Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Also, what the hell is that country song with the bears called? Googling "GTA V Country Song Bears" gave me jack and poo poo.

Convoy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Change all your money into Ammunation stocks. I swear that thing never goes down, even if it never really goes up either. Die as many times as you want.

Also, what the hell is that country song with the bears called? Googling "GTA V Country Song Bears" gave me jack and poo poo.

:confused: Except Ammu-Nation has lost about two thirds of its value in the last few days.

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

Change all your money into Ammunation stocks. I swear that thing never goes down, even if it never really goes up either. Die as many times as you want.

I assume you are on PS3 since Ammu-Nation on Xbox actually crashed to around 500 during the last couple of days. It's not a safe investment at all.

Hell investing in anything that's near it's maximum value is completely idiotic.

Baron FU fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Sep 30, 2013

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

If you pull up the radio selection wheel, it tells you the name of the artist and song in the center.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

pogothemonkey0 posted:

I guess there is still no announced release time for GTA Online, right? I suppose it's too much to hope that it will be released tonight at midnight but I hope it releases early enough tomorrow that I can play all day.

Don't worry, you probably won't be able to play for a few days anyway!

pisshead
Oct 24, 2007

-Dethstryk- posted:

Are you aiming? The auto-target should be taking care of most of these complaints.

I don't know how to use auto-target, I hold l2 to aim and shoot with r2, didn't know I was supposed to be doing it differently.

Also does anyone know where to find a good car for the road race? The ones near the mission start all oversteer to gently caress so I can't get past a corner.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

pisshead posted:

Does anyone know how to get past the alien bit? I've no idea how to aim with a controller and I just get attacked from all angles so I can't shoot them all before they kill me. Is there an easy mode in this game?

VVV I have traditional aiming on, it's not much help. The difficulty isn't in aiming when I'm pointing near someone, it's when I'm surrounded by enemies and have to rotate the aim. By the time I've moved round I've lost a load of health, then the enemies behind me start shooting me so I'm just being shot all the time.

Also is there a way to go into a bar without being attacked by everyone, having to beat up everyone then being killed by the police?

To try and offer some non-"get good, scrub :smug:" advice, I think you turn more quickly with your weapon lowered so stop aiming and pull back on the stick if you need to do a 180 and get somebody behind you (if you can even survive that long, if somebody with a shotgun flanks you you're probably dead). Ideally you will try and keep all of your enemies in front of you and try to stick near cover. Being out in the open is generally bad news given how squishy you are and how accurate your enemies are, although Michael and Trevor's special abilities can help. One of my complaints is that your squishiness doesn't go away when you're driving a car and there's no cover or bullet time for you to use so you can get mowed down very quickly by somebody shooting at you during a car chase or if the cops manage to stop your car. You can armor your car but most of the time the enemies just snipe you through the window anyway.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

pisshead posted:

I don't know how to use auto-target, I hold l2 to aim and shoot with r2, didn't know I was supposed to be doing it differently.

Also does anyone know where to find a good car for the road race? The ones near the mission start all oversteer to gently caress so I can't get past a corner.

Use Franklin and it won't matter what type of car you're using at all.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

You can see what track is playing by holding left on the d-pad. This also opens up your radio radial (:haw:) and slows down time. This was a huge discovery for me, it's a great feature.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

whoknew posted:

Doubt there will be any actual download or patch, most likely the game is set up to cache and load info just-in-time from R* servers so they can update it as soon and as often as they need.

Rockstar's servers tomorrow:

(spoiled for the children, no game spoilers)

Chard posted:

You can see what track is playing by holding left on the d-pad. This also opens up your radio radial (:haw:) and slows down time. This was a huge discovery for me, it's a great feature.

You can still control your vehicle too! I kind of want to drive around with it always up but it's tough to hold that d-pad and use the sticks on the 360.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

KILLALLNERDS.EXE posted:

Kifflom! Kifflom! Kidlom!

Why the gently caress would Rockstar do this?

This is totally unnecessary. It wasn't that bad at all. I just made it an adventure!

Chased down some coyotes, followed the train tracks, hung out with Ron, got a UFO part.

I sprinted the whole way and at no point did I consider pulling out the masking tape.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
Anyone?

I'm about to do the last mission. Is there anything that I need to trigger or start that I won't get access to post-story?

Aside from choosing option c should I do anything else?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Hamburlgar posted:

Quoting myself as I'm just about to finish up the story. Anything I'm going to miss out by choosing option c?

