Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Leperflesh posted:

Mr. Pigdemon

I had a really hard time reading that for some reason. I kept hearing it as pidge-emon, like some sort of pidgeon pokemon, and I just assumed I didn't get it because I was never into that poo poo and I was having the hardest time trying to figure out which one you were both talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
That's how I saw it at first, but pig-demon does have little wings. Maybe a demonic pig had consensual, loving intercourse with a pigeon. I wouldn't want to imagine anything else.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Sounds legit, backstory accepted.

Anyhow, clip his wings and he's be a pretty good old-school Gannon.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

krushgroove posted:

That's how I saw it at first, but pig-demon does have little wings. Maybe a demonic pig had consensual, loving intercourse with a pigeon. I wouldn't want to imagine anything else.

People are always demonizing the pigs. For all we know, it was a demonic pigeon having consensual, loving intercourse with a regular pig. Check your cis privilege at the door.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
I have so many minis from the first Bones KS, I don't know about getting the Core Set this time around. The Add-ons only option is nice as so far I really like the mouslings and the kraken. I'm just worried that once the 500 "options only" tier is filled they won't have any more.

edit: Is that a big chunk of terrain they show in the video on the lower left?

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Oct 1, 2013

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

More heroes added to core. These guys are fine but nothing pops out at me as being amazing.
"The Holy Vindicator, Pathfinder Eando Kline, Balazar the Summoner, Lini the Druid, Arael, the Cleric, and Alain the Cavalier"

Indolent Bastard posted:

I have so many minis from the first Bones KS, I don't know about getting the Core Set this time around. The Add-ons only option is nice as so far I really like the mouslings and the kraken. I'm just worried that once the 500 "options only" tier is filled they won't have any more.

Pledge for both, remove the one you don't want at the end of the KS?

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Oct 1, 2013

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Man, I want the kraken so bad but I don't think I'd ever use it, even if I did get around to painting it.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Man, they're going to do a million dollars just today, aren't they?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

/\/\/\They're going to break half a mil in the next 30 minutes, so yes probably. Keep in mind the west coast is just now getting to work and settling in for some nice goofing off online before doing anything, so I think the next hour or two will be big, and then it will start to level off a lot.

Bad Munki posted:

Man, I want the kraken so bad but I don't think I'd ever use it, even if I did get around to painting it.

...use? What do you mean, use. Are you saying there's a way to use Bones, besides sorting them into little category piles on my desk, and then putting them back into their bin?

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

How do you pledge for more than one level?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

Can I do this? If so how?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

berzerkmonkey posted:

I dunno. I'd probably make an account for my wife and do it that way or something? Do you own two credit cards? I'm sure the system doesn't want you to do that, but it can be done anyway. Get your mom to pledge a dollar. Tell her it's for charity.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Huh, my inbox seems strangely themed today.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

berzerkmonkey posted:

Make a Kickstarter account with a different e-mail address. Connect it to the same Amazon account. You can then make two pledges to the same KS and still get charged off the same card.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Mr. Bones is not keeping up on his little path. Dammit Monkey, you were right, they are really slacking on the Mr. Bones infographics this morning!

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Better call the whole thing off!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ahahaha Oh my god, a cube!

I'm going to buy a sloppy cube of transluscent Bonsium.

Seriously though, why would you pay for a sculpted model of gloppy snot as opposed to just making one out of play-doh or whatever? (I'm referring to the two other slimes there.)

e. OK if they put like little suspended skulls and whatnot inside the cube, that's something I'd pay for I suppose.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Ahahaha!

quote:

Feared by adventurers everywhere, the Gelatinous Cube has spent decades being represented by dice cubes or worse! This absolutely gorgeous model has a translucent and hollow cube that can be detached from the base and placed over a character or villain!

Awesome.

Leperflesh posted:

Seriously though, why would you pay for a sculpted model of gloppy snot as opposed to just making one out of play-doh or whatever?
Because it's holloooowwwww

quote:

e. OK if they put like little suspended skulls and whatnot inside the cube, that's something I'd pay for I suppose.
You could totally do this yourself, just fill it with clear resin and skulls.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

I dunno. I'd probably make an account for my wife and do it that way or something? Do you own two credit cards? I'm sure the system doesn't want you to do that, but it can be done anyway. Get your mom to pledge a dollar. Tell her it's for charity.

Good idea! I did that trick for the Toughest Girls KS before I pulled out entirely. I'll have to unearth one of my other KS accounts.

edit: and done! Used the same amazon account and credit card, just a different KS account and gmail account.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Oct 1, 2013

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
They need to make it translucent with a skeleton, some armor, and coins floating in there. Then I'd pay $10.

EDIT: Ok, that's cool then.

DOUBLE EDIT: It had better scale to 10' by 10'...

berzerkmonkey fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Oct 1, 2013

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Bad Munki posted:

Ahahaha!

Awesome.

OK yes that is cool then, if it's hollow I can put things in it.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

My only question is about how big it is, because a lot of minis have tall swords sticking up and such.

Paolomania
Apr 26, 2006

With the raging success of the Bones line, how long do you think it will be before the other big mini manufacturers throw their hat in the budget-conscious-plastic-minis ring?

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
I wasn't sure if I was going to stick with this one since I haven't done anything with the bones I already have, but I need that gelatinous cube.

