Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Here's some rides of mine

Juiced to the gills for the races

My baby, my Karin Futo dooooriftu car

This is how you take pictures of cars

This is not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
You plebians and your cars.

:smug:

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

A c E posted:

They only found me when they heard me take the picture :(

:allears: Amazing

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!

RatHat posted:

Speaking of that, is there any point to returning the purse in those events? Seems like the only point is if you want to RP a good guy.

It fully fills your special gauge, which is great for filling up on Franklin mode when you are going for stunt jumps.

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003
This is how I've been passing the time until launch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySD4Q-ci8TI&feature=youtu.be

Nerolus
Mar 12, 2010

"He smells like roast chicken, looks like burnt meatloaf."
Man, I thought I was late to the game buying Piswasser stock last thrusday and then I went on vacation. Figured it probably would've dropped by now but that poo poo has gone UP UP UP. Still climbing and I'm 28.66% up on 10838 shares. :homebrew:

Sartana
Jun 8, 2013

James Woods posted:

Oh man, my absolute favorite thing in GTA3 era games was to hitch rides on the top of cars and shoot pedestrians on the way. I thought that this was gone forever after GTA4 made you lose your balance and fall off if you were on top of a moving car. Does this only work on trucks?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Nerolus posted:

Man, I thought I was late to the game buying Piswasser stock last thrusday and then I went on vacation. Figured it probably would've dropped by now but that poo poo has gone UP UP UP. Still climbing and I'm 28.66% up on 10838 shares. :homebrew:
PIScoins.
More valuable than bitcoin.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
What's the point of all these trailers at the airport if I can't hook them up to anything? Unless i'm missing something, most of the trailers in this game can't be hitched to anything. I want to drag things around. What's the point of hitching things to trucks if all I can do is drag around a boat trailer? The airport is literally filled with things that look like they hook up to the Ripley and the air tug, but they don't. I haven't been this disappointed since I tried to hook up the trailers in GTA3 to the linerunner.

And where are the forklifts?

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Oct 1, 2013

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

I bought the hangar at the airport and the game gave me it for free for some reason. Is this some glitch specific to the hangar or has anyone seen it work with other property, because it would be way convenient to get all the other stuff I can afford for free if I knew what happened.

e: And I just bought the yacht port for free as well. Is this supposed to happen or did I break the game somehow?

Fortuitous Bumble fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Oct 1, 2013

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
Okay so my game only crashes half way through the last mission. This is getting really tiring. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I tried installing the play disc and get disc read error, sigh. The entire rest of the game plays fine.

Apathetic Artist
Dec 23, 2010
I just remember that during my final heist, while engaged in the final shoot out of the final heist in the parking garage, I blew up the car I was meant to use as my getaway. I'd spent the money on every conceivable upgrade for it. Thankfully I was able to grab another stock vehicle in the parking lot and get away. It was certainly harder, but drat was I pissed at myself for throwing around grenades like they were nothing..

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
I can't decide if I should dump my money into ammu-nation before bed tonight in the hopes that in-game purchases actually do affect the BAWSAQ once GTAO launches and it skyrocketing tomorrow. Help. :(

Lucid Delusion
Dec 23, 2009

You're merely postponing the inevitable.

KicksYouInHalf posted:

I can't decide if I should dump my money into ammu-nation before bed tonight in the hopes that in-game purchases actually do affect the BAWSAQ once GTAO launches and it skyrocketing tomorrow. Help. :(

If you have extra money to kick around it couldn't hurt to toss some at Ammu-Nation and see what happens come tomorrow. Especially since the stock was on the decline last time I checked.

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

Is there a point to dropping people off at the Altruists after you get the achievement? I just want a yes/no, since I'd rather not keep wasting hitch hikers up there

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
I think I read earlier in this topic that I shouldn't do Franklin's assassination missions until after I beat the main story. Is there any truth to this?

Sartana
Jun 8, 2013

I just spent 9.95!! posted:

Is there a point to dropping people off at the Altruists after you get the achievement? I just want a yes/no, since I'd rather not keep wasting hitch hikers up there

You'll get a special event where they try to take you and you have to slaughter the camp after a couple more but no, it's not required and I don't recall you getting anything especially nice.

quote:

I think I read earlier in this topic that I shouldn't do Franklin's assassination missions until after I beat the main story. Is there any truth to this?
You can pose to make a lot of money if you save them until the end, the first one is needed to progress the story though. Check the OP.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Behonkiss posted:

Yep, I missed out on this. You can invest your final score money into stocks that fluctuate based on actions in the assassination missions :mad:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Trevor's baby:

Vanity shot:

Carbon Black metallic with silver pearl and matte dark red stripe. :rock:

By the way... do any cars have a visible gas port?

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

KicksYouInHalf posted:

Do a quick save from your phone, dump all your cash into Ammu-nation and then do a second quick-save (don't overwrite the first one). Come back tomorrow, if it's gone up then use the second save; if it's gone down then just use the first save.

Behonkiss posted:

Correct, save them. You need to do the first one (Hotel Assassination) to advance the plot though.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Mister Macys posted:

One of the muscle cars has one on the hood, in front of the driver.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I thought somebody had said that using your car's backfire to set up a jerry can trail wouldn't lead to a wanted level, but sure enough it did for me. Still funny as hell and I'm going to keep doing it.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
Why is it I can only enter the Vanilla Unicorn when switching to Trevor and the transition showing him there? The doors are not open any time I go round there. It isn't even 100% of the switches then even, because sometimes I will switch to him and he will be miles away. I wouldn't mind, but I have a game to finish here.

