Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
I wonder if you called Reaper HQ right now if you could hear the screaming and cheering going on in the background?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Water elementals and some crystal thingies.

Also the main graphics are back up on the main page.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

poo poo, I'm a sucker for elementals.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

It would be nice to have some sense of scale on that set. Just how big is the splashy water guy gonna be?

The crystals are totally throw-away, you can carve crystals out of foam or balsa in like two minutes, but I kinda dig the watery thing coming out of a bucket.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

I got two cases last time and really regret not having spent that money on add-on minis instead. They really are not great. I am not even sure why you need foam to protect plastic minis, and they have so many dudes with staves and swords upraised that you'd have to do a lot of work to get Bones to fit.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Leperflesh posted:

It would be nice to have some sense of scale on that set. Just how big is the splashy water guy gonna be?

The crystals are totally throw-away, you can carve crystals out of foam or balsa in like two minutes, but I kinda dig the watery thing coming out of a bucket.

I assume they'll be translucent like their ghosts and fire elementals and goopcube. The picture there is undoubtedly of the metal version of that mini.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Leperflesh posted:

Water elementals and some crystal thingies.

Also the main graphics are back up on the main page.

Oh god drat it.

I should stop paying attention to this, it would be less annoying to bump up my pledge by large amounts a few times rather than $10 every time something I can't pass up shows up.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Just passed 5000 backers, by the way. Bones I had 17,744 backers.

e.

quote:

We’re excited to announce that in conjunction with Studio 2 Publishing, this Kickstarter project is enabling us to launch Savage Worlds™ Bones! Studio 2 Publishing produces the Savage Worlds game system, a rules set designed to be fast, fun, and flexible. With an endless array of possible settings, including the infamous Deadlands™, there’s no limit to what these models can do!

Zombie cowboys! Giant prarie tick! Horrible underground monster, a la Tremors! I love them.

That guy on the bottom left is officially The Saint of Killers. I decided. :colbert:

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Oct 1, 2013

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Hooeey, boys, looks like we got us some Deadlands!

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Ah poo poo, Glom and a Harrowed slinger?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
:tviv: this has taken off like nobody's business. I already want basically all of it, but I am forbidden. Argh. I might have to beg for it for a christmas pressie or something.

The greater demons, incidentally, are a not-Glabrezu and a not-Nalfanshee. Just to identify them.

I knew this would happen D:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I think they've got a good shot at breaking $1M on the first day. Have any other kickstarters done that?

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Leperflesh posted:

I think they've got a good shot at breaking $1M on the first day. Have any other kickstarters done that?

Veronica Mars hit it in 4 hours. OUYA and Torment did it really quickly too: http://mashable.com/2013/03/13/veronica-mars-kickstarter-record/

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Ah poo poo, Glom and a Harrowed slinger?

Pretty sure it's a bone horror, not a glom.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Interesting that they're estimating delivery for September next year at the earliest. It seems that're learned their lessons about how long fulfilment is likely to take... And I find it very weird that some people have pledged wave 3 when wave 2s are still available o_O

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
'Ang on a tick! I just watched the video. That looked like Bones terrain!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

thespaceinvader posted:

Interesting that they're estimating delivery for September next year at the earliest. It seems that're learned their lessons about how long fulfilment is likely to take... And I find it very weird that some people have pledged wave 3 when wave 2s are still available o_O

Yeah I suspect some people are just clicking the first $100 tier they see without reading it.

Hill Giants!

The guy on the top right looks a lot like Mr. Hyde from that terrible League of Extraordinary Gentlemen movie.

e. Yeah pretty clearly a reference for the sculptor:

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Oct 1, 2013

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Yes please. It's going to be heartbreaking when I have to decide on options and stay within my budget.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I'm considering getting the heroes and villains thing and clipping the bases off the bottom of the figures to use as basing fodder for special characters. Then you've still got the figures that you can put on normal bases. It seems like it might be a pretty competitive deal for $10 given that some places you'd pay that much straight up for 5-6 equivalent resin bases.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

JerryLee posted:

I'm considering getting the heroes and villains thing and clipping the bases off the bottom of the figures to use as basing fodder for special characters. Then you've still got the figures that you can put on normal bases. It seems like it might be a pretty competitive deal for $10 given that some places you'd pay that much straight up for 5-6 equivalent resin bases.

