Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar

Namenlos posted:

:radcat: Oath Complete! :radcat:

Jurnal for freehand is the banner and the symbol on the shoulder-pad. - Disregard, I'll do Flag Flying another month.

For reference, the image of Horus is based on this painting by John Blanche;

p.s, was anyone at UK Games Day this Sunday gone? I had a lot of fun working customer service!

This made me gape for a solid minute. Incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Question: May I do a themed group of objective markers, get the accessories bonus point, and still qualify for the themed-group prize?

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
October, here I come! :dance:

I, Dr. Clockwork, do hereby oath to paint the following:

A Combined Army Malignos (right) and Charontid (left) for 28mm Infinity the Game by Corvus Belli

6 Cataphract Cetratii and Tyrant Vorkesh, a Themed Group of Skorne from Privateer Press' Hordes 28mm

And under the Amnesty of October, A Skorne Mammoth from Privateer Press' Hordes 28mm

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
:siren:For October I oath a Remorhaz, 5 Infernals, 10 Boomhowlers, and Sorscha:siren:
The Remorhaz is Reaper, everything else is Privateer Press.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Conan the Librarian posted:

Did my oath get skipped? I posted the requisite Oath Complete photo but didn't see my name mentioned. I guess that's why other people use the :siren:? Oh dear.

Nope, I got you. Please see the sheet!

I only comment on oath complete posts where I have a question or am rejecting something. Otherwise, everyone should :siren:Check the sheet:siren: to confirm you got all your points!

Oxford Comma posted:

Uggggh....after asking my kids and wife, my 5 year old confessed to taking one, breaking it, and then hiding it because he was afraid he'd be in trouble for breaking it. So I guess this oath is failed but I'm not mad at all because I learned a ton about mini painting.

Ohhh, man. That's both hilarious and sad. :(

So, was it painted already, and you just have 2 pieces of a broken painted dude, or did it get stolen and broken before painting?

Signal posted:

Question: May I do a themed group of objective markers, get the accessories bonus point, and still qualify for the themed-group prize?

I think it might be a hard sell to get themed group on a group of objective markers. The intent is a group of dudes? That question is up to [b]Ineptmule[/i] I guess.

That said, if a group of markers is OK as a themed group, then it's fine to overlap that with the I Rolled a Six... bonus.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

I think it might be a hard sell to get themed group on a group of objective markers. The intent is a group of dudes? That question is up to [b]Ineptmule[/i] I guess.

That said, if a group of markers is OK as a themed group, then it's fine to overlap that with the I Rolled a Six... bonus.

If it helps, this is what I'm thinking of doing:

Oxford Comma
Jun 26, 2011
Oxford Comma: Hey guys I want a cool big dog to show off! I want it to be ~special~ like Thor but more couch potato-like because I got babbies in the house!
Everybody: GET A LAB.
Oxford Comma: OK! (gets a a pit/catahoula mix)

Leperflesh posted:

Ohhh, man. That's both hilarious and sad. :(

So, was it painted already, and you just have 2 pieces of a broken painted dude, or did it get stolen and broken before painting?

I'm actually not sure. I don't know when it was lost so I can't really say. The pieces are gone, and he has no idea where. Since he can't even remember to not leave his lunchbox at school three outta five days out of the week, I didn't press on this. But, it's cool. This thread motivated me to paint, and that's the real prize! :)

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

Signal posted:

Thanks for posting this - you prompted me to check more than just the turret bases, and it seems like my poor underpaid Chinese worker had superglue all over his/her hands when my terrain kit was built :(

Given the need for pink, I may end up working on some strain this month.

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

So for the October oath, does every model have to have Pink on it to be eligible towards the oath, or is that for the Deketuv's Jernul? I don't mind putting some pink down on a few models, just probably not all of them.

nathonicus
May 2, 2013

Signal posted:

:siren: Oath Complete! :siren:

Man, I really dig that color scheme for Haqq. Nice Saladin.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Dr. Clockwork posted:

]

And under the Amnesty of October, A Skorne Mammoth from Privateer Press' Hordes 28mm

gently caress yeah, I've been waiting to see this guy finished

Germ
May 7, 2013

Korwen posted:

So for the October oath, does every model have to have Pink on it to be eligible towards the oath, or is that for the Deketuv's Jernul? I don't mind putting some pink down on a few models, just probably not all of them.

