Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

KozmoNaut posted:

/DRIVE did a fantastic feature on Morgan a little while back:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJLcoGMPQ94

I've always admired Morgan for sticking to their principles, modernizing their cars without losing sight of traditional craftsmanship and the entire experience of driving. I've always liked them for being so wonderfully out of place in the world of modern car design, but after watching that video, I want one even more.

This is where the much-vaunted "soul and passion" lives on. Not in Italy, but in Worcestershire.

Drive also did a whole series on Koenigsegg and their production line for the Agera, and watching this it seems like they're two sides of the same coin. Morgan making modern cars with modern capabilities using traditional techniques and aesthetics, Koenigsegg making cutting-edge supercars with old-school craftmanship and customer-tailored design.

What I'm saying is they're both cool as gently caress and I'd buy either given the opportunity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

11BulletCatcher
Feb 27, 2010

This Cold Ass Honkey Ain't No Jive Turkey, Ya Dig?
I time traveled today.

otaku69
May 18, 2003

jamal posted:

I have a friend who swears up and down the only reason he's still alive after crashing his car in high school is because it was an old volvo. And then he had another volvo (~93ish 850) for a long time after that. I don't have the heart to tell him his new ford focus is the safest car he's ever owned.

when compared to other vehicles of it age it probably would have been considered to be a safer car.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Chinatown posted:

I'm sure its fast and all, but god, what a mess.

Cut the chrome down to the wheels and swingarm and I think you could save it. Stretched sport bikes with fat rear tires and a drop kit are one of my guilty pleasures.

Blood Magnet
Nov 25, 2010
Spotted next to a park near my house.

:siren:I SHOULD LEARN TIMG TAGS:siren:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
Just two old cars, one yellow, one red.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

otaku69 posted:

when compared to other vehicles of it age it probably would have been considered to be a safer car.

Of its age yes, compared to almost anything you can buy in the last 5 years? Death trap. I say this as the owner of a 98 v70. If I had a head on with a new micra I'm confident both cats would be written off but I wouldn't be walking away. Micra driver would.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Not sure if this is real or a render.

What's with the disc on the front wheel of this Delta?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

angryhampster posted:

What's with the disc on the front wheel of this Delta?

Brake cooling. I think it did actually work, but was ditched due to it not making that much difference, and being inconvenient in other ways. Someone posted some good info on the setup a while back, but damned if I can remember the details.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Here's some photos from a car show I went to Friday night. It was mostly custom classics.

Old panel wagon with a buick turbo motor:

..which featured the world's dirtiest air cleaner:

5.7 in a Plymouth coupe:

Trans Am from a local hot rod shop. It had an LS motor of some sort with a roots supercharger on it. It sounded incredible.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I've never seen one of these out in the wild before. Isn't it cute?

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Detroit Q. Spider posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbImDmJdRcs

This whole video rules but skip to 4:30 for the crash test if you're impatient. Watch the seats in the car fly around in the crash test as the announcer touts the solidity and safety of the car. :v:

I think my favorite part is the test driver wearing laceup wingtips. :allears:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I want this.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

I have a serious case of the dumb. I assume this is some flavor of Ferrari, but which one?

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

I have a serious case of the dumb. I assume this is some flavor of Ferrari, but which one?

I believe it's an Alpine Renault a610.
Edit: that's what it looked like on my phone, but the headlights tell me it's more likely a Ferrari Daytona.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I thought it might be a Daytona, too. (After I thought it was one of the weirdo Lamborghinis from the 70s). The headlights and side markers are throwing me.

Battlegoat
Jul 24, 2003

Nap Ghost
It's a Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona Competizione. Here's another one in red.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Crossposting this from the Misc. Auto Racing thread. Went to the Simeone Automotive Museum today. Tons of old race cars. They also had a special exhibit for the 50th anniversary of the 911. If you're in the Philly area, it's a must see. These were my favorites, bunch more pictures in this album

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

angryhampster posted:

Here's some photos from a car show I went to Friday night. It was mostly custom classics.

Old panel wagon with a buick turbo motor:

..which featured the world's dirtiest air cleaner:

That just means they actually drive it on a regular basis. :getin:

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

I just got back from a car show that shut down something like 10 blocks of downtown all day. Lots of pics, my god I never thought I'd see so many Mustangs and Bel Airs in one place. Seriously those must be the official cars of the bay area.