Is there a special condition?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Mister Macys posted:

Trevor's baby:

Vanity shot:

Carbon Black metallic with silver pearl and matte dark red stripe. :rock:

This was such a weird thing for Rockstar to change. We'll take away modeled gas ports (present in GTA since at least San Andreas) but introduce the ability to shoot the gas tanks! Wait, what?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Outside of the one repossession mission, I've never seen a car leave a trail of gas for me to shoot. I still instinctively aim for the rear end end of cars where the gas cap should be, but only maybe one in twenty cars catch fire and blow quickly, all the others just soak a mag or two and then I give up trying to blow them.

I don't get why they would make that change.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I wandered onto facebook today to find two guys I sort of know that I thought were kind of normal college kids had posted GTAV selfies of their characters with dead hookers in the background. :cripes:

The things this game does to formerly normal people.

Sondlar
Sep 9, 2004

Another Person posted:

Why is it I can only enter the Vanilla Unicorn when switching to Trevor and the transition showing him there? The doors are not open any time I go round there. It isn't even 100% of the switches then even, because sometimes I will switch to him and he will be miles away. I wouldn't mind, but I have a game to finish here.

Is there a special condition?

It's a bug, I have the same thing going on which is really, really goddamn annoying when I switch to him only to find I'm trapped in a strip club with no one in it. I have to drop a grenade and blow myself up to get out.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Ice Fist posted:

I wandered onto facebook today to find two guys I sort of know that I thought were kind of normal college kids had posted GTAV selfies of their characters with dead hookers in the background. :cripes:

The things this game does to formerly normal people.

My extremely feminist girlfriend did this multiple times, get off that horse and have some fun.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Kilometers Davis posted:

My extremely feminist girlfriend did this multiple times, get off that horse and have some fun.

It's only good when you wait around for a minute or so for whoever you are to start making goofy faces.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Kilometers Davis posted:

I'm really not trying to be on a horse at all I swear, it was just, idk, not what I expected to see on facebook where the whole world can see you killing virtual hookers?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Cojawfee posted:

And where are the forklifts?

I found a forklift out in the desert as Trevor. Sadly it doesn't seem strong enough to lift cars.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

randombattle posted:

It's only good when you wait around for a minute or so for whoever you are to start making goofy faces.

I love that they did that. I didn't even notice it at first but you can wait for an expression to go with just about any situation. I still want to provoke someone and get a smug selfie right before they give me a punch to the back of the head.

Now if they ever let cameras stay active like guns while ragdolling... :D

Ice Fist posted:

I'm really not trying to be on a horse at all I swear, it was just, idk, not what I expected to see on facebook where the whole world can see you killing virtual hookers?

Just giving you poo poo man!

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Ice Fist posted:

Keyword: virtual.

It's a videogame dude, who cares, have fun. This goes for everyone whining about the torture sequence too.

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

Ice Fist posted:

You should take a look at the snapmatic stream on rockstar's website! http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/snapmatic

About half the shots are dead hookers, pixel booty, or dead animals

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

Sondlar posted:

It's a bug, I have the same thing going on which is really, really goddamn annoying when I switch to him only to find I'm trapped in a strip club with no one in it. I have to drop a grenade and blow myself up to get out.

Is there a known fix? I keep killing myself, then transitioning away to see if Trevor spawns in the right place, but eight tries in and no dice. Waste of $40,000.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Slim Killington posted:

Royale with cheese.

Nice.

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003

James Woods posted:

Sartana posted:

Oh man, my absolute favorite thing in GTA3 era games was to hitch rides on the top of cars and shoot pedestrians on the way. I thought that this was gone forever after GTA4 made you lose your balance and fall off if you were on top of a moving car. Does this only work on trucks?

The physics for this sort of thing are completely different in GTA V so you can once again keep your balance on just about any vehicle as long as they're not driving too erratically. The trick is picking something that is big enough that it can plow through hazards because if the vehicle comes to a stop the driver will get spooked and run on foot. Also beware of overpasses.

James Woods fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Oct 1, 2013

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug

Fortuitous Bumble posted:

You should take a look at the snapmatic stream on rockstar's website!http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/snapmatic

None of the images have loaded on social club for me today. Hopefully it's due to changes they're making for GTAO and not a coincidental socialclub pant poo poo on the eve on the launch.

This next five and a half hours is going to be a long stretch.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Cirofren posted:

This next five and a half hours is going to be a long stretch.

Yep. Gonna hopefully log on after I get the bambina on the bus, but then I've got to go out for a couple job interviews a couple hours later, then take care of a couple of family obligations right after that. Stupid real life getting in the way of video games!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Shima Honnou posted:

Outside of the one repossession mission, I've never seen a car leave a trail of gas for me to shoot. I still instinctively aim for the rear end end of cars where the gas cap should be, but only maybe one in twenty cars catch fire and blow quickly, all the others just soak a mag or two and then I give up trying to blow them.

I don't get why they would make that change.

I found a bunch of dead guys in the desert with a $25k cash drop. I took the money and killed the survivors, which prompted a gang to come and get me, who shot the tank of my car which created a gas leak that they then lit to try to kill me.

first and only time I has happened, but it does happen it seems.

• Locked thread