Paolomania posted:

With the raging success of the Bones line, how long do you think it will be before the other big mini manufacturers throw their hat in the budget-conscious-plastic-minis ring?

Other companies have tried mini Kickstarters since Bones, often in plastic, they just never do as well. I remember there being one company that tried to launch their plastic line twice after bones and failed both times.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Bad Munki posted:

My only question is about how big it is, because a lot of minis have tall swords sticking up and such.

Your other figures will be bones too, and easily bend inside~

Really though, a gelatinous cube is 10'x10'x10' historically in games, which in the normal scale would make it 2"x2"x2". Should fit over anything mansized easily, even heroically posed.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Paolomania posted:

Never? GW, Wyrd, and Privateer are doing fine with the plastics they have now. If they did cheapo plastics, they couldn't retain their profit margins.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Paolomania posted:

Depends on which other big mini manufacturers you mean. I think the timeline will shoot asymptotically to infinity before it actually reaches GW, for example.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

quote:

CUBE IS TRANSLUCENT AND HOLLOW. LIKE MY WALLET.
Sigh. So true...

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Less than 50 wave 2 slots left, by the way.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Paolomania posted:

I dunno. I think a lot of the other big makers have already invested in injection-mold plastic manufacturing lines, and these investments are huge; it's incredibly expensive up-front to set up for that. That'd make it very difficult for, say, Privateer Press to go down that path. GW already has finecast on top of plastic, and they avoid the bargain segment of the market like the plague.

Some of the smaller outfits might consider it: Wyrd Miniatures, say, or Corvus Belli. But they have tabletop games where they update their army factions every few years, and that means the entire cost of moldmaking has to be recouped. Moreover, they have fewer total figures to convert. For Reaper, they can expect to sell a given Bones model for the next 10+ years, fairly steadily, since they're mostly supplying figures for RPG players and everyone needs some skeletons or a dude with a sword now and again. And Reaper's back catalog contains literally thousands of figures, so as they convert them to Bones (and update sculpts here and there), they're making investments that they can reasonably expect to pay off for decades.

They're also already big enough and well established enough to get people to pledge the multi-millions of dollars it's costing to in-house the production. I suppose a smaller maker could just go the Chinese outsourced route and maybe make it work with smaller production runs.

It'll be interesting to see how the industry reacts over the next couple of years, though. I think if nobody else steps up, they're basically giving the market segment (very cheap blister packs of plastic character and monster figures) away to Reaper.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Sefer posted:

Less than 50 wave 2 slots left, by the way.

Why would I care about Wave 2 :smug::smug::smug:

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Does anyone see any rhyme or reason for what they offer as an addon vs. what they offer as (and only as) a free addition to the core? It's not a huge deal, but it's mildly annoying that I can't add on the beastmen package.

monsteroftheweek
Oct 9, 2012
I want the Kraken so bad. I don't even play any of these games, and wouldn't be able to paint it, but I want it all the same.

The only thing stopping me from buying it is that it'd never get painted, and that would be terrible.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

JerryLee posted:

Does anyone see any rhyme or reason for what they offer as an addon vs. what they offer as (and only as) a free addition to the core? It's not a huge deal, but it's mildly annoying that I can't add on the beastmen package.

I suspect that by the end you'll be able to get duplicates (or add-ons for the $1 folk) of the various stretch goals. But maybe not, who knows. Could email them about it, ask if there's going to be a way for you to grab pieces of the core set and not just the add-ons.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah in Bones I, you could double-up on a lot of the already-added-to-vampire stretch goals if you wanted. I wouldn't be shocked to see that happen again. On the other hand, they might be trying to simplify the packing-and-shipping stage for themselves, and avoiding having to crack open any Core Sets to add more stuff might be one way of doing that; they have their boxed Core Sets, and then they have their Add On sets, and they're totally separate.

So I could see it going either way. But keep in mind, you can always just wait a year (like we all are) and just buy the figure off the shelf at your FLGS.

More demons,
and

A case add on, which was part of Bones I and they're really just simple plastic cases with foam, nothing to write home about. And I'm sure they were $25 last time. At $30 I'd say go check out what you can get from KR Multicase instead; a little more expensive, a lot nicer.

e. I like the bug demon.

e2. Wave 4 is added, 2000 more pledges for Nov. 2014.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Oct 1, 2013

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Yeah, the last time was $25, I used Sophie to get mine.

Again, I really like this wave setup they're doing. I think that's going to do wonders for both estimating delivery times and, perhaps more importantly, managing customer expectations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK that's weird, the "everything that's in Core Set" graphic has disappeared from the main page.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Hahaha there's no point in even trying to keep your front page graphics updated, Reaper. Just grab your ankles and receive our dollars.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Leperflesh posted:

OK that's weird, the "everything that's in Core Set" graphic has disappeared from the main page.

Yeah, latest update just landed:

"We're just going to go ahead and take your money and head to a tropical paradise, thanks!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Bad Munki posted:

Yeah, the last time was $25, I used Sophie to get mine.

quote:

Drake-avatar-2.small
Brandon Reed 1 minute ago

Do you guys read before you post? It clearly says "with 4 foam trays and larger cavities."

Apparently it's bigger.

e. They're going to break the $500k mark within the third hour of this KS. The momentum is crazy right now.

• Locked thread