Hadn't considered the former. Interested to hear the answer!

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Korwen posted:

Last year it was just one model, assuming the same for this year.

nathonicus posted:

Man, I really dig that color scheme for Haqq. Nice Saladin.

Thanks. It's got me really hating painting white though, especially since my roommate saw my white Haqq and wanted me to paint his ALEPH white too. >.<

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

As with all of the monthly themes, you only need to do it on one model to get the points. Anything else would be nonsensical, since it might encourage people to do smaller oaths and just paint other models outside the thread; we'd rather encourage folks to paint more models and show them all to us here, right?

overthefalls
Apr 17, 2005

"They called you exotic, which is just people talk for awesome!"
Damnit, forgot that it was 12am whateverthetime, not PST.

I'll throw my sad completion in regardless. :confuoot:

Matgash
Apr 25, 2008

Know no fear!
:siren:I Oath 3x Space Marine Bikes by GW:siren:

Taking advantage of Amnesty October!

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

Signal posted:

These are nice, where are they from? Might look good with the Deadzone stuff coming next month.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
:hb: I, Asphyxious, Oath One Aleph Asura (Infinity, Corvus Belli), One Aleph Netrod (ditto) and one Scyrah Heavy Rifle Team (Warmachine, Privateer Press) :hb:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Dr. Clockwork posted:

I, Dr. Clockwork, do hereby oath to paint the following:

A Combined Army Malignos (right) and Charontid (left) for 28mm Infinity the Game by Corvus Belli

6 Cataphract Cetratii and Tyrant Vorkesh, a Themed Group of Skorne from Privateer Press' Hordes 28mm

Red Shoe posted:

:siren:For October I oath a Remorhaz, 5 Infernals, 10 Boomhowlers, and Sorscha:siren:
The Remorhaz is Reaper, everything else is Privateer Press.

Matgash posted:

:siren:I Oath 3x Space Marine Bikes by GW:siren:

Taking advantage of Amnesty October!

Asphyxious posted:

:hb: I, Asphyxious, Oath One Aleph Asura (Infinity, Corvus Belli), One Aleph Netrod (ditto) and one Scyrah Heavy Rifle Team (Warmachine, Privateer Press) :hb:

All of these are ACCEPTED!

Yes, folks (I forgot to mention this in the Detektuv's Jurnal post) :siren: it's AMNESTY MONTH this month! :siren:

Just like in years past, when Sole.Sushi would let people off the hook for their uncompleted models because it's his birthday month, I'm going to do the same because it's my birthday month too! So any failed oaths, partially-painted models or models with more than one color of paint on them (which is the usual rule) are OKAY TO OATH THIS MONTH!

How this will work with Save Da Whales:
As Leperflesh explained in this post, Save Da Whales allows you to 'save' oaths that you completed, but not on time in any month. This is only for oaths that you made in THIS oathing season - we'll have records of those. You also get entered into Leperflesh's Save Da Whales prize draw!

With the oath amnesty, you can oath ANY part-painted model, from any point in time, and you'll be OK. Pretty much anything will get accepted. You can oath that RAFM model from 1979 that only got its boots painted. You can oath that first-gen Rhino that got half-painted before your tiny hands got tired and you just started playing with it. If it's got no paint, one color or multiple colors, you can oath it. (the usual rule is either no paint or just ONE color of paint - this is the rule that is waived this month)

Remember, if you've got a part-painted model that you oathed this oath season but didn't finish, you can claim Save Da Whales on that. Make sure to note this when you oath, and if/when you complete the oath.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

when do we find out about the wyrd / malifaux October thing? :allears:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
How very timely!

Slimnoid, the winner of the 40K mini-comp a month ago, has generously offered to donate and post to the winner this Miss Pack model from Wyrd miniatures:

This mini-competition is open only to folks who oath and complete a Wyrd Miniatures model, and voting will only be open to people that are entered (so, again, you have to oath a Wyrd Miniatures model, AND complete the oath to be eligible, and to vote for the winner).

