Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paolomania
Apr 26, 2006

e: drat I'm slow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
$240k in 45 minutes...

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Wazzu posted:

Yeah, being in the 'Rest of the World' scares me right now. Plus I only really want those mice.

You'll be able to buy those off of some goon or another when they ship, no problem. I'm sure there's several folks who've already bought 10 or 20 sets just to sell them off.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Bad Munki posted:

Okay, that's certainly quite possible, but those waves will be shipped in their own time, as opposed to a literally unlimited number of "wave 1" shipping.

The big point, though, is that adding those extra waves won't (shouldn't) impact the previous waves. If you buy in to wave 17, you will obviously get your stuff after waves 1-16 have gone out. That way, they can make reasonably accurate estimates for each wave based on known factors. The big problem with the last campaign was that it was all one big heap and any delay impacted ALL orders, and the size of the thing impacted all orders as well. Keeping it in limited-size waves like this should make for highly accurate delivery estimates.

It also makes it clear to people why they got theirs so late - you're wave 17, you got yours later than 16, which got theirs later than 15, which........

Bad Munki posted:

For what it's worth, this limited-seating wave setup should at least alleviate the huge delays in shipping times for everyone, not just domestic customers. Granted, the "you pay actual shipping costs" means...whatever it means, there's really no way to know right now how big the package will be. I guess they could give a rough upper-end estimate, but it'd be so rough as to be basically useless. It was the customs and poo poo that really hosed the pricing of it last time. I would assume shipping costs at LEAST equal to whatever you paid last time, including customs and such.

I've seen international shipping be $45 for like $10 worth of stuff before. Certainty in shipping prices is great for me as a consumer (and disastrous for Reaper potentially, so I certainly understand where they're coming from). And with Wave 1 sold out, I'm probably good for right now.

Imazul
Sep 3, 2006

This was actually a lot more bearable than most of you made it out to be.
I am in. I am happy they are doing paints again after finding out how expensive they can be, I won't skip on them this time.

E: Guess that gives me 11 months to paint all my Bones.

Imazul fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Oct 1, 2013

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
I got my first shipment today, 48 paints, yay! But where are you seeing they're doing paints with this one? Just refreshed the KS page and they're not mentioned yet.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

krushgroove posted:

I got my first shipment today, 48 paints, yay! But where are you seeing they're doing paints with this one? Just refreshed the KS page and they're not mentioned yet.

They mention the new goals in the updates "long" before they show on the main page.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Agh god OK I'm awake I'm in I missed the first tier but I got tier 2 and I have no idea even what I just bought but OK bones bones bones

e. OK I like the vampire squid and I actually can use the more skeletons and the mousy guys are adorable. I will have to think about the paints, since I have a complete Minitaire set.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Oct 1, 2013

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Yeah, it was like 30-40 minutes for that first wave to sell out. You're currently getting 76 minis at $1.31 a pop (ignoring any add-ons.) Mouslings are available if you need them.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable
I'm going to have to wait a week before diving in, which is a little annoying, I'm not too fussed since I waited so long for my original Bones box to arrive and I wasn't too pissed off by it.

Nothing is really showing up as OMG I WANT THAT except the Mouslings yet, but bones bones bones

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Baby Sathanas posted:

Nothing is really showing up as OMG I WANT THAT except the Mouslings yet, but bones bones bones

Well, the nice thing is, you can buy in at the $1 level and just get the add-ons you want. So for $11, you could have your mouslings and nothing else.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Baby Sathanas posted:

I'm going to have to wait a week before diving in, which is a little annoying, I'm not too fussed since I waited so long for my original Bones box to arrive and I wasn't too pissed off by it.

Pledge now, you won't be charged until the 25th.

Also, click the Updates link to see more stuff that's been added but isn't on the main KS page yet.

Haha my 8 Am meeting was canceled I didn't even have to get up. So now I'm up just for this.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

Leperflesh posted:

Pledge now, you won't be charged until the 25th.

Also, click the Updates link to see more stuff that's been added but isn't on the main KS page yet.

Oh right, okay! Wave 2 gogogog

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Color coding!

"To make it easier for you to track, purple images will be added to your Core Set, and orange ones will be available as additional rewards simply by increasing your pledge."

Smart.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
Just when I think I'm out, they pull be back in :argh:

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Everything I really want has been free so far, except the lords of darkness add-on because I must have this dude:

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

I know it's no metric at all and is completely inaccurate and most of these are early adopters getting in at level 1, but I think the kicktraq prediction is hilarious. Imagine if it did get there.