Those are removable bases. It says so in the update for it. They have their normal sized bases which 'click' into the huge ridiculous base. It's even easier than what you're saying.

Edit: Referring to these:

You can see the lines easily on the lower right, and upper left ones.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I still want to know why that guy is also a castle

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Maybe he's not a castle. Maybe he's a ghost.

You know, a fortified spirit.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Welp I didn't see that part of the update, just the graphic. Silly me.

Ironically the castle is probably the one base I couldn't use (or would have to modify) because the tiny door would just be goofy.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Hollow it out (if it's not already) and the mouslings can live in there.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

JackMann posted:

Pretty sure it's a bone horror, not a glom.

drat you're right, their sure area lot of corpses stuck together monsters in that setting. Guess there room for a round two.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

"A return to classic fantasy with our Sylvan Creatures pack! Two Centaurs, a faerie and a dryad are a must for forest encounters!"

I can dig it. I like that the centaurs are wearing armor.

JerryLee posted:

Welp I didn't see that part of the update, just the graphic. Silly me.

Ironically the castle is probably the one base I couldn't use (or would have to modify) because the tiny door would just be goofy.

Objective markers for 6mm wargames!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Missed early bird and wave 2, but then when I went to confirm my wave 3 pledge, one person had backed out of wave 2 and I snuck in! Woo! :woop:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Ehh, it's not like there's a big (projected) gap between individual waves. Heck, two of them are listed for the same month. So you're looking at, say, two weeks per wave. Missing out on one and going to the next one out shouldn't be too big a deal, since it's a year out anyhow.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Well, if he's reselling them again, it may matter if he gets them before other resellers do. How many core sets do you think you're going to get this time, Captain?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Oh right, that whole thing. We don't even know if you'll be able to do that this time. Get multiple cores, I mean.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

Missed early bird and wave 2, but then when I went to confirm my wave 3 pledge, one person had backed out of wave 2 and I snuck in! Woo! :woop:

e/b: How many dozen sets are you ordering this time?

Still curious.

E: Can I just pledge $1,000,000 to see the stretch goals then back out? (I am kidding but I'd love to do it.)

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Oct 1, 2013

bobvonunheil
Mar 18, 2007

Board games and tea
Goddammit my inbox is full of Bones emails. Why did I get in on the first wave :argh:

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

bobvonunheil posted:

Goddammit my inbox is full of Bones emails. Why did I get in on the first wave :argh:

Those are some serious 1st world problems you've got right there.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

First wave problems :haw:

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Bad Munki posted:

Oh right, that whole thing. We don't even know if you'll be able to do that this time. Get multiple cores, I mean.

I suspect they'll post instructions on that once things start to die down a little, along with how to get things from the core set as add ons. People can make multiple accounts to grab multiple sets, might as well make it so they can add it on one account.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Dunno. Going to see how much I can invest, I've got a month to figure it out.

Dropped a grand on it to begin with though, so at least ten. :v:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

6000 backers. Christ.

Fix fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Oct 1, 2013

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

edit: woop hah beaten! This is what happens when I try to do work in between reaper bones updates.

More demons, ho hum. Not impressed by these. They're good sculpts, I guess, but I don't need them and $15 is too high anyway. Give me more giants.

radlum
May 13, 2013
So I pledged 1 dollar, just in case (and because $100 is way beyond my kickstarter budget). Now, does that mean I can pledge whatever amount is needed for the additional things that are being revealed? As in, I can pledge $10 for the Water Elemental, and $10 for the Heroes and Villains, for a total of $21, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Leperflesh posted:

edit: woop hah beaten! This is what happens when I try to do work in between reaper bones updates.

More demons, ho hum. Not impressed by these. They're good sculpts, I guess, but I don't need them and $15 is too high anyway. Give me more giants.

I like how the demon on the right's wings are cutout pieces of paper, unless I'm seeing things.

• Locked thread