From what I can gather, this was a GenCon special model that was sold only at GenCon, so yeah it's pretty rare!

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Oct 1, 2013

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Perrrfeccct... *orders some more Malifaux minis*

:)

Zhent
Oct 18, 2011

The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time.
I, Zhent, oath this single miniature from Studio McVey

It doesn't tie in to any game system, but I plan on using it for Warhammer 40k. The actual model is here:

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Signal posted:

I'm gonna say no but I would really love to see them included with a group of dudes - indeed for that reason I'm gonna say that you can count minis at one scale higher for numbers if you have them integrated with immobile objects. (So you could do three 28mm guys workin' at your tiny computers and qualify.)

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Zhent posted:

I, Zhent, oath this single miniature from Studio McVey

What, you're not gonna go for the Box Art bonus?

Either way, Accepted

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Oh noble brogy. Overflowing with meaty wisdom and secret sauce.
I, Buffalo squeeze, oath for October 1 diorama and 5 Discworld beggars. From Micro art studios and 32 mm scale, I'd say

:siren: This is my diorama entry :siren:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Buffalo squeeze posted:

I, Buffalo squeeze, oath for October 1 diorama and 5 Discworld beggars. From Micro art studios and 32 mm scale, I'd say

:siren: This is my diorama entry :siren:

By the end of this I'm going to learn how to say the months of the year in Finnish. And..is...that...is that a...duck?...on that guy's head? I don't recall him in the books, but then I'm not an ardent follower of the mythos.

ACCEPTED

So this is a diorama entry, which needs to be finished by the end of the oath season (the end of April) - no requirement to finish this by the end of this month, and you'll get 2 points when you finish it!

This is a great time to remind everyone that there are CASH prizes for the best Diorama, the best Display Board, and the best Base, thanks to Zhent! Plus you get points for finishing a diorama and/or display board! Points that add up to sweet, sweet prizes at the end of the season!

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

krushgroove posted:

From what I can gather, this was a GenCon special model that was sold only at GenCon, so yeah it's pretty rare!

To add to that: it's sometimes thrown into packs of models, and was for a while there a little 'apology' model for a mistake--missing parts, horribly warped/damaged, etc. I happened to get this Miss Pack in a Ramos box set, for instance! You're still lucky to get it though, since it's entirely random as to when and how you'll get the model.

But yeah, let's get some more Malifaux in this thread! The new edition is out, so I'm hoping to see some good stuff from you guys.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
I, Dr. Gargunza, oath to paint the following miniatures in the month of October:
(1) Mobile Toolkit from Wyrd Miniatures/Malifaux
(far right of picture, 28mm scale);
and (6) Rats, (1) Centipede, (6) Mouse Heroes, (1) Spider, and (8) Cockroaches from the Mice & Mystics board game, produced by Plaid Hat Games.

Nothing in the pic is primed yet; the green stuff is, well, greenstuff.

Since the Plaid Hat minis are pieces from a board game, I'm not 100% sure on their scale. I think they're meant to represent 25mm, but from the game's fluff it's hard to tell (the mice used to be human heroes, polymorphed into mice, but they're not quite to scale with the rest of the minis). For comparison's sake: the rats are 24mm from feet to eyes; the mice average 19mm; and the centipede is 29mm.

I'd like to submit the Mobile Toolkit as my Get Based Out! entry. Here's a closeup of the robot on a base I slapped together out of pieces of old office supplies:

(There are a couple of springs on the back half of the base, plus some plastic gears and assorted filler materials all over. The base still needs a bit of trimming in spots; I can edit post-fix pics in after I get a chance to finish.)

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Hrm, what can I make pink?

Bear with me, I'll be in my bones boxes, I'll be back in an hour or two.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

krushgroove posted:

ACCEPTED

So this is a diorama entry, which needs to be finished by the end of the oath season (the end of April) - no requirement to finish this by the end of this month, and you'll get 2 points when you finish it!