I'll post pics later, for now, have something else awesome:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Pham Nuwen posted:

I just got back from a car show that shut down something like 10 blocks of downtown all day. Lots of pics, my god I never thought I'd see so many Mustangs and Bel Airs in one place. Seriously those must be the official cars of the bay area.

I'll post pics later, for now, have something else awesome:

What, no Camaros?

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Raluek posted:

What, no Camaros?

Not nearly as many Camaros as Mustangs and Bel Airs, although there were quite a few.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Wildwood Fall car show

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

These things are amazing and it blows my mind these were actual work-vehicles.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Chinatown posted:

These things are amazing and it blows my mind these were actual work-vehicles.

Hint: they were always covered in dents and grime and none of the panels fit properly when they were actually in use. It looks like a scaled up toy :3:

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010

MetaJew posted:

I believe it's an Alpine Renault a610.
Edit: that's what it looked like on my phone, but the headlights tell me it's more likely a Ferrari Daytona.

I thought it might be a Daytona, too. (After I thought it was one of the weirdo Lamborghinis from the 70s). The headlights and side markers are throwing me.

Battlegoat posted:

It's a Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona Competizione. Here's another one in red.

Yeah it's an in period Completion conversion by a Swedish mechanic, Ferrarichat has a thread with some info and lots of pictures on it http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/vintage-thru-365-gtc4-sponsored-redline-restorations/262176-competition-daytona-swedish-colours.html Right now it's painted in the Swedish Air Force colors and is used in vintage racing:

Aureus
Nov 20, 2006

Farmland Park posted:

Yeah it's an in period Completion conversion by a Swedish mechanic, Ferrarichat has a thread with some info and lots of pictures on it http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/vintage-thru-365-gtc4-sponsored-redline-restorations/262176-competition-daytona-swedish-colours.html Right now it's painted in the Swedish Air Force colors and is used in vintage racing:

Fchat can just be disgustingly and disturbingly informative when it comes to specific cars mentioned by simple brief descriptions. "Anyone know about... " - "Why yes, thats SN#8329084092342 first owned by Mr So and So, who sold it to Mr This and That who had it worked on by this mechanic before it was moved on to... " There's pictures of that car in there over the course of 20 years in Europe and the US.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Ok goddamn I took a shitload of pictures. Let's start off with the 62 Studebaker Lark convertible, basically my car but a convertible.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

This is pretty cool, kinda wondering where the radiator is though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZLnrOeu0KE

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D71iSwArWVI

This owns.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

CVT or BBC?

CVT.

WRONG

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

leica posted:

This is pretty cool, kinda wondering where the radiator is though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZLnrOeu0KE

That's why the hood is off, no additional cooling necessary!

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

That's a funny way of spelling "insufferable".

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

That's a funny way of spelling "insufferable".

Welcome to southeast Massachusetts :v: e: I didn't see you in there Octopus Magic???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au7F2ttEXWU

old but A.I.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

angryhampster posted:

Trans Am from a local hot rod shop. It had an LS motor of some sort with a roots supercharger on it. It sounded incredible.

I love this headlight conversion, the lights are from some 90's GM car, like a Corsica or Oldsmobile, and they're an almost direct fit for the dual square headlights of the 70's and 80's. Lots of the mid 80's Volvo guys are doing this conversion, it makes it look just slightly custom and more modern.

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008

Hey, that's my hometown!

What a shithole.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Thats Jean Alesi isnt it.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

LloydDobler posted:

I love this headlight conversion, the lights are from some 90's GM car, like a Corsica or Oldsmobile, and they're an almost direct fit for the dual square headlights of the 70's and 80's. Lots of the mid 80's Volvo guys are doing this conversion, it makes it look just slightly custom and more modern.

last year or two of the "square" Caprice had those, and the '87 Cutlass. and they're actually *glass*, too. Not usre why none of the other G-bodies seemed to use them.

Fake edit: GIS shows 87-90 Caprice.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

BoyBlunder posted:

Hey, that's my hometown!

What a shithole.

It makes me feel so much better about the car scene in Detroit/Metro Detroit :stonk:. Jesus Christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Analogue Kid
Jan 4, 2013

Spotted during lunch. An Audi R8 also parks here occasionally, along with a nice-condition old MR2.