found in an outcropping, and once I had managed to get the consistency right I added small patches of the cocoa around it. I created an internet fire with friction and used it to heat a relatively flat surface and baked the cookies upon it.

I spit on you scabs with your "clicking" and your disgusting "buildings".

"crazed hobo says cookies from factories cause aspergers in newts!"

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

TBH I cheated the poo poo out of the game towards the end (after I had a few anti-matter machines) and I don't even want to imagine how long that would've taken without the cheats.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
To date I have only cheated in the cheating achievement, but outside reading is a necessity for any game without a story :colbert:

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

By the end of the day I will be at one quintillion life time cookies, at which point I just need one quintillion more and I'll finally have 2,000 heavenly chips.

Then I'll be back where I started with the dungeon update. :shepface:

Ramengank
Jun 11, 2010

Emron posted:

With all the information and tips being traded in this thread, does it not also count as a "reference site"? What I'm trying to say is we're all horrible cookie-clicking scum.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Ramengank posted:

With all the information and tips being traded in this thread, does it not also count as a "reference site"? What I'm trying to say is we're all horrible cookie-clicking scum.

In short: yes.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

DirtRoadJunglist posted:

This is how the world ends. Not with a bang, nor a whimper, but a click.

When I saw this picture I thought the little stick tent the kids had made was just cracks in the sky. Like the cookie is something from beyond weakening the veil of our reality so it could break in. :tinfoil:

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

http://youtu.be/QE_nmMK3QbQ

Yeah that seems about right.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

All Cookie Monster does is a little math and a ding when a golden cookie pops up. It doesn't change the game in any significant way. I don't see why it's so wrong (prolly cause no one really cares).

Mrs. Wynand
Nov 23, 2002

DLT 4EVA
All yer fancy math and achievements and poo poo are forgetting what it's all about

Ramengank
Jun 11, 2010
The bottom left of that says Achievements are coming soon. Glorious.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Ack, my number keeps going down, I am really bad at this game. :ohdear:

Greybone
May 25, 2003

Not the red cross.

I think this was pretty good, but there's no way to get the numbers to go up really significantly in one purchase like you can in cookie clicker.
Is there an achievement for winning?

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

"Number" is definitely one of those words that get really weird if you look at it a lot and think about it too hard.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

So am I just supposed to grind golden cookies till the last antimatter upgrade now, or is there something else I need to do? Do you get anything for maxing out how many you have of a certain building?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Pollyanna posted:

So am I just supposed to grind golden cookies till the last antimatter upgrade now, or is there something else I need to do? Do you get anything for maxing out how many you have of a certain building?

Basically, although if you haven't reset and you have a hundred+ heavenly chips waiting you should do that as soon as you reach 77 golden cookies. You'll get back to where you were fast and makes the last grind much more bearable. I reset and got 157, and I'm almost done with 100 of everything 3 days later and will have 300+ when I reset next.

Greybone
May 25, 2003

Not the red cross.

Pollyanna posted:

or is there something else I need to do?

CLICK THE loving COOKIE

But apart from that, not really - no achievements apart from 100x each building / 200 clickers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Eldercain posted:

Basically, although if you haven't reset and you have a hundred+ heavenly chips waiting you should do that as soon as you reach 77 golden cookies. You'll get back to where you were fast and makes the last grind much more bearable. I reset and got 157, and I'm almost done with 100 of everything 3 days later and will have 300+ when I reset next.

Huh, okay...I only have two of those chip things. Do I just wait for a long time to get them or something?

• Locked thread