They have to run out of minis at some point, right?

Babby Sathanas fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Oct 1, 2013

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Leperflesh posted:

Ah, thanks for that, I hadn't looked there yet.

Leperflesh posted:

So now I'm up just for this.

Yeah I bet you are :awesome:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Baby Sathanas posted:

I know it's no metric at all and is completely inaccurate and most of these are early adopters getting in at level 1, but I think the kicktraq prediction is hilarious. Imagine if it did get there.

$7.8M? I'm going to go out on a limb and predict right now that we break $5M.

e. Aaaand we just got some skaven rat men and their giant rat monster for $10

e2. $3500 while I edited this post

These are good figures

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Oct 1, 2013

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
It's amazing - $300K took them almost half of their KS run for the first Bones. They made that in under an hour this time.

EDIT: Why is that guy's armor made from castles?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
At this rate, considering I got about 80% of the add-ons from the first one (and wanted to bump that to probably 90%) I can see my $100 turning into $300 or even $400 very easily.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Looks like they've already added wave 3.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

$7.8M? I'm going to go out on a limb and predict right now that we break $5M.

e. Aaaand we just got some skaven rat men and their giant rat monster for $10

e2. $3500 while I edited this post

These are good figures

Look at that guy wearing a castle that is amazing.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Bad Munki posted:

Looks like they've already added wave 3.

Wave 3 was there when I pledged for 2 about 30 minutes ago. Weirdly some people have already pledged it.

berzerkmonkey posted:

It's amazing - $300K took them almost half of their KS run for the first Bones. They made that in under an hour this time.

EDIT: Why is that guy's armor made from castles?

He is castle armor man. His homearmor is his castle. Don't question his fortifications man.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

I'm dying at the castle-armour guy, he's hilarious hahaha.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Well, I mean, what do you attack him with? Swords? Siege weapons? If the former, he'll just hole up within the walls. If the latter, he'll just walk somewhere else. Clearly the goal is to confuse the enemy into inaction.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Let me know if posting these is annoying or redundant.

Beastmans. These are good goat dudes for a warhammer beastman player to use as like unit champions or whatnot.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Those guys look awesome! So glad they're on the purple background

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Once they reach beastmen, they'll be at 93 minis for the basic pledge, plus Dungeon Decor. They're almost to under a buck a mini.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I'm looking through the website and noticing some familiar models. Is Reaper a rebranded Ral Partha or did they buy the rights to the models or something?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

What I want to know is: where's Sophie? :downs:

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

I really hope Sophie shows up. She was basically a free-models token last time.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I'm looking through the website and noticing some familiar models. Is Reaper a rebranded Ral Partha or did they buy the rights to the models or something?

No, that's Iron Wind Metals and Ral Partha Europe. It's possible that they're just similar. Alternately, you may have seen the same Reaper models in metal before. Not all of these are new models. Some are old metals that Reaper's bringing over to Bones. Some of these are going to be models culled from their top seller list, some are going to be models that Reaper thinks will sell well if you can get them a lot cheaper (really big models or ones that you'd want hordes of).

EDIT: Also, I notice they've opened up a new tier for Wave III, estimated for October, like Wave II.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Reaper has a number of ex-Ral Partha sculptors on staff, and I suspect they also bought some of Ral Partha's molds when they went busto. So yeah, they're kind of a spiritual successor, although there are other companies who also have Ral Partha molds.

Julie Guthrie in particular was sculpting for Ral Partha as far back as 1978, and is a productive sculptor for Reaper, including some of their new Bones figures.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

A ton of Ral Partha sculptors also do models for Reaper.

e:f,b

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I'm super stoked about those minotaurs and co. And the gorgon and chimera. I love seeing purple behind sets like those.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Baby Sathanas posted:

I really hope Sophie shows up. She was basically a free-models token last time.

Which is probably why she isn't in this one; they must have come to regret letting people trade her in for $25 of good stuff.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Mr. Pigdemon is cool but I don't think I'll throw in $12 for these.

Sefer posted:

Which is probably why she isn't in this one; they must have come to regret letting people trade her in for $25 of good stuff.

My bet is she's a costs-money add-on this time.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Yeah, I think I'll just pick up pigdemon somewhere down the line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Leperflesh posted:

Let me know if posting these is annoying or redundant.

Naw man, keep it up. Hard to keep up, otherwise.

• Locked thread