It'd be a good idea to clarify this for Buffalo Squeeze: since this is a Diorama, due any time before April, can it also be his October oath, due by the end of October? I think the answer is yes. But; it won't be eligible for judging by the judges in October, if it's instead eligible for Diorama judging in April. Right?

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

:siren:I, Brock Samsonite, for the month of October Oath::siren:

1 Infinity Zhangshi from Corvus Beli, 1 Squig from Games Workshop, 2 Grav Weapons Platforms with Spotters from Games Workshop

edit: made post more noticable

Brock Samsonite fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Oct 1, 2013

TarDolphinorShark
Sep 25, 2008

:siren: I TarDolphinorShark Oath one pathfinder goblin from Reaper Bones :siren:

He only has some green on him from a previous start about two months ago. It seems I can finish him this month!

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

Thundercloud posted:

These are nice, where are they from? Might look good with the Deadzone stuff coming next month.

They are from the Sedition Wars Terrain Pack, from Studio McVey. They are probably the best things to have come out of that kickstarter (except that they had some parts pre-glued and that's not alwaysnever a good thing). CMON are reasonable at replacing stuff, at least.

e: pics are here

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Leperflesh posted:

It'd be a good idea to clarify this for Buffalo Squeeze: since this is a Diorama, due any time before April, can it also be his October oath, due by the end of October? I think the answer is yes.

Yes, I'd say it can be a normal oath like any other. I left the diorama to be a whole-year thing because I think it was done that way last year, but if someone wants to finish it off in a month that's fine too.

quote:

But; it won't be eligible for judging by the judges in October, if it's instead eligible for Diorama judging in April. Right?

Yes, the way the OP is written.

We can keep track of how people doing dioramas and display boards are oathing things on the spreadsheet I suppose, I didn't want to cause any more work by keeping track of people's oaths for those two things, but right now there aren't many people oathing much of either.

Buffalo Squeeze, what say you: do you want your diorama (all of it) to be your oath for October, or do you want to just shoot for finishing it by the end of the oath season?

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
For the month of October I oath 1 Jawa (for now).

Germ
May 7, 2013

For the month of October, I, Germ, do hereby oath these three Plague Drones (28mm, GW) and this bad mother... (Shut your mouth!) But I'm talking about Horace "Action" Jackson by Reaper Bones, 28mm! (Then we can dig it)

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Dr. Gargunza posted:

I, Dr. Gargunza, oath to paint the following miniatures in the month of October:
(1) Mobile Toolkit from Wyrd Miniatures/Malifaux
(far right of picture, 28mm scale);
and (6) Rats, (1) Centipede, (6) Mouse Heroes, (1) Spider, and (8) Cockroaches from the Mice & Mystics board game, produced by Plaid Hat Games.

Brock Samsonite posted:

I, Brock Samsonite, for the month of October Oath:

1 Infinity Zhangshi from Corvus Beli, 1 Squig from Games Workshop, 2 Grav Weapons Platforms with Spotters from Games Workshop
I can barely read the text of the date, but you're OK. Just a warning for next time!

TarDolphinorShark posted:

:siren: I TarDolphinorShark Oath one pathfinder goblin from Reaper Bones :siren:

Booley posted:

Germ posted:

For the month of October, I, Germ, do hereby oath these three Plague Drones (28mm, GW) and this bad mother... (Shut your mouth!) But I'm talking about Horace "Action" Jackson by Reaper Bones, 28mm! (Then we can dig it)

Everything's ACCEPTED!

It's funny that now I've finally got my own Bones shipment, I actually recognize all these models everyone is oathing.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Speed-paint complete!

quote:

Also claiming the October Jurnul on this dude for his sexy pink bodysuit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Booley posted:

If I remember right, this is actually a GW figure, right?

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Speed-paint complete!

Accepted and credited!

quote:

Also claiming the October Jurnul on this dude for his sexy pink bodysuit.

I won't credit this until your full oath is complete; at that point, you should post an Oath Complete post, with all of your models for October, and point out the Jurnal in that post. Thanks!

• Locked thread