Not really. There are some super-tiny minor things that you can potentially miss out on elsewhere in the game but nothing worth losing sleep over:

Major losses

For the last mission, picking option A or B will result in the character you chose dying. This will permanently remove them from the post-game and likely prevent you from getting 100% completion.

Minor losses

Failure to bring at least 4 hitchhikers up to the Altruists as Trevor will prevent the shootout and its rewards from happening, might be required for 100% completion. Note that the horny drunk couple counts as two. Ideally, bring those two, the runaway bride and the drunk guy whose friend talks him out of driving drunk; they all give you like $80 as a reward if you drop them off normally so it's no real loss. The crazy hitchhiker who isn't Ursula would probably be an acceptable substitute. Ursula has a red backpack, the other talks about partying and has a jealous boyfriend and gives you no reward.

Bringing the wrong people to the Altruists
- Castro (the guy who has a fight with his wife about golf outside their house): bringing him to the golf course will unlock him as a friend for whoever drops him off, and he becomes a golf opponent you can play against.
- Ursula (the crazy-in-the head hitchhiker with a red backpack) can become a booty call for Trevor or Franklin if dropped off at her place.
- Unconfirmed: It may be possible to deliver Packie to the Altruists. I'm pretty sure the wounded driver doesn't show up as Trevor.
- Some characters have sizeable payouts (e.g. the mob boss' daughter gives you like $60000 when all is said and done).

Other random events
The guy getting married who's tied up outside due to a botched bachelor party gives you a white Rolls Royce clone, not sure if it's obtainable some other way. I'm pretty sure the time limit on this mission prevents the Altruists from being an option.

univbee fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Sep 30, 2013

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I was up to like 3 miles walked when I wandered into the parking lot of the abandoned Home Depot-esque hardware store and INSTANTLY got counted as out of boundary. The warning came up and the reset to 0 came up at the same drat time. Stay away from that store.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

univbee posted:

Altruist stuff

- Unconfirmed: It may be possible to deliver Packie to the Altruists. I'm pretty sure the wounded driver doesn't show up as Trevor.

She does show up as Trever, but he automatically dismisses the option of bringing her to the cult in her condition so you can't.

a47danger
Oct 16, 2006

Biker Fox Smoothie
Online heists are going to be difficult with everyone taking selfies the whole time.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Hahaha I can see it now.

Yo man hold up I need to take a pic of us with our money ba-*sniped*

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I'm sad I'm too busy to play online until Thursday but it probably won't work properly until then anyway.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

What happens in 3rd Street stays in 3rd Street.

Do skills actually degrade in this game? My special stat on Franklin is around 70% but I swear I maxed it out. I haven't seen it happen with any other skills though.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Baron FU posted:

I assume you are on PS3 since Ammu-Nation on Xbox actually crashed to around 500 during the last couple of days. It's not a safe investment at all.

Hell investing in anything that's near it's maximum value is completely idiotic.
Fuuuuccckkk. Yea, PS3, but for the last few days the drat thing had been hanging around 700 mostly. I mostly just hang onto the stock for a few hours at most anyway before cashing out.

And eh, It's better than losing 5K constantly when I inevitably die in 3 shots/an exploding car/crashing out the windshield/being ragdolled do death by scenery or put down by the cops. Or those loving lions.

Chard posted:

Wow, I never knew that. I'd just tried switching through the stations to get back but by then it had changed.
Hahaha, holy poo poo, they based a movie on that song? Jesus.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I went with Option B for the final heist. Such a fantastically fun mission, even though it involved helicopter nonsense (which I hate).

I had used Taliana in the Bureau heist so her stats were near max, but the first time I was doing the chopper section, I took too long to kill the Merryweather goons so she still died (but I failed almost immediately afterwards so I got to retry, and then I killed them in time and she was fine.

Netted a cool $41m per person. :cool: The last mission was still fun but a bit of a letdown after the heist.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

I just did the Ballas rampage and jesus, Trevor is a hosed up character.

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009

Hahaha, holy poo poo, they based a movie on that song? Jesus.

Convoy?
I always assumed that it was the theme music to the film

Vincent posted:

I just did the Ballas rampage and jesus, Trevor is a hosed up character.

All of the rampages are pretty rad tbh.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Shindragon posted:

Hahaha I can see it now.

Yo man hold up I need to take a pic of us with our money ba-*sniped*

I'm just picturing every heist escape attempt being met with 10+ classy gentlemen with RPG's.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Yermaw Zahoor posted:

Convoy?
I always assumed that it was the theme music to the film

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077369/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

quote:

Truckers form a mile long "convoy" in support of a trucker's vendetta with an abusive sheriff...Based on the country song of same title by C.W. McCall.

Oxxidation posted:

I'm just picturing every heist escape attempt being met with 10+ classy gentlemen with RPG's.

You saying classy gentlemen makes me think of a bunch of people from 4chan dressed up in tuxedos and masks because they think that's cool.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Cojawfee posted:

You saying classy gentlemen makes me think of a bunch of people from 4chan dressed up in tuxedos and masks because they think that's cool.

Hey. Hey. Tuxedos and masks looks boss, those Carnival masks especially.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Yermaw Zahoor posted:

I meant more in the way of what you learn about him on that specific rampage.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

How late in the game is taliana still available? I'm right at the union depository heist but haven't started it yet because i want her as my driver. I've driven up and down the pch as both Michael and Franklin but she still hasn't shown up. I will say though that the armored car pickup in Paleto Bay has become a death sentence for the two guys assigned to that truck. Every time I drive past it they get robbed in the worst way. The woods nearby offer such an easy getaway too.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!
I'm of the mind that the rampages are all in his head. It makes more sense to me, since no cops ever show up and he loses the weapon after.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

Dragonatrix posted:

Holy hell, this "parachute onto a moving truck" mission is such loving bullshit. The others at least had the decency to have some margin for error but not this one. Immediate mission failed for not landing perfectly on it is dumb as hell. How are you even meant to do this? It seems like either you fall too fast to land on it or you fall to slow to keep up with it. Am I missing something here?

This mission is designed to train you on the precision landing functionality of parachutes. When holding L1+R1, you'll stop into a mode that controls differently. In this mode, while holding down you'll move slowly but almost entirely horizontally. Moving the stick up will slow your horizontal speed and increase your descent.

So: line up your approach on the truck in normal mode, try to be about thirty feet off the ground. When you're within spitting distance of the truck and not moving your left stick, step into precision landing mode, jam the stick way back (down), and slowly start moving it up to gracefully descend onto the bed.

Yeah, precision mode took me a bit to get used to but it's really helpful. You can also just divebomb the truck if you're good.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Once you get used to precision mode, you should be fine. I got max points on nearly ever jump location first try.

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby

dvorak posted:

I'm of the mind that the rampages are all in his head. It makes more sense to me, since no cops ever show up and he loses the weapon after.

The problem is that if you die, you go to the hospital. I actually managed to get killed during the final rampage because a hipster crashed into me with a Faggio, causing me to get stuck under it while a girl in wayfarers blew me away with a sawed-off shotgun. How embarrassing!

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

The Casualty posted:

The problem is that if you die, you go to the hospital. I actually managed to get killed during the final rampage because a hipster crashed into me with a Faggio, causing me to get stuck under it while a girl in wayfarers blew me away with a sawed-off shotgun. How embarrassing!

Weird, everytime I die on a rampage, I just get the "mission failed" screen.

edit: I just found my scooter brother!!

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

The Casualty posted:

Yeah, just hit A to restart the rampage

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

This game is so much fun. Driving stupid cars on big hills, scaring hitchhikers.

Anyway, which is the next stock I should invest in? I got almost 500k wit Michael, looking to double that money asap.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

dvorak posted:

Michael still gets the scrapyard dollars for any cars destroyed, though.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

dvorak posted:

I like to read the game as most of it just being exaggerated fantasies and delusions of terrible people.

All those awful things that Michael's family does? Mostly in his head. His wife cheating on him with seemingly everyone? All his paranoid delusions. His daughter hanging out on a big yacht with gangsters or whatever it was? Probably just a small boat in real life with a bunch of her friends on it who he bosses around. All those rampages Trevor goes on? He's a crazy person, it's probably just like one dude he keeps hitting over and over again but imagines it as being waves of dudes coming after him. All those missions that Franklin goes on that ends up with like 50 Ballas shooting at him? It's probably just like 5 guys that are coming after him but he exaggerates it in his head to be an entire city from his desire to be a hot shot.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

dvorak posted:

Whenever you come come out of it the wrecked vehicles are smoldering all around you (even your own) while the remaining members of whatever group run screaming for their lives.

The rampages are real. Trevor is just that hardcore.

Bonto
Aug 8, 2007

Honey!?
NIGGA I'M A REAL ONE

...now enjoy as that song is stuck in your head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
Well. That was an underwhelming ending. The game just kinda..ended. No real climax or big character moments. What was the point of all this?

If you say so Rockstar.

• Locked thread